PDA

View Full Version : Trash talking time....

Darkness
22-11-2005, 09:22
Week 12 coming up...

Now it's the great Dark Demons against that silly little team that you've put up! [:p]

Prepare to have your 4-game winning streak snapped! :D

No, seriously, this one will go down to the wire I think, with monday nights game featuring Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne on your side and the Steelers D on mine. Shit, I think I'm in trouble... :( ;)

Pastorius
22-11-2005, 09:48
Trash talk quality: *** on a scale from 1-5.

Rik Meleet
22-11-2005, 10:48
?

Darkness
22-11-2005, 11:02
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

?

Fantasy Football
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=121176 ;)

Next weekend it's Whomp vs. Darkness (which I am likely to loose but still... I'm not doing too bad, as the only non-American in the League (I'm 9th, Whomp is 3rd in the 16-team league: Top 8 go to the playoffs, so I really need a win, but Whomp has Peyton Manning (best QB) in his team, so it will be an up-hill battle)

Whomp
22-11-2005, 16:12
Let me clarify a few things here. The Dark Demons are misinforming the public.

#1 The Dark Demons are not the ONLY non-American in this league since Aussie based Sanabas' Demented Drop Wombats are also in the league. Not only that but the Wombats are in the playoff hunt at 5-6 plus he plays the miserable Ironclads who have lost 8 in a row and are 1-10.

#2 BA's Massive Whompus is tied for 2nd with Roger's Collarbone and the Springfield Atoms with 8-3 records and has scored more points than both of them year to date.

What is true is the Dark Demons desperately need a win at 6-5. My Massive Whompus went freaky this past week on Fred's Freaks who had a 3 game win streak. It is now time to exorcise the Dark Demons who have won 3 in a row. The problem for the Demons is my team has won 4 in a row.

Let me finish by saying our teams matchup up reasonably well especially if my #2 running back continues to whine about his maladies and doesn't play again this week.

As far as smack talk goes Coach Whomp has a few team rules.

#1 No silly dances in the end zone. Play the game like you've been there before.

#2 If someone tries to smack talk simply say "look at the scoreboard and let's play ball".

Subliminal message a little known rule #3 says that Peyton Manning and Coach Whomp can be paid off with lots of cold Stellas.[:p]

So Mr. Demon I say "en garde"! [duelist]

Pastorius
22-11-2005, 16:37
Trash talk quality; ***(*)

Could have received a * if the post had been a tad more intimidating ;)

Darkness
22-11-2005, 16:43
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Let me clarify a few things here. The Dark Demons are misinforming the public.

#1 The Dark Demons are not the ONLY non-American in this league since Aussie based Sanabas' Demented Drop Wombats are also in the league. Not only that but the Wombats are in the playoff hunt at 5-6 plus he plays the miserable Ironclads who have lost 8 in a row and are 1-10.

True... [blush2]
My bad. I completely forgot about Sanabas...

#2 BA's Massive Whompus is tied for 2nd with Roger's Collarbone and the Springfield Atoms with 8-3 records and has scored more points than both of them year to date.

So? [???]
- I lost a sqeaker to the league leader Burninators in week 1 by three points...
- I lost a sqeaker to Rogers Collarbone in week 6 by less than two points...
- I soundly beat the Springfield Atoms in week 9 by 19 points...

Seems to me like my Dark Demons just might be Giant-Killers!!!! :D

What is true is the Dark Demons desperately need a win at 6-5. My Massive Whompus went freaky this past week on Fred's Freaks who had a 3 game win streak. It is now time to exorcise the Dark Demons who have won 3 in a row. The problem for the Demons is my team has won 4 in a row.

So, I see a nice possiblity for a repeat of history here:
Fred had won 4, then you beat him, so now you have won 4 in a row.
Now, if I beat you, I've also got a 4 game winning streak. Which would make this thing come full circle, as Fred kicked my ass in week 4.

Let me finish by saying our teams matchup up reasonably well especially if my #2 running back continues to whine about his maladies and doesn't play again this week.

You knew Taylor was injury-prone when you drafted him, so no complaining now... ;) Besides, this injury is said to be not that serious.

We match up well indeed, except at QB, 'cause Peyton's going to score much more than Jake Delhomme... Maybe I've got a tiny edge at RB though, with Droughns on a serious roll.

As far as smack talk goes Coach Whomp has a few team rules.

#1 No silly dances in the end zone. Play the game like you've been there before.

#2 If someone tries to smack talk simply say "look at the scoreboard and let's play ball".

Subliminal message a little known rule #3 says that Peyton Manning and Coach Whomp can be paid off with lots of cold Stellas.[:p]

So Mr. Demon I say "en garde"! [duelist]

Nice rules...
But I don't dance.... [:p]

Whomp
22-11-2005, 17:47
quote:Originally posted by the Demonized One
So?
- I lost a sqeaker to the league leader Burninators in week 1 by three points...

Seems to me like my Dark Demons just might be Giant-Killers!!
...almost doesn't count. It's like saying you ALMOST lost to the 1-10 Ironclads (1 point win). You ALMOST lost but....
Question is what happened in the other 3 losses when you played against "Sister Mary Pat's weak ass sisters of the poor" teams? [:P]

quote: Originally posted by the exorcised one

Now, if I beat you, I've also got a 4 game winning streak. Which would make this thing come full circle, as Fred kicked my ass in week 4.Fuzzy logic but I like it.....not.
quote:

quote:Originally posted by the Darkside
Nice rules...But I don't dance....
This includes the "head bob" [music] which all males are capable of...[:p]

Darkness
22-11-2005, 21:51

quote:Originally posted by the Demonized One
So?

