PDA

View Full Version : Match Results week 8

Kemal
26-02-2006, 22:32
[charge]

Amazing match, delightful result!

quote:
33000 spectators arrived at FC De Snaken Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Suárez, Balyon, Lucado - Espinola, Halling, Lavie, Hansson - Sánchez, Kronskär, Catanã.

onoverwinnelijke had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Kullenmo - Wallström, Flamstad, Hammer - Cederhout, Säfbo, Tapia, Cleton, Baldi - Duvstedt, Hutchins.

Snaken demonstrated their creative tactics on the field. onoverwinnelijke seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. In the game's 18th minute, Sido Abe Cederhout almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. Glenn Cleton had a good try in the 29th minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. Snaken broke through on the left in the 32nd minute, with Agapito Suárez firing at an acute angle to give the home side a 1 - 0 lead. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, onoverwinnelijke's Barry Hutchins got himself booked. After 36 minutes onoverwinnelijke's Thomas Wallström contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Snaken put themselves up 2 - 0 when Mauro Sánchez broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. Snaken had to manage with a reduced squad from the 40th minute on, as Jose Maria Espinola got sent off for a foul in a free situation. Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek made a brilliant save in the 41st minute, blocking a rocket of a shot from Barry Hutchins on the right hand side. In the game's 43rd minute, Snaken's Per Kronskär fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Per Kronskär for taking a dive. The teams went for a halftime break at 2 - 0. onoverwinnelijke, bringing the ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

A bit later, onoverwinnelijke's Joakim Duvstedt easily reduced to 2 - 1 after a misunderstanding in the home side's central defense line. The referee showed Snaken's Agapito Suárez the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Barry Hutchins was the unlucky victim and couldn't continue the game, so onoverwinnelijke's Marten Kosten had to come off the bench. A speedy charge from the left side of the field increased Snaken's lead to 3 - 1 as Boe Halling finished it off competently, firing from an acute angle. Fredrik Säfbo of onoverwinnelijke received a yellow card in the 65th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Boe Halling sailed high above the opponents as he headed the 4-1 goal in on a corner kick from Agapito Suárez after 81 minutes of play. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Snaken's Ristea Catanã had an excellent opportunity in the 84th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! The forty-five minutes were dominated by onoverwinnelijke, with an impressive 54 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Snaken player was Mauro Sánchez. Florian Lucado on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating onoverwinnelijke player was without a doubt Miguel Tapia. Marten Kosten on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 1.

Who said midfield was all in HT again? :D

arne1
26-02-2006, 23:01
I won 5 - 0 with pic against a bot again. Did not score a goal the second halve with 97% posssesion with weak attack against weak defense (comparable level of weak overal). That was a bit of a let down. Lost the first psotion now. Still in contention of course.

Mistfit
27-02-2006, 03:31
I chickened out and did not PiC this week against the team I PiC'ed and won at home against last week.

No injuries :D only one card

Next week is my big match. It is against the guy that I am tied for 2nd place with. Although he does have a lot more points than me. (suprise, suprise)

quote:Who said midfield was all in HT again?
God I hope it helps [karate]

quote:Mistfits_Marauders, bringing their ball possession to 80 percent, dominated the battle.

Mistfits_Marauders held the ball, with a clear 79 percent of possession.

[mistfit]

akots
27-02-2006, 03:46
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
Who said midfield was all in HT again? :D

Chemists played a very decent match with whatever players Deep Space Elm spared during CDZ cup. Played against the league leader (high passable midfield, solid-excellent defense and rather not so bad attack) with very low wretched midfield and actually lost only 2-1, not bad at all. Of course I played CA.

Shabbaman
27-02-2006, 06:58
Easy win, but a red card for one of my forwards. A real shame, because otherwise I'd have gotten over 200 hatstats and 50 stars for the first time. Pity. But there's always next week.

Swingue
27-02-2006, 09:02
Lost 1-3 while pic'ing to the now new number 1. I expected it so i pic'ed giving me a better spirit. Second place for me now.

Melifluous
27-02-2006, 11:29
I won away from home 2-3, PIC'ing against the 4th place dude (I'm in third).

I PIC'ed against him last week and drew 2-2 so this is very nice and unexpected.

With PIC I still got 50% possession ;)

[meli]

socralynnek
27-02-2006, 12:37
I won at home 1-0.
My opponent played CA, which I was prepared for.
So PICing last week paid off.
As I can PIC next week vs last, I guess I can have a nice TS boost for the rest of the season s.t. I won't get into trouble with demoting places.