PDA

View Full Version : Season 17 Round 3 Results

Kemal
03-10-2005, 00:18
Well, a famous moment in Snaken's club history today... at the hands of the new coach Berke Can Ozturk, the club's legendary undefeated in league games streak came to a screeching halt, as Snaken were bewitched by their opponents Wizzzards and suffered their first loss in 45 league games, 2-3.

quote:
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 33000 at FC De Snaken Arena today. Snaken tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Öztürk, Lucado, Balyon - Halling, Lavie, Hansson, Espinola - Kronskär, Hoseth, Catanã.

Wizzz tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Adin - Pierce, Sedsten, Kolotovkin - Ballestero, Pignitter, dos Santos, Bereményi, Schrecker - Kagge, Cellini Martínez.

Some beautiful plays on the left side of the field resulted in a 10th minute goal by Mohamed Hoseth for Snaken, putting them ahead 1 - 0. 13 minutes into the game Wizzz´s Narciso Ballestero found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring to make it 1 - 1. A free kick aimed at the keepers far post almost gave Wizzz the lead in the 21st minute, but the ball just wasn´t able to squirm it´s way through the defensive wall. Snaken were very close to putting themselves one up in the 30th minute as Jose Maria Espinola got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. In the 34th minute, Snaken's Vilhelm Hansson received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. 1 - 1 was the half-time score. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Jay Schrecker was doing a great job at his wing, sending in brilliant passes to his team mates in the middle. In the 64th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Zakhar Kolotovkin put the ball away for 1 - 2. The game had been on for 70 minutes when Elvis Kagge broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Wizzz´s were up 1 - 3. Zakhar Kolotovkin of Wizzz received a yellow card in the 74th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Snaken didn´t give in and in the 77th minute Vilhelm Hansson was able to put the 2 - 3 goal away after a play from the right. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 55 percent possession rate.

Snaken's best player was Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. However, Florian Lucado made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Wizzz player was without a doubt Mário dos Santos. Gustav Sedsten on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 3.

At least the Arena was sold out, so that makes up for it a little. TS is also ludicrously high, and a new stars record was set (42.5) but it's the points that count, and Snaken (deservedly, in the coach's opinion) got none.

Surely some other did better than this during the weekend? :)

Energy
03-10-2005, 08:29
Eindhoven Energy got the first victory of the season. After a dramatic start (5-1 defeat) and a tie, there seems to be some progress.

ProPain
03-10-2005, 11:05
After 2 walkovers PP SV had their first serious match of the season. With Fabian in the hospital bay I was a bit worried, turned out to be an easy win in the end.

quote:f.c. gremio - PP SV 1 - 4

At greminischio Arena, 7510 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. gremio had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Morresi - Brekelmans, Spekman, Rusere - Hammarerberg, Kong Hao, van Breugel, Ventura, Zelmenis - Nicolás, MacIntyre.

PP started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. Lineup: Beurskens - Boote, van Zeeland, Buurman - Daemen, Wis, Kooper, Kiilerich - Vega, Cathala, Coolen.

PP took the lead after 26 minutes with 0 - 1. Maurice Vega placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 28th minute PP goal, making it 0 - 2. Norbert Coolen was noted down as the scorer. PP´s Mees Buurman made it through the home teams defence in the 31st minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line. 36 minutes into the game Mees Buurman had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Lars van Harsselaar. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. gremio held the ball, with a clear 51 percent possession rate.

PP´s Iwan Daemen received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 63rd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 3. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. The visitors Tony Cathala took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 77th minute. 0 - 4 for PP. In the 83rd minute Quique Nicolás passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 4 goal. Neo Kong Hao almost put the reducer away having drawn the entire left side defence away, but the shot went straight into the arms of the goalkeeper. PP, bringing the final ball possession rate to 53 percent, dominated the battle.

gremio's best player was David MacIntyre. However, Valdis Zelmenis made a disastrous appearance. PP's best player was Kay Beurskens. However, Lars van Harsselaar made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 1 - 4.

Swingue
03-10-2005, 13:14
Lost my first match in this league.
No biggie though, this guy most likely will be nr. 1 while I am only in for staying in the league.

quote:
View game: HT Live
Date: 02-10-2005 at 20:00
MatchID: 54422201
Arena: Landsmeer Lions Arena
Crowd: 25820

25820 spectators had come to Landsmeer Lions Arena this cloudy day. Landsmeer had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Heitman - Tiwaree, van der Wouden, Álvarez - Akgiray, Overgaard, Haadl, bin Mohamed, Billius - Charron, Krom.

SwingStars started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Puentes - Klarenbeek, Kronberger, Heins - Bronneberg, Schwansee, Toda, Tillbrant, Knoester - Postuma, van de Garde.

Many thought Alain Krom ought to have been awarded a penalty shot in the 21st minute, as he went down trying to circle the visitors keeper Guillermo Puentes. Landsmeer tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. The referee showed Landsmeer's Carsten Overgaard the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. After a fine move down the middle Alain Krom nearly gave the home side one up in the 38th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. Camille van der Wouden gave his Landsmeer the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Landsmeer, with an impressive 55 percent possession of the ball.

