PDA

View Full Version : ProPain's Pretty Pointless Popquiz

ProPain
08-05-2003, 13:51
First one to post song title and performing artists wins.

Please rate this song too!

Download Attachment: /forum/icon_paperclip.gif /ProPain/PP track.mp3 (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/ProPain/PP track.mp3)

Especially for Shabba, cuz he seems obsessed with the [:o] smilie.

ProPain
08-05-2003, 14:24
So you didn't like it Shabba! Better avoid most Dutch summer festivals then cuz they're playing a lot of em.

Shabbaman
08-05-2003, 15:34
Ha! I did a google search on the lyrics, didn't find a thing. I like housemusic, not that stuff with guitars and crap like hippies ;)

ProPain
08-05-2003, 15:51
This is not hippiemusic. Could be classified as punkrock. No hippies there.

anarres
08-05-2003, 16:03
lol, punks *are* hippies. Well, they are if they are 'proper' punks. ;)

I suppose there are the wanker-fascist-punks, but most real punks would kick the shit out of them on sight, on principle.

Having said that, I think the music is ok, but not great. PP, is this the 'butcher' band that you love so much? Are we appraising your own band perhaps??

DrAlimentado
08-05-2003, 18:32
hehe, anarres I have to disagree ;) The 70's punk movement was in many ways a reaction against 'soft dopehead' hippies. Not to say that 'true' punk = fascist by any means (more anarchist or just plain anti-establishment, but we agree on that I suspect) but look at the drug/music culture, totally different. Speed/uppers vs Dope/LSD, punkrock vs hippy guitars etc. There are lots of inconsistencies true, like ska music - a big influence on british punk yet ska musicians were big on the weed... but anyway, you get my point :)

ERIKK
08-05-2003, 22:19
"Get down and blow me horny whore"?????

It's not a very good song IMHO but it is funny :) So they are playing on some summer festivals?

ProPain
09-05-2003, 14:42
it's blow my horny horn not whore I'm affraid. No it's not the Butcher, it's a dutch band however. Band memebers are not punk ( no mohawks) but their music seems to fall in that category.

Yes, they're playing a lot of festivals including PinkPop! (that must make things a LOT easier)

Skyfish
09-05-2003, 21:34
I haven't listened to it (the baby's sleeping) ....but is is Di-Rect ?

ProPain
10-05-2003, 15:01
No, it's not Di-Rect, this band is a lot less famous. I think shabba put the wrong lyrics thru google, cuz they're quite easy to find.

Melifluous
10-05-2003, 15:09
Blow my horny horn by Peter Pan Speedrock...

Smug

Melifluous

[band]

[:o]

ProPain
11-05-2003, 13:52
We have a winner! [party] congratulations Mel.

Peter Pan Speedrock for those people who like songs without a message about cars, drinking and sex! They will release a new record on the 23rd of May and I guess we'll hear more of that in Holland. Last one had some national exposure already.

if you have a chance to see em live you should go. They usually have an Elvis impersonator with them (Dikke(Fat) Dennis known for his dutch version of Motorheads 'Ace of Spades') and sometimes a girl who spits fire using a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Melifluous
11-05-2003, 15:24
Nice to see the link to Motorhead here.

I aint heard anything about them for ages and now I reckon this song sounded like them, Propain mentions them and I hear they are playing in Portsmouth in August [bday]

Also like Propain said, google sorted this in about 2 seconds...

Melifluous

ProPain
11-05-2003, 17:08
They do sound like Motorhead, not only this track but all tracks.

For those interested
www.peterpanspeedrock.com

Shabbaman
12-05-2003, 09:49
Next!!!

ProPain
12-05-2003, 14:34
Ok, you'll get another one today!