PDA

View Full Version : CDZ Cup 8th Edition - Discussion Thread

Melifluous
09-01-2006, 12:11
Ok Here is where we start the seasonal 'discussion' about the format of this seasons cup.

I want people to put forward complete ideas this time and we'll discuss them and then there shall be a poll and we'll go with that.

So get your arses in gear and propose already!

[meli]

Melifluous
09-01-2006, 12:12
[u]First Proposal</u>

Same as last season!

X number of leagues, top 8 teams go on to knockout stages, rest play out the lower places.

Simple to set up and Easy to understand.

[meli]

Kingreno
09-01-2006, 19:31
The editions with random groups worked extremely well IMO: I say we keep it!

arne1
09-01-2006, 19:39
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

[u]First Proposal</u>

Same as last season!

X number of leagues, top 8 teams go on to knockout stages, rest play out the lower places.

Simple to set up and Easy to understand.

[meli]

I would like to second this proposal. Although it will be difficult with more than 32 teams, but we wil cross that bridge when we come to it.

yndy
21-01-2006, 07:10
I garee.

Swingue
03-02-2006, 09:17
Liked it last year, np

Ehh, guys, when do we start?
and in case this is not next week, who wants to play a friendly?
:)

Dell19
03-02-2006, 11:53
I'm still in the cup for one more round. :)

Melifluous
03-02-2006, 13:15
quote:Originally posted by Swingue

quote:Originally posted in the Sign-Up Thread

We are now open for registration for the Cup which is scheduled to start after the 7th league game has been played in the HT season.

So I think that means after the 7th match of the season, which is not next Tues/Weds or the one after, but the one after that! (21/22nd Feb).

ok?

[meli]

English_brit
03-02-2006, 21:43
I'm out of my cup now too. No one's challenging me with a decent size stadium.

Sigh.

arne1
06-02-2006, 01:38

quote:Originally posted by Swingue

quote:Originally posted in the Sign-Up Thread

We are now open for registration for the Cup which is scheduled to start after the 7th league game has been played in the HT season.

So I think that means after the 7th match of the season, which is not next Tues/Weds or the one after, but the one after that! (21/22nd Feb).

ok?

[meli]

It's ok with me.

Kemal
06-02-2006, 18:32
Only 9 days left to register, and still we're quite the amount short of the number of teams we had participating last season...

I'll be sending invited teams a reminder message to see whether they'd like to join but missed the early sign-up thread at the CPF, for those that do not visit CDZ.

Any other teams people know of that might want to join in? Maybe some CFC teams, iirc there are some people playing there as well...

yndy
08-02-2006, 23:08
Hi, just pased by to tell you I can't be much of an assistance these weeks. Also Codrutul is reasonably interested but she's very short on time as well. I'll see if she's Ok and may register her myself as asking her to log here and join seems to much [lol]

Kemal
13-02-2006, 12:19
Hmm, so it looks like we'll be playing with 28 participants this edition, since my last minute distress calls to the invited members only saw kkrosan replying (anyone know what happened to regular cdz cup-player Plux?), and elll5 is expected to reach at least one other round in the Eesti cup.

Not wanting to discourage anyone to sign up still, but assuming we would be playing with 28 teams, how about the following format:

4 groups of 7 teams, playing each other once for the first 6 weeks. Best 2 of each group proceed to the QF, no 3 and 4 play for places 9/16, no 5 and 6 for 17 to 24, and the teams finishing last in the group stages play one final mini-league (no KO stage for them) to decide the places 25 to 28.

It has the disadvantage that we cannot provide KO rounds for the last 4 teams but maybe it can act as a stimulant to do well in the group stages?

It does allow us to play 3 instead of 2 KO rounds for a change, and allows teams a slip-up in the first group stages (or survive a group with Cruise or Suca) since no 1 and 2 of each group can still play in the QFs.

And I fully support a random draw again.

Melifluous
13-02-2006, 14:53
Only problem with groups of 7 is the fact that 1 team has no match in a week...

1 vs 2
3 vs 4
5 vs 6

what happens to 7?

[meli]

Melifluous
13-02-2006, 15:03
Only way I can see it playing out is thus...

7 leagues of 4, playing each other home and away = 6 matches

Then the top 7 leagues plus the best 2nd placed = 8 team QFs etc

then as Kemal describes above for the lower positions.

Anyone any better ideas?

[meli]

Energy
13-02-2006, 16:01
You could still use 4 leagues of 7 teams. We have 4 number 7's each week. They just simple play eachother. You can still decide if you want to make those matches count. I personally would make them count anyway. Everybody simply plays six matches that way. Sort of the system they use in the NBA, where teams also play teams which are not even in their league.

Mistfit
13-02-2006, 17:23
If it helps I have a guy that would be happy to join in.

Edit: nevermind he joined another cup

akots
13-02-2006, 20:07
what happens to 7?

They play to the other group team which does not have partner on that week like it were in Cup number 6 iirc.

Dell19
13-02-2006, 21:36
That wouldn't work fairly in a random cup if the goal difference still counted. If it doesn't count then I may prefer trying to arrange another friendly for that slot and try and get a new flag.

socralynnek
14-02-2006, 13:20
No one mentioned Swiss system yet, so I do.... works with every number (although odd number would be ... odd ;) )

Or double league stage:
7 groups of 4 with one match against eachother
First two of each group plus 2 best 3rd go to upper pool, rest lower pool.
Then upper half 4 groups of 4 and then KO.
Lower 12 teams 3 groups of 4 and then KO, or 2 of 6 and then 2 KO rounds.

Shabbaman
15-02-2006, 12:18
So we're playing next week right? When's the draw?

Kemal
15-02-2006, 13:08
We're still awaiting the cup result of Ampleksus for confirmation on the final amount of participants, draw should take place tonight I suppose. I could draw 4 groups of 7 (with the teams not having a game each week playing intergroup matches, goal difference counting) but I'm a bit at a loss for getting the fixtures arranged, though.

I don't know how to easily create those (I tried some applications last season and failed) so if anyone else could do that it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Melifluous
15-02-2006, 13:53
I really am quite against a 4 groups of 7 setup.

