PDA

View Full Version : **SPOILER*** Daghie's spoiler

Daghdha
18-10-2005, 08:41
OK, so Tubby has been kind enough to set up a pbem for Whomp, fe3333au, Admiral Kutzov and me....[beer1]
I've only played epics or SG's vs. AI before so this will be completely new. The exception to this is I'm part of team KISS in the multi team demo game @ CFC and there's where I met Tubbs and fe. Whomp was an early tutor in SG's and a very good one too. AK and I have bumped into eachother in other SG's.
Oh well, only manageing deity with a very good start I suspect this lot will be way too much to handle for me, but I will go down fighting, smiling and [cheerl]. I'm mostly in this to learn pbem mechanics and to have a good laugh.

MOD action::: added additional lines so that if someone accidentally clicks here that's not supposed to, they wouldn't see the pic.

Daghdha
18-10-2005, 12:20
This looks nice. No pressing reason to move settler so i pop in place. Highland Park founded. I set research -->IW at full speed.
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/daghdha/20051018121648_daghiesstart.JPG
41KB

Tubby Rower
18-10-2005, 12:58
Daggie, If you need some help just ask. There are a lot of VERY good players in this community. I'm not one of them. People like screenshots so keep those screenies coming.

Daghdha
18-10-2005, 14:00
Thanks KC, when I have learnt everything you can I will go bug someone else [hyper] .

My choise on going IW instead of Pot can of course be questioned. Reason is I've understood that pbem's often is bloody affairs and having a few Immo's can be a life insurance. I have a 2/3 chanse of having an opponent with later UU so if my continental neighbour isn't Whomper, then I'll go for some early [hammer] to make room. With Immo's I'm counting on pointy stickin' some techs. Hopefully neighbour believes me whacky enough to trigger a desp. GA [lol]. If AK is on My cont. I may try for a peaceful trade for Pot.....[smokin]..the rest is mm'ing

Tubby Rower
18-10-2005, 14:15
Remember this isn't AI. Humans can be spiteful if you attack them at the wrong time. I'd gift everything to another civ before I'd cave. Then you'd have a whole continent to defend which isn't too easy before rails. Despotical GA's aren't too fun in longer games.

Daghdha
18-10-2005, 16:18
quote:I'd gift everything to another civ before I'd cave.
That's what I'm hoping for knocking on the door with some i'mmos. I wouldn't attack in despot, but being an average player some might think I will, heh.

Pastorius
18-10-2005, 16:25
Highland park

yummy.

water. No ice

Daghdha
18-10-2005, 18:45
In epics all my cities are single malt ones [drunks1]
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/daghdha/20051018184426_highland.jpg
3.29KB

Beam
18-10-2005, 20:17
Dag, the main challenge is to outsmart your human opponents. Assume that they already know every easy trick as used against the AI.

Good luck, I plan to keep following this game!

Daghdha
18-10-2005, 22:24
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Dag, the main challenge is to outsmart your human opponents. Assume that they already know every easy trick as used against the AI.

Good luck, I plan to keep following this game!

I will appreciate every tip I get from more experienced players so you're welcome[thumbsup]. I have only begun to think in pbem terms in the multi team demo game at cfc and it is very challenging and lots of fun. The aggressive approach is because both Whomp and AK knows me as a rather careful gamer and more of a builder type. I assume they count on me to be that here too. Being a bully is just an initial line of thought and it might create some confusion [crazyeye]. I will asap seek for an alliance on the other continent. I suspect we're located to balance our UU's so romans won't be on My continent...we'll see.

akots
18-10-2005, 22:39
Well, you have a settler factory and great UU. What else one might even think of!

Daghdha
18-10-2005, 23:14
Hi akots, welcome to my spoiler [beer1]. We'll see about that set.fac. when Pot. is in. I'll have to go check Crackies opening plays thread @ cfc again. I seem unable to memorize terrain value and desp. penalty figures [blush]

killercane
19-10-2005, 04:05
quote:We'll see about that set.fac. when Pot. is in. I'll have to go check Crackies opening plays thread @ cfc again. I seem unable to memorize terrain value and desp. penalty figures
The simple rule for non-agricultural civs is if you have two grassland food bonus tiles (the wheat and wines here) (or a flood plains wheat) and the delicious bonus grass, you will have a 4 turn factory. You can even automate it with the governor. Good luck and keep us posted.

Also, you should spearhead a KISS movement to come help us eliminate Provolution and the Persians in the MTDG. Though I dont think we'll need much help ;).

Daghdha
19-10-2005, 08:14
@Killer
Maybe we would if only Captain Curragh of our Naval Dpt could make his soapdishes big enough to actually carry something, heh

Tubby Rower
19-10-2005, 12:50
Whomp was asking so I'm putting this in all of the threads. The map size is 80x80 and the coastal connection is something that you'll have to figure out. but all teams have the save amount of sea & ocean tiles between their nearest non-continental neighbor. Now you have to find the shortest route.

Daghdha
20-10-2005, 11:23
I wonder if the cool turn tracker thingy is too complicated for 3 idiots and Ozzy the Sheep? This should be rolling by now.
If I don't get to mine my wine soon [assw]

OK, so set.fac. reasoning: I need 5 xtra food at pop4. 2 from the city + 2 from irrigated wheat + 1 from irrigated wine makes 5. If other worked tiles make 2 food each I'm there...? If this is correct we can go the shield part in next class...:D

Tubby Rower
20-10-2005, 12:33
Werner (fe3333au) had a weekend get-a-way with a chick that he was persuing. I'm not sure when he was leaving but I'll try to catch him online and bug him.

Daghdha
21-10-2005, 07:42
I fucked up with the tracker so that's why I've sent 2 saves, but the only one that can be opened is the one I sent correctly to AK, right? I think Werner got my first one...

Tubby Rower
21-10-2005, 12:44
correct. I've already warned Werner that he might get a bunch of saves that aren't for him. As long as you sent it as yourself too (which you did) AK will get it and Werner can't open the one that he got anyway... unless he knows the admin or AK's pword.

Daghdha
21-10-2005, 13:45
A short briefing from the Gov. in Highland Park: The citizens in High P is delighted by the decision to soon road them wines. In fact, they have planned on holding a small celebration for when it's done. The people working the fields says wines has to be irrigated first and that all good things come to those who wait.