PDA

View Full Version : Season 17 Round 5 results

Kemal
16-10-2005, 22:31
Snaken had a lucky break this round, I managed to get back from trailing a goal 3 times before poking in the winning 15 mins from time. Very happy with my season so far, doing much better than I expected. :)

quote:
23563 spectators arrived at de onoverwinnelijke Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. onoverwinnelijke tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Kullenmo - Wallström, Vafir, Flamstad - de Balogh, Säfbo, Tapia, Cleton, Nabergoj - Rasmussen, Hutchins.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Meesen, Balyon, Öztürk - Espinola, Halling, Lavie, Hansson - Billand, Kronskär, Catanã.

onoverwinnelijke were mostly trying to use their excellent skill at attacking on the flanks. The referee showed Snaken's Wilm Meesen the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 20th minute Mads Rasmussen almost put the home team one ahead on a cross coming in from the right, but the shot went just wide. In the 21st minute cheers broke out as Barry Hutchins found his way through the guests' central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for onoverwinnelijke. 24 minutes into the game Snaken's Per Kronskär found a gap in the home side's central defense and scored with a fabulous shot, making it 1 - 1. The teams went for a halftime break at 1 - 1. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 52 percent possession of the ball.

In the 56th minute cheers broke out as Barry Hutchins found his way through the guests' central defense line, clipping the 2 - 1 goal in for onoverwinnelijke. Jose Maria Espinola made one of his many fine passes from the wing into the middle in the 57th minute. Per Kronskär went to the air and hit the ball firmly with his forehead for Snaken. 2 - 2. Barry Hutchins gave his onoverwinnelijke the lead with 3 - 2, as he successfully challenged the guests' central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the keeper's right post. This third goal made a hat trick for Barry Hutchins. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, onoverwinnelijke's Engin Vafir got himself booked. 72 minutes into the game Snaken's Peter Billand found a gap in the home side's central defense and scored with a fabulous shot, making it 3 - 3. Some quick footwork on the left side of the field in the 78th minute left Snaken's Peter Billand completely free to score. 3 - 4 for the visitors. Snaken came close to extending their lead as Ristea Catanã delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Snaken, bringing the ball possession rate to 56 percent, dominated the battle.

onoverwinnelijke's best player was Engin Vafir. Mads Rasmussen was a disappointment, however. Snaken's best player was Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Wietse Balyon on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 4.

arne1
16-10-2005, 23:17
Congratulations, to you Kemal. I must say I did not do to badly either. Won 0-5 at the number 1, which is now eating my dust 3 points behind me and a worse goaldifference. I was a bit lucky though. And this guy is probably going to be replaced, becuase his last login was september 11th. So still on course for the title.

ProPain
16-10-2005, 23:47
quote:havinga - PP SV 0 - 5

View game: HT Live
Date: 16-10-2005 at 21:00
MatchID: 54491988
Arena: havinga Arena
Crowd: 17997

A scorching day at havinga Arena, where 17997 spectators were in place for today's match. havinga had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Fernández - Güldemet, Lardinois, Loenders - van Ingen, Bosserman, Aparecido, Maybanks - Richer, Corbett, Markin.

PP had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Beurskens - van de Akker, Buurman, van Zeeland - Kloppenberg, Wis, Fabian, Bergant - Vega, Cathala, Coolen.

13 minutes into the game, Tony Cathala was a hair's breadth away from giving PP the lead. A prompt block by Manuel Fernández saved the home team that time. It was a hot and sunny day, and several players seemed worn out. Maybe this was why Cornel Richer found an unusual amount space for his snappy footwork. Wilfried Bosserman of havinga received a yellow card in the 25th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. After 34 minutes, PP's Mees Buurman made his way through the middle and nonchalantly placed the ball out of the keeper's reach, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. The referee showed PP's Fryderyk Wis the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 40th minute, the visitors put themselves ahead 0 - 2 as Tony Cathala finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. The teams went for a halftime break at 0 - 2. PP held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

In the 82nd minute, havinga's Tjitse Lardinois received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. PP's Fryderyk Wis missed a penalty shot in the game's 83rd minute. The shot produced was way too weak, allowing the keeper to collect it at his own leisure. Vojtìch Fabian increased the visitor's lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3. The game had been on for 87 minutes when Tony Cathala broke through on the right, upping the score for PP to 0 - 4, much to the home crowd's dismay. After this, PP lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The referee showed havinga's Nizami Güldemet the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After 90 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Tony Cathala who increased PP's lead to 0 - 5. By then Tony Cathala was a three time scorer - a hat trick! When Wilfried Bosserman made yet another studs-first tackle in the game's 90th minute, the referee was obliged to book the havinga player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Tony Cathala of PP spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. PP held the ball, with a clear 78 percent possession rate.

The most dominating havinga player was without a doubt Cornel Richer. Larry van Ingen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Vojtìch Fabian. Ellert van de Akker on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 5.

