PDA

View Full Version : Season 17 Round 4 Results

Kemal
09-10-2005, 22:36
Quite an important match for Snaken today, as it more or less decided whether me or the team I played was going to play along with the big boys of the league for the next few matches.

Fortunately for Snaken, it yielded a good result and I won 5-2! [cool]

quote:
22927 spectators had come to FC De Snaken Arena this cloudy day. Snaken tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Meesen, Balyon, Öztürk - Espinola, Halling, Lavie, Hansson - Billand, Kronskär, Catanã.

Kansloos had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Renon - Newsom, Knutsson, MacDuffie - Veži#263;, Artese, Kalsbeek, Bendazzoli - Mackenzie, Loong Keng, Munck Petersen.

Snaken seemed to prefer attacking in the middle, and they appeared to be excellent at it. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Kansloos, and they demonstrated a inadequate ability at it. In the 4th minute cheers broke out as Per Kronskär found his way through the guests' central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Snaken. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Vilhelm Hansson squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 6th minute, bringing the lead to 2 - 0. The referee showed Snaken's Berke Can Öztürk the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Johan Knutsson got left behind when Snaken's Ristea Catanã made a sudden pull forward in the 18th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 3-0! Peter Billand increased Snaken's lead to 4 - 0, putting a header away on a hooked ball from the right. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. With 32 minutes played, Ristea Catanã could have brought this one home for Snaken as he charged up on the left, but his hooked ball went just a bit too high. Kansloos showed their counterattack skill in the 41st minute, with Luigi Paolo Bendazzoli scoring uncontested for 4 - 1. The teams went for a halftime break at 4 - 1. Snaken, bringing the ball possession rate to 76 percent, dominated the battle.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Snaken's Per Kronskär got himself booked. Johan Knutsson seemed to be floating in the air as he elegantly headed in the 4-2 goal for Kansloos after a corner kick that was nicely executed by Zacharie Renon. After 65 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Wilm Meesen might have resulted in another goal for Snaken. However, Zacharie Renon made a spectacular save. The referee showed Kansloos's Casper Munck Petersen the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. In the 78th minute of the match, the visitors' central line of defence had to look on as Per Kronskär dashed through, knocking home 5 - 2 for Snaken. The forty-five minutes were dominated by Snaken, with an impressive 77 percent possession of the ball.

Snaken's best player was Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Wietse Balyon on the other hand, had a terrible day. Kansloos's best player was Li Loong Keng. Laurens Kalsbeek was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 2.

What was not good is the surprisingly low number of spectators, and there has been rumour of a bug as lots of people report low crowds today. Therefore, I'm wondering whether it was just the 2-6 cup defeat causing the drop in ticket sales, or that other CDZ-teams experienced a similar low crowd this playday.

And of course, here's to hoping more great results will follow in this thread. [beer1]

bed_head7
09-10-2005, 23:01
Low attendance?! I haven't had a home match since three weeks ago. I need this money. I hope the rumuors are wrong.

akots
09-10-2005, 23:15
I've had an unusually low attendance last Sunday. Supporters were content after losing cup and league match and I played the bottom team but still it should not have been that low imho.

Darth Pugwash
09-10-2005, 23:32
I lost 4-1 to the best team in the division. Not too bad, at least I got a goal.

I've not noticed low attendances (in my division at least)

ProPain
09-10-2005, 23:49
I have perpetual low attendance, my 4th cup round didnt even sell out but I had heavy rain which might explain. I had little under 21K sups today which is slightly more than my 1st home match and today I had heavy rain where my 1st match I had just clouds. So for me everything seems (low as) normal.

ProPain
09-10-2005, 23:53
And the match:

quote:PP SV - V.V.B. 4 - 2

View game: HT Live
Date: 09-10-2005 at 21:00
MatchID: 54491984
Arena: PP SV Arena
Crowd: 20766

20766 spectators had found their way to PP SV Arena, despite the heavy rain. PP started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Beurskens - Buurman, van Zeeland, Abbink - Daemen, Wis, Bergant, Kiilerich - Vega, Coolen, Holthaus.

V.V.B. had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Bouwhuis - Levi, Schoolenberg, van Reenen, Hellenbrand - Havers, Sonneveld, Bar, Gomes - van Dijk, Kirchner.

V.V.B. saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were excellent at directing their passes that way. PP took the lead in the 10th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Maurice Vega elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. V.V.B.'s Sebastiaan Gomes got himself booked after a foul. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Iwan Daemen of PP spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. PP added another goal to their lead as Fryderyk Wis struck home the 2 - 0 goal after an attack from the left set him up unmarked in front of the keeper. PP had to make a substitution in the 30th minute. Iwan Daemen limped off the field and was replaced by Sjors Drent. In the 39th minute of the match, the visitors' central line of defence had to look on as Ludo van Zeeland dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for PP. The teams went for a halftime break at 3 - 0. The forty-five minutes were dominated by PP, with an impressive 65 percent possession of the ball.

