PDA

View Full Version : Season 27 Round 1 Results

Kemal
18-09-2005, 22:25
So, how did you all do in the opening fixture of the league?

I had a 5-0 WO myself, but was entertained seeing my opponents reach an excellent attack and solid midfiels. [eek]

On the other hand, this season's goal wasn't "avoiding the drop" for nothing, I suppose. :)

ProPain
18-09-2005, 22:40
I had a walkover as well. Other matches are not yet done ( 5 mins to go) but I;m very curious to see how everybody performed.

EDIT : games are over, what did I learn:

- all opponents have different play styles. 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 are all played in this league.

3-5-2 team has poor (very low) midfield and 28,5 stars. Other all have wretched midfields ranging from low to very high. stars between 28-30. Last opponent had a walkover as well, 27 stars and 4-4-2.

I should be able to win against all of them. Also the PP SV coffers are filled. 2M atm and I'll be selling 2 more players maybe even 3. Need 2 more trainees, so I guess after selling and buying I'm left with 1.5M but at current spectators and sponsoring I wont be earning a lot this season. Maybe 250K but that's it, so I hope my economy picks up a bit and I draw maybe another great YP. Goal is to end season 2.5M to 3M so I can buy another decent midfielder when I return to the 6th.

Dell19
18-09-2005, 23:25
For the third time I lost to this team because they have a decent midfield. This time I actually matched their midfield and had the better attack and defence so I am not taking the defeat well.

akots
19-09-2005, 04:12
The start had been not good. I reach excellent attack in the center for the first time but made a 3:3 draw to a rather weak team because did not get enough possession. It might be he motsed whereas I did not. The league is rather heavily oriented onto 3-5-2 and playing 3-4-3 with rather crappy midfield and defence will not work apparently. I'm having around 1.5 million in the bank though. This is not enough however, since I need both a good keeper and at least 2 formidable-outstanding midfields to survive. A couple of formidable defenders would not hurt as well. The only thing I'm OK with is forwards and more or less wingers.

I'm seriously considering switching to playmaking training may be even in the middle of the season. Just need 3 forward trainees to pop at least one level. It seems that high excellent/low formidable attack which I might have should be enough for some time. Thing look grim and I don't think I can try for 4th place. But 5th or 6 th place this season can be acceptable as well. And no walkovers again, not a single one. [sad]

bed_head7
19-09-2005, 04:54
My season started off great! A record number of fans in the arena (a measly 72--, but well over what I managed losing all of last year), and a 3-1 victory over the team most likely to win it all this season. Next week I play a rather weak time, so my only concern is whether or not to PiC. I also play a far better team next round of the cup. It would probably be too much to ask to hope for a win. I don't know. Maybe I'll post something in my thread later today or tomorrow and get your opinions on my chances.

Mistfit
19-09-2005, 13:54
I played the guy that won my division last season an was beaten soundly 5-1. I tried going all out midfield and had poor (high) Midfield to his weak (low)and still lost time of possession in both 1/2 of the game.

I will be done with the cup this week as well. Playing a division 4 guy :(

Swingue
19-09-2005, 18:55
I won 0-1 against the other team that promoted. Looks like i am going to do quit well this season comparing stars
who knows.

ProPain
19-09-2005, 20:43
quote:Originally posted by Swingue

Looks like i am going to do quit well this season comparing stars
who knows.

interesting typo :D

socralynnek
20-09-2005, 15:15
Won 2-0 against the 4th of last season who prevented my promotion last year.
I have some easy games now, so the hard ones will group from day 5 to 10.

Kingreno
20-09-2005, 18:00
Lost 1-3. This season will suck as I should beat the 3 worst teams in the league and will lose from the three best teams. A phenomenal fight for place 4 is in the making. bleh.

Melifluous
25-09-2005, 20:56
Losts 4-2 to the other team that promoted.

They think its all over...

Melifluous

yndy
26-09-2005, 09:45
I gave up the fight against the team relegated from IV. Was lucky to lose only 5-1.