PDA

View Full Version : Rik - Akots *** Spoiler *** (not for Akots)

Rik Meleet
11-12-2005, 21:50
I'm up against Akots.

Akots; if you see this, please leave.

I will certainly need luck in this PBEM. Kemal made the map. [goodjob]

This was the request:
Me and Rik decided to play some game. Can you please cook a map for it? It is 1x1 no-AI, Emperor level, tiny Pangea. No choke between us, rectangular shape with ocean/sea on the "other" side. Well, you know better than I can describe. Now, the tricky part: I'm Zulu and Rick is Egypt. We want barbarians and goody huts to make expansionist trait worth at least something. How many of both - that is for you to decide, so that it does not kill the balance. No ivory and no SGL.

Rik Meleet
11-12-2005, 21:52
This is my start. I got WC from a hut immediately. Not much to tell yet.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Rik Meleet/20051211205212_Akots PBEM start.JPG
56.94*KB

Akots popped Ceremonial burial in his first turn, the way I popped Warrior Code. We have just finished turn 16 and I got pottery on turn 10. I've decided to go the Wheel next for my UU/ Akots has no new tech yet so he is either doing Bronze or Alphabet. I'll know soon enough.

Akots' city is growing a lot faster than mine; he must have been given a 3 food start. I will finish my granary next turn. As I see my capital; I don't see a 5 food per turn settler factory possibility. I am not good at spotting them, though. If a lurker can tell me how to create a settler factory in my capital I would appreciate it. [nowait]

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Rik Meleet/2005121123535_akots 16.JPG
137.1KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Rik Meleet/20051211235346_akots 16 stats.JPG
75.38KB

Ginger_Ale
12-12-2005, 03:03
What are your plans regarding expansion? Going to go with a tight build, or loose? How many cities do you think you can fit on your starting peninsula (2 more? 3?).

Rik Meleet
12-12-2005, 10:21
I don't know yet. My first settler will go South-West along the river. Depending on what info I get I'll decide on the build.

Rik Meleet
19-12-2005, 22:02
I don't know what Akots is doing. He has researched his first tech (bronze) in turn 23. The same turn I researched the wheel after I first learned Pottery. I've already invested 112 beakers for Akots' 60 beakers. So it looks like he is building up cash. But for what ???
And he hasn't build any settler yet. I will have one next turn. Unfortunately that will mean a great drop in size; back to size 1. But with my soon to be completed irrigated grassland-game tile I'll have 4 foor per turn, max. 5 food is not possible in despotism for my start.

grahamiam
19-12-2005, 22:32
well, at size 5 you can do 11 spt by 5 mined-bgs (+2fpt). Then, at turn 2, you can switch to 4bg's + irr game for 9spt and +4fpt, giving you 20s and a chariot :). You will then have 4f till growth to size 6 and can build a warrior or something. Then 3 turns at 11spt (and MM for max gold) will get you a settler. Every 6T, you can have 2 units and 1 settler, not half bad. Or, this city could do a chariot and worker every 3T at size 5. I'm sure there's a couple more combo's that will work as well.

Rik Meleet
20-12-2005, 00:43
Thanks Grahamiam. I'll use it for units for the next couple of turns.

BTW: Akots didn't go for Bronze working; he must have popped that from a hut... :)

Rik Meleet
08-01-2006, 01:19
Turn 52 update.

I've finally located Akots. I think it is a popped city. Let's see how much damage I can do.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Rik Meleet/2006180349_akots gevonden.JPG
35.95*KB

I got Writing first and will surely win the Philo Race. I won't take the CoL gamble as I think that will cost me the Philorace. I'm going to see how Republic takes to selfresearch (estimate 20 - 25 turns when I am not in Golden Age) and decide then to go for it quickly or slowly. Akots is 2 techs behind me; writing and Masonry, despite him using his exp trait and popping techs all over the map.
I am seriously lagging in number of cities. Akots has at least 5 cities for many turns (my 4th city was build this turn). I keep up with him in productivity though. And I think I have more commerce. But if I do not get some more cities quickly I will fight an uphill battle.

Rik Meleet
08-01-2006, 04:14
Yeah; I got him a Despotic Golden Age. He found my War Chariot too close for comfort near his core and his settler and attacked with an Impi.

Rik Meleet
15-01-2006, 04:27
Turn 75 update

Akots is in his 19th turn of Golden Age. And he's turned up with 2 impi and a scout. Those annoying bastards are hiding out in the mountains, where my war chariots cannot touch them. I have surrounded him, to prevent him easy pillage targets. His GA has given him the edge in the game, researching at at least 32 beakers per turn. (he got CoL -160 beakers- in 5 turns, on turn 74).

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Rik Meleet/200611533418_akots 75 land west.JPGhttp://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Rik Meleet/20061153353_akots 75 land oost.JPG

I won the Philo race and got CoL for free. After that I've invested 18 turns already into The Republic. As you can see from the screenie, I'll get the Rep in max 4 turns. Being religious helps me here in anarchy time. I won't be able to stay in The Rep for ever, perhaps not even for long. The war weariness might kill me, but I think I'll be able to hold out for some turns. And a handful of turns mught be sufficient. I expect to be in GA soon now, since Akots can sac his impi on mu WC's to give me a despo GA. And getting a few turns of Golden Aged Republic will be worthwhile. At least, it should be better than Akots' Despo GA.

I'm afraid of 1 thing; Akots' attack. 2 Impi are only a fraction of what he can produce. If there is a secondary force (for instance in my south) I'm surely dead. I just haven't got sufficient troops -yet- to stop impi's from pillaging. Let's hope he hasn't...