PDA

View Full Version : Season 28 Match 4

Swingue
29-01-2006, 23:37
Amazing, I've just won my 4th consecutvie game in the league. 1-2 against a good opponent. Next game will be a win as well. Now 12 points out of 4 games, number 2 has 8 points. What is happening here?

[charge] I am in charge!

quote:
28563 spectators had come to Victory Dome this cloudy day. Fans of both teams had been eagerly awaiting this Gelderland derby and were doing their best to outshout their opponents. VicTinny started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Garnier - Harrani, Olca, Boschker - de Boer, Dijk, Bieg, Ben Haim, Ledeboer - Olenfeldt, Kuykendall.

SwingStars had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Lagreca - Kronberger, Smoszna, Klarenbeek - Kuiper, Toda, Chagas, Tillbrant, Knoester - van de Garde, Sauter.

It was an obvious ambition of VicTinny to use their ability at attacking on the flanks. A mistake by the home side's central defence in the 17th minute allowed Olaf Erik Sauter to score the 0 - 1 goal for SwingStars. In the 21st minute, SwingStars's Anton Kronberger received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Hubert de Boer of VicTinny received a yellow card in the 25th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Halftime score was 0 - 1. SwingStars held the ball, with a clear 58 percent possession rate.

SwingStars's Casper Kuiper received a play slashing through the home side's defense in the 66th minute, and chipped it past the keeper to score the 0 - 2 goal. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. VicTinny will have to do without Juan Bieg for a time, due to a bad foot injury at the 72 minute mark. He was substituted by Tjitse Haas. 76 minutes into the game VicTinny broke through on the left wing and Tjitse Haas managed to reduce the lead to 1 - 2. After the ball was lifted in from the left, Piotr Smoszna was on his own in the home side's penalty area and should have scored in the 84th minute, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. SwingStars held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

The most dominating VicTinny player was without a doubt Oshri Ben Haim. Bern Kuykendall on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SwingStars player was without a doubt Gian Maria Lagreca. However, Casper Kuiper made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 2.

and i've reached a passable midfield, now my wings have to grow better and then i might be able to fend off some teams in the 5th league

Swingue
29-01-2006, 23:38
Oh, yeah

quote:
SwingStars announced that work is set to begin on their stadium today. The contractor predicted that the project will be completed on schedule, for once, but refused to make any promises.

expanding my arena for some big games coming up in 3 weeks.

arne1
29-01-2006, 23:46
I lost. I failed to select the AOW, which probably set me back a bit. He also out smarted me a bit by suddenly not playing an extra defender, but play his winger attacking where I expected his weak attack to be. I clearly dominated midfield, but my attack is just to weak for his defense. When my wing-trainee pops to excellent playmaking I'll sell him and buy a half decent winger to completeley kill this guy next time around. the medal is slipping through my fingers with this loss.

ProPain
30-01-2006, 00:09
@swingue: nice going!! Dont get to excited about fending off 5th division teams, your team will be slaughtered in 5th. Checked your division teams: most look pretty weak, think you have a shot at winning this one. Just make sure to avoid direct promotion.

Won my game:
quote:PP SV - VV Cocu 3 - 0

View game: HT Live
Date: 29-01-2006 at 20:00
MatchID: 65244330
Arena: PP SV Arena
Crowd: 21367

21367 punters turned up at PP SV Arena, and despite threatening clouds on the horizon, no rain came. PP started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Beurskens - Boote, Eizema, Abbink - Kloppenberg, Wis, Fabian, Bergant - Vega, Cathala, Coolen.

Cocu started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Sterk - Al-Musa, Öhgren, Melinao - Haslinger, Bianchi, Weiss, Zakotnik - de Oliveira, Knölbeck, Igual.

After 14 minutes of play, Tony Cathala gave the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. As Nils-Åke Knölbeck had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Cocu player a red card without batting an eye. After 30 minutes, Tony Cathala put PP ahead 2 - 0 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. A magnificent combination in the middle resulted in PP's Yuri Kloppenberg putting the lead up to 3 - 0. After this, PP lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. After an industrious effort down the middle, Steffen Abbink could have closed the game off in the 39th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. The referee showed Cocu's Berislav Zakotnik the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. PP were forced to a substitution as Norbert Coolen couldn't continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Leo Leclair to come in from the sidelines. The teams went for a halftime break at 3 - 0. PP held the ball, with a clear 59 percent possession rate.

