PDA

View Full Version : New civ 3 expansion!

Shabbaman
15-05-2003, 12:47
I was browsing the net ;) and I stumbled upon this little fact
http://pc.ign.com/articles/402/402648p1.html

So Firaxis announces a new expansion set in about 6 months (probably a year or 2 for us Europeans...) while they didn't even get the previous expansion up and running.

At first thought, are you going to buy this one, as you have bought PTW?

ERIKK
15-05-2003, 12:51
Of course I will!!!!!

ProPain
15-05-2003, 12:56
I'm not buying this one on sight as I did vanilla civ 3 and ptw. I'm still very much pissed of about the way Europeans are treated by Infogrames (?#@!greedy money loving French bastards) and Firaxis (weak kneed, bugfest programmers)

So I guess I'll wait and see how support for this expansion is dealt with.

PP

Eklektikos
15-05-2003, 12:57
Absolutely! Who wouldn't want more ill-supported, bug-ridden code on their hard drive? http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/ack.gif

digger760
15-05-2003, 13:00
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

I'm not buying this one on sight as I did vanilla civ 3 and ptw. I'm still very much pissed of about the way Europeans are treated by Infogrames (?#@!greedy money loving French bastards) and Firaxis (weak kneed, bugfest programmers)

PP

Inforgrammes are trying to hide there badness by changing there name to Atari...i tried to look up ther website the other day, it no longer exists under the name infogrammes.

ProPain
15-05-2003, 13:01
He Eklektikos: Please check this ladder section for your game against Aggie too!!

prettyvacant
15-05-2003, 13:21
hmm - 6 months, just before Christmas, any connection there you think?

Shabbaman
15-05-2003, 13:24

Do you really think that it will come with real, actual support this time?

Kemal
15-05-2003, 14:08
I'll probably buy, even though I do think the expansion will only lead to another DDPP game being started...

I'm wondering how much they'll charge for this one, with multiplayer already in the game (more or less), surely they won't ask 27,50 euro once again? I won't pay that much for just some new civs and improvements you'll never build again. I'm guessing the new victory condition will only be useable in scenarios, so I'm not really impressed what's on offer so far.

DrAlimentado
15-05-2003, 14:11
bleh. Well I would dearly love to see ptw properley supported. I'm also having problems thinking of features I'll be prepared to pay for (rather than bugfixes - which I won't pay for). Extra civs, units and techs, well there pretty easily modded in, and I personally have no need for more than 31 civs in any one game. Extra victory conditions? maybe, they'll have to be good.

The most likely reason I would end up buying such an expansion would be because it became the defacto method of playing pbem.

Now that I think about it I didnt even buy ptw, anarres bought it for me as a birthday pressie :D Thanks again anarres!! hehe.

Lt. Killer M
15-05-2003, 14:25
Kemal: they will ask more!

ProPain
15-05-2003, 14:31
Let's all not buy it and show Infogra.. ooops Atari and Firaxis, we won't put up with their crap.

Ok, I'll quit ranting now because just like dr A. I'll probably buy it anyway when it becomes the standard way of MP. (or maybe Anarres could buy it for my birthday too [party])

Skyfish
15-05-2003, 19:29
(?#@!greedy money loving French bastards)

Hey wait a second here ! I thought the DUTCH were the greedy money loving guys ? [confused]

:D [lol]

Sween
16-05-2003, 06:34
the incas are going to be in it too.

what's that mean to me? good = incan uu. bad = less visits to my website.