Just thought I'd say that now.

[meli]

Shabbaman
15-02-2006, 13:59
We could make 7 groups of 4 Or make 4 groups of 5 and 2 groups of 4 and use the same rules for different group sizes as the european qualifier groups.

socralynnek
15-02-2006, 14:01
Next wekk, there's no national cup match, so anyone can join already.

Kemal
15-02-2006, 14:12
I'm okay with any group size or rules, but would prefer to play as much different opponents as possible.

Btw, we are definitely playing with 28 teams now, as Ampleksus won the cup tie.

Shabbaman
15-02-2006, 14:17
We could play with two group phases like in the Champions League :D

Kingreno
15-02-2006, 21:02
So...when's the draw? I am asking as I will not have internetfrom Friday till Mondaymorning at work. This means that whoever I am playing will have to keep his nerves down and wait till monday till I can accept the challlenge...

Kemal
15-02-2006, 22:29
Going to draw a 7 groups of 4 teams format, probably to be playing home and away matches. It's not ideal but anything else ruins the cup and uses artificial solutions. 6 games total will be played in the groups, 8 best teams in group stages (all no. 1s and one number 2) will go through to the QF, next 8 best will play for 9 to 16 etc.

Last 4 teams to play a league format for last 4 places. Going to make the draw now, but a bit short on time so I'm not updating live, I'm afraid. Expect the groups to be up within 30 mins.

socralynnek
16-02-2006, 00:13
I want a redraw!

My opponents are much too strong!

Why would a solution with a double league phase ruin or be artificial?
At least we could play different teams then (and maybe weaker ones... ;))

But the other would also be OK for me.

akots
16-02-2006, 00:40
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

I want a redraw!

My opponents are much too strong!

[lol] I second the motion. [lol] j/k

Shabbaman
16-02-2006, 06:46
There's 1 big problem with an uneven amount of groups: you can't have 3.5 play off games. I think 4 groups of 5 and 2 groups of 4 is definately better.

Kemal
16-02-2006, 09:39
Well, someone had to make a decision since nobody was taking the responsibility. 7 groups of 4 seemed most popular and home and away games is the only method of avoiding intergroup matches during the cup, and intergroup matches are in essence pointless matches and could only lead to walkovers.

The Swiss system would have been an option too but I'm not too familiar with it and I had to make the draw. I suppose trying that next time we get in this situation is a good idea.

Melifluous
16-02-2006, 11:51
I am completely in favour of the setup as posted by Kemal.

This way after 6 matches we 3 main groups

Top 16 = Top Half knockout group (All 1st place teams plus best placed 2nd place)

Next 16 = Bottom Half knockout group (The rest except the worst 4 lower placed teams)

The "It's the taking part that counts" group = Who then play each other in the final 3 matches in a final 4 group table.

Great job Kemal and thanks for the draw [goodjob]

[meli]

yndy
16-02-2006, 19:23
I guess I accepted a different challenge. Is the Cup really starting this week? If so, sorry Mel. :(

ProPain
16-02-2006, 21:00
So we meet again Meli.

arne1
19-02-2006, 10:28
well, ehm, I am a moron. I just returned from holliday accepted a freindly and now see that I am supposed to play FC Cruise. this however is no longer possible. [sad] For some reason I thought the cup was going to start next week.
Sorry.

ProPain
19-02-2006, 13:52
I;m playing FC Onbekend in the 1st round, but FC Onbekend already has a friendly organised this week....

I suppose I get a walkover and can start looking for another friendly? Maybe FC cruise is interested?

Darth Pugwash
19-02-2006, 23:23
Wow, third time in a row that I am drawn in the same group as Black Marlins.

Kemal
20-02-2006, 01:34
Hmm, not a great start to this edition of the CDZ Cup, partly because the organization has not been up to standard so far, I think it is safe to say, but the organization is very busy with other stuff besides hattrick, so hopefully you guys will bear with us as we try to get things sorted out.

I'll get the fixtures for at least the next round of the cup up tomorrow, if anyone is forced to concede a walkover, please sent a HT-mail to the one responsible with a friendly reminder. Due to the fact that things were arranged so late the amount of WOs isn't really surprising, especially since I forgot to post the first fixture list in the Fed too. [sad]

Dell19
21-02-2006, 21:37
Not a great start for my team. Was playing mostly a full squad but I'm accidentally playing 4-3-3 which I have no experience in and playing a midfielder as a normal central defender.

Oops.

akots
22-02-2006, 01:56
Not only did I lost the match but also I have 3 players kicked off with injuries [cry], all 3 for 3 weeks each, and one of them is the new keeper trainee (17 years old), the second is a million-worth winger I recently bought to help me wage through the league and third is a useless idiot I was planning to sell this weekend for 100K. [cry] [cry] [cry]

Now that is not a good way to start the cup. [cry]

Shabbaman
22-02-2006, 06:48
One of my trainees was kicked off as well. The same guy as last week. Coincedence? I think the match engine simply hates belgians.

socralynnek
22-02-2006, 09:58
I almost feel ashamed to have won vs akots.
My players are not that bad...I never have kicked off even two players before as far as I can remember...

Somehow before the match I thought iw ould be a bad start as well.
The injury update on monday evening didn't have an effect on my three injured players, two of which should have been bruised but playing before the match.
This would have been my first keeper who will now surely lose form and one of my best midfielders...

Kemal
22-02-2006, 11:45
I won a very tense match vs Pugwash FC with 4-5, scoring 3 mins from time...

And despite playing 3-5-2 instead of 3-4-3, I only got one confusion event, and that only to inadequate. Lucky Snaken I guess. :)

barbu1977
23-02-2006, 04:03
Thanks to Katanga Resistance for not having humiliated me in front of my fans. The 5-3-2 formation helped a bit. 1-2 lost, I'll take it.

Mistfit
23-02-2006, 04:45
I won my match 3-0 suprisingly. My Cup run this year is going to be much less.... erm... good.