Seems to me like my Dark Demons just might be Giant-Killers!!
...almost doesn't count. It's like saying you ALMOST lost to the 1-10 Ironclads (1 point win). You ALMOST lost but....
Question is what happened in the other 3 losses when you played against "Sister Mary Pat's weak ass sisters of the poor" teams? [:P]

quote: Originally posted by the exorcised one

Now, if I beat you, I've also got a 4 game winning streak. Which would make this thing come full circle, as Fred kicked my ass in week 4.Fuzzy logic but I like it.....not.
quote:

quote:Originally posted by the Darkside
Nice rules...But I don't dance....
This includes the "head bob" [music] which all males are capable of...[:p]

Yeah, but I don't have long hair anymore, so that would just look silly. [:p]

BTW: I do seem to be loosing the trash talking thingy, don't I? ;)

Doesn't matter, 'cause I'll win the game. :)

Maybe..... [blush2]

Whomp
22-11-2005, 22:08
As they say one man's trash is another man's treasure.
I suppose we can let Paal judge the quality of our "treasure" creating skills.
What I can say dear Mr. Darkside Dude is I'd like to see you make the playoffs, just not at my expense. :D

Darkness
22-11-2005, 23:06

I'd like to see you make the playoffs

Me too. But if I don't make it I'll just blame my inexperience... :D
Or the tough schedule... ;)

I figure I need at least 1, but most likely 2 wins to make the playoffs.
8-5 will definately make it.
7-6 makes me depend on other peoples results...

The problem is that I have two tough matchups on the way. First you, the Nike Inc...., which are just below me and also still in the hunt.

Darkness
23-11-2005, 08:49
Hey Whomp,

I just saw that you had another four game winning streak earlier in the season...
Maybe you just can't win more than four in a row? ;)

Rik Meleet
23-11-2005, 09:22
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

Hey Whomp,

I just saw that you had another four game winning streak earlier in the season...
[aargh] Trash talking for beginners ...

Darkness
23-11-2005, 09:43
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Hey Whomp,

[aargh] Trash talking for beginners ...

Never said I was good at it, just that it was time to start doing it... ;)

Whomp
25-11-2005, 17:58
And Warrick Dunn starts the scoring with a 5.80.

Unfortunately, Coach Whomp left Rod Smith on the bench and he scores a 8.85. Could this be the difference maker?
In other news, Fred Taylor will get the start as he practiced yesterday and is probable for the game.

Darkness
25-11-2005, 23:08

And Warrick Dunn starts the scoring with a 5.80.

Unfortunately, Coach Whomp left Rod Smith on the bench and he scores a 8.85. Could this be the difference maker?
In other news, Fred Taylor will get the start as he practiced yesterday and is probable for the game.

5.80 is decent, though not super...

You've a nice set of receivers there with Rod Smith on the bench and Santana Moss and Deion Branch starting... Thanks for the help on keeping Smith on the bench... ;)

Fred Taylor might very well be a great break for you. When he's healthy he's very effective.

I'm still thinking on who I should start at the flex spot: Drew Bennett or Chester Taylor. I think I am going to go with Taylor. At some point Brian Billick just has got to realize that this just isn't Jamal Lewis' season and that Taylor gives him a better chance at a decent running game.

Pastorius
25-11-2005, 23:18
Guys, this is, like Rik said, trash talking for amateurs.

Do I need to whip out my...
Trash talk for Dummies book(TM)?

Whomp
26-11-2005, 03:52
Bah. Just win baby. Trash talk is for losers who wear #81 in Philadelphia.[:p]

Paraphrasing Akots a big fat SOD talks bigger than any smack talk someone can throw out. I have a large SOD attacking Darkness so let 'em play the game.

BTW I think Taylor is the right choice. Last week should've sent Billick a message. Duh!

Darkness
26-11-2005, 10:26

Bah. Just win baby.

I intend to.... :D

Trash talk is for losers who wear #81 in Philadelphia.[:p]

I doubt he's in Philly anymore. I expect Andy Reid just told him to stay as far away from Philly as possible... [cool]

Darkness
27-11-2005, 11:35

No he's not...
He's out:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4259/news

At least, that's what this report says....

Pastorius
27-11-2005, 12:20
aw. Come on

Where are the "Uw moeder..." insults (your momma in your case Whomp)

Where are the pythonesque insults?

Where are the handbags at ten paces? (TM)*

*Handbags courtesy of Melifluous

Edit: "Uw moeder is zo vet, moet zij door de spiegel overgaan 5 keer om elk van te zien zelf"

Silly translation courtesy of Altavista Babelfish
So little trash talk, when apparently the game isnt about to start for quite a while

Rik Meleet
27-11-2005, 15:24
"Uw moeder is zo vet, moet zij door de spiegel overgaan 5 keer om elk van te zien zelf"
Which means ??

Pastorius
27-11-2005, 15:31
Your mother is so fat she has to pass the mirror 5 times to see all of herself.

Tried a few better ones, but that made babelfish confused.
Translation option said English to Dutch...

Not necessarily good dutch

Darkness
27-11-2005, 15:34
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

aw. Come on

Where are the "Uw moeder..." insults (your momma in your case Whomp)

Where are the pythonesque insults?

Where are the handbags at ten paces? (TM)*

*Handbags courtesy of Melifluous

Edit: "Uw moeder is zo vet, moet zij door de spiegel overgaan 5 keer om elk van te zien zelf"

Silly translation courtesy of Altavista Babelfish
So little trash talk, when apparently the game isnt about to start for quite a while

Terribly sorry to dissappoint you Paali... [:p]

BTW, the game started thurday, and will end tuesday morning (CET)...

Whomp
27-11-2005, 17:42
Gameday baby!!
I benched Taylor and started....Bennett I guess...blech.
Darkness I read this today...just fyi.

The shift of the workload in the Ravens backfield appears on hold, as Chester Taylor appears on the injury report at the end of the week with an ankle injury. For now, it looks like Jamal Lewis will shoulder the load against a Cincinnati defense that allows 121 yards per game on the ground. Those carrying Lewis in a bench position should watch this closely, as this stands as one of his strongest opportunities for a serviceable game if he's left alone in the backfield.

For the rest of you the problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard. I can't believe that out of 10,000,000 sperm, you guys were the quickest.

I'd like to see things from Rik and Paal's point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my arse.

Rik Meleet
27-11-2005, 18:02

I'd like to see things from Rik and Paal's point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my arse.I'll help you with that.

