PDA

View Full Version : New map for Jack Merchant vs Aggie - MAP MADE

Aggie
11-05-2003, 18:02
Jack and me decided after 50 turns that we both had NO real chance on the map Meli made for us. Sorry Meli, but we were surrounded by AI and couldn't settle anymore after 4 cities :(

Could someone make a new one?

Deity PBEM, but with two settlers for the human players
Standard map
Large pangaea
Roaming barbarians

Please give us at least some space to grow. Being surrounded by AI is OK up to emperor, but on deity it's a bit too much.

Aggie will be France, Jack will play Russia.

prettyvacant
11-05-2003, 21:08
I have made a map as above.

However - although I have followed Meli's instructions the save game is for Aggie, who is Player 1, rather than admin. That isnt a problem of course but you (aggie) do have to put up with the password I gave France. Also you wont have admin but with only two human players does that matter?

This is the way i made a map for Meli and Dr Al - ask them if it's a problem.

I have triple checked and it is deity and you have the right number of units.

Also I dont know how to put a link on here so if you want the save file you need to email me at: horsefeathers49 at wildmail.com. I can then email it to Aggie with of course the password.

It is a carefully constructed and beautiful map with balanced starting positions, room to grow, and a little something which i hope will make you smile.

Aggie
11-05-2003, 21:18
[band]Thanks[band]

jack merchant
11-05-2003, 21:43
That start is indeed absolutely beautiful [love]

jack merchant
11-05-2003, 21:46
We encountered a slight problem with the map - the difficulty is still set to chieftain (the popup before the turn says so, also the AI's only have 10 points on the histograph after turn one).
Does anyone know how to fix that ?

Melifluous
11-05-2003, 21:56
Well if prettyvacant wants to send me the bix file...

I'll fix it for you... [}:)]

Melifluous

Melifluous
11-05-2003, 22:08
Update, Have mailed PV asking for the file...

Mel'll fix for you ...
and you and you and youououooooo.....

How's about that then

[groucho]

Melifluous

Aggie
11-05-2003, 22:23
I'm have no words to tell you how thankful I am [thumbsup]

jack merchant
11-05-2003, 23:07
[worship] Prettyvacant and Meli [worship]

prettyvacant
11-05-2003, 23:35
This is so frustrating at times; i played the game while setting it up and it was def Diety. However I opened it just now and it was chieftain.

I have emailed the bix file to meli. I have also emailed a new and improved sav file to aggie. This one says Diety when you open it. (Same password aggie). However i did notice that it has different AI civs involved; (presumably cos they are random everytime), but everything else is the same. You can try it or wait for meli, whichever you prefer.

Have fun.

Aggie
12-05-2003, 07:34
Thanks prettyvacant. I'm at work now, so I'll decide what to do with the save tonight :)

prettyvacant
12-05-2003, 13:12
aggie and jack

i have thoroughly tested the save i sent you, up to and including checking the AI built two towns. Meli will now not check the bix file as we reckon the save file will work fine.

To test fully I had to resign and im afraid the following image appeared (what's it worth to keep this quiet aggie?).

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/prettyvacant/2003512125232_aggie.JPG
119.6*KB

Aggie
12-05-2003, 14:13
PV, do I have to thank you or feel offended?

EDIT: Thanks PV, it seems that everything is OK now [hammer]

jack merchant
12-05-2003, 20:55
Works like a charm :) Thanks, prettyvacant ! I can't wait to see what you did to the map :)