PDA

View Full Version : Cup Matches Round 2

Kemal
21-09-2005, 20:54
Snaken made it to round 3 [party], after beating their mirror image Snakemasters 3-2 in an absolute thriller:

quote:
The 32936 spectators at FC De Snaken Arena were in for an afternoon of sunshine. Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. Lineup: Mi#322;ek - Lucado, Balyon, Öztürk - Halling, Lavie, Hansson, Espinola - Billand, Kronskär, Catanã.

SnakeMasters had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Hartholt - Lozana, Joachems, Jongsma - Kleine, Fletcher, Käppeli, Heijltjes - Kreuk, La Rocca, Varnovskiy.

The referee showed Snaken's Ristea Catanã the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Per Kronskär seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 1-0. The previous Snaken corner kick was executed by Gal Lavie. Visitors Gianfranco La Rocca was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 1 - 1 in the 24th minute. In the 27th minute the home side managed to get a 2 - 1 lead as Peter Billand flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right. SnakeMasters got a chance to level the score as Timothy Fletcher suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar. Snaken's Gal Lavie got himself booked after a foul. SnakeMasters were forced to a substitution as Marc Kleine couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Juuso Laasimo to come in from the sidelines. The referee showed Snaken's Boe Halling the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Snaken´s Jose Maria Espinola putting the lead up to 3 - 1. By now Snaken were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. Unsportsmanlike behaviour by Boe Halling rendered him his second booking of the match, and Snaken had to finish the game with a reduced squad. Florian Lucado got left behind when SnakeMasters´s Edward Kreuk made a sudden pull forward in the 80th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 3-2! After 84 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Per Kronskär might have resulted in another goal for Snaken. However, Ulf Hartholt made a spectacular save. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, SnakeMasters's Davide Käppeli got himself booked. Snaken´s Ristea Catanã had an excellent opportunity in the 87th minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 57 percent, dominated the battle.

Snaken's best player was Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Florian Lucado was a disappointment, however. The most dominating SnakeMasters player was without a doubt Ulf Hartholt. However, Juuso Laasimo made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 2.

This really was a scary match-up.... not only did our teamnames more or less match, we also:

- have very similar club logos
- have the same club colours
- used the same formation
- repositioned the same players on exactly the same positions
- both train forwards
- had more or less comparable ratings in the previous cup round

And to add to that, my midfielder Boe Halling was sent off, while a bit earlier his midfielder *on exactly the same location* was taken off and replaced by a 0* coach, in essence both of us lost the same player... wow, can it be a coincidence, one starts to wonder...[eek]

Fortunately, the score wasn't mirrored, nor was the ticket revenue: An almost full Snaken Arena (thank you [sunn]) saw an additional 157K flowing into the Snaken treasury. [beer1]

Kingreno
21-09-2005, 21:12
Well done Snaken! Good stuff you could concentrate on the cup after last sundays WO. Next round could be tough though...

I trounced a 6th division team 1-7. [beer1]

Kemal
21-09-2005, 22:11
Most definitely it will be tough, a 5th div team coming to the Snaken Arena, so I guess that's the end.

Ehmm... 1-7 against a *6th* div team??? [thumbsup] All hail the mighty Aristocats! [thumbsup]

Going to break your record run of last year then eh?

Swingue
21-09-2005, 22:17
I had a WO this cupgame:

quote:
13347 spectators had found their way to SwingStars Arena, despite the heavy rain. SwingStars had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Lagreca - Verhoef, Coulen, Heil - Veraar, Kuiper, Allach, Schwansee, Arkesteijn - Postuma, Sauter.

marshell tactics involved an interesting 0-0-0 combination. The following players had been chosen: - - - .

The game couldn´t be played and the referee had to declare the home side the winner with 5-0 due to a walk over. This was caused by the visitors not having 9 players fit for the game! The match ends 5 - 0.

Next week a Vth division team who scored 45 stars last match. Though my midfield is better, so i might try a MODS against him, with home advantage, who knows.

[meany]

Shabbaman
21-09-2005, 22:58
I had a walkover. Next is a 6th division defense trainer playing 4-4-2. Doable, but I can't PIC.