Pastorius
27-11-2005, 18:13
Now we're talking

The only thing though, you re taking it out on Rik and I, not on Darkness

Whomp
27-11-2005, 18:22
Darkness and I will let the cards play out on the field. The scoreboard will tell the story. There's no reason to give Darkness' players bulletin board material to get them fired up before the game even starts. These players know....even if it's subliminally. [:P]

Darkness
27-11-2005, 21:38

The shift of the workload in the Ravens backfield appears on hold, as Chester Taylor appears on the injury report at the end of the week with an ankle injury. For now, it looks like Jamal Lewis will shoulder the load against a Cincinnati defense that allows 121 yards per game on the ground. Those carrying Lewis in a bench position should watch this closely, as this stands as one of his strongest opportunities for a serviceable game if he's left alone in the backfield.

Unfortunately I only just came home, so no chance of substituting anymore.... :(

But thanks anyway... :)

Darkness
27-11-2005, 22:07
Hey Whomp,

Are you trying to lose or something? ;)
Why are you playing guys that score negative points (Michael Bennett)? :D

Darkness
28-11-2005, 11:14
Doesn't look good for me...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/20051128111253_monday.jpg
87.47*KB

Only monday's game remaining, and I've only got the Pittsburgh defense in that game, which will probably be torched by Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne (who happen to be on Whomps roster) & their teammates.

I guess I'll just have to hope my 23.12 point lead will hold up....

Whomp
28-11-2005, 15:43
Great games from Rudi and Torry. The QB throwing to Holt for St. Louis was the first player from Harvard to play in the NFL. The dude looked like Joe Montana slinging the ball around.

I need about 3 TD's from Manning and Wayne to stay in it or else I'm in deep dukey.

Darkness
28-11-2005, 16:03

I need about 3 TD's from Manning and Wayne to stay in it or else I'm in deep dukey.

Unfortunately Peyton's very well capable of throwing for three (or more) TD's on just about any defense, including the Steelers' D... :(

Darkness
29-11-2005, 08:39
:D:D:D

No official results yet, but Peyton got 245 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT, for a total of 14.9 points and Reggie Wayne got 62 yards for 3.1 points.
The Steelers D got 1 INT and 2 sacks plus 26 points against, for a grand total of 4 points.
This makes the net result 18 points for Whomp and 4 for me. I was ahead by 23, so: Darkness wins!!!!! [dance][dance][dance][party][party]

The quest for the playoffs continues!

Pastorius
29-11-2005, 08:43
Damn. Somebody turn on the lights

Congrats dood.
So, this is like fantasy american rugby, right?

Darkness
29-11-2005, 08:46

Damn. Somebody turn on the lights

Congrats dood.
So, this is like fantasy american rugby, right?

That's one way of calling it, yes.... :D

Darkness
29-11-2005, 13:44

Now, if I beat you, I've also got a 4 game winning streak. Which would make this thing come full circle, as Fred kicked my ass in week 4.

I must have some predictive abaility.... :D

It is official:
The Dark Demons beat BA's Massive Whompus by 9+ points... :)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/2005112913429_Whompdarkness.jpg
115.99*KB

The news isn't all bad for Whomp though... Even if he slipped down from 2nd to 6th in the standings, he still clinched a playoff spot:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/20051129134313_Standings.jpg
121.49*KB

But look who's looming large in Whomps' rearview mirror? :D
If I win next week I'm in the playoffs, if I loose it depends on the other results...
Not too bad at all for a rookie... [cool]

Whomp
29-11-2005, 15:31
Congrats to the Dark Demons! Glad I could help in your quest to the playoffs.

I thought I was going to make the Demons sweat when on Manning's first play of the game he tossed a 80 yard touchdown (not to Reggie Wayne). As the game developed it was apparent Indianapolis was going to play their usual ground control dominating game. Edgerrin James had 29 carries and Manning was simply efficient. This does not bode well for Super Jack.

Since Indianapolis is undefeated the pressuere is mounting for an undefeated season through to the Super Bowl. Only the Miami Dolphins have accomplished this. It will be interesting to watch if anyone can make them work for a win. If this happens Manning will produce some big numbers.

Darkness needs to win this week vs. the 6-6 Nike Swooshes because the Bunnies of Death play the Flailing Flamingos who are simply horrid losing 9 straight. The Aussie based Demented Drop Wombats play Puffy Magic Dragon who have lost 4 in a row. Fred's Freaks gets the toughest matchup playing the formidable Roger's Collarbone.

Good luck Darkness may we clash in the playoffs so I may avenge my loss!!

Darkness
29-11-2005, 16:01
Thanks Whomp! :)

Yes, I've got a tough match-up this week.
Those Swooshes have got some damn good players!

Trent Green, Edgerrin James, Tony Gonzalez... :(
And the Tampa Bay defense, which plays turn-over prone Aaron Brooks' New Orleans Saints...

I'd love to meet you again in the play-offs. That'd mean I'd reach the playoffs, so that would be great!

But, at least I've got a winning season (which was my goal on my first try at this game)...

Darkness
01-12-2005, 12:15
Week thirteen coming up...

Seems you got a pretty tough match up there, Whomp...
You're opponent has got Matt Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander, Steven Jackson and Jeremy Shockey. Pretty good team.

Since last week was the third time that Chester Taylor was declared inactive shortly before kick off, I've kind of had it with him. :( Just to be safe I'm starting Drew Bennett next week. Who knows, he just might score. After all, he's already scored a few times on Indy's D in his carreer. Off course, that was before Indy's D actually started playing D... :(

Darkness
05-12-2005, 09:53
Well, I lost, so no playoffs for me... :(
Seems like the monday-nighter will decide it for your seeding in the playoffs.

Darkness
06-12-2005, 15:53
:(

Well, the Fantasy Football league ended with Darkness in 9th place (7-6 record, 748.80 points)
Unfortunately, only the top 8 go to the playoffs, and no.8 has the same record as I do. But he also has 9.83 points more.... :(

Looks like I'll be cheering for Whomp from the sideline now...

[cheerl][cheerl][cheerl][cheerl][cheerl][cheerl]

Whomp
06-12-2005, 17:29
Thanks Darkness. I'm limping into to this game and have a tough matchup for the first round. I will post my predictions in the CFC thread. If anyone cares I can post my prediction here.

sanabas
07-12-2005, 08:16
The wombats will roll over everybody. No worries at all. Aussies know more about sport than anyone, including 'american rugby', this will just continue to prove it.

