PDA

View Full Version : Battrick

ProPain
14-10-2005, 18:19
Signed up for Battrick, playing in the South African league. Lost my 1st match and won the second. Had to read up a bit on the rules to manage that.

First impression is that currently the game is less complex than Hattrick. Charateristics seem tied to position in a very straightforward way. Gonna try it a few weeks and see if it sticks.

ProPain
17-10-2005, 22:46
Wondering how other players (yes that's you Dell :)) handle training and also I;m wondering if someone can explain how long I;m gonna get 37,500 Pounds misc income. It's appreciated, but I'd like to now if it's temporary or not.

ProPain
20-11-2005, 19:29
Appears the youth pull selection doesnt really work. For the second consecutive weak I selected batsman and got a bowler.

Weird, weird, weird.

Dell19
22-12-2005, 19:55
Sorry I was assuming threads about battrick would appear in the hattrick forum so I've only just seen this thread.

The youth pull system generally works but there is a chance that other skils may still be high. I think I've managed to pull about 7 or 8 players that are competent or above or great alrounders.

The income of 37500 will disappear when the FC matches start although that won't be for another season at least and I've never bothered to search about what first class matches actually involve.

The good thing about battrick is that they seem willing to make changes to keep the game interesting. For instance at the end of the season players will have a batting form and a bowling form and an individual fitness rating as well as the team rating so that you cannot play the same players in every game.

They will also restructure training and the youth academy although I'm not entirely sure how it will work. These changes are listed in the news items.

ProPain
28-04-2006, 13:21
Became champion this season, won all games but was a bit short on runrate for direct promotion. Now playing a qualification match that I'm winning comfortable.

bed_head7
28-04-2006, 23:06
I started in January, and won my league easily. I bought like three guys to train and mostly just stuck with my starting squad. I still don't even understand cricket. Yet doing so much better than Hattrick. Oh well.

ProPain
29-04-2006, 18:12
MOstly similar for me bedhead. I did some reading on the cricket rules before I started as I didnt know anything about cricket (Well not entirely true, I knew matches could last a few days :) ) I lined up my squad, started training and basically didnt touch it again. Very rarely I bother to organise a friendly, seems it doesnt affect training anyway.

Dell19
28-05-2006, 18:01
I'm doing quite well this season. Top of my IV league and still in the cup.

bed_head7
03-09-2006, 00:13
Hm, FC matches might be a bit of a headache. I don't have a large enough squad to handle, so I have resorted to buying some players in the feeble/mediocre stamina and main skill so I have a second squad. I don't know whether to concentrate on FC matches, where I am outclassed but can stay up at least, or OD matches where I have a chance of winning league in promoting to division II in the West Indies. And of course there is the cup as well, which I suppose I might last four to five rounds in before losing.

Dell19
05-09-2006, 20:29
I currently have 17 players although I am looking to buy a trainee or get a good youth pull in the near future.