PDA

View Full Version : RBCiv for Civ4

Socrates
24-10-2005, 10:50
The RBCiv community is waking up again ! :) Later this week its 2 major components will be launched : the Epic series and the RB SG series. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, RBCiv (Realms Beyond Civ) is a community whose purpose is to play the game according to a list of rules which exclude known exploits, and also which seek to play the game beyond the common way of playing it (restricting rules). The Epic series works a bit like CFC's GOTM : it's a single-player game that everyone plays in order to perform best but primarily to have fun and share experiences ; game reports are the first goal of this friendly competition. The SGs are SGs, just that they'll follow the RBCiv rules and often have some additional rules, like the Epics.

Question : What do you think you'll get involved in ?

Me : option 2

Links :
RBCiv site : http://www.realmsbeyond.net/civ/
RB forum : http://www.realmsbeyond.net/forums/
RB SG thread at CFC : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=132415

ProPain
24-10-2005, 11:18
Voted not interested at all, but that should be 'sounds good but no way I;m gonna have time to participate'

So I;m not gonna torture myself and look :)

bed_head7
24-10-2005, 11:39
I would like to be a part of the SGs, but from the sound of it a lot of the first ones will only be RBCiv veteran inclusive, and I imagine that those that are not will be snatched up by all of the complete newcomers, meaning I won't be playing an RB SG anytime soon. I did start getting interested in the epics just as they were winding down, so I will probably play those when I get the chance. When I will have the chance, I do not know.

digger760
24-10-2005, 13:27
I once played Epic 12 or 14 "Hollywood" but never submitted a report. I will never have time to participate in such activities.

Ginger_Ale
24-10-2005, 14:38
I will give the epics a shot even when I get writing reports, and possibly try a SG ... we'll see.

Matrix
24-10-2005, 19:17
Perhaps in the far future...

akots
24-10-2005, 19:22
I'd like to play a few SGs especially if Charis and JustusII return to forums.

Of course I will...someday...

Justus II
25-10-2005, 05:25
Actually saw Kryszcztov's post in the Civfanatics forum, and stopped in to see what he had posted over here. I hope to play in the SGs again, work has (unfortunately) consumed most of my time lately, and I have played very little Civ III (or any other games) in several months, but I hope to have a little more free time over the holidays, and give Civ IV a try.

@Akots: Hello there! Good to see you again. Definitely would like to join another SG with you. Haven't heard from Charis in a while, but I hope Civ IV brings him out of the shadows as well!

vbraun
26-10-2005, 08:14
Possibly...

Sirian
03-12-2005, 21:38
Those who don't have time to play are welcome to drop by when tournament games close and read some reports. Warning: Epics reports can be addictive!

- Sirian