Note: knowledge of all this stuff doesn't mean we can actually play rugby, our national team was Ironcladesque this season.

I was going to get very cranky about the earlier trashtalk labelling me a yank, but it got corrected quickly, so it's ok.

Darkness
12-12-2005, 09:52
Congrats Whomp!

If Warrick Dunn doesn't score -20 points tonight, you're in the semifinals!

[cheerl][cheerl][cheerl][cheerl]

Whomp
12-12-2005, 16:59
Thanks Darkness. Now we'll see if the mad Aussie can face me in the next round. [:p] He has his work cut out for him tonight. I'd think he needs a defensive TD to pull it out. I guess he'd like to see W. Dunn explode and Mr. Selfish M. Vick just hand off. I doubt Mr. Selfish will do that in front of a national audience on Monday Night Football.

In other news, I made a bet against Admiral Kutzov on the Bears-Steelers game and da bears let me down. I need to send him a Arizona Wildcat hat now.

Darkness
12-12-2005, 17:07

In other news, I made a bet against Admiral Kutzov on the Bears-Steelers game and da bears let me down. I need to send him a Arizona Wildcat hat now.

Any specific reason that the bet was for a Wildcats hat? Did you or he attend the Univ. of Arizona or something?

BTW: the Bears let me down too. I was really counting on their D to beat the Steelers. That's why I picked them in the prediction league... They sure picked a bad day to be a just average D. :(

Whomp
12-12-2005, 23:06
No doubt the bears were manhandled. I did go to Arizona and Admiral went to Penn State so our bet was uni hats. I didn't want a Steelers hat! :)

Darkness
31-08-2006, 14:59
major [bump]

Starting this season's trash talk early, I guess...?

The draft is coming up. :)
Unfortunately I'm drafting 14th :(
Whomp's a bit luckier, he's drafting 8th...

I'm hoping to do better this year. Finishing 9th really sucked. I missed the playoffs by less than 10 points... :(

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 15:06
meh.. is there more room in the fantasy league? I haven't ever done a fantasy team, but wouldn't mind showing off a bit of beginners luck

Darkness
31-08-2006, 15:23
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

meh.. is there more room in the fantasy league? I haven't ever done a fantasy team, but wouldn't mind showing off a bit of beginners luck

Sorry Tubby. It's full.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=176654

BCLG100
31-08-2006, 15:50
ok i see what you mean darkness this is some of the worst trash talking i have ever seen! cummon you 2 step it up a gear

Whomp
31-08-2006, 21:56
Very nice bump Darkness!! [charge]

Tubs you could do my CFC draft if you wanted. I'm going to have Yahoo pick for me otherwise.

I have a special thing going Tuesday, the Yahoo draft and my Joe Don Looney draft Wednesday night(we were told to bring extra $1 bills for our special waitress and draft board operator) [groucho] , the Lake Shore Fantasy League Thursday night and the Purple Pier Party Friday. My liver will be 102 years old when I'm done.[guiness]

OK Darkness let's roll these guys this year. I expect to see you[mwaha] in the playoffs this year. You has a good rookie year however you need to overcome the sophomore jinx.

Jericho Hill said he'd make a spreadsheet for me however I haven't seen shit.

Darkness
31-08-2006, 22:19

Jericho Hill said he'd make a spreadsheet for me however I haven't seen shit.

I fear he may be more talk than substance. He's got an "expert" attitude (but I can't deny he's got some good tips).

I'm working on my own spreadsheet now.

Playoffs are my goal this year, but we'll see how it goes. :)

Pastorius
31-08-2006, 22:24
Geez you bunch of pussies

Pastorius
31-08-2006, 22:24
My 86 year old grandmother makes better trashtalk than you guys

Whomp
31-08-2006, 23:10
Hey Paal!! That's :bs

and to top it off :fu bezatch wannabe Pita bread loving kebab lookin' mofo!!
When we have our teams it will be time for a smackdown!

Darkness I doubt I'll get anything from JH but anytime I can be delegate the initial work and then improve it with the Whomperanswer key afterwards works for me.

BCLG100
01-09-2006, 03:20
your meant to be trash talkin with each other!!!! paal is the leetest outa the lot of you and he aint even playin the damn game-though if he was he'd kick you 6 ways on sunday!

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 04:22
Whomp thanks for the offer, but I really don't follow NFL very closely but I'll pay attention this year so that I can be more informed next year... You know how I am about learning stats and reasons why things happen. I just don't follow through as well as I should

Darkness
01-09-2006, 09:48

Darkness I doubt I'll get anything from JH but anytime I can be delegate the initial work and then improve it with the Whomperanswer key afterwards works for me.

I absolutely agree. :)
BTW, if you do receive anything, could you let me know? It'd be damn helpfull to have another persons perspective to compare to my own lists...

Whomp
01-09-2006, 17:22
You got it Darkness. I may have to give him a friendly reminder since it's a 3 day weekend in the U.S. [:p]

And Simon stay out of it. Back to the kids pool for you.

Pastorius
01-09-2006, 19:53
Whompie and Darkness sitting in a tree...etc etc

You couldn't trash talk if your lives depended on it.

Pastorius
01-09-2006, 19:53
I must say I want to know what the whomperanswer key is though [hmm]

Whomp
01-09-2006, 21:01
Blah blah. Sometimes you need to act like you've been there before as I've stated in this thread...however I'll trash talk you non entities all I want.

The answer key is what your teachers have when the grade the tests. All the corrects answers.

Darkness
05-09-2006, 13:05
Interesting draft last night.
The Irish drafting Davis with the 32nd overall pick was hilarious of course... [lol]

You took a bit of a risk taking James 8th overall, IMHO. He's a great player, but he needs a line to block for him, and the only newcomer on the Cardinals line (from last year) is Milford Brown, who played on the Texans line last year... But maybe James will surprise us all.

How do you feel about your roster? I like mine. A bit tricky with Bulger at QB, but I got a great TE, 2 good RB's and a nice set of WRs. Nice kicker too. The Bengals are going to score a ton of points, so I was kind of surprised to see 6-8 kickers go off the noard before Graham... Maybe he'll get less FGs this year, but the number of XPs should be great, considering the talent in that offense.