Seemingly due to lack of experience, Maximilian Haadl needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. In the 79th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Opat Tiwaree dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Landsmeer. In the 85th minute Landsmeer put themselves up 3 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Carsten Overgaard coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. After this Landsmeer lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. Pablo Álvarez should probably have put his team up another goal in the 89th minute, but some great goaltending by Guillermo Puentes kept the visitors in the game. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Landsmeer, with an impressive 56 percent possession of the ball.

The most dominating Landsmeer player was without a doubt Camille van der Wouden. Maximilian Haadl on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SwingStars player was without a doubt Stefan Tillbrant. Noël Postuma on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0.

a pity though that I am not reaching my 40 star team anymore, form went down dramatically. Any clues what to do (besides training general, that screws up my keeper training).

Dell19
03-10-2005, 13:39
4-0. Finally got some points.

ProPain
03-10-2005, 14:01
quote:Originally posted by Swingue

a pity though that I am not reaching my 40 star team anymore, form went down dramatically. Any clues what to do (besides training general, that screws up my keeper training).

Like I told you before, form is dependend on :

1) a background factor
2) a short term factor.

1) background factor determines the general direction your form will develop to. Every week several randomly selected players in your squad get a background adjustment. Wether this adjustment is up or down is mostly depending on the fact if players where lined up in that particular week. A random factor is applies as well.

I personally suspect keeping players on the same position might help a bit as well. But that might be a faulty perception, after all players that play the same position every week also just play (the 1st factor). Another factor that might be of influence: I have the impression form stays higher when you're ranked higher and drops quicker when you're ranked lower. But again also just my perception, nothing proven here.

2) Every week a few players of your squad will get a short term form adaption in the direction of their background factor.

So basically: When you play the same team a lot both league and friendly/cup: your other players will drop in form. First their background form drops, then their actual form. You train keeper and adjust the rest minimally iirc: Sure way to lose form for the non playing players.

This effect will be worse at the beginning of the season, after all you can only play one match in the intermediate weeks, so chances of a background form drop are larger as well.

Best way to battle form drops is too play different teams on league and friendly/cup games.

If you experience a form drop with your playing players as well, that's just plain bad luck.

Energy
03-10-2005, 16:38
BTW, training general wouldn;t mess that much with your keeper's training, there training general also will train keepers. One week training general and you should see a rise of 2 or 3 stars.

I wonder if training general has an influence on the direction of the random factor. If a player was first loosing form, and then you train him for a week, will the direction of the form be changed as well? We should actually be able to measure this. Just keeping a record of form progress two or three weeks before training general.

arne1
03-10-2005, 20:04
I had a crushing 7-1 victory. I am now in second place tied with number one on points (both 9). I still think I am the favourite to win the title.

In the games 6th minute Jim Danielsen almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. A free kick aimed at the keepers far post almost gave burchtheren the lead in the 10th minute, but the ball just wasn´t able to squirm it´s way through the defensive wall. Jeroen Elzer received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 11th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. Helmut Buijk was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Quincy Bodaan managed to kick one of them into 0 - 1 in the 20th minute. Due to some great work on the right wing ilfalio:s Gabriël Cnossen was able to even the score in the 20th minute to 1 - 1. The terraces were silenced in the 21st minute as burchtheren´s Jaakko Hanskki put the guests ahead 1 - 2, following an attack from the right. 28 minutes into the game Quincy Bodaan had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Geert-Jan Rietema. burchtheren´s Ján Rajèian received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 33rd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 3. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 3. burchtheren, bringing the final ball possession rate to 84 percent, dominated the battle.

After 68 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Geert-Jan Rietema who increased burchtheren´s lead to 1 - 4. The visitors Ján Rajèian took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 70th minute. 1 - 5 for burchtheren. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 76th minute burchtheren goal, making it 1 - 6. Jaakko Hanskki was noted down as the scorer. The structure of the game started to change as burchtheren decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Clever playing that showed his experience rendered Helmut Buijk a good chance to score, but the shot hit the crossbar. Dimitris Niemeijer increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 7. burchtheren, bringing the final ball possession rate to 95 percent, dominated the battle.

ilfalio's best player was Jochum Aalbers. Caspar Linden on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating burchtheren player was without a doubt Simon van Gerwen. Helmut Buijk was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 7.

I espially like the 95% possesion. Yes I am greedy and still want the last 5 as well.

yndy
03-10-2005, 20:53
I teased my series colleague last week and he played normal at home (maybe MOTS-ed but I doubt it). Result: 4-1 for him. I had a bad start this season, hope to improve soon.

Kingreno
03-10-2005, 20:57
I shocked my home crowd by winning 1-0 against Texel, a better team then mine. I played 5-3-2 CA with both Wingbacks towards middle and one IM, defensive. He played AIM and my Brilliant central defence (low) made sure he did not score. I lucked out on scoring myself as it was a SP event! lucky but welcome.[blush]

Darth Pugwash
03-10-2005, 21:47
quote:Originally posted by arne1

I had a crushing 7-1 victory.

A 7-1 victory for me too!:D

Glad to get some points on the board after a bad start to the season.

socralynnek
03-10-2005, 22:23
won against a wo.
grabbing spot no 1 in my league and will never leave it ;)