PDA

View Full Version : Cup Matches Round 4

Dell19
04-10-2005, 23:52
quote:40000 spectators arrived at Dushku Dungeon of Dangerous Danger, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Wartham had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Fuentes - Feyko, Mazo, Koštunica - Laporte, Gabriel, Donner, Vendelø - Rowan, Ryan, Nouwen.

Athletic tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Hilali - Rahman, Paepke, Vandoorne - Murner, Ruth, Ordowski, Barthelmes, Olofsson - Anderskog, Lanoue.

Wartham showed off their creative tactics. Milan Feyko gave his Wartham the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. 30 minutes into the game Luc Nouwen had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Isto Hyväri. The visitors didn´t give in and after 34 minutes Anders Anderskog got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1. The referee showed Athletic's Anders Anderskog the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Warthams Dave Ryan gave, after 40 minutes, the home team a 2 - 1 lead after an attack coming in from the right. After 41 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Tony Rowan might have resulted in another goal for Wartham. However, Durhan Hilali made a spectacular save. Tony Rowan of Wartham received a yellow card in the 41th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

In the 53rd minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Tony Rowan dashed through, knocking home 3 - 1 for Wartham. Stephan Barthelmes caught everyone off guard with an opening pass - but unfortunately Markus Murner was as surprised by the move as anybody else, and managed to miss the extraordinary opportunity. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Felix Donner squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 65th minute, asserting the lead to 4 - 1. The structure of the game started to change as Wartham decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. In the 74th minute Wartham put themselves up 5 - 1. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Dave Ryan coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Tony Rowan rendered him his second booking of the match, and Wartham had to finish the game with a reduced squad. Stephan Barthelmes made several blunders at the end of the game, causing a good deal of unrest in the defensive line. Wartham held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Wartham player was without a doubt Pedro Fuentes. However, Isto Hyväri made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Athletic player was without a doubt Achim Paepke. Markus Murner was a disappointment, however. The match ends 5 - 1.

Full house and into the fifth round. Bit of a shame about the injury since its a trainee. Will be interesting to see who I play in the next round since I may be able to MOTS.

ProPain
05-10-2005, 10:44
Playing my match this afternoon, pretty sure I won't advance to fifth round however :)

Swingue
05-10-2005, 14:39
playing my match today, i'll pic with my second team. My guess is 0-10
Anything better I consider a victory

Kemal
05-10-2005, 14:57
Me too, I'm also playing no A-team players at all, so I'm wondering what I'll end up with vs a 3rd div team.

Hopefully I can score on a SE goal, that should help a bit with supps' mood.

ProPain
05-10-2005, 16:36
I'm playing my normal team with my lesser trainees. Fielded my best trainees in the league, couldnt afford to slack around in the league with Fabian hurt. Bought a 21 year old brilliant central midfielder yesterday, hopefully he'll be able to limit my losses in this game and keep s&s (sups and sponsors) happy. I wont PIC, just normal attitude. next week Fabian should be able to play and together with my new guy I expect my team to take apart all my league opponents from then on. :D

Kemal
05-10-2005, 17:52
Aarghhh! I decided to field 3 solid PMs with weak form and PIC, and he only gets 55% of the possession... [wallbash][sad]

Oh well, halftime score 0-5, so game over nevertheless.

[wallbash]

ProPain
05-10-2005, 17:54
And of course the pillar of my defensive line gets kicked off the field. What did I do to deserve this.....

Just hoping he wont be out for the usual 4-6 weeks. I need him badly to increase his exp, he's my future coach....

Kemal
05-10-2005, 17:56
Fortunately, he is already at solid exp, even if the injury turns out to your usual +5. Still, it sucks of course.

edit: unless of course you're aiming for an excellent coach? [eek]

ProPain
05-10-2005, 18:14
I'm aiming for excellent, he has 2/3 seasons to go so excellent should be possible.