One guy injured - IM trainee one week - I hope he goes to bruised but training at the next update with my 10 doctors always on hand.

socralynnek
01-03-2006, 17:57
25 minutes played and I am leading 0-3 vs mighty Shabba FC at his ground.
Even 2 missed chances. And that without playing any play from my A-team...
Wow!

Shabbaman
01-03-2006, 19:08
It's not as if I'm listing my A team you know ;)

arne1
01-03-2006, 19:40
I beat Lampegat Energy who is next? And where?

Kemal
01-03-2006, 23:33
I've added week 3 fixtures, I'll try to update the tables and scores tomorrow as well.

socralynnek
02-03-2006, 10:00
Thanks, Kemal...

What players did you field Shabba, your D team? ;)
Ahh, I see you want to break my record, losing most places as possible from one edition of the cup to the next... ;)

Shabbaman
02-03-2006, 10:04
My d squad, exactly [:p] Recently I sold all but 1 of my backup midfielders and two trainee (well, trained) forwards. This leaves me with a pretty lousy b squad. Training forwards doesn't do much good for your friendlies anyway.

Dell19
02-03-2006, 11:53
I currently have four midfielders at the club so my friendly midfield lineup consists of one midfielder and two extra strikers who have passable playmaking.

Melifluous
09-03-2006, 09:44
WoW...

Swingstars drew 1-1 with FC Suca

and

Deep Space Elm stuffed the Blue Boys 6-1 [:o]

What's going on?

Only 3 teams have perfect win records now.

Meli's, Mistfit's and FC Cruise. [goodjob]

[meli]

ciuly
09-03-2006, 10:23
Well, random has to strike from time to time :)

SwingStars / FC Suca 1-1

Midfield: weak (high) / passable (low)
Right Defence: poor (low) / inadequate(low):Left Attack
Central Defence: inadequate (low) / weak(very high) :Central Attack
Left Defence: weak (very high) / solid (low) :Right Attack
Right Attack: wretched (low) / inadequate (low):Left Defence
Central Attack: weak (very low) / inadequate (very high):Central Defence:
Left Attack: poor (high) / inadequate (very low):Right Defence

socralynnek
09-03-2006, 11:14
Hey, I got a perfect win record too (although I think winning 1-6 vs BlueBoys was really undeserved at least winning that high)

Mr Kemal did something wrong when counting 3+3+3...;)

Mistfit
09-03-2006, 22:42
Watch out for the scarey clowns... they are on the rampage!

They will show up at you club in their tiny clown cars and trash the place [mistfit]

Swingue
10-03-2006, 10:09
quote:Originally posted by ciuly

Well, random has to strike from time to time :)

SwingStars / FC Suca 1-1

Midfield: weak (high) / passable (low)
Right Defence: poor (low) / inadequate(low):Left Attack
Central Defence: inadequate (low) / weak(very high) :Central Attack
Left Defence: weak (very high) / solid (low) :Right Attack
Right Attack: wretched (low) / inadequate (low):Left Defence
Central Attack: weak (very low) / inadequate (very high):Central Defence:
Left Attack: poor (high) / inadequate (very low):Right Defence

I feel a bit embarrassed when I see this [blush]

Melifluous
10-03-2006, 12:10

Mr Kemal did something wrong when counting 3+3+3...;)

Hey man! Dont blame Kemal, that was solely my fault :)

I did the last table updating in my usual poor and slap dash manner.

Apologies

[meli]

Melifluous
10-03-2006, 19:28
Well I'm gonnna claim a walk-over on FC Onbekend, just checked and they have declined my offer of a friendly and organised a friendly with someone else...

Anyone have a spare friendly match?

[meli]

English_brit
12-03-2006, 18:26
It was a deserved win Socralynekk, although yep I think you're right, I was suprised by how much. lol

I'm not so sure I'll do any better in the rematch at your place. :(

socralynnek
14-03-2006, 21:00
And again I was weaker(even worse than last week, where I was only slightly weaker), but have beaten English_brit 4-1...
I am really lucky. Played 4-5-1 to play it again on saturday and thought I'd lose...

English_brit
15-03-2006, 09:08
I thought you would beat me before the game as I expected you to field the same formation.

All I can say is, if I had seen the final ratings before the game I would have expected it to be close but my team to probably win. 4-1 seems a bit harsh on me. lol

That's twice you've got me big style now. Sigh ........

arne1
15-03-2006, 21:17
Hurray, I secured second place and in theory I can still become poulewinner. Alarge miracle is needed for that though.

Kemal
15-03-2006, 21:54
Aristocats made mincemeat of De Snaken, taking a huge step towards the finals: 1-3.

Mistfit
16-03-2006, 02:50
One less unbeaten team to contend with in the Cup. The Marauders went down in flames today....

And you guys always claim that Midfield is everything in this game...
1st half possession = 82%
2nd half poddession = 87%

and I still lost... Ah well... no injuries anyway.

Damn CounterAttack [:P]

yndy
16-03-2006, 21:48
fc onbekend already arranged a friendly. I guess he wanted to give me some points in the Cup.

Kingreno
17-03-2006, 09:27
quote:Originally posted by yndy

fc onbekend already arranged a friendly. I guess he wanted to give me some points in the Cup.

That's two times in a row.[aargh]

Ban him.

Melifluous
17-03-2006, 11:17
The answer he gave me last week is that his brother has access to his account and keeps agreeing to friendlies without his permission.

Might not be his fault, I'm sure Yndy wont be too upset at a 5-0 win ;)

[meli]

English_brit
17-03-2006, 20:23
Looks like I won't make the final stages this year. [cry]

Kingreno
17-03-2006, 21:05

The answer he gave me last week is that his brother has access to his account and keeps agreeing to friendlies without his permission.

Ahhhh, and I thought the Dog ate it.[crazyeye]

Thrawn
17-03-2006, 21:19
I think I forgot to send in my b team last week. &gt;_&gt;

Darth Pugwash
17-03-2006, 23:09
You did indeed, and ended up hammering my poor schmoes 11-1!

Kemal
22-03-2006, 22:08
Bleh, Hattrick fails on me as I'm trying to update the tables, so only group 1 could be updated so far...

