PDA

View Full Version : cdz cup 7th ed. 3rd round

ProPain
16-11-2005, 18:16
And of course star midfielder Fabian gets kicked of the field again. Man this stinks. I have a big game coming up, hope this isnt too serious.

Mistfit
16-11-2005, 18:25
I did pay off ToFra to injure him enough that he couldn't play till after week 5 [devil]

Kemal
16-11-2005, 18:46
Did anyone notice the Codrutul D. - Yellow Boots result in Group D this morning?

9-0! [eek] [eek] [eek]

Really too bad for Codrutul that she missed the first 2 rounds of the Cup (though 2 rounds of national cup are of course a nice compensation), with such a performance Suca might have been in for a tough ride to 1st place. Well, he still might be of course...

Dell19
16-11-2005, 18:48
I lost 0-5 against a passable midfield and didn't really stand a chance.

Melifluous
16-11-2005, 18:56
I sent Yndy packin 5-0.

Admittedly I hadn't set my team [blush]

However my best defender gets to sit out the rest of the season (5 weeks [ouch])

[meli]

Mistfit
16-11-2005, 19:18
Eindhoven Energy - Mistfit's_Marauders 0 - 6

Used a tactic in this game... Never done that before...

I used pressing. I thought that was suposed to limit the # of scoring chances :D

I had 2 guys score hattricks... That never happens to me.

ProPain
16-11-2005, 19:19
2 weeks for Fabian, grrr. Sure hope he gets to bruised but playing in a week.

CRAP, THIS SUCKS!

Kemal
16-11-2005, 19:35
Well, at least you know you're not keeping those 10 doctors around on a permanent basis for nothing.. ;)

Melifluous
16-11-2005, 19:46
I keep 9 doctors on the books at all times anyways.

Cant be bothered with all this hiring and firing crap

But then I have just over 1.2 million pounds sitting in the bank.

Not sure what to do with it really...

Melifluous

Kingreno
16-11-2005, 20:00
I agree it sucks PP but you're not training PM, so why risk your best innerMid in a friendly?

arne1
16-11-2005, 20:40
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

2 weeks for Fabian, grrr. Sure hope he gets to bruised but playing in a week.

CRAP, THIS SUCKS!

He won't be missed next wednessday.:D For a change I have a completely healthy selection and because of my victory against crvena zvezda strijp I still have a shot at finishing in the first halve of my group. Hurray!

Dell19
16-11-2005, 20:48
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

I agree it sucks PP but you're not training PM, so why risk your best innerMid in a friendly?

I tend to play most of my backup players in my friendlies except for a defender that I prefer to keep in the team because he is the captain and SP taker.

Shabbaman
16-11-2005, 20:49
You got 29 players PP, surely there must be someone there to replace him ;)

ProPain
16-11-2005, 22:06
I play all my best players in the friendly because mu league really doesnt need em :)

And I do have a replacement sitting around so it's not too bad. What kinda puzzles me is that more often than not my good players tend to get injured where my average guys rarely suffer an injury. When my keeper was my best player he got hit quite often but after buying Fabian, my keeper has never been injured again and Fabian has been trice. Same goes for allard boote who's my best defender by far atm. (although now hopelessly out of form after his last injury)

I'm suspecting the 'who gets an injury routine' is far from random.

Apart from that: like Mel I permanently employ 10 doctors as I suffer a lot of injuries and I have 2M euro in the bank so I can always by a more than decent replacement. :)

yndy
17-11-2005, 06:28
Sorry Meli, when I saw the injury I thought "Maybe the player was not that good" but I guess I was wrong there.

Energy
17-11-2005, 08:01
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Eindhoven Energy - Mistfit's_Marauders 0 - 6

Used a tactic in this game... Never done that before...

I used pressing. I thought that was suposed to limit the # of scoring chances :D

I had 2 guys score hattricks... That never happens to me.

I had two guys score hattricks against me. That never happens to me! [aargh]

socralynnek
17-11-2005, 10:57
Lost vs Aristocats due to 2 counterattacks with 2-0.
That defense is a little to hard for me...

Kingreno
17-11-2005, 12:36
Hmm, playing a number of your A-players in a friendly more or less doubles the chance of them getting injurred, so no, I tend to save the biggest guns for the league.

ProPain
17-11-2005, 17:16
well, in your league that's fine and dandy cause you really need your big guns there. In my league even my b-squad is competitive. So I;m kinda bored and need new challenges, like the CDZ cup :)

Melifluous
17-11-2005, 17:24
quote:Originally posted by yndy

Sorry Meli, when I saw the injury I thought "Maybe the player was not that good" but I guess I was wrong there.

No worries Yndy.

I play my first team in the CDZ Cup because it means as much to me as the normal divisions. If I didnt want him injured he'd never play a match [:P]

[meli]

barbu1977
17-11-2005, 17:33
[cheerl] Yeah, Barbiers went on to their first CDZ Cup thanks to their 2 stars keeper.

Players are still drunk from yesterday's celebrations.[beer1]

ProPain
18-11-2005, 02:10
Fabian is already down to 1 week injury, so he'll appear in next weeks CDZ again :)

arne1
18-11-2005, 21:13
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Fabian is already down to 1 week injury, so he'll appear in next weeks CDZ again :)

Thanx for the warning. I'll put my CD on him, he is brutal[doomsol]