PDA

View Full Version : Cup round 1

Shabbaman
04-01-2006, 18:20
Piccing, 0-3 ahead in the first half but my star forward is injured [mad]

Kemal
04-01-2006, 18:23
1-3 ahead at halftime, Piccing as well. Only 62% possession though, but my opponent plays creative while I have an optimal team for SEs. :)

Already had one quick event scored.

Btw, it seems that the huge match-ratings bug (increased side defense for all teams) has been solved in time for Dutch cup matches, I noticed... and immediately my opponent scored vs my side defense. Grmmbl. ;)

edit: nasty blow to the shin... might be the injury is not as bad as it could be shabba, lets hope so. At least no unfortunate collision in the penalty area...

Melifluous
04-01-2006, 18:35
Massive defence bug?

Explains the Supernatural Defence of the league team I'm playing this weekend.

Thank god for that.

[meli]

PS. PIC 0-6 win against a bot team for me. woot

Shabbaman
04-01-2006, 18:49
Nasty blow to the shin, might be nothing. He'll be joining Shabba FC's wealthy owner Shabbaman in the doctor's office. An "unfortunate incidinent" means ruptured ankle tendons for the russian mobster errr... I mean dutch bureaucrat.

Kemal
04-01-2006, 19:20
Won 1-4, but my ratings are disastrous... if I compare them with a season ago, I now actually seem to be playing worse, thanks to all the changes to the engine that have been made since then. My wings are non-existant, and now my defense is crippled as well, it seems. [cry]

[sulk]

Swingue
04-01-2006, 19:22
Won 0-5, rating 38,5 star while pic'ing. Lets see what happens rest of the season

Kingreno
04-01-2006, 19:27
Played a 5-4-1 line-up and picced. Won 8-0. Got the (sort'a) expected 43,5 stars but positioning was too weird to give that any value. Sups only to satisfied. One yellow card, no injurries.

Shabbaman
04-01-2006, 20:09
A nasty blow to the shin is only worth a week. Good thing that I already had 10 doctors.

ProPain
04-01-2006, 21:19
PIC'ed to a 0-6 victory, my opponent apparently didnt even bother: only 10 players lined up. Scored 45,5 stars, not too bad.

Next round is gonna be quite a bit harder, I;m facing another 6th division team and a more than decent one as well, so I;m playing a home match in the second round already.

Mistfit
04-01-2006, 21:23
Does the weaker team always get homefield?

Could be why I have a home match first [:p}

Kemal
04-01-2006, 21:26
The team ranked lowest of the two gets home advantage... but the rank is based on your position in the league at the end of the previous season, not on how your team actually performs. (Unfortunately for PP's opponent, that is... ;))

Swingue
04-01-2006, 22:44
Hmm, got my first serious opponent as well, a 7th division team who just degraded, 33,5 stars. So that should not be a problem but he is playing at home.

Mistfit
05-01-2006, 03:47
Well thanks again for all of the help... I did lose though :(

This is the longest game I have ever seen personally...

quote:A scorching day at Mistfit's_Marauders Arena, where 15000 spectators were in place for today's match. Mistfits_Marauders had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Wennemars - Lombardi, van der Arend, Granelli - Ventura, Borg, Cantürk, Sunesson, Hundseder - Hirschler, Wang-Kin.

Stumblers had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Zakay - Shapira, Cowart, Coronado - Laudani, Plascencia, Sandu, Cartagena - Vertue, Lehne, Moleman.

Stumblers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. A questionable penalty in the 12th minute gave the home side the lead, 1 - 0. The visitors' goaltender didn't stand a chance as Dietmar Hundseder knocked the ball home. After an industrious effort down the middle, Urs Hirschler could have closed the game off in the 20th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. 22 minutes into the game, Urs Hirschler had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Dwayne Whittington. 29 minutes into the game Stumblers's Ben Vertue found a gap in the home side's central defense and scored with a fabulous shot, making it 1 - 1. The referee showed Mistfits_Marauders's Ramon Ventura the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The Stumblers player who had to be helped off the pitch, was Ben Vertue as he was unable to finish the game. Rico Endres came in to finish the match. After 35 minutes of play, Jiang Wang-Kin gave the home team a 2 - 1 lead after an attack coming in from the right. When Ramon Ventura made yet another studs-first tackle in the game's 41st minute, the referee was obliged to book the Mistfits_Marauders player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. Stumblers were forced to a substitution as Kars Moleman couldn't continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Freddy Coates to come in from the sidelines. The teams went for a halftime break at 2 - 1. Mistfits_Marauders held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Seemingly due to lack of experience, Reuven Shapira needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. 61 minutes into the game, Leon van der Arend had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Huey Pearce. The visiting team's Rico Endres was able to score the 2 - 2 equaliser in the 69th minute with a header, after some good work on the right. 75 minutes into the game, a free kick combination hooked into the box by Dietmar Hundseder almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. Adrian Sandu of Stumblers received a yellow card in the 76th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The referee showed Mistfits_Marauders's Dwayne Whittington the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Mistfits_Marauders, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

As neither team had managed to win, extra time was called. Juan Luis Cartagena of Stumblers received a yellow card in the 99th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. There was still no winner after 30 minutes of extra time so the teams had to select a lineup for a penalty contest to settle the result.

Mistfits_Marauders's Dietmar Hundseder looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal. Stumblers's Giulio Laudani hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 2 - 2. Mistfits_Marauders's Jiang Wang-Kin hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 2 - 2. Stumblers's Rico Endres looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal. Mistfits_Marauders's Antonino Granelli cooly put the ball past Mordehai Zakay. 3 - 2. Stumblers's Ralph Coronado cooly put the ball past Piet-Hein Wennemars. 3 - 3. Mistfits_Marauders's Ville Borg cooly put the ball past Mordehai Zakay. 4 - 3. Stumblers's Geir Lehne made no mistake. Piet-Hein Wennemars didn't have a chance. 4 - 4. Mistfits_Marauders's John Sunesson looked insecure all the way from laying the ball down to clipping the ball miles wide of the crossbar. No goal. Stumblers's Samuel Plascencia cooly put the ball past Piet-Hein Wennemars. 4 - 5.

The most dominating Mistfits_Marauders player was without a doubt John Sunesson.However, Dwayne Whittington made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Stumblers player was without a doubt Samuel Plascencia. Freddy Coates was a disappointment, however. The match ends 4 - 5.

I killed him in ToP:
61% first 1/2 and 63% in the second
2 guys injured (one 1 week and one 2 weeks so not bad) and 1 red carded [aargh]

It was a sell out and I made some good cash...

bed_head7
05-01-2006, 03:49
Won 6-0 while PiCing against a bot. Now, I am anxiously waiting to find out who my next opponent will be. I really hope I manage to get to the third round this year.

ProPain
05-01-2006, 07:44
grats bed_head7.

What a bummer Mistfit, so close.

socralynnek
05-01-2006, 11:46
Won 0-6 vs a bot.
Next round will be a little tougher but I hope I can win with home advantage.
Would be nice to boost TS with another PIC...

Darth Pugwash
05-01-2006, 18:56
Won 5-1 :D

Next round will be close by the looks of it

akots
06-01-2006, 02:36
Won 0-5 against a bot team and reached formidable attack in the middle for the first time. It seems, if I continue forward training, I can get to outstanding in the middle and passable on both wings attack ratings. Not bad but midfield sucks and will suck unless I switch training.