PDA

View Full Version : 1gpt deal

Melifluous
07-05-2003, 23:08
Anyone here sign 1 gpt deals with the AI in MP to

a) Stop the AI delaring war on you...
b) Try and prevent the other Human player getting the AI on your case.

prettyvacant
07-05-2003, 23:11
you not voting Meli?

to be more accurate havent tried it in MP, but have in normal. Would a 2gpt bribe overide it do you think?

anarres
07-05-2003, 23:19
If the other player wants to they can usually pay whoever they want to attack you.

I often pay AI in gpt instead of straight gold though, especially if the other player is ProPain. ;)

ERIKK
08-05-2003, 08:03
I voted "well yeah" but I normally tie the AI's with lux to me. The AI breaks a gpt deal more often than a lux deal. They know they will suffer from unhappiness and less income when they lose the lux. If I have to pay gpt to get something I very much want I will pay gpt. But I never think that that will tie them to me...

ProPain
08-05-2003, 09:53
quote:Originally posted by anarres

If the other player wants to they can usually pay whoever they want to attack you.

I often pay AI in gpt instead of straight gold though, especially if the other player is ProPain. ;)

That's smart thinking Anarres o/w that lump sum would have been wasted anyway.

I do make small gpt deals but only when I see an AI civ entering my territory and I suspect it's coming after me. Doesn't always help though. Usually it's more effective to get them involved in a war with another civ.

Shabbaman
08-05-2003, 10:58
Actually, if you want to make sure your opponent doesn't declare war on you, sign a mutual 1 gpt deal. The party that declares war is really fucked that way.

DrAlimentado
08-05-2003, 17:20
I do sign the gpt deals, I'm sure it only helps a little in preventing the AI declaring on you but every little helps :) Of course if a human player bribes the AI or if the AI is just trapped for land it'll break the deal I reckon. It still fucks their rep though, which is nice.