BTW: You took the defense I wanted right from under my nose. I was seriously considering the Jacksonville defense six picks after you took them. Now I had to settle for the Dallas defense. :(;)

Pastorius
05-09-2006, 13:28

The Irish drafting Davis with the 32nd overall pick was hilarious of course... [lol]

You took a bit of a risk taking James 8th overall, IMHO. He's a great player, but he needs a line to block for him, and the only newcomer on the Cardinals line (from last year) is Milford Brown, who played on the Texans line last year... But maybe James will surprise us all.

How do you feel about your roster? I like mine. A bit tricky with Bulger at QB, but I got a great TE, 2 good RB's and a nice set of WRs. Nice kicker too. The Bengals are going to score a ton of points, so I was kind of surprised to see 6-8 kickers go off the noard before Graham... Maybe he'll get less FGs this year, but the number of XPs should be great, considering the talent in that offense.

BTW: You took the defense I wanted right from under my nose. I was seriously considering the Jacksonville defense six picks after you took them. Now I had to settle for the Dallas defense. :(;)

Trash talk for nerds

Darkness
05-09-2006, 14:18

Trash talk for nerds

Would be you prefer if I'd ask Whomp to rename the thread? [crazyeye]

Pastorius
05-09-2006, 16:04
Nono. But more trashtalk please [begging]

Whomp
05-09-2006, 18:37
I hate my team...then again every draft I've had for the last 19 years I've hated my team even the champions. [lol]
I think I did ok. A lot hinges on Edge's production and DeAngelo's chances to play every Sunday. He's got the pedigree so we'll see. The Davis pick was defintitely a rookie mistake. It doesn't sound like he knew. I'll post my team later when I can get on yahoo.

Robboo
05-09-2006, 21:08
This is trash talk...simply pathetic.

Remind me next year(if their is openings) so i can show you weak old ladies how to play fantasy football. Your trash talk isnt even rough for sitting aroudn a knitting club..pansies

Darkness
06-09-2006, 09:03
Hey Whomp,

I just saw in the schedule that this year we don't even play eachother.
So this really has got to be your lucky year... ;)

Pastorius
06-09-2006, 09:27

I hate my team...then again every draft I've had for the last 19 years I've hated my team even the champions. [lol]
I think I did ok. A lot hinges on Edge's production and DeAngelo's chances to play every Sunday. He's got the pedigree so we'll see. The Davis pick was defintitely a rookie mistake. It doesn't sound like he knew. I'll post my team later when I can get on yahoo.

Nono. You are not supposed to trashtalk yourself. [crazyeye]

Hey Whomp,

I just saw in the schedule that this year we don't even play eachother.
So this really has got to be your lucky year...

[goodjob] That's more like it

Darkness
26-09-2006, 10:30
You're sliding down the standings, Whomp...
Even I've passed you now, and I started this season 0-2... :D
trying to hit the cellar as soon as possible? ;)

You've got a tough call this week. Better keep a close eye on the Cardinals' situation. There are lost of rumours about Green benching Warner for Leinart.

romeothemonk
26-09-2006, 13:55
You guys had a FF league without asking me.

BOOO!!!

I know more football than all of you combined.

I am the king of football.

(But I still cheer for the Vikings, so something is wrong)

Darkness
26-09-2006, 14:19
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

BOOO!!!

Right... [crazyeye]

But why don't you show us how much you really know about football
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=184797 ;)

Whomp
26-09-2006, 15:58
3 pretty tough games for me out of the gate but 1-2 is unacceptable.

Warner is a complete and utter bum. 8 fumbles already? He's got girly hands. WTF! I think I need a new drafting rule for any player who points at the sky doesn't understand the big picture that football is football and leave the other junk out of the game. Fecking pussy. Linehart gets the hotties and has skills. Give me Linehart.

Darkness what are your needs? I have too many Cardinals on my team....

Darkness
26-09-2006, 16:40

I have too many Cardinals on my team....

It's not that bad... You only have Warner, James and Leinart, right?

At the moment I think I don't have any needs. Well, no glaring needs anyway.

QB - Bulger (STL) and Johnson (MIN). Both solid QB's and when Bulger gets a better feel for the new offense that Linehan has introduced, he'll be good. We already saw some of that last sunday. Now all I'm asking is a few more TD's
RB - McGahee (BUF), Jordan (OAK), Smith (BAL) and Jones-Drew (JAX). MCGahee hasn't scored yet, but he already has 300 yards rushing. Smith is Lewis' primary back-up, and should see the field on 3rd down. Jones-Drew had a huge game last weekend (unfortunately he was on my bench), and Taylor will get injured at some point during the season (he's not called "Fragile Fred" for nothing) and then Jones-Drew will start. Jordan has been a massive bust so far, but Oakland's facing Cleveland and San Francisco next, so he should improve on his dismal numbers.
WR - Johnson (CAR), Coles (NYJ), Henry (CIN), Walker (DEN) and Curtis (STL). I am loaded here. Curtis has disappointed so far. But the other four are doing just fine. Henry's the only one with less than 200 yars, but he's got 2 TD's already. Walker has also got two scores. Coles has 330+ yards and a score already.
TE - Crumpler (ATL) and Johnson (SF). Crumpler's doing OK. About 100 yards and a score, and Johnson's value just went up with Vernon Davis' injury. Davis is out for a few weeks. Good timing for me, since Crumpler will be on the bye in week 5.
K - Graham (CIN), Carney (NO). Graham kicks for one of the most potent offense in the game. So he'll get his kicks, even if they are XP's. Carney's doing OK as well, with a few long FG's so far.
DEF - Dallas. They were on the bye this week, so I played New Orleans' defense. That didn't hurt either.

I think I am just going to see how it goes for a few weeks. I feel like I am just hitting my stride actually.

BTW: I am playing Zapp this week, who'll be minus his first rounder, as Shaun Alexander broke his foot last week. Tough for him, but fortunate for me. :)

Robboo
26-09-2006, 18:46
One of you should pick up The Saints second WR. In yahoo he is listed as a WR/TE so you can flex him into a TE roll. He has been tearing it up adn was over a hundred last night and has 2 touchdowns. Colston..I think is how his name is spelled.

