PDA

View Full Version : Cup matches round 3

socralynnek
27-09-2005, 23:19
Round 3 is the final round for the brave Grasshoppers.
Against a team from league IV, the penalty shootout decided.
My new player, who I bought today (a formidable defender with header specialty) scored with a header after a corner...
With a little luck, I could have even won as I had 60% posession since some of my best players played.
At least that will not drop the supporters spirit very much, I hope.

Dell19
28-09-2005, 15:30
Won 1-5 and am home in the next round against an IV team. He says he will be playing his reserve midfield trainees so I have a good chance of getting to the next round.

Shabbaman
28-09-2005, 17:38
0-3 ahead after 30 minutes. Should've picced...

Kemal
28-09-2005, 18:47
Won 5-0 against a 5th division side!

However, what was truly shocking to me is that I got my best midfield rating ever (passable (very low)) by far.... while Playing it Cool??? Some bug perhaps, I really can't explain this otherwise...

ProPain
28-09-2005, 19:06
I;m in extra time atm, really amazed I made it this far I was down 1-3 in the 88th minute [cool]

Kemal
28-09-2005, 19:12
Come on PP SV, Come on PP SV!

A thriller indeed, watching it as we speak... but what is it with PP SV and star players getting injured? [sad]

Kingreno
28-09-2005, 19:13
Lost 0-5 with my second team. Sups to furious and downhill from here as my only decent offensive player in passable form (weak seems to be favorite this week...) was kicked out for 2 weeks.

@ Kemal: Your midfield was so good because your 5th div opponent has a wretched mf and your average form was solid...also your TS is high is it not?

@ PP: exciting match but your best player just got hammered...

ProPain
28-09-2005, 19:15
AAAARGHHH. There goes my magni midfielder. 3.6M euro worth of player, just hope he isn't out for too long.

Kemal
28-09-2005, 19:15
@KR: well, in the derby vs Lamme Draken I only got to inadequate low... which was my previous best. So on playing it cool, I'm still very much surprised to be honest, though not complainging of course. :)

TS is content, not that good, with a wretched LS coach. :(

Kemal
28-09-2005, 19:17
First penalty scored for PP! [yeah]

You did set your penalty takers I hope, did you? ;)

ProPain
28-09-2005, 19:20
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

First penalty scored for PP! [yeah]

You did set your penalty takers I hope, did you? ;)

I never did set my penalty order for the last year, today I though: "What the heck, you never know." and set it...

Kemal
28-09-2005, 19:23
And it seems to be paying off!!! Congrats, a stunning cup win! [goodjob]

Kingreno
28-09-2005, 19:32
Great result...Fabian out for 4 weeks![sulk]

ProPain
28-09-2005, 19:38
4 weeks [cry]. My team is cursed where injuries are concerned.

Well at least I had some financial luck this weeks. 100K from old players and a skill up from my semi trainee. Time for a new midfielder.

Kemal
29-09-2005, 11:06
Any CDZ team seeing possibilities to progress to round 5 in the cup? :)

I've just been taking a look at my own next cup opponent, check out these ratings in his latest league match:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Kemal/20059291148_ratings.jpg
11.88KB

Whoops! I'll just brace myself for the biggest loss ever. [scared]

Shabbaman
29-09-2005, 11:52
I'm playing another 6th division team. I haven't looked at his history yet, but he's in first place and has about as much stars as I do. But he's playing 3-5-2, so obviously his midfield rating is better. My performance against 3-5-2 teams is reasonable, so my chances are 50-50 I think.

More on that later.

ProPain
29-09-2005, 12:17
My opponent:

Real Heemskerk
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack in the Middle
Tactic skill: formidable

Midfield: solid (very high)
Right Defence: passable (very low)
Central Defence: passable (very high)
Left Defence: passable (low)
Right Attack: solid (very low)
Central Attack: excellent (high)
Left Attack: inadequate (very low)

He scores little over 50 stars. So way better than me, both star and midfield wise. With my best MF in the hospital I'm on my way out for sure. I supppose another 3-4-3 CA gone lucky is my only chance.

At least I'm gonna earn an extra 133K, which gets me at my season financial target of 2,5M already. Need to spend that money right away however to replace my injured midfielder to assure I end top 2 in my league. Already I have found a nice brilliant midfielder. Should I be able to buy him I'll rule my league for sure once Fabian returns from sick bay.

Swingue
29-09-2005, 14:00
I won!
I won!

I won!
amazing: 4-2 victory with at least 5 stars less.

Next opponent, impossible.

What do you do about:
quote:
Arjen Robben
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: formidable (low)
Right Defence: formidable (high)
Central Defence: formidable (very low)
Left Defence: excellent (very high)
Right Attack: excellent (very high)
Central Attack: excellent (very low)
Left Attack: formidable (very high)

[aargh]

I guess this is a good time to PIC.
I guess PP is the lucky one with his opponent.

yndy
29-09-2005, 14:13
I barely won myself. My team was marginally better but he lead 1-0 until the end of the game when I scored 2 goals in a quick succession with only 10 men on the field (one defender was red-carded). Next game is still away for me, a team somewhat comparable but he's playing at home and I will play my best team on Saturday, so it looks like a PiC for me with a 10-0 defeat in the next round of the Cup.

2 Fast 2 Furios
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (no tactic)

Midfield: passable (very low)
Right Defence: solid (very high)
Central Defence: passable (high)
Left Defence: passable (low)
Right Attack: solid (low)
Central Attack: weak (very low)
Left Attack: passable (very low)

ProPain
29-09-2005, 21:07
@ swingue: [eek] that looks like trouble man. Maybe CA and pray, pray, pray.