PDA

View Full Version : ProPain's Pretty Pointless Popquiz - III

ProPain
13-05-2003, 12:29
First one to post song title and performing artists wins.

The quiz track is number 3b. The 3a is an intro to 3b and really funny.

Please rate this song too!

Download Attachment: /forum/icon_paperclip.gif /ProPain/PPtrack3a.mp3 (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ProPain/PPtrack3a.mp3)

Download Attachment: /forum/icon_paperclip.gif /ProPain/PPtrack3b.mp3 (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ProPain/PPtrack3b.mp3)

Eklektikos
13-05-2003, 13:49
Sounds like a really dodgy soundalike of Mr Bungle c1991.

Possibly Primus? [hmm]

ProPain
13-05-2003, 14:02
Not Primus, but in my opinion this bass player is at least as good as Les Claypool. Unfortunately he started playing for another band (they're quite famous) where his bass playing abilities won;t be tested to the ultimate ....

Mr Bungle...just checked yesterday to see what Mike Patton is up to nowadys. I still miss Faith No More. My all time favorite band.

Shabbaman
13-05-2003, 14:25
Man, that sucks! Can't listen to that... (no insult intended here)

ProPain
13-05-2003, 14:26
Face reality shabba : House music sucks, big time.

This is great music.

Eklektikos
13-05-2003, 14:37
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Not Primus, but in my opinion this bass player is at least as good as Les Claypool. Unfortunately he started playing for another band (they're quite famous) where his bass playing abilities won;t be tested to the ultimate ....

Mr Bungle...just checked yesterday to see what Mike Patton is up to nowadys. I still miss Faith No More. My all time favorite band.

Always slightly preferred Bungle to FNM, but they're definitely one of the all time greats. Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of the new Tomahawk album sometime soon, since the preview track I heard sounds great :D

Shabbaman
13-05-2003, 14:45
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Face reality shabba : House music sucks, big time.

Yeah.

[ray slijngaard]"Tribal dance, tribal dance"[/ray slijngaard]

[lol]

Kemal
13-05-2003, 15:20
"You Lie... And Your Breath Stinks" by "Infectious Grooves"?

Google helped a little finding this out, I'll admit... [tongue]

ProPain
13-05-2003, 15:41
And we have a winner!

Infectious Grooves is a side project of (amongst others) Mike Muir and Robert Trujillo from Suicidal Tendencies. This song is from their first CD 'the plague that makes your booty move'. It comes highly recommended, I'm sure most Primus fans will like it cuz it got some great bass in it. BTW Robert Trujillo is Metallica's new bass player.... He left Ozzy Osbournes band for em, old FNM drummer still plays with Ozzy. All those good musicians letting their talents go to waste :D

The A-track creature is Aladin 'Sarsipppius' Sulemanagic Jackson the 3rd. He's a little green creature' who tries to get in the Infectious grooves studio during the record. Don't tell him he looks funny cuz he was 'on the cover of amphibious monthly. You know I went out with the finest lizzard of 1992, miss Godzilla....' Apparently his breath smells too as you can hear in this track. Well 'just turn you head the other way, Ignoramus.'