Whomp
26-09-2006, 19:25
Already done Rob. It's picked clean as far as free agents go. I can't get into yahoo from work but I'll give grades to my team later. My teams in the other leagues I'm in look pretty good so far though I have Alexander on one of those teams.

romeothemonk
27-09-2006, 01:06
Hmm, i suspect a challenge.

However, I no longer visit CFC, so it will be held undone.

Darkness
27-09-2006, 09:36
quote:Originally posted by Robboo

One of you should pick up The Saints second WR. In yahoo he is listed as a WR/TE so you can flex him into a TE roll. He has been tearing it up adn was over a hundred last night and has 2 touchdowns. Colston..I think is how his name is spelled.

It's a 16 team league Rob, so the free agent market is pretty much non existant. Though I did manage to pick up Eric Johnson on monday...

bed_head7
27-09-2006, 11:18

BOOO!!!

Perhaps a CDZ FF league next year? Though I don't follow football too much anymore, I love playing fantasy football. I just got kind of tired of playing people I don't know.

Darkness
27-09-2006, 11:43
quote:Originally posted by bed_head7

BOOO!!!

Perhaps a CDZ FF league next year? Though I don't follow football too much anymore, I love playing fantasy football. I just got kind of tired of playing people I don't know.

[goodjob]
I'm in! :)

Darkness
02-10-2006, 10:28
Come on Whomp, you can do better than this! You just got killed by 70 points by a guy who missed half the draft because his internet-connection fried... [crazyeye]

BTW: Congrats on the huge Bears win. Seems like the reverse psychology helped... :)

romeothemonk
10-10-2006, 00:29
Just to brag about my dominance.

In my workplace, we have a weekly pickoff. I picked every Sunday game correctly.

I Rule. WOOT.

Told y'all I know football

Darkness
10-10-2006, 09:40

Just to brag about my dominance.

In my workplace, we have a weekly pickoff. I picked every Sunday game correctly.

I Rule. WOOT.

Told y'all I know football

Not really a big accomplishment... ;)
In the CFC prediction league we had 4 perfect scores this week, including me... :D
I am now 58-16 for the season... [blush2]

On another note:
Whomp got a very tough break in the CFC fantasy league. He scored the second highest point total this week. Nice result. His only problem: He played the guy with the highest point total this week...

Whomp now drops to 1-4... (15th place)
I got a win, lifting me to 3-2 (fifth place so far)...

Whomp
10-10-2006, 15:54
Good job Darkness!!!

My team stinks. I took a risk on the Cardinals thinking they'd continue their aerial assault this year. Instead I get a QB who is now benched and replaced by a rookie I can't start, their best WR is out for 3-5 weeks, a RB whose offensive line is the worst and to top it off they play the Bears this week! Sadness....

On the brighter side, my other two $ teams are doing really well and the Chicago Bears are the best team in football right now. :D

Darkness
16-10-2006, 10:18
4-2 now... :)

Whomp
16-10-2006, 18:24
Amazing. The two non-Americans rocking and rolling! Good job Darkness.

Darkness
24-10-2006, 22:04
This sucks! :(
I scored 120+ points and I still lost...
Bye-bye winning streak... [wavey]

Darkness
30-10-2006, 09:31
Ughhh...:(

Another loss for me.
I just got killed by 3 TD weeks from Reggie Wayne and LaDainian Tomlinson... My opponent is already leading by 50 points and he's still got the Minnesota defense and Chester Taylor in monday nights game.
I drop to 4-4... :(

Whomp's still got a shot to improve to 2-6. He's leading by 12 and the his opponent has got only Laurence Maroney in monday's game.

Good luck. :)

Whomp
31-10-2006, 02:01
Darkness I'm snake bit. In my other league I had a 40 point lead going into the Monday night game. I had Thomas Jones and A. Boldin and he had Rackers and......the Bears!!!

Those 3 defensive scores in the 4th quarter by the bears left me with a 1.4 point loss.
This week I lost by 0.1!!! There were two plays that stuck out. One was when Andre Johnson caught a pass for 11 yards to end the game (putting me in bonus zone) by they tried a hook and ladder play and lost 8 yards knocking me out of bonus zone....to top it off Julius Jones needed 2 yards to win it for me but they played Marion Barber at the end instead.....I can't catch a break.

Darkness
31-10-2006, 09:06

I can't catch a break.

Me neither these last two games. I scored 120 and 104 points the last two games, but my opponents countered with 135 and 173... :(

Most other weeks the 100-110 range is good enough for a win, especially on the bye weeks. Not this year, unfortunately...

Whomp won! He's out of the basement now...
Well, a bit anyway. Instead of being tied with one other team for the league's worst record, he's now tied with three teams for the league's worst record (2-6)... [blush2]

I'm sixth overal now with a 4-4 record, but next week I'm playing the no.2 Ironclads (7-1 record). Whomp is playing the Mighty Goats next week (3-5 record)...

Darkness
06-11-2006, 10:59
I am back in the playoff hunt after a whopping 40 point win over the Ironclad... (though I must admit that I was losing this before Javon Walker turned in his monster game :D)

Whomp's getting beat (again ;)). He needs a monster game from Randy Moss on monday night as he's trailing by 41 points. Not going to happen. Oaklands QB isn't good enough and Moss is tanking anyway...

Sorry Whomp, but your season appears to be over... :(

Whomp
06-11-2006, 15:48
RaMo is lame-o. My team stinks so I keep qualifying it by saying how sweet my other teams (one has Javon Walker too!!!) are and that I'm still alive in the last man standing pool.

I'm behind you 100% Darkness I'd like to see you knock off some of those smug little punks. [:p]

Darkness
06-11-2006, 15:52

and that I'm still alive in the last man standing pool.

Still 3 people remaining? Or did anyone miss this week?

Whomp
06-11-2006, 17:11
Nope.
Two of us took the Giants (phew) and the other person took the Chargers.

Darkness
10-11-2006, 17:02
I've got a bad feeling about this week... :(
McGahee is out with broken ribs and I really need a win this week, because my schedule toughens up considerably after this week.

