PDA

View Full Version : Season 28 Match 1

Melifluous
08-01-2006, 20:25
First day of a new season.

I played the 5th place dude from last season away from home.

I managed Solid (Very Low) Midfield with MOTS [fdevil]

His outstanding CA led to almost the most boring match I've ever seen apart from the 0-2 win for me [goodjob]

quote:
The crowd of 26931 turning up at Moss Rose today were greeted with some nasty showers of rain. 'Ard had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Lembo - Selasen, Cooke, Lenoci, Meisolle, Tovim - Haj-Akram, Währn, Cousinard - Bitã, Stachów.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Becerra - Castellanos, Carrol, Hoff - Dzhugashvili, Carroll, de Klaver, Sprengen, Haugstad - Eriksson, Corrales Ortega.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of 'Ard. Tomas H. Eriksson had a good try in the 11th minute, coming in on a fine move from the left, but the ball went wide. Halftime score was 0 - 0. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 64 percent possession of the ball.

The terraces were silenced in the 57th minute as Manglers's Miguel Ángel Corrales Ortega put the guests ahead 0 - 1, following an attack on the right. The referee showed Manglers's Erdem de Klaver the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Several players were looking tired, especially Cesare Lenoci who quite horribly caused the 0 - 2 goal as he lost the ball to a still energetic Tomas H. Eriksson of Manglers. Manglers, bringing the ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating 'Ard player was without a doubt Cesare Lenoci. However, Herald Meisolle made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Erdem de Klaver. Bill Carrol on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 2.

3rd place already! The only way is down!!1!

[meli]

Dell19
08-01-2006, 20:36
Won 7-4 and it should have been 7-0 except he AIMed whilst I was using an offensive CD to make up for PICing the match. Was 2-0, then 2-2, then 4-2, then 4-4 and then 7-4.

Kingreno
08-01-2006, 21:58
I lost 3-2 away at a team I may have beaten...had I fielded my entire A-squad. Going for the Cup on wednesday.

Shabbaman
08-01-2006, 22:00
I say: 4-0 0wnage!

arne1
08-01-2006, 22:26
2-1 at home versus my most serious competitor. Ther is an other one and 5 bots. Zo made an important step towards the title which I expect to claim.

Kemal
08-01-2006, 22:39
Won 4-0, and even better, had a very good crowd-turnout with almost a full stadium. That should help a bit to maintain a positive cash balance.

quote:
32143 spectators arrived at FC De Snaken Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Suárez, Balyon, Rouwenhorst - Halling, Lavie, Hansson, Lucado - Billand, Kronskär, Catanã.

Kansloos had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Kyrö - Newsom, Birgersson, Knutsson - Bendazzoli, Artese, Pålsson, Candelária - Loong Keng, Munck Petersen, Keong Min.

Snaken seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. In the 12th minute, Snaken had a chance to take the lead after being awarded a penalty, but Agapito Suárez's shot was blocked by Paavo Kyrö. The 27th minute saw the home team take a 1 - 0 lead after a breaking through on the left. Scorer for Snaken was Per Kronskär. In a rapid move, Peter Billand of Snaken lost his man, passed the ball to the unmarked Ristea Catanã who easily hit it home for the 2-0 goal. The home side's Agapito Suárez twisted a free kick home in the 36th minute, putting Snaken ahead 3 - 0. The home side's Agapito Suárez twisted a free kick home in the 37th minute, putting Snaken ahead 4 - 0. Halftime score was 4 - 0. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Li Loong Keng had a lethal looking free kick that grazed the post in the 66th minute. Anders Pålsson of Kansloos received a yellow card in the 71st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Peter Billand should probably have put his team up another goal in the 77th minute, but some great goaltending by Paavo Kyrö kept the visitors in the game. With 80 minutes played, Per Kronskär could have brought this one home for Snaken as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. In the 81st minute, Johan Knutsson had a fantastic opportunity to reply but his shot hit the side of the goal. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Peter Billand. Florian Lucado on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Kansloos player was Li Loong Keng. However, Lenny Birgersson made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 0.

ProPain
08-01-2006, 23:31
difficult 4-3 victory, good crowd turnout: almost sold out. I think the stadium will need expanding when I manage to maintain myself in the 6th.

