PDA

View Full Version : Civ4 demogame on the way

Socrates
07-01-2006, 19:46
http://www.evo-games.net/Home/viewtopic.php?t=2215

That sounds like a heavy dedication !! [eek] And no more epic feel or something. Don't know what you think, but I'm a bit dubious about it. Oh, only three teams ? Not sure this can be the continuation of what we're doing with the C3C demogame.

RegentMan
19-01-2006, 02:38
Yeah, I saw that. I'm quite skeptical about it too. A team/site based demogame not in PBEM format? Weirdos...

Rik Meleet
19-01-2006, 12:00
Let's follow this to see if it's fun.

DaveShack
20-01-2006, 02:13
This game is hurting for players at the moment. If anyone is interested, feel free to come on over and join "Team Charlie". :)

akots
20-01-2006, 03:56
Link, please?

DaveShack
20-01-2006, 04:40
here's a link
http://evo-games.net/Home/viewforum.php?f=240

akots
20-01-2006, 05:30
Ok, I'll give it a try. We need a thread or forum somewhere to discuss stuff. There should be some forum at evo created once the sign up finished.

grahamiam
30-01-2006, 20:32
Well, it looks like the one Alex and I signed up for is just the team demogame for CIV.

The ISDG CIV game is here -> http://evo-games.net/Home/viewforum.php?f=241

Is anyone at CDZ interesting in forming a team for this?

bed_head7
30-01-2006, 20:37
What exactly is a demogame? I keep seeing mysterious references to a hidden forum here or somewhere devoted to the Civ3 demogame, and now this. But what exactly is involved?

akots
30-01-2006, 20:54
You can read it at the link. It functions like single-player demogame but multiple human teams are playing against each other. This one is rather new because there is supposed to be partially real-time multiplayer so decision making process can be more complicated and depend more on a designated player apparently. Although seems that most of the team Charlie members are in the US creating a chance for all members being online for a play session. The one currently with Civ3 is intersite demogame played as PBEM.

Shabbaman
30-01-2006, 21:02
Bedhead, just sign up for the current civ3 demogame here (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2770&whichpage=1) :)

grs
30-01-2006, 21:17
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Well, it looks like the one Alex and I signed up for is just the team demogame for CIV.

The ISDG CIV game is here -> http://evo-games.net/Home/viewforum.php?f=241

Is anyone at CDZ interesting in forming a team for this?
Yes...in general. Atm it seems very hard for me to even find a second PBEM here, so it seems a bit soon for this.

Socrates
30-01-2006, 23:31
The new link is what I saw last night or earlier today. This isn't the 3-team game, right ? Just the continuation of the Civ3 ISDG ?

Well, I personally have a very low interest for such games now, and I regret talking about it with MM. Meier & Johnson. Especially as the reason for that will entirely be there for Civ4 as well. Yeah right, like if I wanted to lose my time with the GCA team or stuff, lol. Better play more solo games like I'm doing at the moment, instead of diving into this with enthusiasm before quickly realizing that nothing has changed.

So, don't count on me, except if there is a change in what you know, but I doubt it.

RegentMan
31-01-2006, 03:47
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

The new link is what I saw last night or earlier today. This isn't the 3-team game, right ? Just the continuation of the Civ3 ISDG ?

The second link is for the Civ IV ISDG, à la the current Civ III ISDG. The forum is set up for discussion on the game, and I've started a few threads that I think'll stimulate some discussion.

Whomp
05-02-2006, 17:13
Do we have a headcount at CDZ for this game? I would really prefer to play here but if there's no interest I'll join at CFC.

grahamiam
05-02-2006, 17:33
As I see it right now (based on the poll in the MTDG forum), it's as follows for the Civ4 ISDG:

Whomp
TubbyRower
Grahamiam
Shabbaman
grs
barbu
killercane
Swinge

Possibly interested:
Killer (I think, but not sure)
Akots

Maybe we should open up a sign-up thread and see who shows up?

Whomp
05-02-2006, 17:39
Graham do you mean the ISDG or the MTDG?

grahamiam
05-02-2006, 17:43
sorry, I'll edit it [lol]

killercane
05-02-2006, 22:20
Sure, I will play. Though I have to find my civ 4 disc that is collecting dust somewhere.

grahamiam
06-02-2006, 15:24
that's another :)

Ginger_Ale
08-02-2006, 13:13
While you guys wait for the ISDG, the CFC Multi-Team Game also started... here (http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181). There are 5 teams competing within CFC, so it should be a fun time, I guess.

grahamiam
23-02-2006, 16:23
got this from Emporer at EVO:

quote:Hi,

Just thought I'd drop you a quick message to let you know (if you haven't realised already) that the Civilization IV ISDG is in planning. Please let us know if your site is interested in getting a team together and participating - and if so, please spread the word to your fellow members and team mates as quickly as possible!

The official discussion forum can be found here.

Sincerely,
emperor

So far, we have the following:

Whomp
TubbyRower
Grahamiam
Shabbaman
grs
barbu
killercane
Swinge

Is this enough of a commitment to get on with this thing or do we want more people before throwing our hat into the ring? If CDZ does not play, I will not play @ CFC, as I don't have time for the mod's general intolance for spam (which we must do more of this time around :D )

emperor
15-03-2006, 10:05
Well, it looks like I've finally managed to find my own way to CDZ after all - after much confusion regarding following the wrong hyperlinks and things. Bah. (At least, I HOPE I'm now at the right site. :D)

So... I'm just calling around to see if you guys are actually interested in a Civ4 ISDG at all? It would seem from the general inactivity of this thread that no-one here is jumping up and down with anticipation...? [hyper] (Incidentally, just going OT for a moment... I LOVE all the great emoticons you have here!! [cool])

Anyway - whether you choose participating or not, I don't really mind either way... it's just that we sort of need to get a confirmation of the number of participating teams sometime soon, so that we can get to work on sorting out the basics of how this game will run. [estwing] So if you guys could give me a firm "yea" or "nay", that'd be great, thanks. [thumbsup]

- emp

Darkness
15-03-2006, 10:18
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Maybe we should open up a sign-up thread and see who shows up?

Considering this thread is as dead as it gets, this seems like a good idea to me...