Fryderyk Wis should probably have put his team up another goal in the 50th minute, but some great goaltending by Alfonso Sterk kept the visitors in the game. After 60 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Yuri Kloppenberg might have resulted in another goal for PP. However, Alfonso Sterk made a spectacular save. With 64 minutes played, Vojt#283;ch Fabian could have brought this one home for PP as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. The home side's Vojt#283;ch Fabian came close to extending the lead in the 69th minute. His shot came in on the right hand side but Alfonso Sterk managed to save it by a fingernail. PP held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

PP's best player was Louis Eizema. Steffen Abbink on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Cocu player was Ernesto de Oliveira. However, Rahman Awad Al-Musa made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 0.

Mistfit
30-01-2006, 03:25
I think I have this game figured out [hmm] In the first couple of weeks I dominated the midfield and lost the matches. This week I lost T.O.P and just about every other rating available.... and I win... In the imortal words of Sparky Anderson "I'd rather be lucky than good"
quote:
socceraggie07
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: inadequate (very high)
Right Defence: poor (low)
Central Defence: inadequate (low)
Left Defence: weak (low)
Right Attack: poor (high)
Central Attack: inadequate (very low)
Left Attack: poor (low)

Mistfit's_Marauders
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: weak (high)
Right Defence: inadequate (low)
Central Defence: weak (high)
Left Defence: weak (very high)
Right Attack: wretched (very low)
Central Attack: poor (low)
Left Attack: poor (high)

ps if you don't know who Sparky Anderson is ask the closest american baseball fan [:P]

Shabbaman
30-01-2006, 10:19
I totally owned my opponent, which was a bit of a surprise. If I win this weeks match v.s. the demoted team I am really close to winning this league. It'll be really tough though. It's not as if my chances are spoiled if I loose, but I wouldn't like my chances. And if I'd want to promote I need to win almost all matches to make the cut (since I doubt I could win a promotion/relegation match). Perhaps with the league reform I could replace a bot team, little chance imo.

ProPain
30-01-2006, 11:48
You even wanna promote to 5th? I'm looking at my league no. 1: he scores solid (very low) midfield and 58 stars. He's lost 2 or 3 promotion/relegation matches the last seasons. If he has trouble winning from a not so good 5th division team I fear the regular 5th division teams. Imho there's only reason to promote: you hope you'll relegate back to an easier 6th division (like swingue's division for example [:p])

Shabbaman
30-01-2006, 12:09
I've had it with this division, indeed. But there's a lot of difference between the 5th divisions themselves. Some teams are total chaff, especially a lot of those teams that promoted automatically (which says more about the 6th division than the 5th), so it's pretty much a matter of luck. Besides, I'll be crossing the 50 stars mark by the end of the season.

ProPain
30-01-2006, 12:13
I;m at 47 stars now and I'll be nearing the 50 stars at the end seasons. Atm I dont think I'm ready for 5th at all. I'll be happy sitting around in the 6th for a while. Gathering sups and completing the forward training programm. When that's done, I gonna see if winger training combined with 3-5-2 in an option. If so I;m gonnan try and promote. Will be hard though apart from no 1 in our division me and 2 other teams are pretty equal. So that will result in champions with little points and promotion/relegation matches.

Melifluous
30-01-2006, 12:43
I won my match away against one of the promotee's.

I now have 9 points from 4 matches and am in 2nd place, 1 point behind the leader.

Very very odd stuff this season.

I must admit that my continuing run in the cup (PIC all the way) is helping me MOTS more games than usual.
And with my midfield only team, MOTS means a lot :)

Yay!

[meli]

Kemal
30-01-2006, 15:54
I won 1-5, but was amazed to see only x out of 10 chances reported while both our attacks outmatched the opponent's defense considerably, and even more bewildered about the fact that only 2 out of presumably 8 chances for me went through the middle, while using an excellent AIM ability.

So much for tactics in Hattrick, I suppose. [rolleyes]

Shabbaman
30-01-2006, 16:01
BTW, I had way more yellow cards than usual. Anyone else?

Mistfit
30-01-2006, 16:30
Actually only one... which is unusually low for me. My oppomemt only had one as well.

You must have gotten the extra ones I normally have

arne1
30-01-2006, 19:32
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

BTW, I had way more yellow cards than usual. Anyone else?

well me. I got 5 where I normally average 1 and a bit per match. ME was not my friend yesterday.

Darth Pugwash
31-01-2006, 12:23
5-0 win, third in a row including friendlies.

I was surprised to get such a big victory on a normal, I was considering MOTSing this one

I'm up to second in the league now which is cool although I'll probably drop down a couple places as the season continues.

Yellow cards? I got one, which is somewhat rare for me as I have a very well behaved squad.

Kingreno
31-01-2006, 19:11
I played a decent 0-0 away at last years champions. No yellow cards, no injurries. My defence is utterly in charge ATM.[swordman]