We both had 12 points up to today, I was ahead on goal dif. NOw I;m ahead on points too :)

Also very happy with my ratings:

quote:Midfield: weak (low)
Right Defence: weak (low)
Central Defence: inadequate (high)
Left Defence: passable (high)
Right Attack: passable (high)
Central Attack: passable (low)
Left Attack: poor (high)

akots
17-10-2005, 02:54
quote:The Asylum Allstars - Chemists 3 - 5
Date: 10/17/2005 at 01.00
MatchID: 55514646
Arena: The Padded Cell

32697 spectators had come to The Padded Cell this cloudy day. Allstars tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Crawley - Davis, Michael, Ray - Portillo, Cavia, Laso, Tirado, House - Marshall, Hager.

Chemists started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. Lineup: Kostiainen - Napier, Norris, R#237;os - Vivas, Mayer, Bostic, Bussink - Mininni, Brown, del Valle.

Many thought Mike Marshall ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 9th minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors' keeper Tuomas Kostiainen. Chemists's counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Randell Bostic to score easily from the right flank for 0 - 1. In the 20th minute, Allstars's Laverne Hager made a rush down the left, leaving him free to put the 1 - 1 equaliser away. Eugene Norris delivered a good free kick from an excellent position in the 24th minute, but luck wasn't on Chemists's side this time, the ball went wide. Chemists took the lead after 28 minutes with 1 - 2. Marco Vivas placed the ball out of reach for the home side's keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. After a fatal mistake from the away team's right side defence in the 29th minute, an alert Francisco Cavia bagged the ball for Allstars, evening the score to 2 - 2. 2 - 2 was the halftime score. Allstars held the ball, with a clear 63 percent possession rate.

After a fine move down the middle Mike Marshall nearly gave the home side one up in the 64th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. In the 68th minute cheers broke out as Mike Marshall found his way through the guests' central defense line, clipping the 3 - 2 goal in for Allstars. A header from Javier del Valle connected with a corner kick after 75 minutes, and the ball ended up with F#233;lix R#237;os of Chemists who shot home the 3-3 goal. The terraces were silenced in the 77th minute as Chemists's Anselmo Mininni put the guests ahead 3 - 4, following an attack on the right. The away team's Anselmo Mininni took advantage of a mistake on the home side's right in the 80th minute increasing Chemists's lead to 3 - 5. Allstars had a brilliant opportunity to reply as Laverne Hager received a high ball from the right, striking the ball in the air. Only Tuomas Kostiainen's reflexes saved him. Allstars held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

A rather unexpected outcome, I did not think it was possible to win this very tough away game. I did not mots nor played 2-5-3. I've just played a bit in HO match simulations and was very surprized to find out that the results were shifting in my favor when I played midfields defensive and have no wingers at all. Really hard to tell exactly why but it worked again! I'm tied in points with number 2 team and am only a single ball behind him! That is indeed very unexpected turn of events. Future looks bright and I'm rather optimistic now.

bed_head7
17-10-2005, 04:20
Managed a tie while PiCing with murderous TS, against one of the three other contenders. Which is exactly what I wanted, as the teams in Division VI are by and large awful. Way too many bots. Winning my league while finishing below promotion line will require some more ties involving the other three teams with a shot.

yndy
17-10-2005, 13:44
I lost. Again. 5-1 for my opponent, the teams were actually more balanced than the resutls shows but bad days happen. Still in 7th place in my league.

Energy
17-10-2005, 14:30
For the topic of stupidest things you did with hattrick: Placing a midfielder in your line up and forget to change him from CD to extra midfielder! AARGH! Lost 4-1.

socralynnek
17-10-2005, 17:40
Won 1-0 against one of my hardest competitor for promotion putting me back on 2nd place.
Will beat the 1st one next saturday...
One of my trainees got injured for 4 weeks, playing as an offensive defender.

Dell19
17-10-2005, 17:45
Won 4-0 against a team that had spent 3.5 million on two new players.

Swingue
17-10-2005, 19:13
won 0-2 putting me in nd place with worse goals then nr. 1
would it be possible to win in this league?????

Kingreno
17-10-2005, 20:17
quote:Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Aristocats, and they demonstrated a brilliant ability at it. vv.Helpman mostly ignored the flanks in favour of their formidable ability to attack in the middle. Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 7th minute goal by Mirek Kurnicki for Aristocats, putting them ahead 1 - 0. The visitors didn't give in and, after 26 minutes, Klaas Rosseels got through the home side's central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1. Halftime score was 1 - 1. vv.Helpman, bringing the ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 48th minute goal by Denis Panvert for Aristocats, putting them ahead 2 - 1. A great pass from the defensive line of Aristocats resulted in a counterattack that was smoothly dealt with by Denis Panvert in the enemy's central penalty box, but his finish went high. François Bader of vv.Helpman received a yellow card in the 60th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. vv.Helpman held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Aristocats's best player was Timmy Vink. However, Miklós Latinovics made a disastrous appearance. Most important vv.Helpman player was Henrik Månsson. Klaas Rosseels on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

Woohoo kicked the number one in his face rather hard. His first Loss. I knew he would Attack in the middle and my:

quote:Central Defence: magnificent (low) [:o][:o][:o]

Did the trick. I might just not relegate now. I am still in doubt whether that is good or bad.[hmm]