PDA

View Full Version : Dead game **Spoiler Civ4 "No dark borders"

Whomp
12-11-2005, 16:39
This game died due to patches.Don't peer in here if you are Tubby Rower or Admiral Kutzov.

This game starts with each of us playing random civs with 4 AI in the game. It's at noble since we don't know what the heck we're doing on this PBEM stuff.

Standard Continents, temperate, medium sea level, quick game speed.

I am Persians (creative and expansive) and here's my start. I decided to move the settler off the forest spot to the hill. I revealed some nice starting terrain. Since I have hunting and agriculture I think getting animal husbandry for the cows makes sense though pounding them with religion would be nice too. What to do...what to do...

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Whomp/20051112163510_1st civ4 pbem.JPG
74.39*KB

Pastorius
12-11-2005, 16:54
What are the other guys (traits)?

Depending on their starting techs, you could go for meditation (fairly quick IIRC) or "moo tech" - then polytheism

edit: me stoopid, they are randomized....

Whomp
12-11-2005, 18:02
Paal I couldn't see all the civs but looking at the wonder screen it seems Tubby is China. Mao is philosophical and organized and Qin Shi Huang is industrious and financial.

With my traits expansive a(+2 health and double speed on grans and harbors) with creative (+2 culture and double speeed on theatres and colosseums) it seems my best bet is to spam cities with those traits with immediate culture impact. A religion first may make sense.
My UU needs horses and the wheel but I don't see any of those yet. I gain some advantage over archery units which is good. I like fast units. Hmm what to do...what to do....

DavidC
13-11-2005, 14:46
I've found that the Persians were a powerful Civ in my first games, just like in Civ3 their UU is very efficient !
Because Wheel comes so early and Immortals can be used a long time, you cna build up an army of 10 to 15 of them and
roll over your nearest opponent very fast. Ideally choose one with no Spears and you are in with a win :D
Fuggad about the religious crap ;)