PDA

View Full Version : The official Civ4 site is up!!!!

Darkness
13-10-2005, 09:15
http://www.civ4.com/

Shabbaman
13-10-2005, 10:13
WTF, they're linking straight to the CFC forums [rolleyes]

Shabbaman
13-10-2005, 10:17
That site isn't really finished yet. For example, check out the civ comparisons page:

quote:Pick 5-10 leaderheads that have been in all versions of the game (Civ I, II, II & IV) and show a side-by-side comparison.
Compare city view from all versions
Pick 5 wonders that have been in every version and show a side-by-side comparison.
Pick 5 each of units and buildings that have been in every version and show a side-by-side comparison.

Yeah right. And under new/improved features it mentions "modding"', and only that. I hope they paid more attention to the game itself.

Socrates
13-10-2005, 11:54
Nice to have this site, but I hope it doesn't turn out into the disappointment that was civ3.com. It's true that there are numerous mistakes in it, as some people at CFC have pointed out. It's nice to have pages in flash, but really they could do better with those scrolls and the inner navigation... Oh, that reminds me I downloaded the mp3 last night (except that one of them is there twice [mischief] ) ; will listen to them now. :)

Matrix
14-10-2005, 03:21
Beautiful site, but no new info...

Tubby Rower
14-10-2005, 13:10
I saw a balloon floating around in the background of the main screen. I wonder if we can have observation balloon like during the American Civil War.

Melifluous
14-10-2005, 13:20
Yeah it looks more like the first ever balloon that man flew in.

http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/aero/balloon2.htm

Also mentions the civil war here.

Some foriegn country wasn't it?

Melifluous

[meli]

Pastorius
15-10-2005, 10:49
hm. AFAIK civ3.com started out rather ok, but deteriorated in terms of contents when ATARI took over webmaster and maintenance positions.

at least according to someone, somewhere. Cant remember where, but IIRC it was a Firaxian that said so