FC Cruise is already certain of at least finishing as the best no2, and thus is already autoqualified for the finals! [goodjob]

edit: for those wondering about whether there there isn't any possible competition for Cruise for best 2nd from the PP SV/Meli group (and I know you all do, of course ;)): I checked the match results yesterday and remember that Meli won (thus meaning PP SV can't reach 15 points anymore), but now fail to recall the exact scoreline..

Kemal
25-03-2006, 14:31
Despite the big CDZ downtime the past few days, an impressive amount of friendlies seems to have been arranged already, a very good sign to see such commitment to the Cup! [goodjob]

With only one more league match to be played, things are really heating up, we already know Meli's Manglers, Deep Space Elm and FC Suca have joined FC Cruise in grabbing a spot for the finals, but the remaining 4 tickets for the 3 other group winners plus the best no2 still see heavy contention.

de burchtheren will aim to secure best 2nd place against FC Cruise at home, but both FC De Snaken and The Dented Slides are hoping arne slips up and stand ready to claim the final ticket for themselves. Meanwhile, Mistfit's Marauders and Acorazodo Fuerte and Aristocats look almost certain to top their groups, but still need a point to be totally sure..

Draw for the KO stages starting next week will be held wednesday evening, and finalized thursday morning. If CDZ fails again, the draw can also be seen at the CPF, or (as non-supporter) you can ht-mail me or any CPF member to get the exact fixture lists.

Good luck to all teams in this crucial final stage of the league matches!

arne1
25-03-2006, 15:25
Chances are that snaken will make the final round. I do not see myself beating FC Cruise, although I will try.

tofra
26-03-2006, 00:52
I already arranged another friendly, but I was supposed to play against Holley eleven. But this forum was down, and I didn't know when it would come up again, i've booked another friendly. Because i'm leaving on a holiday today, and i'm not able to be behind a computer untill I get back on friday.

Sorry for that!
Tom

Dell19
26-03-2006, 12:23
It was the reverse of the fixtures in the first week.

ProPain
27-03-2006, 14:55
Am I correct in assuming FC onbekend isnt participating?

If so, I'm gonna organise another friendly.

Melifluous
29-03-2006, 13:34
Well.

Just beat Yndy 0-10.

An out of form forward, who shouldn't even have been in the team if I woulda checked scored an impressive 7 of my goals [goodjob]

Sorry Yndy, will try and remember to play my B-Team in future.

[meli]

Kemal
29-03-2006, 14:26
Whether you play your B-team or not don't matter much, and I think yndy's used to such friendlies by now... [mischief]

Kemal
29-03-2006, 17:44
Hmm, Snaken are trailing 0-1 to Pugwash atm, while Aco leads the Dented slides 1-0 too... things are looking good for burchtheren then, even though there is no report from their game yet.

Btw, KR leading Black Marlins 6-0 after 15 mins?? Looks like another monster score coming up...

arne1
29-03-2006, 18:21
somehow the situation changed a bit the past 30 minutes. FC cruise control.

Kingreno
29-03-2006, 18:28
Pffff, have to get my men off that coke during friendlies. 6-0 after 15 mins and a red card for my forward!

Kemal
01-04-2006, 15:31
Hmm, Schip still hasn't accepted the challenge I made, anyone know whether he's out of town perhaps atm, or otherwise has problems connecting to HT?

Energy
01-04-2006, 16:17
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

Pffff, have to get my men off that coke during friendlies. 6-0 after 15 mins and a red card for my forward!

And you were complaining salaries are to high??

akots
02-04-2006, 10:28
I cannot challenge Yorkie, may be he turned the feature off. And he did not challenge me either. Will wait for some time, probably until Monday morning, and then schedule another friendly.

Edited: OK, never mind, guess a reminder by HT mail worked well enough. :)

Mistfit
04-04-2006, 17:50
Marauder Staduim will be hopping in about 32 hours with 3 CDZ matches being played there :)

Just hake sure you clean up the beer bottles when you leave [mistfit]

akots
04-04-2006, 18:54
[lol] Too bad, you don't get any rental fees.

Mistfit
04-04-2006, 19:08
To bad you don't either... I'm playing in your stadium again

arne1
04-04-2006, 19:39
my supporteres will be very unhappy so they won't clean anything.

Kemal
04-04-2006, 23:19
In the meantime, Mel's quest for the cup has ended at the hands of a very strong looking FC Cruise side: 4-0

Cruise's ratings:

FC Cruise
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: solid (high)
Right Defence: solid (high)
Central Defence: solid (low)
Left Defence: solid (very low)
Right Attack: solid (high)
Central Attack: inadequate (very high)
Left Attack: solid (low)

Glad I didn't draw Cruise, I think I'd have to severely rethink my strategies if I'd ever have hopes of beating a team like that [eek], most impressive!

Mistfit
04-04-2006, 23:45
Holy Cats!

Those are some impressive stats

Melifluous
05-04-2006, 00:19
I had a mail from Cruise

He apologised for playing his A-team...

I was playing A-Team too...

So I lost fair and square, forza FC Cruise!

[meli]

Melifluous
05-04-2006, 00:21
My stats...

quote:
Meli's Manglers
Team Attitude: Normal

Midfield: inadequate (very high)
Right Defence: inadequate (high)
Central Defence: inadequate (very high)
Left Defence: weak (very high)
Right Attack: poor (low)
Central Attack: inadequate (high)
Left Attack: poor (low)

[meli]

Kingreno
05-04-2006, 18:17
:D

quote:Aristocats - FC Suca 2 - 1

View game: HT Live
Date: 05-04-2006 at 16:30
MatchID: 69867432
Arena: Elbohallens Park
Crowd: 2839

2839 spectators had come to Elbohallens Park this cloudy day. The match took place on neutral ground. Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pinto - Middelmann, Vink, Petkovšek, Lindgrén, Jacot - Dalhuizen, Kurnicki, Salcedo - Zengers, Runyan.

