PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider playable?

ProPain
24-10-2005, 21:22
Well lets kick of some MTG discussions. What do you guys consider a playable card?

- Is it pure mana vs. attack/defense ratings?
- Other characteristics, i.e. flyer, landwalk, fear, vigilance etc
- Mana abilities
- combinations.

Kemal
24-10-2005, 21:59
I think every card is playable, which kinda is the charm and strength of M:TG. Only those cards which provide effects that can be gained for less costs in the same colour should be deemed unplayable I think, and even then most of the times it is there because the other card is a rare.

However, some cards are more playable than others of course... Manabond, Relic Bind, Pale Moon, 98% of the Homelands expansion... I suppose these are cards that should qualify as "unplayable" (unfortunately, I possess multiple copies of some of those [lol]).

Shabbaman
24-10-2005, 23:47
Depending on the format, if it isn't a goblin or a psychatog, creatures are next to unplayable. The question should be more specific.

BTW, another forum without moderator, let's spam it [worship]

Banzai
25-10-2005, 00:32
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Depending on the format, if it isn't a goblin or a psychatog, creatures are next to unplayable.
Just wait till you face my dragon deck! It ownz! [charge]

Energy
25-10-2005, 09:15
If you want to play a card or not is probably depending on two things:
1) Does it fit your deck?
2) Is there a card with the same skills and less mana or the same mana and more skills available?

And depending on the color you play you can get a feel of what skills are worth how much mana. E.g. when playing a green deck, you should get more attack rating for your mana then playing a white deck.

Tubby Rower
26-10-2005, 09:26
What size deck is optimal for you? I try to have as few cards as allowed. I usuall put ~ 40% land in there. Is that about right? It's been ~ 5 years since I've played so I'm not sure what I'm doing and how much has changed since I played last.

Energy
26-10-2005, 17:15
Hi Tubby,

depending on the deck you have you should have like 20 to 26 mana for a deck of 60 cards.