PDA

View Full Version : Season 27 Round 2 Results

Melifluous
25-09-2005, 21:00
It aint now ;)

After the loss in the first round I play the early leader.

Now he said that he'd MOTS'ed the first game and being newly promoted I decide to MOTS this one thinking he may PIC the new guy. I also pump the midfield (both wingers towards the middle) and manage a Solid (very low) midfield rating.

So it all comes down to my 41 stars against his 52 stars.

I kicked his ass!

Woot...

quote:
At Meli's Manglers Arena, 31624 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Becerra - Hoff, Spreadbury, Castellanos - Haugstad, Carroll, de Klaver, Sprengen, Quigley-Parks - Eriksson, Corrales Ortega. billies had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Frostenby - Phillips, Ekhart, Abizanda - Lilletvedt, Molborg, van Enschedé, Halkoato, Nonin - Bruce, Dierckens. Andy Quigley-Parks really should have scored when he was chosen by fate to confront a wide open goal following a great play by Roddy Carroll after a corner. Manglers had a good opportunity to take the lead as Tomas H. Eriksson came up the left side, but he struck the ball weakly and it went straight into the arms of Stefan Frostenby. Andy Quigley-Parks was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Nils Haugstad managed to kick one of them into 1 - 0 in the 25th minute. 1 - 0 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 66 percent possession of the ball. Visitors Paul Bruce was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 1 - 1 in the 60th minute. Miguel Ángel Corrales Ortega gave his Manglers the lead with 2 - 1, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate. Most important Manglers player was Erdem de Klaver. David Spreadbury on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating billies player was without a doubt Joël Nonin. Markus Lilletvedt on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 1.

After the pitch invasion calmed down and the manager was hastily rescued from the pub all is well in the Meli Camp...

Melifluous

[party]

PS. My best player, Erdem de Klaver, hits 5 stars for the first time :)

Kemal
25-09-2005, 22:51
Congrats man, outstanding win [goodjob], may I ask to join the celebrations?

Snaken pulled off a stunning victory against the team to beat in the vi.271, with a mere 37.5 stars vs his 45, a very tense match ends 2-3! [dance][party][dance]

quote:
Due to an all-day shower, 25236 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at De Khoningen Burcht. Everyone was excited about the upcoming Utrecht derby and the crowd was divided evenly. Draken started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Sedner - Rutten, Mikula, Bolliger - De Capite, Schreeber, Joha, Huysdens, Larsson - Ciprés, Stăncescu.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Mi#322;ek - Öztürk, Lucado, Meesen - Espinola, Balyon, Lavie, Hansson - Snoj, Sánchez, Hoseth.

After a fine move down the middle Bo Joha nearly gave the home side one up in the 24th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. 26 minutes into the fray Mohamed Hoseth popped up from nowhere, stole the ball and scored. In the 35th minute Draken was able to score the equalising 1 - 1 goal. Mugurel Stăncescu picked up a pass coming in from the right and chipped it past the away teams goalie. In a rapid move, Mauro Sánchez of Snaken lost his man, passed the ball to the unmarked Klemen Snoj who easily hit it home for the 1-2 goal. In the 40th minute the visitors put themselves ahead 1 - 3 as Klemen Snoj finished off an attack from the left with a spectacular scissors kick. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. Draken reduced the score in the 41st minute to 2 - 3 when Rembrandt Huysdens got the best of a ball floated in from the left. The referee showed Snaken's Gal Lavie the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Due to a severely mistimed tackle, Bo Joha spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 3. Draken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle.

Snaken had, after 56 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure. Snaken's Vilhelm Hansson got himself booked after a foul. Mauro Sánchez, who often relies on his speed, had a rotten day on the drenched grass. No one team arose to dominate this half, ending in a deadlock.

Draken's best player was Bo Joha. Silvano Bolliger on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Florian Lucado on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 3.

Better still, I actually Pic-ed the game as well, making the result even more incomprehensible. Not that I'm complaining of course... [yeah]

bed_head7
26-09-2005, 03:58
Well, I tied a much weaker team. So it couldn't have gone much better.