ProPain
05-10-2005, 18:17
Very weird. My arena didnt sell out...

Maybe my sups are expecting a loss and dont even bother to show up but more likely it's the heavy rain....[cry]

Kemal
05-10-2005, 18:26
Probably the rain indeed, I've found that to be of extreme influence on crowd attendance.

Btw, nice going PP SV, from 0-2 to 2-2 in 2 mins! [yeah]

ProPain
05-10-2005, 18:26
I'm contending KingReno for the CA crown :D

ProPain
05-10-2005, 18:33
Muwaaa [eek][eek] I;m up 4-2!!

bed_head7
05-10-2005, 18:36
Make that 4-3.

ProPain
05-10-2005, 18:37
nerve wrecking...

ProPain
05-10-2005, 18:47
I'm flabbergasted!!![party]

quote:PP SV - Real Heemskerk 4 - 3

View game: HT Live
Date: 05-10-2005 at 17:00
MatchID: 56327097
Arena: PP SV Arena
Crowd: 25385

25385 spectators had found their way to PP SV Arena, despite the heavy rain. PP tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Beurskens - Boote, van Zeeland, Buurman - Daemen, Wis, Bergant, Kloppenberg - Aardema, Lantinga, Kooper.

Heemskerk started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. They fielded: Giezen - Verkerk, Macbeth, Hatling - Albers, Lommen, Hayes, van Gasteren - van Berne, Hedbratt, van der Eerden.

PP clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Heemskerk seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. A long pass from the defense line of PP resulted in a counterattack that set Robert Kooper free in the enemy central penalty box, but his finish went high. In the 26th minute, Heemskerk's Guus Lommen received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. The PP player was Allard Boote who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game, but Lars van Harsselaar came in to finish the match. Bobbie Albers was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Johan Hedbratt managed to kick one of them into 0 - 1 in the 28th minute. Heemskerk came close to extending their lead as Guus Lommen delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Johan Hedbratt could have added one to the visitors lead if his free kick had gone just a little lower. The visitors Sander van Berne took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 39th minute. 0 - 2 for Heemskerk. Halftime score was 0 - 2. Heemskerk held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate.

68 minutes into the game PP broke through on the left wing and Constantijn Lantinga managed to reduce the lead to 1 - 2. After 69 minutes of play Robert Kooper equalised for PP after an elegant attack from the right. In the game's 74th minute, PP's Fryderyk Wis fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Fryderyk Wis for taking a dive. PP broke through to the left in the 76th minute, Edi Bergant firing at an acute angle giving the home side a 3 - 2 lead. In the 77th minute PP put themselves up 4 - 2. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Edi Bergant coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The visitors replied in the game's 80th minute, scoring the 4 - 3 goal, as Kevin Macbeth dashed up the middle, easily lobbing the ball over the home teams keeper. Heemskerk held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Edi Bergant. Lars van Harsselaar on the other hand, had a terrible day. Heemskerk's best player was Bo van Gasteren. Kevin Macbeth on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 3.

Boote is out for 3 weeks: not too bad, after all I'm used to worse :). Seems the other team fielded some trainees/b-team and thought that to be enough. Checked his log in, he didnt even bother to check today, he'll be up for an interesting surprise when he logs on [lol]

Kemal
05-10-2005, 18:50
Hehe, congrats! An amazing feat from the CA-machine from Eindhoven! [thumbsup]

Shabbaman
05-10-2005, 18:52
I won 3-0, hurray! His midfield was better, had more possession, but my superior defence is TECH!

Swingue
05-10-2005, 19:37
2-6 Did i have a chance?

anyways, cup adventure is over

socralynnek
06-10-2005, 09:37
Congratulations PP!
And there wasn't even a CA goal...
I guess, he shouldn't have played AIM, it weakened his sides too much!

Swingue
06-10-2005, 10:23
Congrats PP,
If you go like this you can field your daugther and you might win ;)