PDA

View Full Version : Scoop on next patch!

DrAlimentado
17-05-2003, 02:09
Hey, check out this PM I got (@cfc) from Atari:

quote:
Hi there,

Saw your post about your message to Firaxis. Thought I'd jump in and let you know that Firaxis only creates the English version of the patch, then we at Atari contract out to have it ported/translated (as necessary) and then tested across all of the other versions of the software. Firaxis usually posts the English version immediately, but because of various scheduling issues which I won't bore you with, it sometimes ends up that the international versions being waaaaay behind.

No longer. In fact, I think the next patch has been done for a while, but because of the global nature of Play the World, we're holding it back until QA's tested it across all versions, after which the next patch will be released worldwide.

Thought you'd like to know the scoop, and know that we do what we can to listen and act upon our community's requests... :-)

Best regards,
Jeff Foley
Sr. Brand Manager
Atari

Now, it's a bit naughty of me to post a PM vertabim like this but I thought fuck it - why not. Just don't go printing it up anywhere else please! I can justify it I reckon (ie. he's kinda using me to make this statement known rather than make it public himself and have to defend the why's and wherefore's of the missing 1.21 europatch) but I cant be arsed ;)

DrAlimentado
17-05-2003, 02:11
And for the record this was my reply:

quote:Hi Jeff,

What a nice surprise! It's not every day I get a communication from a games developer, and a scoop no less!

I am very pleased to hear that the next patch will be given a simultaneous worldwide release, that is the ideal solution from my point of view, so I can't thank you enough for this

My only slight caveat is that there is still no word on the non-US version PTW1.21f patch. Having 2 different (incompatible) patch versions in use is causing no end of havoc to multiplay/pbem and succession games, as I'm sure you can imagine. Hopefully it won't be much longer, and I now feel reassured that once 1.21f is finally sorted we won't have this situation arise again.

Thanks again for your note,

Ben Craven-Griffiths.

col
17-05-2003, 10:00
Excellent news. Well done Dr A!

ProPain
17-05-2003, 10:02
That's great news!

Lt. Killer M
17-05-2003, 10:49
great!

prettyvacant
17-05-2003, 18:07
good news, excellent stuff Dr Al, you must be Clark Kent in disguise

Skyfish
17-05-2003, 20:54
Where was your post in the first place ? So next time we need a scoop will post over there [lol]
Well done and thanks a lot for updating us !

DrAlimentado
17-05-2003, 21:25
Here's the post with my message to Firaxis at cfc (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=982956#post982956)