PDA

View Full Version : Season 27 FINAL ROUND!

Melifluous
18-12-2005, 20:24
Well I made it.

Last game of the season and I just manage to pull myself out of the auto-relegation zone and into the qualifier relegation spot.

Awesome set of games sees me in my highest position since the 2nd game of the season.

quote:
22818 spectators had come to Meli's Manglers Arena this cloudy day. Manglers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Becerra - Carrol, Hoff, Bryan - Haugstad, Carroll, de Klaver, Sprengen, Quigley-Parks - Corrales Ortega, Gyllenér.

Jonseys had chosen a strategic 4-3-3 formation. They fielded: Rogersson - Schiebert, Randle, Crisp, Adams - Anger, Palombarini, Stewart - Grant, Secker, Lyssens.

Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Jonseys. Manglers's Andy Quigley-Parks got himself booked after a foul. There was no way Jonseys's Philipp Schiebert could continue to play after this, and no replacements were available! Johan Gyllenér acted with superior experience when, in the 6th minute, he predicted a pass, intercepted it and then finished off with a goal. 1 - 0 for his Manglers! Jonseys showed their counterattack skill in the 30th minute, with Philip Grant scoring uncontested for 1 - 1. Manglers's Rick Sprengen left the field after 31 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Stephen Mottram. After a fine move down the middle Miguel Ángel Corrales Ortega nearly gave the home side one up in the 38th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. When Malcolm Stewart left the game because of a back injury in the 41st minute, Jonseys had to continue a man short due to a lack of replacements. Halftime score was 1 - 1. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 91 percent possession rate.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglers's Roddy Carroll got himself booked. In the game's 71st minute Jonseys's Kevin Crisp limped slightly after a late challenge, but he was able to continue. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 72nd minute goal by Johan Gyllenér for Manglers, putting them ahead 2 - 1. Jeffrey Randle received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 81st minute and almost let an opponent score. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 90 percent possession rate.

Manglers's best player was Erdem de Klaver. Albert Hoff was a disappointment, however. Jonseys's best player was Philip Grant. However, Christophe Anger made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 2 - 1.

Of course the other team finishing with 9 players surely helped.

[meli]

Kingreno
18-12-2005, 20:42
that's pretty stupid, playing without subs. Nice win though!

ProPain
18-12-2005, 20:54
I;m so excited, ending the season with another walkover.....

Congrats Mel!

Kemal
18-12-2005, 21:23
I know what you mean pp, thankfully, these are the last WOs ever!

edit: indeed congrats to Meli's Manglers!

Swingue
18-12-2005, 22:00
congrats meli

I won my last game while picking.

BTW: i booked my game in your arena, is that ok PP?

Kemal
18-12-2005, 22:09
Finished 3rd in the end, and took the prestigious [rolleyes] topscorers title as well!

All in all though, Snaken are very content with the way the season went, hopefully the next can be a similar one, as I continue to strengthen the team and hope to push towards the 5th at some time in the future, rather than a step back to 7th again.

arne1
18-12-2005, 23:36
continued my winning streak 4-0 at home with mots, so one of my less weak competitors. Had my first inadequate midfield ever. I am unlikekly to repeat that anytime soon. My trainees will slowly be sold of.

Dell19
18-12-2005, 23:39
I lost 3-1 and thus automatically relegate back down to VI after gaining 14 points and needing one more to stay up.

akots
18-12-2005, 23:51
@Meli: now you have to win the qualifier. Can you do it?

Today is decisive match for Chemists. I will probably win (simulations showed 85% chance of winning) against number 2 in the league and I'm then coming 5th or 4th depending on the results of the teams which are now 3rd and 4th and face each other. If 4th place loses, I'm moving up and finishing 4th. I don't know what's best, an extra week of full training is good but you never know about the qualifier. It is probably a not so strong team I'd have to face but it won't be nice to lose and relegate this season.

ProPain
19-12-2005, 00:12
quote:Originally posted by Swingue

congrats meli

I won my last game while picking.

BTW: i booked my game in your arena, is that ok PP?

Congrats Swingue! nicely done this season I;d say!

