PDA

View Full Version : ProPain's Pretty Pointless Popquiz - VI

ProPain
15-05-2003, 18:28
First one to post song title and performing artist(s) wins.

Please rate this song too!

Download Attachment: /forum/icon_paperclip.gif /ProPain/PPtrack6.mp3 (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ProPain/PPtrack6.mp3)

DrAlimentado
15-05-2003, 18:32
aha! finally you post one in the evening instead of lunchtime :)

Now let's see if I can ggogle up an answer before anyone else...

DrAlimentado
15-05-2003, 19:00
Dam you ProPain!! ;)

The lyrics are from a ficticous TV show called 'Psycho Dad' on Married With Children, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's what this song is called. As to who performs this version of it, I have no idea, and apparently neither does Google.

Bleh, do you know how much I dislike MWC!!! Do you know how many pages of Al Bundy fan sites I've just trudged through!! Do you realise how many misogynistic websites there are on the web worshipping that show!! I think I've burned my eyes...

I would have voted it a 4, but that was before I exposed myself to the source...

prettyvacant
15-05-2003, 19:16
yehh evenings good (my firms firewall lets nothing through)

MWC - arent they supposed to be monsters? like Alf Garnett? still i spose if he was around today he'd have fan web sites

DrAlimentado
15-05-2003, 19:21
I don't deny Married With Children may be intended as satire, but for me it misses the mark. (I just don't enjoy it is what I'm saying ;))

Some of the websites though, "Mens Coalition Against Women" etc. with not a whiff of irony...

ProPain
15-05-2003, 22:33
Well, dr. A. You get half a point for song title. Psycho Dad is the correct song title. It is indeed from MWC although AFAIK only the first part of the lyrics are compliant with the original MWC tv series song. But I'm not entirely sure, cuz I found some different lyrics from the MWC show also, apparently they changed the song around in MWC.

Performing Artist(s) was /were meant to be(and hopefully will be) harder to find than the ones I posted before. Although I'm pretty sure you won't find them on any of the MWC fan pages....You need a different angle I'm afraid.

Good luck.

PS You should vote before you look it up, it's supposed to be a blind test. [fdevil]

DrAlimentado
15-05-2003, 23:32
yeah, I found about 5 different versions of the MWC psycho dad title theme. From what I could gather it was a running joke in the show and they kept changing the lyrics each season, or something.

I even d/loaded a clip of the original song, fwiw it wasn't as good as this version! (think tra-la-la type rubbish [sleep])

Hmmm, maybe I'll have one more go at google. I tried a few things like excluding 'Al Bundy' + 'MWC' already though. Hmmmm....

Vote before I search... yeah, that would be fairer. But hey, fuck fairness. [fdevil]

DrAlimentado
15-05-2003, 23:59
ok, I give in. My deviant mind can't find the right parameter to include/exclude.

Here's a little present for you though [}:)]

click here for original version (http://upc.strikenet.at/psychodad.htm)

Sween
16-05-2003, 06:32
there was also a psycho mom show, too. i think it was only in one episode though.

Grille
16-05-2003, 08:16
Although I'm late again, I try to sqeeze out half a point for naming the band:
I bet it's The Cannics.

ProPain
16-05-2003, 10:52
The Cannics is not the right answer. I have to admit this one is pretty hard to find. A hint: it's a dutch hardcore band.

PP

ProPain
19-05-2003, 09:30
I'm gonna end all your suffering because I plan on posting a new one today.

The answer to this one is 'Psycho Dad' by The Butcher. They're next to impossible to find with google. They will pop up on 'psycho dad hardcore' with their old homepage. (You have to load that from google cache also since they changed it recently)

ok half a point for Dr. A. and moving on to no 7.