PDA

View Full Version : Away from the homestead

Tubby Rower
17-10-2005, 20:34
I'll be away on a work assignment starting Oct 24 through ~ Nov 15. I'm taking a laptop with civ on it and have loaded my ISP's software on it so that I can check email, goof off, and other miscellaneous stuff.

So if anything I might be able to play more. But I wanted to put this thread up so that if for some reason I don't check in after next Monday with my PBEM, you guys will know why.

I'll be working night shift 7pm- 7am 6 days a week. That leaves me 12 hours to goof around :).

Whomp
17-10-2005, 20:51
Dude just promise me you won't blow up Three Mile Island. K? [bomb]

grahamiam
17-10-2005, 22:13
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Dude just promise me you won't blow up Three Mile Island. K? [bomb]
[???] should I be worried?

Tubby Rower
17-10-2005, 22:24
No it'll just melt down... No explosions....The one that had a meltdown (Unit 2 I think) in th 1970s is still there. It just ain't ever going to run again. Basically what happened is that the core got so hot that the metal tubes that the fuel was in just melted away. All of the fuel pellets just went to the bottom of the vessel and ran un-controlled.

I've seen some websites that they've found some mutations around the area. But the thing that gets me is that Hiroshima and Nagasoki survivors are healthy as can be. I'd think that a nuclear explosion is a heck of a lot worse for life than a little meltdown and release of gas. But what do I know???

grahamiam
17-10-2005, 22:42
oh, i know the damaged reactor is still there. It'll never be used again and I'm not sure what will ever happen to it. I thought you were going there to go after 1 of the other 2 reactors :)
I have never heard of any mutations (sounds like bull). If you have a Rad Meter and stand directly outside the damaged reactor, you will not detect anything beyond normal backround radiation. The water is continuously checked for that stuff too (I have friends that work in Philly for the NRC, and they check Limrick as well as TMI among others).

Whomp
17-10-2005, 23:08
All I can envision is that one commercial where all the alarms are going off, people running around in full nuclear fallout gear. Substitute Tubby in with one of those other guys where they're arguing about the new Civ4 settler factory or something. Tubby finally presses a button, the alarms stop and everyone running around stops and breathes a sigh of relief. Tubby has saved the day and is back arguing about Civ4 settler factories.

Tubby Rower
25-10-2005, 00:29
OK I'm up here in PA now. The drive only took 5.5 hours with a half hour for lunch.

I'll post some pictures later with me and AK screwing around.

romeothemonk
25-10-2005, 01:45
I thought that Tubby Rower was a EE? If he were playing with 3 Mile Island wouldn't he be a nuke? Or is he a power engineer?
I might actually get to see a picture of the elusive AK.

Whomp
25-10-2005, 02:35
Romeo AK's son is bigger than AK is plus AK looks real smart..."not Tubby, Gman, Akots, Doc A., Rik Meleet, Banzai, Darkness, Krys, Paal, Meli, Ginger Ale, Banzai, Kemal, Kingreno, Ville, Beam, Markstar, Stapel, Propain, Killer, Barbu, Bed head or Romeo smart" but you know more a higher end whompsmart. Get IM so we can go hunt then you'll see a picture of him and Linebacker (his son) at a Penn St. game.

Tubby Rower
25-10-2005, 03:37
I'm mainly a programmer, but I helping out the Steam Generator services during this outage. I've done this 3 other times before so no big deal.

I'll be doing data management if anyone knows what that is

admiral kutzov
25-10-2005, 03:37
@ whomp, at least I'm not cheating

admiral kutzov
25-10-2005, 03:43
tubs, will u be teaching rails as well or starting US?

romeothemonk
25-10-2005, 05:23
Hey guys I do have MsN. AK has a son that plays for Penn St? HOLY COW. BIG TEN. BIG TIME. I got to get his lifting progam.
I actually think most of the people here are smart, probably smarter than me. I just have a God Given talent to remember lots of stuff, some of it actually pertaining to work/school.
I am competitive but I haven't won anything, or even been on a winning team in ages. I don't have that killer edge to win or even cutting edge smart.
I like hanging out at CDZ, as nobody gives me crap for lacking that killer edge. Now I am just rambling, again.

bed_head7
25-10-2005, 05:44
romeo, AK's son's username at CFC is Linebacker. I believe he is in the 11-14 range, so if he were playing for Penn St., that would be something indeed.

Whomp
25-10-2005, 06:12
quote:Originally posted by admiral kutzov

@ whomp, at least I'm not cheating

Dude I'm not the one who asked for a 6 cow handicap.
@ BedHead--Let him go, let him go he was on a roll!
@Romeo I got you on MSN now.

bed_head7
25-10-2005, 07:14
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

I am competitive but I haven't won anything, or even been on a winning team in ages. I don't have that killer edge to win or even cutting edge smart.

That applies to me as well, for the most part.

admiral kutzov
26-10-2005, 02:13
Linebacker just gave a verbal commitment to PSU for 2013

Tubby Rower
26-10-2005, 08:32
quote:Originally posted by admiral kutzov

tubs, will u be teaching rails as well or starting US?
What are you talking about???

btw, my day off was changed to Monday. That means that I won't have to have a potential day off the day that the job is done. That would have sucked big time if I was just wasting a day up here when I could have been traveling home.

grahamiam
26-10-2005, 14:35
so no get-together then? ah well, Thursday was turning out to be impossible for me anyways. I have to take the kids to a Halloween Parade and it doesn't start till 7:30PM. That's late for a 2yr old [eek]

admiral kutzov
26-10-2005, 22:52
maybe we'll meet up sunday for some football. thursday is trick or treat here as my lovely wife has just informed me

BTW, my C4 delivery date is now 11/1[charge]