The visitors replied in the game's 55th minute, scoring the 3 - 1 goal, as Kristian Levi dashed up the middle, easily lobbing the ball over the home team's keeper. V.V.B.'s Kristian Levi refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 57th minute. A bit later, V.V.B.'s Marien van Reenen easily reduced to 3 - 2 after a misunderstanding in the home side's central defense line. In the 66th minute, PP put themselves up 4 - 2 when the visiting defenders lost the ball to Edi Bergant, who came up from the left and proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The structure of the game started to change as PP decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. PP held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

Most important PP player was Edi Bergant. Menze Jan Holthaus on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important V.V.B. player was Taco Bar. However, Sasha Sonneveld made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 2.

Easy victory although I had expected a bit more goals on my side. I did play my worse trainee in this game to spare the best one for wednesday. Wis back to solid for again after a whole season of form misery. Next week Fabian will be back, that means 4+4.5+5/5.5 (depending on form) inner midfield. Very curious what that adds up to as those guys are to be the backbone of my midfield for quite a while and they need to keep me in 6th division.

arne1
10-10-2005, 00:02
Easy 6-1 victory with pic. I was also disappointed with my attendance. I had between 1/3 and halve of my first crowd this season. Ok, I played the number last, but wheather was the same and supporters mood was a lot better and more supporters.

bed_head7
10-10-2005, 01:39
Stadium sold out for the first time ever, with bad conditions. Of course, my fans are loving me and my opponent is number one in league at the moment, so selling out was expected. Just glad any potential bug didn't affect me.

akots
10-10-2005, 03:02
quote:Chemists - La Ligne Maginot 6 - 0
The 27857 spectators at Chemists Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Chemists had chosen a strategic 2-5-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Kostiainen - Norris, De Moral - Bussink, Vivas, Mayer, Bostic, Stoleru - Mininni, Brown, del Valle.

Maginot had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: M#229;nsson - Cruz, Gr#246;#246;nsk#228;r, Jackson - Karstensson, Kristiansson, Fransson, Pawelsz - Tikka, Angiboust, van Beek.

Chemists appeared unsure on how to play and their organization was only poor. Jeffrey Brown gave his Chemists the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged the guests' central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the keeper's right post. Chemists seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and was down to the poor level of organization. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Baudelio De Moral squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 35th minute, bringing the lead to 2 - 0. After 36 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Herbert Mayer might have resulted in another goal for Chemists. However, Melvin M#229;nsson made a spectacular save. Maginot's Sylvain Angiboust left the field after 38 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Dom Chan. The teams went for a halftime break at 2 - 0. Chemists held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate.

The Chemists players spent the halftime break getting a rerun of the team's tactical organization and regained a passable organization. The referee showed Chemists's Herbert Mayer the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Maginot were forced to a substitution as Melvin M#229;nsson couldn't continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Lincoln Busby to come in from the sidelines. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Javier del Valle squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 53rd minute, bringing the lead to 3 - 0. The structure of the game started to change as Chemists decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Chemists put themselves up 4 - 0 when Jeffrey Brown broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The referee showed Maginot's Hans Kristiansson the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Chemists were forced to a substitution as Baudelio De Moral couldn't continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Carlos Cueto to come in from the sidelines. Chemists were given a penalty in the 75th minute - neatly put away by Eugene Norris. 5 - 0 for the home side. Chemists appeared unsure on how to play and their organization was only poor. After 82 minutes, Herbert Mayer put Chemists ahead 6 - 0 when he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. The referee showed Chemists's Ric#227; Stoleru the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Chemists, bringing the ball possession rate to 61 percent, dominated the battle.

Most important Chemists player was Anselmo Mininni. Carlos Cueto on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Maginot player was John Tikka. Lincoln Busby on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 6 - 0.

It were 59 mine hattstars versus his 75 stars (apparently more in his starting lineup since 2 of his players were injured). May be, I did not need to mots actually since it was a home match (forgot about it completely). Anyhow, it worked and rather splendidly. I'm number 3 now!!! [lol][evil] Not for long though. [sad]

Dell19
10-10-2005, 18:32
Lost 6-1. Crap season in the league so far.

socralynnek
10-10-2005, 18:40
Played 2-2 away at the second best teams place, maybe I shouldn't have PICed but if I win the next 2 home matches against the no 1 and 2 then I take the top spot again...

bed_head7
10-10-2005, 18:54
Oh, by the way, beat the then first place team 3-0 to take the top spot. I am going to need to somehow engineer some ties though if I want to stay in this series for another season or so but still win and earn a qualification game against a (hopefully) stronger team.

yndy
11-10-2005, 07:35
miserable 2-2 draw at home with the worst team of the league. I shouldn't have MOTS ed in the Cup game. Now there is a certain risk of relegation. Next games will tell more.

Energy
11-10-2005, 08:07
I had a 5-3 win with an audience attendence high ever. Still it's not so high if you compare 11.700 fans showing up with a 1111 big fanclub. But I'm not complaining. Just need a few more points to secure my place in this league.

Only bad thing is that I have 4 injured players by now and not that big a bench to replace them properly.