PDA

View Full Version : Poll for Civ4 fans

Socrates
20-12-2005, 17:19
From the CFC mainpage, this link : http://www.firaxis.com/community/polls.cfm

This is a poll from Firaxis to us. They ask feedback for future Civ4 releases. :) Here is what I roughly answered, from the top of my head :

1. Which Components Would You Most Like to See in future Civ releases?
I put "new civs" on highest, and "new terrain" on lowest, the rest is inbetween both extremes.

2. Which New Civilizations Would You Most Like to See in future Civ releases? (Pick 8)
I picked Babylonia, Byzantine, Carthage, Dutch (gah, influence from CDZ ;) ), Mayans, Ottoman Empire, Portuguese, Vikings.
I refrained from asking civs like Assyria, Hittites or Sumeria, because it's not all about my beloved Antiquity.

3. Which New Leaders For Existing Civ IV Civilizations Would You Like to See? (Pick 4)
I picked :
- Egypt: Ramesses II
- Greece: Pericles
- Rome: Marcus Aurelius
(3 civs that desperately need a 2nd leader IMHO, Ramesses II being the oh so obvious miss from Vanilla)
and I chose Persia: Darius I (written in the little box).
Yup, ancient civs. [tongue] Don't know why some civs would get 3 leaders while other civs would only have 1 ?

4. Which Categories Need Additional Units? (Pick 4)
I picked :
- Classical : Mounted (why only horse archers ?), Naval (1 type of ship until the late Middle Ages is boring)
- Medieval : Siege (catapults are used for too long)
- 20th Century : Naval (don't know, it looks like there are too few modern ships)
I admit, I chose that a bit quickly. 2 games isn't enough for that.

5. Which one specific unit would you like to see added to the current Civilization IV units?
I said : Trebuchet. Cats are useless against cavalries and grenadiers... apart from going suicide all the way.

6. Tell us what one rules change/feature addition you'd like to see added to Civilization IV. (250 Chrs Max)
I told them that they need to rework the borders system so as to not let units teleport. I enjoy the new system (must declare war if you want to enter a territory with no open borders, and the possibility to have units of different civs on a same tile, even a city !), but teleporting units just feels plain wrong.

What about you ?

Matrix
22-12-2005, 12:23
1. New civilizations & MP scenarios
2. Dutch, Portuguese, Vikings, Mayans, Babylonia, Ottoman Empire?, Zulus?
3. Cleopatra, Churchill, Augustus Caesar
The rest I left empty. I can't judge well enough on that yet.

Yesterday I played a game at monarch level, and was blown to smithereenies in the ancient period. :(

Darkness
22-12-2005, 12:29
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

From the CFC mainpage, this link : http://www.firaxis.com/community/polls.cfm

This is a poll from Firaxis to us. They ask feedback for future Civ4 releases. :) Here is what I roughly answered, from the top of my head :

1. Which Components Would You Most Like to See in future Civ releases?
I put "new civs" on highest, and "new terrain" on lowest, the rest is inbetween both extremes.

2. Which New Civilizations Would You Most Like to See in future Civ releases? (Pick 8)
I picked Babylonia, Byzantine, Carthage, Dutch (gah, influence from CDZ ;) ), Mayans, Ottoman Empire, Portuguese, Vikings.
I refrained from asking civs like Assyria, Hittites or Sumeria, because it's not all about my beloved Antiquity.

3. Which New Leaders For Existing Civ IV Civilizations Would You Like to See? (Pick 4)
I picked :
- Egypt: Ramesses II
- Greece: Pericles
- Rome: Marcus Aurelius
(3 civs that desperately need a 2nd leader IMHO, Ramesses II being the oh so obvious miss from Vanilla)
and I chose Persia: Darius I (written in the little box).
Yup, ancient civs. [tongue] Don't know why some civs would get 3 leaders while other civs would only have 1 ?

4. Which Categories Need Additional Units? (Pick 4)
I picked :
- Classical : Mounted (why only horse archers ?), Naval (1 type of ship until the late Middle Ages is boring)
- Medieval : Siege (catapults are used for too long)
- 20th Century : Naval (don't know, it looks like there are too few modern ships)
I admit, I chose that a bit quickly. 2 games isn't enough for that.

5. Which one specific unit would you like to see added to the current Civilization IV units?
I said : Trebuchet. Cats are useless against cavalries and grenadiers... apart from going suicide all the way.

6. Tell us what one rules change/feature addition you'd like to see added to Civilization IV. (250 Chrs Max)
I told them that they need to rework the borders system so as to not let units teleport. I enjoy the new system (must declare war if you want to enter a territory with no open borders, and the possibility to have units of different civs on a same tile, even a city !), but teleporting units just feels plain wrong.

What about you ?

1. New civ and MP...
2. Babylon, Carthage, Vikings and the Dutch
3. Egypt (Ramesses II) and Rome (Nero)
5. Trebuchets
6. Civil war. Civ splits after capital is conquered. (back from Civ2)

Shabbaman
22-12-2005, 12:34
1. Nothing (I hope they get the point)
2. Dutch (chauvinistic pig)
3. Pericles!
4. Siege weapons in every category.
5. Nothing.
6. I wish I'd thought about the civil war. Best. Feature. Ever. Man, I loved that!

I can see the civil war thing happening before my eyes. I think especially captured cities from destroyed civs could revolt/flip easily. Imagine conquering your neighbour and all of a sudden a state appears that's gracious towards you for bashing their worst enemy.

Best. Feature. Ever.

I'm also happy someone finally replied to this post.

Matrix
22-12-2005, 18:12
I resubmitted and mentioned civil war/splitting of civs as well. ;)

Pastorius
23-12-2005, 07:27
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

1. Nothing (I hope they get the point)
2. Dutch (chauvinistic pig)
3. Pericles!
4. Siege weapons in every category.
5. Nothing.
6. I wish I'd thought about the civil war. Best. Feature. Ever. Man, I loved that!

I can see the civil war thing happening before my eyes. I think especially captured cities from destroyed civs could revolt/flip easily. Imagine conquering your neighbour and all of a sudden a state appears that's gracious towards you for bashing their worst enemy.

Best. Feature. Ever.

I'm also happy someone finally replied to this post.

Agree about 1, although I ranged my stuff from "do nothing" to "moderately interested". I wish I hadnt

Pericles is a definite YES YES. More so than Alex IMO, since Athens is greekier than Macedonia [mischief]

Didnt write diddly about the 250 char stuff, since I was lazy when I posted my poll answer. Civil war stuff would have been my submission as well

Sir Eric
01-01-2006, 12:55
1. New Units/Civs (Haven't played MP yet)
2. Celts/Holy Roman Empire/Sumeria
3. Egypt-RamsesII/England Richard I