PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Chaos III needs replacer

Matrix
06-03-2006, 16:47
Arghis can't play anymore, and he was playing France. We're on a tiny map with all a relatively large island, in normal perspective actually quite small, surrounded by tiny islands (average size: six tiles).

Arghis was playing France. I'm Celtic, Banzai is Japanese and akots is Sumerian. We're all early Middle Ages IIRC. I have done an invasion in France and destroyed two cities. Akots destroyed one Japanese city.

Is there anyone interested in taking over France? The game is quite exciting. Sumeria and the Celts have done some damage to Japan and France, but Japan and France their UU's are within their grasp and the Sumerian and Celtic UU's are starting to get obscolete...

grs
06-03-2006, 17:08
If this game is still active, I would be interested in the spot.

akots
06-03-2006, 17:40
If there is indeed a replacement for Arghis, we might give it a try.

I hate it when a player blocks all coastal tiles and there is no place to land. This usually gives nothing but prolongs the inevitable. ;)

Banzai
06-03-2006, 17:54
LOL..
As if you can get close to my island to land troops anyway..

The last time I checked your ships were sailing away from my land, followed be a huge Japanese armada :)

akots
06-03-2006, 18:24
That was because there was not a single tile to land there. You do realize that this actually makes the game not funny but boring and pretty much unplayable? You also do realize I could have won some turns ago if not for the blocking on the coast. Now, for some reason, I'm forced to play another 150 turns for absolutely nothing because nothing is going to change. It does not make the game attractive or interesting and I'm always puzzled by this kind of attitude.

Banzai
07-03-2006, 09:38
Its quite simple.. I just need a few more turns for chivalry... then you are welcome to land

akots
07-03-2006, 18:03
quote:Originally posted by Banzai

Its quite simple.. I just need a few more turns for chivalry... then you are welcome to land

Sure, it happens all the time, I mean the thing about few more turns. Then you would want musketeers when I have cavalry and then you would want cavalry when I have riflemen. By the time you get infantry you would want bombers. It all would end with nukes and marines in the modern age. :)

No problem, lets play this one to until nukes, I'm fine with it.

However, in general, imho, it is not a good idea to play or even start these kinds of games without early amphibious units. Might be giving knights and macemen amphibious ability or create another unit, like Man-at-Arms (4.3.1 with 6 vet hit points; 4hp - regular and 7hp elite; cost 60 or 70 shields) available with Astronomy.

Otherwise, these games last a long time and their outcome is rather predictable. Unless there is some major diplomacy changes which are anticipated in case of replacement players.

grs
07-03-2006, 23:16
As I see it the game is still emotionally active. I am not sure it seems like all players want to continue it...

akots
07-03-2006, 23:45
quote:Originally posted by grs

As I see it the game is still emotionally active. ...

That is part of the process. Harassement is supposed to weaken the spirit and has a chance to force the opponent to make mistakes. [evil]

Nothing personal, just bullshitting around and trying to be mean and stupid.