PDA

View Full Version : I'm going drinking in Bruges

col
05-01-2006, 23:48
Going over there with a couple of buddies in May to sample the delights of Belgian beer.

More details to follow re dates and hotel.

Be nice if anyone was in the vicinity to sink one or two....

Rik Meleet
06-01-2006, 00:57
Brugge ?
Beam might, he's the closest.

ProPain
06-01-2006, 01:02
Brugge in May is great, Belgian beer also. Lemme know the exact dates and I'll try to be there.

Darkness
06-01-2006, 09:37
Belgian beer [beer1]. Nice. :)

Matrix
06-01-2006, 11:21
Hm, never been in Brugge. Unfortunately it's rather far away from everything. [sad] But if I can get a ride I might be there too. :)

Rik Meleet
06-01-2006, 11:51
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Hm, never been in Brugge. Unfortunately it's rather far away from everything. [sad] But if I can get a ride I might be there too. :)
Groningen is the reason why "everything is so far away".
Col: any info on when ?? That makes planning a whole lot easier.
What exactly did you have in mind ? Your buddies + 1 or 2 CDZ-ers or your buddies + 20 CDZ-ers ?

Beam
06-01-2006, 12:06
Sounds nice! Good chance I can make it if the schedule permits. :)

col
06-01-2006, 14:18
I'm gonna be staying in a hotel in Bruges from Mon May 22nd for 3 evenings.

The purpose of the trip is to drink beer.

My buddies wont mind if I do my own thing with 20 CDZers or a couple turn up.
We can arrange a rendezvous when I know more about the hotel!

Matrix
06-01-2006, 15:42
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Groningen is the reason why "everything is so far away".
Not exactly. I have a brother living in Brussels. If it was there, it I wouldn't doubt to come. ;)

Beam
06-01-2006, 18:32
quote:The purpose of the trip is to drink beer.

I [love] straightforward goals! No plans for drinking games?

Rik Meleet
16-05-2006, 13:28
It is May now ....

col
16-05-2006, 20:01
Will be arriving in Bruges sometime in the evening of the 29th May and will be returning to Uk on Friday June 2nd.

This gives me Tues+ Wed + Thurs for some serious Belgian brews.

Staying at the Hotel Olympia

BCLG100
16-05-2006, 21:30
is hotel olympia like a travel inn type place or is it a full on hotel?

col
16-05-2006, 21:39
Full on hotel - 3 star.

BCLG100
16-05-2006, 21:44
ooooooo swanky, have a good time :)

Whomp
16-05-2006, 21:48
@Col--Beam mentioned drinking games. Have you ever played a card game called "Kings and arseholes"? It's pretty fun since the King gets to make up rules when he wins a hand and the arsehole is the King's bitch.

BCLG100
16-05-2006, 21:55
how do you play that??? apparantly they played in on American pie so was always curious as to what it was, once we got past the joking 'har har time for you to get assholed[' we were kind of curious as to why they'd play that on american pie.

Whomp
16-05-2006, 22:52
Sorry to spam this up Col.

The game is pretty simple. The objective is to get rid of all of your cards. First one to get rid of their cards is king and last one out is arsehole. You are seated based on when you got rid of your cards. If you're the 2nd one out you sit to the King's left and the arsehole to his right.

The way it works is you have to beat the cards of the person who just played. So if they lay a 10 I have to either match it with a 10 or beat it with a jack or higher (pair, trips). If you match the card then it skips the player following you (pairs skip two people). That round goes until no one can beat the last cards dealt or if they throw a queen which stops that round and allows that player to open a new round (generally getting rid of their worst card).

Other cards that can be used are "4's" which allow you to skip yourself and let it go back around the table.

All of these rules are subject to change or any new rules created based on what the King wants. IE certain cards reverse direction of play, certain words can not be said, a rule is eliminated, etc etc.

Being the arsehole sucks. He has to do whatever the king wants including shuffling the cards, getting him a fresh Belgian beer, giving the king his best card and the king giving the arsehole his worst etc etc.

Make the rules as you go.

BCLG100
16-05-2006, 23:05
oh right ok, now i understand :D

It's a bit like Shithead really then?

So if you cant beat the deck do you have to pick the cards up then?

Whomp
17-05-2006, 00:01
No you don't have to pick up the deck. I forgot to mention you can always pass in hopes of someone to your right will stop the game so you can hold off playing some good cards till later.

For example, you may pass when throws a pair of 10's even though you have a pair of jacks in your hand because you'd like to use them later in the game.

ProPain
17-05-2006, 11:14
I know that game, quite funny especially when you drink enought when playing. However if you start out as the arsehole you'll have a difficult time making promotion as you'll have to give your best cards away all the time...