Funny though: I always hear a lot of advice about picking RB's in the first two rounds, so I did that this year, and look what happens. My first rounder (LaMont Jordan) is one of the biggest busts this season and has been parked on my bench and my second rounder (Willis McGahee) is now out for 2-4 weeks (and he wasn't scoring any TD's anyway).
My biggest difference makers were my QB (Marc Bulger, 3rd round) and my WR's (Javon Walker, 4th round and Laveraneus Coles, 4th round). I will obviously never pick two RB's in the first two rounds again... [crazyeye]

Whomp
10-11-2006, 20:26
Good luck Darkness.

It's funny you mention that regarding RB's. It seems there are a couple elites and then they drop off huge. It seems the biggest value was was picking up players that were hurt last year or where a team had O line changes.
Javon Walker and Donovan McNabb are putting most fantasy teams on the top.
Cincy and Seattle's O line's have decimated the fantasy numbers for their players because of some O line players lost.

Pastorius
11-11-2006, 08:34
:uhoh

Someone has taken out the trash, cause it's just not here :sad2

BCLG100
11-11-2006, 15:11
who says 'good luck' in a trash talking thread and means it!!!!

Whomp
11-11-2006, 20:12
I really don't like trashing Darkness since he and I are on the same page 100% of the time in the NFL thread trashing the Cowgirls.

Darkness
12-11-2006, 09:37

I really don't like trashing Darkness since he and I are on the same page 100% of the time in the NFL thread trashing the Cowgirls.

[lol]

Zarn just basically has blinders on when it comes to his beloved cowgirls...:D

Darkness
13-11-2006, 09:12
Hey Whomp: We're both winning this week! :D

Whomp
13-11-2006, 15:32
Good work Darkness! Yesterday was insane both fantasy wise and upset wise.

I took Jacksonville in the last man standing pool, another took New England and the last person took Denver. I hedged Jacksonville by betting Houston straight up (odds) and later bet the 2nd half of the Denver game so I didn't win the pool but ended up making out ok.

Darkness
13-11-2006, 15:59

I took Jacksonville in the last man standing pool

Why????[???]

Houston owns Jacksonville! The Texans are 6-4 all time against the Jaguars and 15-48 against the rest of the league...

I probably would've taken Denver, but with Plummer throwing 3 picks and an overall mediocre game for the Broncos it was actually a lot closer than I had expected.

Indeed a pretty strange week. Big upsets by Cleveland, NY Jets, San Francisco and Miami. Almost upsets by Buffalo, Tennessee and St. Louis. A huge score-fest with Cincinnati falling to San Diego 41-49...

I'm just happy that Marc Bulger picked this week to have a bad game (fantasy-wise that is, because I always want the Rams to win)... Most of the time Bulger gives me about 20-25 points. Now I got 7.

Whomp
13-11-2006, 16:33
I know...sadness. However, Houston hadn't won on the road since 2004. Jacksonville receivers must've dropped 10 passes of which 4 were deflected and intercepted. I ended up making out ok though because Houston was a 10 1/2 point underdog and they were paying 3.5x to win straight up. The other person took NE so we were both done unless Oakland beat Denver.

Oakland was winning 13-7 at half so I added to that by betting Denver for the 2nd half. They were 7 point favorites for the half so the only way I could lose is if they pushed by winning by 1 point. If Denver lost we're all still alive. They more than covered the 7 so she won the pool but I at least made some coin on my original $20 proposition.

I watched the SD game in total awe. Wow.

Darkness
13-11-2006, 16:43

I watched the SD game in total awe. Wow.

Me too. I already knew LT was good, but Rivers impressed me a lot. San Diego really knows how to develop QBs. First Drew Brees, now Philip Rivers. Who knows how Charlie Whitehurst will turn out? :)

Darkness
20-11-2006, 13:00
Unless Maurice Jones-Drew scores 45+ points tonight I will lose to the Psycho Bunnies... :(
And to top that off: My first round draft pick, LaMont Jordan, is likely out for the season with a knee injury. He was on the bench anyway... [rolleyes]

Whomp needs about 45 points from Plaxico Burress and the Jacksonville defense. Also not very likely to happen...

Not a good week.

Whomp
20-11-2006, 15:47
Dang. I thought I was having a reasonable week but once again LT decided to take the game in his own hands. RaMo is absolutely pathetic and that was with Brooks not Walter.

Darkness
20-11-2006, 16:12

Dang. I thought I was having a reasonable week but once again LT decided to take the game in his own hands.

I know the feeling. I had the same a couple of weeks ago...

RaMo is absolutely pathetic and that was with Brooks not Walter.

He's just not interested (in playing football for Oakland) anymore.
Maybe he'll pick it up somewhere else next year?

Whomp
20-11-2006, 17:59

RaMo is absolutely pathetic and that was with Brooks not Walter.

He's just not interested (in playing football for Oakland) anymore.
Maybe he'll pick it up somewhere else next year?
It's a risk for any playoff caliber team. It's obvious his talent is enormous but who's willing to risk team chemistry for an angry child? Dallas? I guess....could you imagine those two together? Ikes. Let me go on record and say there's no freakin' way I want him in Chicago. Ever.

Darkness
05-12-2006, 12:48
I made the playoffs! :)

I limped in on a 3-game losing streak, as the number 6 seed.
My final record is 6-7. Three teams with losing records are in the playoffs. Pathetic... [lol]

Whomp ended up 15th, with a 4-9 record...

Next up for the Dark Demons: the number 3 seeded Psycho Bunnies (10-3). Projections have me getting my ass kicked by over 20 points... [crazyeye]

Whomp
05-12-2006, 15:32
Parity is the name of the game!! It looks like the NFC!

Congrats Darkness and go get Sanabas. I wish you two would meet later and show these American kids the way it's done.

Darkness
11-12-2006, 12:03
I am apparently peaking at the right time. 120+ points already, with Marc Bulger yet to play. Sanabas has fewer points (2-3 points difference) than I do, and he hasn't got anyone in monday's game. Should I bench Bulger out of fear for negative points? He is playing against the Bears' defense after all...

Darkness
11-12-2006, 13:03
A picture's worth a thousand words... :D

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/200612111332_PB.jpg
120.38KB

Whomp
11-12-2006, 20:38
You have no downside benching Bulger since you win without him. Whomp says bench the bum. Great win Darkness! The fact you held off Brees is amazing. I think he or LT are on every single one of the best fantasy teams I've seen.