ProPain
21-09-2005, 23:42
Won 3-2, I'm facing a 6th division team next. Thought that was quite lucky untill I saw his ratings. Solid midfield [eek] rest of his team is a bit better than mine, 39.5 stars total. Dunno what I'm gonna do, but PIC'ing comes to mind

Kingreno
22-09-2005, 09:47
I am playing a 6th div team again but one that relegated from the 5th. He has near passable midfield and a very decent 3-5-2 all round. Perhaps it is time to call in that World Clas Counter attack.[evil]

Odds are 40-60 in his favour.

@ Swingue: Don't Mots your cupgame! It is definately not worth the crappy TS you'll have for the next 10 matches!!

Swingue
22-09-2005, 11:53
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

@ Swingue: Don't Mots your cupgame! It is definately not worth the crappy TS you'll have for the next 10 matches!!

Nah, I won't do it, but i definately considered. I still think i have a chance. HO! gives me a 60% chance of winning but all of his team (excluding my goalkeeper) is better than mine.

My midfield is weak (++), his is weak (--) (though he had a passable (-) midfield some games ago.
for the rest he is better.

My question is do I field my best goalkeeper in the league or in the cup?
And do i have a chance, if not I might as well PIC this game.

akots
22-09-2005, 11:59
I've lost like an idiot. Could have easily won. The guy I played has an extremely strong first squad but very weak second squad which he fielded for the cup. I also fielded my crippled second squad and pic'ed hence lost. That is very disappointing indeed. [sad]

But overall, this was a good week which brought me around 400K in ticket sales.

socralynnek
22-09-2005, 12:04
I piced and won 3-2 in overtime...maybe that guy should not have played CA.
Now I'm playing a guy which 2nd team is as strong as my first from 4th Division, so I hope for a sold out match and will PIC and use my mega Team spirit to win my league...we'll see.

Shabbaman
22-09-2005, 12:06
I think fielding your second team and then piccing is a bad idea to start with. Even if you're sure you're going to loose, you should try to keep it in check to keep your supporters happy (or less pissed).

socralynnek
22-09-2005, 14:21
On my training position, I will field others then in the league, but one is good and one is very good (my offensive defender)
In the defence and offense I am not sure but I guess you are right, so I will at least not lose that high.

Dell19
22-09-2005, 14:42
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

10 matches? Thats a bit of an exageration. I will probably play normal next round and play 1 of my first team trainees as I've given up on the league and should be able to cruise towards a playoff place.

Won 1-8 in the second round.

Kingreno
22-09-2005, 16:07
@ Dell: I should have stated ten matches including possible next cup matches and (also ver important) CDZ cup matches. But still I think having Furious TS for at least 2 league matches to come will not do any team good.

On which squad to play...I have played my first team in all cup matches since the gained experience is massive.

Dell19
22-09-2005, 17:14
Getting to the next round in the cup is probably going to give a full attendence which is worth a nice amount of money and like you said the experience is nice and winning in the cup will make up for losing in the league in terms of supporter mood for the week.

It should only take 2 matches to get back to midpoint of TS after a MOTS and possibly just one week if your coach has high leadership. I've played most of my full team but I generally play my reserve trainees since I thought I needed them in my league games.

akots
22-09-2005, 20:45
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I think fielding your second team and then piccing is a bad idea to start with. Even if you're sure you're going to loose, you should try to keep it in check to keep your supporters happy (or less pissed).

A very wise notion. Fortunately, it is not that bad, I've lost only 1:2 and supporters are down to content only. Even 5 more have signed up today. God thing that team spirit is content as well. Surely inadequate leadership of the new coach helps.

Mistfit
23-09-2005, 00:47
I got my ass handed to me in a basket as expected. confidence ts and supporters all down. Not much I could do as the guy I played fielded 43 stars. I fielded 29. Oh well on to the season!

Melifluous
23-09-2005, 01:04
Forgot to set my lineup and won away from home against someone in the league below me.

Someone from my league in the next round and hope to win.

In other news my league was rated 16th strongest in the Vth in England and team top of my league rated 5th team in Vth.

Could well be straight down again next season.

Still keeps me free to play my strongest team in a CDZ cup this season [fdevil]

Melifluous

yndy
23-09-2005, 09:50
I won 6-1 against a Div VII and will play a Div VI team. I plan on winning, but it will really need my dedicated attention to make sure I go through.

Dell19
23-09-2005, 13:10
V.212 was ranked 56th with my goalkeeper and a striker getting into the team of the week.