PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous user

Socrates
30-09-2005, 17:59
Who is this ? Could it be anarres ? It's not the first time I see this one, and apparently it's not a bot. Is this what you get when you toggle off the "show in active users" option ?

EDIT : Removed the pic for obvious reasons. [mischief] But it shows anonymous users there. And I saw you try it, Shabba. ;)

Shabbaman
30-09-2005, 18:00
Apparently, yes.

Just tested it. Now, let's find out who it is!

Kemal
30-09-2005, 18:05
I saw this too, and saw a certain admin posting during this time, so I guessed it must be this admin. Obviously, the person in question would have a reason to remain anonymous, though, I presume...

Beam
30-09-2005, 18:06
A certain admin hos been browsing the site as anonymous before. Nevertheless, here is the pic.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Beam/200593018645_anonymous.jpg
70.47KB

Socrates
30-09-2005, 18:10
Doh, and to think that was my 2000th post. [lol]

It's odd, I wonder why it is so. Explains why this person seemed to not have visited this site for a week until yesterday. [mischief] Maybe a surprise ?

Thanks Beam, I removed my pic because it showed something that not everyone here should see in active users, but yours is OK in this regard. Now I'd like to have the right to delete my pic from the server... :(

BTW, why would it be an admin ? Because if it is, he is browsing the Diplo threads... [tongue]

Beam
30-09-2005, 18:24
Q: which admin is making long hours at work and plays Diplo?

ProPain
30-09-2005, 18:50
A: not me.

Socrates
30-09-2005, 18:57
Newsflash : I've just received a PM from the Anonymous User ! [:o] Well, I got a PM or two, and then I had a peak at "active users", and the AU was into privatesend info !! Moreover, of the two guys I received a PM from very recently, one of them is correctly listed in active users, whereas the other one is missing. Knowing you usually get 20 minutes at CDZ before being disconnected, this is yet another evidence that the AU is being unveiled. OK, I'm hearing you wonder why I couldn't guess his identity just by reading his username in the PM... Well, you know, I'm short on money, and... my family is poor and I don't want them to be badly treated if I do something wrong and stuff... :( Silence keeps me alive.

More at eleven. [goodjob]

Beam
30-09-2005, 19:18
[rotfl]

Did you PM our poor AU weekend has jsut started?

Socrates
30-09-2005, 19:48
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Did you PM our poor AU weekend has jsut started?

Sorry, what was that again ? :D

[cry]

Melifluous
30-09-2005, 19:57
Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed they dont quite seem to mean as much.

Except you get to hang out with your working friends...

Melifluous

Socrates
30-09-2005, 20:00
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed they dont quite seem to mean as much.
I agree, I'm in that case, but nor for long I hope. But I was commenting on the AU's case. Were you commenting on me or yourself BTW ? [mischief] [lol] [blush2]

quote:Except you get to hang out with your working friends...
I totally agree ! [:o] Going to see a movie tonight, with a friend of mine who is at work now, and then I don't know.

Socrates
23-11-2005, 02:20
So I was browsing the memebers' list tonight, and here's the situation :
- anarres : Missing since last month. Had some activity at CFC during the day, but one could wonder if he has completely disappeared from the 'relax' world. Any hint, dear cookie monsta ?
- Grille : No word from him since last summer, even more frightening. You guys saw him a bit before at Killer's, right ? Anything, anyone ?
- jack merchant : No sign since last year, despite having a good time with him at Beam's a bit before. Again, anyone ?
- Skyfish/Aggie : Don't know why I'm asking, I know the answers. Saw the former pop his head at CFC's Civ4 place recently, and heard about the latter's total Civ burnout. Just hope they're fine.

Could very well happen to me too, but I think I couldn't resist leaving you with a word or two. So I'm not asking anything beyond any information that one may have or may be able to have. Just because we're a happy family (Ramones TM) and we care. :) Hum, in the case of our anarchist butcher, could be good to take care of this site a bit, PP seems to be quite busy in RL too. [hmm]

Pastorius
23-11-2005, 07:28
Which is why Mel should be made co-admin [mischief]

Last edited by Melifluous 23.11.2005 - 06:30

;)

Darkness
23-11-2005, 08:37
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Which is why Mel should be made co-admin [mischief]

Last edited by Melifluous 23.11.2005 - 06:30

;)

Now that would be a lot more convincing if the edit time was later than the post time.... [lol] ;)

Shabbaman
23-11-2005, 10:06
It's a horrible idea, then I wouldn't be able to edit his horrible spam posts [spam2]
But it'd be nice if someone else besides the admins could add news to the front page. Time to bump the News thread!

ProPain
23-11-2005, 10:25
started this thread about the CDZ structure (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3251) to discuss this matter in less spammy way [:p]