Swingue
09-01-2006, 01:24
won 4-0 against a bot team, forgot to pic, but managed to leave my best keeper off so i can use him wednesday for the cup. Will be a hard fight. 2nd place now, interesting match next weekend.

most likely i'll end up 4th or so this year

akots
09-01-2006, 03:00
Lost 1-5 in a very weird match though I believe the opponent motsed. All simulations which I run in HO told that I should have won at least by 2 goals at 65% probability. Something is broken somewhere, apparently in HO. [cry]

bed_head7
09-01-2006, 04:43
quote:The Dented Slides - Giggs Has Scored! 5 - 3 [HT Live] [Add this match to your bookmarks]

View game: HT Live
Date: 1/9/2006 at 01.00
MatchID: 66525452
Arena: The Dented Slides Arena
Crowd: 12000

12000 spectators had come to The Dented Slides Arena this cloudy day. Dented had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Montalvo - Cirillo, Lubberding, Luo yong - Kien, Cabarrús, Harmeling, Lott, #346;mi#322;ek - Sapp, Zagorny.

Scored! had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Griffin - Nogueira, North, Conn, Bãltatu - Reijerse, Royal, Colmenero, Avendaño - Pereda, Menard.

In the 6th minute cheers broke out as David Sapp found his way through the guests' central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Dented. In the 8th minute, Dented put themselves up 2 - 0 when the visiting defenders lost the ball to Zhao Luo yong, who came up from the left and proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. David Sapp struck a 30 metre free kick home in the 16th minute. 3 - 0 for the home team. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Scored!'s Harold North got himself booked. A magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Dented's Lin Kien putting the lead up to 4 - 0. After 31 minutes, Dented's David Sapp swiftly ran past Hassan Conn to put away the 5-0 goal. This third goal made a hat trick for David Sapp. By now, Dented were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. The teams went for a halftime break at 5 - 0. Dented held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

Dented's Rafal Zagorny left the field after 59 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Vital Sallee. Scored! managed to reduce to 5 - 1 as Kendrick Royal finished off a well-played combination from the left, carving through the defensive box. In the game's 86th minute, Scored! replied and reduced the lead to 5 - 2. Benjamin Menard scored on a marvellous cross pass coming in from the left. A bit later, Scored!'s Alexis Avendaño easily reduced to 5 - 3 after a misunderstanding in the home side's central defense line. In the game's 90th minute Dented's Wizze Harmeling limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Scored!, bringing the ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Dented player was David Sapp. Wizze Harmeling on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Scored! player was without a doubt Feliciano Colmenero. However, Alexis Avendaño made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 5 - 3.

What a match! I wish I had been able to watch this. In every single category except for midfield, I was outclassed, and in midfield I managed a poor (low) compared to his poor (very low). I even forgot to play creatively. Luckily, I still managed two special event goals due in part to playing eight players with specialties. It is really funny to see how stamina played a role, as my whole midfield had weak or lower stamina. By the end of the first half, only 52% possession and then the end of the second half I had 37%.

The only downside is that with a three week injury on 35yo Rafal Zagorny, his career is probably over. I haven't dealt much with injuries, so someone will have to confirm it for me, but I remember reading something about how at a certain point players pretty much stop healing. I had been hoping to get him to formidable experience to make the transition to coach a bit cheaper, but I guess that won't be happening.

barbu1977
09-01-2006, 05:15
quote:Originally posted by akots

Lost 1-5 in a very weird match though I believe the opponent motsed. All simulations which I run in HO told that I should have won at least by 2 goals at 65% probability. Something is broken somewhere, apparently in HO. [cry]

Same here, lost 1-4 and I had 90% chance of winning according to HO. One of their inner midfeild got a 3* rating in the game, but a 1.5* rating in HO. Go figure!

ProPain
09-01-2006, 08:12
I use HRatings for estimating match results, I like it better cause you can tune it for every player individually so your star ratings are far more accurate.

and I never really got the HO simulator to work anyway...... :)

socralynnek
09-01-2006, 13:05
3-3 at home although I had clearly better ratings.
Hard match next week.

Darth Pugwash
09-01-2006, 13:28
Disapointing 5-2 loss...I did expect to lose but not by that much. :(

Mistfit
09-01-2006, 13:57
Lost a match I honestly expected to win 2-0. The guy is a Keeper Trainer and has a 5.5 star Keeper. His defense is pretty good but I won Midfield and ToP pretty convincingly. I just suck at this...