I have made it my goal to stay in div VI for at least two seasons, so I can test the waters with regard to positioning and tactics without much concern for the results. If I play my best every Sunday, I think I would end up right back in a division V series, because most of the league is fairly weak, and I got lucky and beat the guy who'll give me the most competition last week. Anyway, I trained stamina for an extra week, so my form is really low, but I didn't think it would be enough, so I PiC-ed and put in my friendly midfield instead of my match infield. I wound up with a tie! It was a road game, so the supporters mood didn't change (still content) nor did sponsors. Team spirit is up and will only increase, as I plan to PiC at least the next game and probably the one after as well. If all goes to plan, I will earn myself top spot in the league, but be below the promotion line, meaning I will get a qualification match (which I will then throw) for some extra training/cash. I don't expect it to be easy, but so far so good.

yndy
26-09-2005, 09:44
Congrats Meli and Kemal. Truly good matches. I got a walkover. Maybe in the Cup it will be more tensed.

Melifluous
26-09-2005, 12:06
Can I just point all you guys at the stats for Div V here in England.

http://england.hatstats.info/series.php?level=5&

Yup thats my league at the top :)

Melifluous

socralynnek
26-09-2005, 14:26
I won 0-1 away against a weak team. I have left some players out who will play in the cup. Could have gone wrong but it's ok now.
I PICed all 4 games, so my TS is "auf Wolke sieben" (The 2nd highest)
I will PIC in the cup because I think I am going to lose anyway.
Playing a WO this weekend so I will go with very high team spirit into the hard matches.

Darth Pugwash
26-09-2005, 18:49
The start from hell for me as I lost 3-0 and 9-0(!) to teams I am capable of beating.

Dell19
26-09-2005, 20:11
I lost 5-1. Had hoped to have 3 or at least 1 point by now.

Swingue
26-09-2005, 22:20
Amazing, I beat the team I thought would be winner of this league.
Hmmm, who knows what this league might bring me: [assw]

quote:
At SwingStars Arena, 25000 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Everyone was excited about the upcoming Gelderland derby and the crowd was divided evenly. SwingStars had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Puentes - Kronberger, Heins, Klarenbeek - Bronneberg, Toda, Chagas, Tillbrant, Knoester - van de Garde, Fiume.

KuchYA tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. They fielded: Tichon - Piegza, Ilie, Mustala, Lommen, das Mercęs - Jonak, Kivi, Poulalhon, Mĺnstĺl - Andersson.

KuchYA were relying on their ability to counter-attack. KuchYA's Johan Mĺnstĺl could have put the guests one up in the 15th minute, chasing a through ball but Guillermo Puentes was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. SwingStars were very close to putting themselves one up in the 23rd minute as Stefan Tillbrant got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Joni Mustala of KuchYA received a yellow card in the 25th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Halftime score was 0 - 0. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

When Joni Mustala made yet another studs first tackle in the game's 48th minute, the referee was obliged to book the KuchYA player for the second time, sending him off the pitch. A lunatic dribble by Vili Kivi, in front of the own keeper, set up SwingStars´s Vic Fiume for an embarrasingly easy strike. 1 - 0... SwingStars made a substitution in the 72nd minute. Vic Fiume limped off the field and was replaced by Noël Postuma. Lex Lommen was suffering from cramps and had big difficulties keeping up as the opponentes pushed forward. Ruud-Jan van de Garde had no problems getting through and hit home the 2 - 0 goal. After this SwingStars lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

The most dominating SwingStars player was without a doubt Stefan Tillbrant. Noël Postuma was a disappointment, however. Most important KuchYA player was Yehuda Tichon. Lex Lommen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 0.

Mistfit
27-09-2005, 13:47
I got a very disappointing result from this weekends match :( I ended with a 0-0 against a team that I should have beated fairly solidly. I had 71% 1st 1/2 and 68% 2nd 1/2 possession and had 29.5 stars to his 26. The first 2 matches of the season have been a real bummer. To top it off my star forward is injured and out for 4 weeks too.

arne1
02-10-2005, 23:36
I beat two "contenders" for the title allreays and including me thera are five. So it is going well. Also got a weak (very low) midfiled which was a positive surprise for me.