PDA

View Full Version : Daytrading

ProPain
07-10-2005, 23:09
I have 2M with to options to use it:

1) buy a defender
2) daytrade

I really dont need the defender right away, end of the season will do as well because for this league my team is good enough as is.

So I'm thinking about daytrading a bit and try to earn some extra money. Started keeping on eye on the transfer market a bit but I;m finding it hard to find good deals. I know some of you have day traded some, so I was thinking maybe you could give me some tips :)

Kemal
07-10-2005, 23:42
I've done a little daytrading, but only with "small" players, i.e. the profits were never to big (but neither were the inevitable losses). Those were done with inadequate/passable main skill and brilliant+ set pieces, which gave me an average profit of about 20K per player. Not that great, so I abandoned it.

However, be advised that the more money you invest in a player, the more difficult it is to make a profit because of the 15% agent fee that is substracted.

Another form of daytrading would be skilltrading, either buying players that have played in the correct position this week and train them for free, or leave one spot open to train a new high-main skill player ready to pop and sell each week. Don't know too much about that though, except that it seems to be quite frustrating since there is only a limited supply of those players, and an unendless amount of skilltraders (at least that is what I've read in the scoring training fed).

Finally, you could buy a host of players and wait for them to pop on osmosis training. I have a few of those in my squad at the moment, so my salary is now at 60K a week. Don't know yet if that will be profitable in the long run though.

yndy
08-10-2005, 06:24
For the daytrading, you really need to be online at the time the player sells, this makes HT run your life and tell you when to be online. Bah, I don't want to do that.

Skill-trading is profitable, it depends a lot of your skills and also needs you to be online pretty often but you need to clear training spots for that as Kemal says.

Osmosis training is the one I'm doing but I've recently calculated that the interest I get from my money is pretty much comparable with what I get from osmosis training, so I am trying to balance the two. I'd rather raise 10M and keep them in the bank for a profit of 1.6M per season and use only the additional amounts for osmosis training. At the moment I have 2M invested in osmosis training (18 players) and 3M in the bank. All the profits go towards savings in the bank.

socralynnek
09-10-2005, 00:53
Hmmmm, I have read a lot about Hattrick, but what the hell is osmosis training?

ProPain
09-10-2005, 01:00
Apart from the guys that play the position you train for (i.e training scoring affects forwards) the rest of your team also gets a tiny amount of training. I think it's about 0.5%-1% of a level a week, but way not sure of that, just read that somewhere a long time ago. This is why you get the occasional non-position player to jump a level in the characteristic you're training. Adding a few players to your team just to benefit from this residual training effect is what's meant by osmosis training.

socralynnek
10-10-2005, 11:06
ahhhh, ok, thanks for the explanation.
I think it's 15-20% of normal training, so a player takes about 5x as long to pop.
Yndy, do you switch the players that play in the friendly to make it faster?

Oh, I see this thread is about daytrading...
So I guess daytrading is only worth it, if you can buy at a time where no one else buys and can sell when everyone buys.

ProPain
10-10-2005, 20:38
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek
[br}
Oh, I see this thread is about daytrading...

Feel free to threadjack :)

yndy
11-10-2005, 08:28
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek
Yndy, do you switch the players that play in the friendly to make it faster?

My training program is pretty complicated. I have 19 'main' players that I am training as forwards using the 'Shooting' training. That's why I play only forwards on all positions during friendlies. Since they are not that good in anything else, they get 1* as midfielders, etc.

Then I have 17 (currently) solid forwards that I want to train with the osmosis training. I try to buy them solid high so that they pop in 10-20 weeks to excellent. I also use them as reserves in the matches so when a player gets injured, at least I can train an extra player.

Unfortunately that led to my draw this week-end, my 4star midfielder was replaced from min 16 with a 1star forward.

akots
11-10-2005, 08:36
@Yndy: You mentioned earlier about interest from cash in the bank using economists. Is there any reliable article or just table out there about how many economists should one have to get maximal profit from interest?

ProPain
11-10-2005, 10:15
I downloaded quite an ok tool for optimal economist no. Is on my home desktop, will upload when I getback home

Kemal
11-10-2005, 10:39
It would be interesting to see whether your osmosis training would be comparable to mine yndy, since that would reveal whether osmosis is a fixed number added to the skill you are training (via whatever method) per player that did not play a match, or whether it is a percentage of the total amount of training received by a player that did play that week.

Btw, there is one final consideration to make when daytrading or even skilltrading: your TS will rapidly see itself drop to furious/Cold War status, and without a good team leader getting it back up again is quite difficult (experienced this myself, unfortunately). The difference between a good and a bad TS is phenomenal for your midfield imho, I'm currently at really high levels of TS, and my midfield has never been better.

socralynnek
11-10-2005, 11:11
quote:Originally posted by yndy

My training program is pretty complicated. I have 19 'main' players that I am training as forwards using the 'Shooting' training. That's why I play only forwards on all positions during friendlies. Since they are not that good in anything else, they get 1* as midfielders, etc.

OK, this part I had known already, didn't know about the other part.

I guess, if you are a daytrader, you should play counter-attack since your midfield is bad because of the Team Spirit. Or you should be in the lowest division already...but if you lose a lot, then you get less money from spectators.

yndy
11-10-2005, 15:35
akots, see this link, at the bottom of the page.
http://www.databased.at/hattrick/x-files/pages/pages_en/prices_en.asp?file=prices

Kemal, I am corresponding with a guy interested in the same thing, he's better than me at step-trading anyway, so he should figure it out faster, so far he's dissapointed but you really need a long time to realize how that is.

socralynnek, if you are not a good step-trader (my case) than you don't have many transfers. I can handle the TS so far, I lost only one full TS level due to trades this season. I can't play CA because of my training, I am hoping to win more games so that I don't lose that much on other fronts, it worked last season, now it's a little bit tougher, I got 2 additional supporters since October 1.

socralynnek
11-10-2005, 16:23
Sorry, that part wasn't meant for you especially but for daytraders in general.
I mean the heavy daytraders that have surely cold war TS.