PDA

View Full Version : Buying defender, BOUGHT!

ProPain
22-12-2005, 00:47
I plan on buying a defender for next year. I have about 3M in cash but I dont want to spend it all, so I;m thinking about spending 2-2.5M.

It appears defending is the main skill for defenders, maybe some passing is nice for CA as well. Although I dont think I need to play much CA, I do play 3-4-3 next season as well so opportunities for CA may arise.

Any advice what to look for on secs, specialties and maybe some price advice beyond transfer compare?

socralynnek
22-12-2005, 16:47
With the changes that were announced yesterday, you must consider wing for wingbacks and let them play normal or to middle.
With prices I can't help you, cause my most expensive buy was 900K...

Kingreno
22-12-2005, 19:43
-Defending is definately the most important skill for defenders. Winger is less importnat with defenders for a 3-4-3 line-up as WB-winger should only [u]contribute</u> to an Offensive winger on the same side. A WB posed as normal or offensive has no use if there is no winger in front as the attack on that side will likely only increase from disastrous to wretched. In your case PP, a WB with say Briliant defending AND passable winger would greatly contribute to the side your good winger is placed! that would cost roughly 2 M.

-If you want a Central Defender: Go for a Magnificent Defender. No other skill is usefull enough to pay for.

-CA??? You played CA in your cupgames yet scored all goals from non-CA-events. Forget paying for passing when it'd only increae your skill from inadequate to passable or solid.

- Speciality: The way to prevent goals is the Quick speciality or the Head specialty. Quick means you can position it against an enemy forward or winger with the same skill and prevent SE! Head reduces enemy chances to score while increasing your own chances to score.
Downsides with these are that quick can cause slight decrease in def while it rains or is sunny while head can be tricked by technicals. Both have seldom bothered me.
The Powerfull spec is okay but overrated. It helps with pressing and is good in th rain. Other then that: nothing.
Avoid: Unpredictable. Unless he has great passing (and be too expensive!) and at least weak experience.

- Stamina. At least passable is what you want. Excellent is even better. This should not cost that much more then a wretched stamina defender. Tiredness events are just too stupid to neglect.

- Sum-up: IF you ONLY want a Central defender that stops enemies scoring or Defensive WB. Go for the least ammount of second skills, and the highest ammount of defending.
2,5m: Magnificent def, excellent stamina (Quick/Head). Disastrous everyting else.

If you want more options:
2,5m: Briliant def, passable stamina, passable Winger OR PM, some passing. (quick/Head)

ProPain
22-12-2005, 20:01
I;m thinking Central Defender, I;m thinking of training wing again after I;m finished with forwards, so then I'll buy some defenders with decent winging and train em on the WB pos.

yndy
24-12-2005, 08:09
Great advice KR. I'd reckon Head is the specialty for defenders, powerfull and quick are relatively good.

ProPain
27-12-2005, 10:51
This one is for sale for 2.5M

quote:Jannick Sieg (48750123)
20 years, solid form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head
Nationality: Deutschland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 30 170
Wage: 6 480 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: F.C. SPORTUL BUCURESTI
Warnings: 1
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: excellent Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: poor Defending: world class
Scoring: passable Set Pieces: poor

A bit more expensive than I planned but his TSI is twice the 'normal' world class defender and he's young so I can keep him around for years to come.

I think I have a go at him

ProPain
28-12-2005, 22:56
PP SV latest addition

Louis Eizema (44996618)
20 years, inadequate form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and righteous.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Nederland
Total Skill Index (TSI): 20 840
Wage: 4 760 €/week
Owner: PP SV
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: passable Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: world class
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: passable

Got him for a 'measly' 2.8M so I overspent a little but he'll last me a few seasons and hopefully he'll be keeping the goal clean together with mr Beurskens.

Should keep me in the 6th next season I;d say. If not then one 7th division is gonna have a sorry time in season 17 :)

Kingreno
29-12-2005, 08:52
Well spot PP, you must have some fine scouts on the market! ;)

ProPain
29-12-2005, 10:53
[rotfl]

I sure do

And thanks again