Suca had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Artenie - Patrickson, Selin, Regev - Lauzara, Mellstad, Harris, Negreanu, Kozmer - Konrad, Pfniss.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Aristocats. In the 7th minute, the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending. Ulf Mellstad put the ball away for 0 - 1. A great pass from the defensive line of Aristocats resulted in a counterattack that was smoothly dealt with by Leonhard Runyan in the enemy's central penalty box, but his finish went high. 21 minutes into the game, Markus Lindgrén finished off a left wing counter attack, scoring 1 - 1 for Aristocats. Suca's Eran Regev refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 36th minute. Suca had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 41st minute when Emil Pfniss came up alone against Armando Pinto who managed a block. 1 - 1 was the halftime score. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Suca, with an impressive 76 percent possession of the ball.

A crazy pass by Markus Lindgrén towards his own keeper almost caused a goal for Suca, but Detlef Kozmer didn't get the finish right. Suca had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team's goaltender Armando Pinto saved Eran Regev's shot that was headed for the top corner. Ofelio Patrickson was suffering from cramps and had difficulty keeping up as the opposition pushed forward. Wesley Zengers had no problems getting through and hit home the 2 - 1 goal. Suca held the ball, with a clear 75 percent of possession.

Most important Aristocats player was Timmy Vink. Markus Lindgrén was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Suca player was without a doubt Alin Artenie. Ofelio Patrickson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

Off to the Semi's! woohoo

Kemal
05-04-2006, 18:17
Congrats, well done!

Kemal
05-04-2006, 18:54
Snaken will join Aristocats in the semifinal draw as they achieve a hard-fought victory over Acorazado Fuerte, beating them 3-2 AET.

quote:
1742 spectators had come to PP SV Arena this cloudy day. Although the formal home team was Snaken, the spectators were of course much preferring Acorazado. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Bloemers - Suárez, Balyon, Lucado - Sedwald, Heintalu, Wiemers, Broertjes, Abad García - Billand, Hoebeke.

Acorazado started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Adolfsson - van Haaften, van der Klauw, Panduro - De Loera, Håkansson, Brückl, Puerta - Grassere, Mežaks, Al-Ashraf.

Snaken seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. In the 21st minute cheers broke out as Peter Billand found his way through the guests' central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Snaken. With 29 minutes played, Toni Broertjes could have brought this one home for Snaken as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. Snaken had to make a substitution in the 34th minute. Florian Lucado limped off the field and was replaced by Baldemar Hintermayr. 35 minutes into the game Acorazado's Gerjan Grassere found a gap in the home side's central defense and scored with a fabulous shot, making it 1 - 1. Mauro Abad García of Snaken received a yellow card in the 42nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After a fine move down the middle Lammert Wiemers nearly gave the home side one up in the 44th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. 1 - 1 was the halftime score. Snaken, bringing their ball possession to 60 percent, dominated the battle.

Many thought Baldemar Hintermayr ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 70th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors' keeper Stefan Adolfsson. Snaken took the lead in the 75th minute of the game by 2 to 1, as Peter Billand elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Acorazado levelled the score in the 75th minute at 2 - 2, as Love Håkansson struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. Snaken, bringing their ball possession to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

As neither team had managed to win, extra time was called. The referee showed Snaken's Lammert Wiemers the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 94th minute cheers broke out as Roeland Hoebeke found his way through the guests' central defense line, clipping the 3 - 2 goal in for Snaken. This put an end to extra time, making Snaken the winners. Snaken's best player was Reikko Heintalu. Stefan Sedwald was a disappointment, however. Most important Acorazado player was Markus Brückl. Abaza Al-Ashraf was a disappointment, however. The match ends 3 - 2.

Mistfit
06-04-2006, 01:45
Oh great so who ever wins between yennk or I get to play Cruise?

sheesh

arne1
06-04-2006, 02:18
It is a honour! ;-&gt;

bed_head7
06-04-2006, 04:39
quote:
The Dented Slides - The Blue Boys FC 2 - 1

Date: 4/6/2006 at 01.00
MatchID: 69936894
Arena: Mistfit's_Marauders Arena
Crowd: 2703

2703 spectators had come to Mistfit's_Marauders Arena this cloudy day. The match took place on neutral ground. Dented tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Montalvo - Berizzo, Rodighiero, Solano - Shkelev, Cabarrús, Pawlata, Novotny, Kien - Crãciun, Sapp.

TBBFC had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Sauter - Leth, Hickey, Pearson - Correia, Johnson, Wennstedt, Lonie, Spits - Smiglewski, Metman.

It was a fine day for Vladimir Shkelev on his wing, his cross pass to David Sapp was especially delicate in 10th minute of play, but the keeper saved. After 14 minutes of play, the free-spirited Vladimir Shkelev decided to aim straight for the goal as he struck from the corner of the pitch. The ball deflected off a defender and went out of bounds. After a fine move down the middle Eugen Crãciun nearly gave the home side one up in the 17th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. After 21 minutes of play, David Sapp gave the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right. The teams went for the halftime break at 1 - 0. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Dented, with an impressive 57 percent possession of the ball.

After 53 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Filomeno Berizzo might have resulted in another goal for Dented. However, Thijs Sauter made a spectacular save. Dented's David Sapp had an excellent opportunity in the 62nd minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! With 69 minutes played, the visitors almost levelled the score. Lee Hickey shot a hard curved free kick, striking the post. The crowd was silenced in the 71st minute as the visiting team's Roman Smiglewski came in from the left, levelling the score to 1 - 1. A questionable penalty in the 73rd minute gave the home side the lead, 2 - 1. The visitors' goaltender didn't stand a chance as David Sapp knocked the ball home. After 78 minutes Dented's Filomeno Berizzo contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. TBBFC held the ball, with a clear 52 percent of possession.

Dented's best player was Eugen Crãciun. Juan Carlos Solano was a disappointment, however. Most important TBBFC player was Rafael Correia. Johannes Wennstedt on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

The Dented Slides

Midfield: poor (high)
Right Defence: weak (high)
Central Defence: weak (high)
Left Defence: weak (very low)
Right Attack: passable (very low)
Central Attack: poor (high)
Left Attack: wretched (low)
HatStats 114
LoddarStats 5.48
PStats 12.23

The Blue Boys FC

Midfield: poor (very low)
Right Defence: passable (very high)
Central Defence: inadequate (high)
Left Defence: inadequate (very low)
Right Attack: formidable (high)
Central Attack: passable (very high)
Left Attack: formidable (very low)
HatStats 179
LoddarStats 7.71
PStats 18.12

Gee, glad I got this kind of luck in a friendly, and not, oh say, a league game.