Darkness
12-12-2006, 09:38

You have no downside benching Bulger since you win without him. Whomp says bench the bum. Great win Darkness! The fact you held off Brees is amazing. I think he or LT are on every single one of the best fantasy teams I've seen.

I did... :)

Big problem though: The team I face in the semi's has LT.... :(

Darkness
12-12-2006, 15:30
Semi-final match-up

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/20061212152915_BD.jpg
149.03*KB

LT's the difference-maker here...
I'm going to need extra good games from some of my guys.

Keyshawn is slumping a bit, so I am considering starting Chris Henry instead... Yahoo projects him for slightly more points, but he is a risk (very inconsistent and a no3 wide-out)... Any thoughts?

Whomp
12-12-2006, 15:46
I think you can bank on the Cin/Ind game being a high scoring one. You also have to ask yourself...would you rather have Carson Palmer throwing the ball or Chris Weinke? The team I'd be concerned about is OAK. Their defense has been unreal against the pass. Do you have another option at QB?

Darkness
12-12-2006, 16:14

I think you can bank on the Cin/Ind game being a high scoring one. You also have to ask yourself...would you rather have Carson Palmer throwing the ball or Chris Weinke? The team I'd be concerned about is OAK. Their defense has been unreal against the pass. Do you have another option at QB?

True. Palmer to Henry sounds more appealing than Weinke to Johnson.

I have Joey Harrington... [blush2]
Better stick with Bulger I think, especially since he had 350 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT against Chicago. So he should be able to get some points against Oakland...

romeothemonk
13-12-2006, 02:01
I like Weinke to Johnson. The Pit secondary is beat to hell right now, and a new QB likes a big possesion receiver.

Cinncy will keep the ball on the ground vs Indy.

Your opponent is a dumbass having Colston in his lineup. INJURY SLOW, plus Bush is asserting himself finally.

LT is tough to beat, but having Drew-Jones have another monster game will negate that.

Darkness
13-12-2006, 08:51

I like Weinke to Johnson. The Pit secondary is beat to hell right now, and a new QB likes a big possesion receiver.

Judging from the Giants-Panthers game Weinke likes Drew Carter (8-144, TD) more than either Smith (5-67) or Johnson (5-51)...

Cincy will definately run a lot, but I think it'll end up as a high scoring game, and as soon as Indy puts eight in the box, then Palmer will spread it out in 3 or 4 wide, which will mean opportunities for Henry...

I'll keep my options open for a bit...

Whomp
13-12-2006, 16:11
I still lean towards playing Henry. Indy needs to win which tells me the game will be a high scoring game. The fact remains that Steve Smith is the man and Keyshawn is old. Henry has explosion potential that Keyshawn never had.

Darkness
18-12-2006, 13:31
With only Bengals at Colts remaining....

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/20061218133049_BDmonday.jpg
131.31KB

He needs Reggie Wayne to score 20 points more than Chris Henry and Shayne Graham tonight.
I've got a good shot to win this! :)

Whomp
18-12-2006, 18:30
That is huge! Jones-Drew and Coles came up big! It would be amazing if you beat him with the night LT had! I need Wayne to be shut down too Darkness. In my other league I'm up 82-62 and I have Vinateiri and he has Manning, Harrison and Graham. In this league 10-12 is a big score for a QB so I have a good shot unless they hook up for a long one.

Darkness
19-12-2006, 10:21
It was too close for comfort...
I had a 19.4 point lead

Bunnies:
Reggie Wayne had 7 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD = 21.4 points

Demons:
Chris Henry had 0 catches = 0 points
Shayne Graham had 3 field goals and an extra point = 10 points

So, I win by 8...

I am in the finals :D

Whomp
19-12-2006, 15:46
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Good show even though I let you down with Chris Henry's display. This is it. What's the plan?

Darkness
19-12-2006, 17:35
The plan is to go back to Keyshawn...
Henry's a risky play. Keyshawn will get his 4-5 catches and 50-60 yards. Henry is just as likely to catch 6 balls for 100 yards and a score as he is to go catchless like this week...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/darkness/20061219173424_FFFinals.jpg
122.6*KB

Projections have me leading by 2-3 points. I just hope Steven Jackson doesn't kill me. After LT he is the most productive running back in the league...

romeothemonk
20-12-2006, 02:23
Washington has a decent Run Defense. I favor you as Ahman green has a habit of laying eggs against MN, plus Crumpler is due for about 3 TD's.
Just my opinion, but I think I said Johnson last week.

Whomp
20-12-2006, 04:24
I'm not sure how he's 12-1? Balanced I guess. I like your chances a lot Darkness and benching Henry against Denver makes sense.

Darkness
20-12-2006, 09:41
@Romeo: Crumpler being due for some scores all depends on which Michael Vick shows up for the game. His inconsisten performance makes his receivers inconsistent as well.

Darkness
29-12-2006, 10:46
I won!!!! :D
By about 10 points. Marc Bulgers' 380 yards and 4 TD's clinched it for me.

That must sting across the pond... :) 14 Americans (and one kangaroo) getting beaten by a European at one of America's favourite pastimes...

romeothemonk
29-12-2006, 14:26
I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather play one game of football than win 1000 fantasy leagues.

Whomp
29-12-2006, 15:30
Bah. When you're an old crumdgeon like me winning a fantasy league is pretty dang cool.
Good work Darkness! Quite an impressive feat winning against the #3, #2 and #1 seeds! Even better that you beat a bunch of 'muricans. [:p]

Darkness
16-10-2007, 13:05
So, Whomp, despite of the fact we play eachother in both the CFC league (in which we both suck) and the CDZ league (which just might be going in the right direction right now), shall we just agree not to "trash talk" eachother this week? Just to take it easy on the other forummembers, as they seem to be unable to handle our level of "trashtalking"... ;)

And on a side-note: Is there a rule at CFC where you (as a mod) can just ban someone because he's talking nonsense? That idiot from Dallas with his Texas-sized Cowboys-inferiority complex is getting on my nerves again... [tongue]

Matrix
30-05-2009, 01:17
Whomp's signature
How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?Obviously you have 25 times more beautiful women than potentially able presidents. [tongue]