PDA

View Full Version : Paypal on MTGO!

Shabbaman
15-12-2005, 07:39
*click* (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/bs39)

Good news! It's still in testing phase, and it's most likely way too late for the mirage release events, but you can pay with it already. Sometimes.

Hurray!

Shabbaman
27-01-2006, 08:10
[bump]

Good news for those who're without friends on MTGO: I've decided that once paypal is officially available, I'll jump into it. Next month or so there's going to be a new version of MTGO (3.0), I suspect it'll be around that time. Probably at the same time as the Guildpact prerelease event.

Shabbaman
27-05-2006, 17:00
[bump]

So.

I inquired with Wizards about Paypal, and got a swift response: you can create a new account with an unverified Paypal account. Basically, this means: Magic online, here I come!

P.S. Wow, triple posting is the bomb!

Shabbaman
30-05-2006, 21:11
Well, I have my account. Despite the fact that during signup I was prompted several times that I needed a VERIFIED (with exclamation mark) paypal account, it worked like a charm with my unverified account. It might've helped that the account actually had some money in it ;)

For those interested (doubtful, considering the amount of posts in this topic), my account name is Shabbamancer [worship]

romeothemonk
30-05-2006, 21:28
Well Shabba, I used to play MTG. But it was a bad addiction, kinda like KoC. That and MTG costs money, which I don't have. But I know the game well, which is why I don't follow it, so I am not tempted to restart playing.

Shabbaman
30-05-2006, 22:01
I read about it every day, but I don't really spend a lot of time playing it. I like to buy cards from every new set, but I don't spend that much money on it. 10 euros a month, or less I think, over the last year. Before that I had some periods with increased spending (or less), depending on the cash flow. I have most of the older cards that I wanted to own.

But since I moved I don't know anybody who plays it. There's a magic club every friday night, but then I'm tired. I figured this Magic Online thing is nice to play occasionally, perhaps/very likely that I could trade some of my excess cardboard for digital crap.

It is a bad addiction though.

ProPain
17-08-2006, 23:54
Well, made my way back to online magic, see you haventbeen on for only a week. Tubbs been gone a bit longer though.

Kemal
18-08-2006, 00:11
Btw, does anyone know whether a possibility exist to somehow create an account without owning a credit card? Can that be done via a Paypal account? I don't know anything about that stuff to be honest... I'm paying HT-supporter via bank transfer, but that's all the online payment I make... I'm not even donating to CDZ.. [blush2]

Shabbaman
18-08-2006, 08:58
Kemal, I don't have a credit card either! You can get a paypal account without a credit card, and you can get a mtgo account without a credit card. Although the site states on several places that you need a confirmed paypal account, I can tell you from first hand experience that you don't.

PP, it was a busy week, but I'm going to play in a coldsnap release league today.

ProPain
18-08-2006, 11:13
I was thinking about that to. We might end up seeing each other online then :)

Energy
18-08-2006, 11:38
I see those extra employees are paying off, PP? [lol]

Tubby Rower
18-08-2006, 13:31
@ PP.. I gifted all (well everything except land) over to Shabba. I really don't have the time to fool with it and I didn't want them collecting ether-dust.