Kemal
06-04-2006, 09:16
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Oh great so who ever wins between yennk or I get to play Cruise?

sheesh

Sorry, no I meant that I'm going to do a draw this morning and that both Kingreno and me will be in the pot for the semifinal draw. Who will play who will be decided shortly.

Nice vic btw on DSE, almost an exact copy of the Snaken-Aco game, 3-2 in the 93th minute. :)

Kemal
06-04-2006, 09:31
So as it turns out, Mistfit will indeed play Cruise in the semis, and Snaken face Aristocats for the third time this season.

Complete draw and fixture list for week 8 can be found in the fixtures thread.

Melifluous
06-04-2006, 10:41
Oh Joy.

I still get to play against the Mighty FC Suca in the 5th to 8th Pool.

Always nice to play an ex-champion [:p]

[meli]

Mistfit
06-04-2006, 13:42
It is an honor to play FC Cruise... I'm just wondering if he's got a C or D squad I can play against

I'll certainly get at least an honorable mention for most improved (or luckiest) club of the year

Kemal
06-04-2006, 14:22
It's medals that count mistfit, so you just make sure you at least grab a bronze medal for third place this season, if you want your team's excellent performance this season to stand the test of time, and be placed in our CDZ Cup Hall of Fame. :D

Kingreno
06-04-2006, 14:24
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

I'll certainly get at least an honorable mention for most improved (or luckiest) club of the year

I was 28th last season! at least 4th now![cool]

Mistfit
11-04-2006, 22:07
Any possible way a match can be called for weather at the 1/2? I actually have the lead over Cruise :D

Edit: no rain out but we are tied at 75 min [charge]

Edit #2: ah well... the expected result. Cruise wins 2-4. But the important thing is no
injuries to muss me up for my qualification match. Good Game Cruise!

Kemal
11-04-2006, 22:56
a 2-4 loss against Cruise is one of the best results achieved against him in Cup history I think, so no need to be ashamed...

Mistfit
11-04-2006, 23:47
heh... I put all of my players on defensive and use pressing [:p]

BCLG100
12-04-2006, 01:21
Who's team is Cruise out of interest? his stats seems good how long has he been playing???

Cruise
12-04-2006, 06:55
Would be mine ;)

Nice game, i had to save some players for my quali match sunday. That game should be my best game ever!
About my team, i started in november 2003.

BCLG100
12-04-2006, 15:15
What division are you in cos you seem to be better than everyone else on here.

Darth Pugwash
12-04-2006, 18:25
Check for yourself: FC Cruise (363029) :)

Kemal
12-04-2006, 18:56
Zut, lost 2-3 AET vs Aristocats, congrats to KR and good luck in the final!

Sorry about the +3 on your trainee though :(, thanks for retaliating for only a minor +1 on my trainee instead...

Tubby Rower
12-04-2006, 19:02
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
Sorry about the +3 on your trainee though :(, thanks for retaliating for only a minor +1 on my trainee instead...
what does this mean? injuries? red/yellow cards?

socralynnek
12-04-2006, 19:02
Aristocats vs Cruise...
Nice final!
Just choose a nice stadium where I can watch the game live...

Darth Pugwash
12-04-2006, 19:05
@Tubby: Means injuries, you get a little red cross + next to your player when he is injured

Kemal
12-04-2006, 19:07
@tubby: +x stands for an injury with an estimated duration of x weeks. During those x weeks, the trainee won't receive training.

edit: x-posted with Pugwash, nice to see so much activity in the HT forum lately. :)

Btw, anyone know any details about the swingstar/crvena zvezda match? It was never arranged and I'm not sure who to grant the WO win... which I will need to do to get next week's final fixtures up correctly.

barbu1977
12-04-2006, 19:20
So close. I was leading 2-1 against PP when he scored 2 quick goals in the 79 and 80th minute.

No injuries is always good thought.

socralynnek
12-04-2006, 19:22
I'd say: blame both:

That means: Codrutul and Energy meet again to play for place 17
and the other two play again (if they arrange it this time) for place 19.

Tubby Rower
12-04-2006, 19:38
Can new players be added for the 9th edition? I'll lose, but it would be nice to get slapped around by people that I know.

Kemal
12-04-2006, 19:44
Of course they can! :)

We warmly welcome any new team to the cup, and don't have any fears of coming last, we've got yndy's Chimica Tarnaveni for that spot.

@ynnek: I'll wait until tomorrow to see if any explanation comes forward, else your idea sounds good, if Codrutul and EE wouldn't mind playing against each other again..

Kingreno
12-04-2006, 19:45
My newly bought striker did perform rather well. 2-3 was, looking at the ratings a good score. I am looking forward to the final next week. Any preferred stadium Cruise? I prefer a Dutch stadium, for live watching purpose.:D

Mistfit
12-04-2006, 19:57
So Kemal and I for 3rd or 4th?

I will bet on Kemal [:p]

You want to set the time and place? I'll just accept it as soon as I see it.

Thrawn
14-04-2006, 08:03
fc onbekend already has a friendly scheduled for this week. &gt;_&lt;

I've gone ahead and accepted one of the other challenges I had.

Darth Pugwash
15-04-2006, 21:03
Yep, apparently onbekend dropped out of the cup...?

Kingreno
17-04-2006, 09:01
Uh. I challenged Cruise last Thursday. He failed to accept up till now...sending a PM today.

EDIT: woohoo, he accepted. apparently earlier but it did not show up in the "the club" section for some reason

Mistfit
18-04-2006, 23:33
Good Match kemal!

It went down to the wire and penalty kicks but your guys prevailed! I may have had a better chance had my best SP guy not gotten tossed from the match.