Of course you're welcome at PP SV arena, my sups are hungering for a serious match after all those WO's :)

akots
19-12-2005, 01:51
I'm currently having an incomprehensible game. I scored once right at the start then missed 4 (!!) opportunities in a row and one of the best midfielders got injured. And then by the end of the first half the opponent scored with the only opportunity! I should have at least low excel attack rating in the center against his low inadequate defense so I assume that hattrick gods do not want me to stay in 5th apparently at least not the easy way (my defense is about low-mid weak and his attack is weak/inad). We are about even in midfield, may be he's having slight advantage because of motsing as well. I have to win to get to 4th place and the team which is currently 4th has changed owners on this very matchday and is losing badly of course.

bed_head7
19-12-2005, 03:25
Things worked out perfectly for me. I could not have asked for much more, really. I went in this week in second place, with the same goal differential as the first place team, but he had more goals. Something like 40-13 for him and 38-11 for me. I did not expect much coming in, but actually managed to win 4-2 while first place won 2-1, so I won the league. Now I get to play a qualification game against a far superior team. I also got top scorer.

akots
19-12-2005, 04:02
So, finally I lost this somewhat strange game and face a qualifier but against a weak team, should be winning without problem.

Melifluous
19-12-2005, 10:25
quote:Originally posted by akots

@Meli: now you have to win the qualifier. Can you do it?

I play a reasonable team from VI.879 but it shouldn't be too hard.

I also got this message from them in the mail.

quote:
Hi, I am the owner of wildwood your qualifying oponent. I didnt realy want promaotion this season anyway because i did'nt think the side were up 2 it but after being drawn with you i dont have to worry about purposely loseing. All the best at least it will be an occasion for my club.
KN

Nice huh?

[meli]

akots
19-12-2005, 11:04
That is cool. :)

Kemal
19-12-2005, 12:58
For those looking for their new division/opponents, it seems that alltidhattrick is first to come up with the correct promotion tables again. If they are correct, Snaken are getting a CA team from the 5th, and two non-supporter teams from the 7th, who I think may be in for a tough ride.

Mistfit
19-12-2005, 13:48
Last match of the season was againt my archnemisis... socceraggie007. I put my best club out there and MoTS'ed it. I won fairly easily 4-0. This guy has kicked my arse every match in the 2 seasons I have played against him. He needed the win as well to insure that he won the series. I do not understand. It seems as if he thru the match only getting a wretched (low) midfield [hmm]

The one other guy in my series that I like and have any contact with (the Duck Hunters) could have taken the division had he only won his last match of the season against the #7 team but ends up with a tie. So now I hope that socceraggie promotes so I do not have to deal with him anymore and I can have a new rivalry against the Duck Hunters.

I ended the season with 20 points and firmly in 4 th place. Which is not so bad considering the early season injury and season long form problems I had.

Now I just hope to get some easy cup games to boost my income for a while.

Shabbaman
19-12-2005, 14:19
I lost my game due to a yellow card...

for diving.

[mad]

socralynnek
19-12-2005, 16:04
Lost 1-0 although I was clearly better.
But still won the title...
My GK is injured for 5 weeks! That's hard for the maybe decisive beginning of next season.

Dell19
19-12-2005, 16:22
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

For those looking for their new division/opponents, it seems that alltidhattrick is first to come up with the correct promotion tables again. If they are correct, Snaken are getting a CA team from the 5th, and two non-supporter teams from the 7th, who I think may be in for a tough ride.

I think Cupranks were first as the other two sites were still updating when I checked last night. :)

All three sites agree on where I am going and it will be a reasonably easy league although I thought I might come second this year.

socralynnek
19-12-2005, 16:43
I knew my league already on Sunday morning ;)

There is no weak team in it, so anything from 2-8 is possible, but I think it will be about 4th or 5th.

Kemal
19-12-2005, 16:51
Some were prolly earlier I suppose, this is the first I found to be reliable with regard to the Dutch leagues though. The Rembrandt site still had the wrong ranks assigned to teams this morning resulting in wrong tables. :)

Darth Pugwash
19-12-2005, 19:48
Very pleased to get a 2-2 draw in a game I thought I would lose. Finished in 4th place with 25 points, the season went well despite a disaster of a start.

Kingreno
20-12-2005, 19:27
Woohoo. My first Bribed Game[backstab]

Leagueleaders begged for no autopromotion place and I told him I'd pic with my B-team. I was already secure and did not care at all what the result would be. In the end we agreed I'd Mots with a 5-4-1 line-up to win with only a very small margin to make sure his sups and confidence stayed within tollerancelevels. In the end I won 1-3.

AND he owes me one.:D