I hope the guy I injured is not hurt badly... I told you my guys were Murderous [:p]

Kemal
18-04-2006, 23:47
Thanks, a lucky win in the end as I think neither of us set the penalty takers, so goalkeeping skill made the difference in this one.

As for the injury, +2, and he is one that needed training this week as I'm doing a 1 week scoring training to pop a player to WC... hopefully he'll be +1 friday.

Mistfit
18-04-2006, 23:53
[blush] I never remember to set those guys

socralynnek
19-04-2006, 10:34
After I read this I wanted to set the penalty guys but the match has gone....

AAAARGGGHHHHHH!

(Hopefully they will fix it soon, but if the system message also applies to this week's friendlies, then we're screwed
If it doesn't take place you can't blame Meli nor me, we have arranged it, so toss a coin then...

MATCHID 70327836

Iggy
19-04-2006, 10:55
Same problem here with my and Yndy's match:

Upcoming Matches
19/04/2006 (Friendly):
Chimica Târn#259;veni - Yorkie Geezers
No such match found: MatchID = 70344987

Looks like a coin toss job to me.

Shabbaman
19-04-2006, 10:56
Weird stuff...

socralynnek
19-04-2006, 11:02
At least our final seems to be still available. WOuld be very weird to have the winner of the cup by coin toss. For place 7 it's not that important.

Iggy, you should post it to your GMs, as one of our GMs has told me. Maybe they can still do something...

Kemal
19-04-2006, 11:26
On my hattrick the problem is acknowledged, the matches have been deleted, and they advise teams to arrange a new friendly asap. If possible, it would be great to reschedule the CDZ matches for those teams that have lost their match, but feel free to reschedule another friendly if you'd like, your own team's training should always be the most important thing.

Iggy
19-04-2006, 11:30
I have sent a message to the GMs about the match, but I am not holding my breath.

socralynnek
19-04-2006, 11:30
It's only possible for teams where the national friendlies weren't already played, so not for me, but for Dutch teams for example.

Iggy
19-04-2006, 11:31

If possible, it would be great to reschedule the CDZ matches for those teams that have lost their match, but feel free to reschedule another friendly if you'd like, your own team's training should always be the most important thing.

I cannot reschedule mine, as I am still "travelling to Romania". :(

Kemal
19-04-2006, 11:40
Seems you're right Iggy, and as far as I know all CDZ Cup friendlies except a few (including the final) have been international friendlies... so if your team's match got deleted by the HTs it indeed means no game this week. :(

Melifluous
19-04-2006, 11:42

After I read this I wanted to set the penalty guys but the match has gone....

AAAARGGGHHHHHH!

(Hopefully they will fix it soon, but if the system message also applies to this week's friendlies, then we're screwed
If it doesn't take place you can't blame Meli nor me, we have arranged it, so toss a coin then...

MATCHID 70327836

Hmm well my challenges section says this
Challenges: 1
Deep Space Elm
Matches
Players

Kick-off: 20/04/2006 at 01.00
Venue: Mistfit's_Marauders Arena, Cup Rules. Booked!The challenge cannot be accepted right now! International friendlies can only be arranged from Thursday to Tuesday.

Just have to see if it gets played, I also cant rearrange cos I'm abroad [:p]

Cant set a team or watch it though...

[meli]

Dell19
19-04-2006, 12:25
Pissed off if I'm going to lose training because they fucked up the database.

Shabbaman
19-04-2006, 12:29
quote:This match is not available to place order for!

Wankers. I did place my orders. I wonder how this ends up... and very nice that this happens right after they announce a price increase.

quote:19-04-2006 om 09:59 (Global)
During the clean up of friendlies, a couple of friendlies that shouldn't have gotten deleted was deleted. Affected teams will need to reschedule a new friendly, if possible.

Dell19
19-04-2006, 12:42
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

quote:This match is not available to place order for!

Wankers. I did place my orders. I wonder how this ends up... and very nice that this happens right after they announce a price increase.

quote:19-04-2006 om 09:59 (Global)
During the clean up of friendlies, a couple of friendlies that shouldn't have gotten deleted was deleted. Affected teams will need to reschedule a new friendly, if possible.

Yeah exactly. I wouldn't mind paying more but whats the point if random database errors are going to ruin training. I love how it says a couple of friendlies when it seems like hundreds have been affected. It doesn't help that I know someone who got banned for effectively nothing and so I am starting to consider not renewing supporter.

Shabbaman
19-04-2006, 12:52
Like I said, wankers. Time for certain stupid bollocks GM's to get fists in arses.

BTW, if you're afraid of losing training you can switch to set pieces (or stamina?), which trains all players, even those who didn't play. Not playing does work wonders for form though.

Wankers. How difficult can it be?

ProPain
19-04-2006, 13:31
FUCKING INCOMPETENT LOW LIVES!!

So any dutch team available for a friendly to preserve training?

Shabbaman
19-04-2006, 13:32
That'd be me. Oh wait, you can't book friendlies while abroad. Wankers. Now, I wonder if I get that 6k for the plane tickets back.

Wankers.

Dell19
19-04-2006, 13:44
I will probably train set pieces for a slight benefit however I was going to train shooting and train 10 strikers and its not as if I can do that next week since I would get knocked out of the cup.

ProPain
19-04-2006, 13:53
It turns out I;m abroad as well, not toomention I seem to have accepted a challenge for next week according to hattrick

IDIOTS

Dell19
19-04-2006, 13:57
Yep once the challenge has passed, it seems to get rebooked for the following week. Theoretically they could use the challenges to recreate the matches and runthem before the training update but they probably won't.

Kemal
19-04-2006, 14:03
Hmm, next week the national cup starts though... so what would that mean if you'd have friendlies booked at that date? Will they delete another batch and mess up again?

Kingreno
19-04-2006, 14:10

At least our final seems to be still available. WOuld be very weird to have the winner of the cup by coin toss. For place 7 it's not that important.

Coin toss! yes excellent idea. great. yes, I'm sure cruise won't mind. [blush]

Sucks though.

Dell19
19-04-2006, 15:21

Hmm, next week the national cup starts though... so what would that mean if you'd have friendlies booked at that date? Will they delete another batch and mess up again?

I'm going to go with the second option.

Shabbaman
19-04-2006, 15:28
I recommend everyone to send a message to a GM. The response I got was "you could arrange a friendly in the netherlands", to which I replied I couldn't, because I'm "abroad".

But at least they can't claim they knew nothing about it.

Kingreno
19-04-2006, 17:34
Wow, 5 Bug updates on one day...very annoying this all. So any people lucky enough to get a new friendly set up?

Kemal
19-04-2006, 18:06
All these bugs aside, there's also some decent football going on tonight, our grand final is 19 mins old, current score Aristocats vs Cruise: 1-1

Kingreno
19-04-2006, 19:16
Congrats Cruise![beer1]

Here's the report:

quote:2138 spectators arrived at Tschäggättä Dome, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Although the formal home team was Aristocats, the spectators were of course much preferring Cruise. Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pinto - Petkovšek, Vink, Metternich, Persson, Angelle - Dalhuizen, Kurnicki, Salcedo - Runyan, Persson.

Cruise had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Urosevic - Persson, Pietrasik, Ramírez - Brissaud, Carlerberg, Thomasson, América, van der Hilst - Sabina, Torsson.

Aristocats were relying on their ability to counter-attack. A swift counterattack by Aristocats resulted in a free kick that Mirek Kurnicki elegantly twisted into the goal - 1 - 0! A great pass from the defensive line of Aristocats resulted in a counterattack that was smoothly dealt with by Leonhard Runyan in the enemy's central penalty box, but his finish went high. In the game's 30th minute the visitors levelled to 1 - 1 as Stefan Torsson struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right. In the 30th minute, Aristocats's Leonhard Runyan received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Cruise's Mateo Sabina could have put the guests one up in the 33rd minute chasing a through ball, but Armando Pinto was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. Mihajlo Urosevic delivered a good free kick from an excellent position in the 35th minute, but luck wasn't on Cruise's side this time, the ball went wide. Halftime score was 1 - 1. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Cruise, with an impressive 65 percent possession of the ball.

Cruise took the lead after 71 minutes with 1 - 2. Sven Thomasson placed the ball out of reach for the home side's keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. The referee showed Cruise's Wessel van der Hilst the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Cruise, bringing their ball possession to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

Aristocats's best player was Timmy Vink. Armando Pinto on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Cruise player was Andrzej Pietrasik. However, Mateo Sabina made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 2.

The stats:

quote:RATING

Aristocats
Tactic: Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: magnificent

Midfield: wretched (very high)
Right Defence: formidable (low)
Central Defence: magnificent (very high)
Left Defence: formidable (high)
Right Attack: inadequate (low)
Central Attack: inadequate (very low)
Left Attack: wretched (high)

FC Cruise

Midfield: weak (high)
Right Defence: solid (very high)
Central Defence: solid (low)
Left Defence: solid (high)
Right Attack: passable (very high)
Central Attack: weak (very high)
Left Attack: weak (low)

Supporter Statistics
Match report

I feel I was the least lucky of the two sides. My Inadequate attacks vs his Solid defence and Cruises Passable wing/weak middle/weak other wing attack vs my formi/magni/formi defence. My Magni CA rating makes up the difference between Midfields...Oh well, probably the last chance ever of getting the title. [cry]

Shabbaman
19-04-2006, 19:17
Pah, stupid fucks. I can get my air fee back, but I think they're getting away too easy with this. Wankers.

Dell19
19-04-2006, 20:05
You can get the money back?

I haven't gotten a reply.

Shabbaman
19-04-2006, 21:35
Obviously I can't talk about that ;)

BCLG100
19-04-2006, 23:13
Can new players still be allowed into the 9th cup thingy?

Kemal
19-04-2006, 23:18
The HTs reported in on the forum and said any team could contact their local GM for compensation and claim that it will be the same for all teams, but they refuse to tell what exactly it is.

Hopefully you guys will be justly compensated.

As for the CDZ Cup (which is what this thread should be about ;)), some games indeed weren't played without anyone to blame, I'll award both these teams the win and make them finish ex aequo in the final rankings.

Final tables for edition 8 will be updated tomorrow. Congrats to FC Cruise for grabbing gold again [goodjob], even though the effort of KingReno seemed valiant enough to perhaps have gotten something more from the game.

Thanks all for playing, hope to see you around next season for edition 9!

edit: new teams are most welcome to join as well, of course!

Dell19
19-04-2006, 23:26
There is a thread on the England conference for affected people to post their details. Apparently we will get the travel expenses back.

arne1
19-04-2006, 23:37
A great 16th place for the burchtheren again, after loosing to katanga resistance again.

socralynnek
20-04-2006, 08:46
Congratulations, Cruise! Nice final match!

I haven't got any reply from a GM, but I will claim the travel costs...

Melifluous
20-04-2006, 11:02
Bah I aint so bothered about a lousy £6,000 tis but a game I can afford a little loss ;)

Nice to think that my team got a little vacation at Mistfits place, I hope they didn't damage the place too badly [:p]

[meli]

Iggy
20-04-2006, 18:28
I got this (note the currency is £ not €):

Due to your friendly being deleted, you will be credited with compensation.
This will be given as follows:
£4000 for travelling fees
£6667 for missed attendance
£20000 for missed training

We apologise and hope this goes some way to make up for the loss of a friendly this week.
I strongly recommend switching training to either stamina or set pieces for this week - this means you get the small amount of compensation for the loss of training, plus the chance to still train everybody.

Mistfit
20-04-2006, 19:18
wow now I wish I had missed my match with Kemal... I'd have made more money and the result of the match would have been the same... and I was already training stamina.

Kemal
20-04-2006, 19:30
At least I wasn't training stamina, so the match wasn't played for nothing... plus, the bronze medal in the CDZ Cup was at stake. ;)

Mistfit
20-04-2006, 19:37
it was at stake but... the outcome was really a forgone conclusion no matter what the end score was

socralynnek
21-04-2006, 10:04
I also got 46000 Eurpos a s compensation but Iwould have rather played despite training stamina.
The form loss for my first team becuase of not playing any match this week can get decisive in my first league matches.