PDA

View Full Version : Strategy or multiplayer discussion?

Shabbaman
14-09-2005, 12:03
So we got ourselves a new forum to spa... err... use. IMO the civ3 GD subforum didn't generate that much traffic that a new GD forum needs to be split. We actually have a civ3 SP strategy subforum with a total of 114 posts! So what are we going to use this for? Propain (apparently ;) ) suggested the strategy forum, but with this being a multiplayer forum predominantly and all I'd say we need a multiplayer discussion forum. Or should that just go into GD as well?

I guess we need more subfora in the future for mods, SG's, opponent finding and mapmaking once civIV is actually in stores.

Matrix
14-09-2005, 12:13
For my part strategy and multiplayer discussions can all go in general discussion.

Shabbaman
14-09-2005, 12:15
OK... what do you suggest we use this one for then?

ProPain
14-09-2005, 12:19
I created the Strat forum because I though we might actually need one for Civ IV. When we started CDZ Civ3 strat wasnt a real issue as most of the Civ3 inner workings were known already. When Civ IV is released the process of decomposing the game in the seperate formulae starts all over. I for one prefer to discuss civ4 start on CDZ rather than on CFC so SD shoudl be usefull for that.

Socrates
14-09-2005, 14:17
I voted "strategy discussion".

I agree with PP : CDZ wasn't there when Civ3 started, and we all learned to play the game elsewhere. With Civ4 it will be different, and so a forum about strategy discussion (ie. stuff that can apply to either solo or multi) is needed, if we want to discuss things here.

ProPain
14-09-2005, 14:57
I;m thinking both strat and MP fora can be made. but that's up to you mr. Mod :D

Shabbaman
14-09-2005, 16:20
Meh.

What's against discussing strategy in GD anyway? "That other site" has the same distinction, but it's pretty unclear what belongs where. Besides, nobody enforces it (but that's where the whip comes in, muahaha [whipped] ).

For instance, a discussion about a (previewed) unit in GD will eventually turn into a strategy discussion. Pretty obvious, since it's a strategy game.

But if we want to stand out with solid discussions on strategy, than perhaps it is a good idea to keep them seperate, and to moderate it (heavily?) to keep the discussions unspoiled. Idea?

P.S. You know, what would come in handy would be a thread splitting tool, to cut off topic discussion from threads. Is this a possibility with snitz forum?

Socrates
14-09-2005, 16:29
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

P.S. You know, what would come in handy would be a thread splitting tool, to cut off topic discussion from threads. Is this a possibility with snitz forum?

[col] [col] [col] rotflmao

*buzzer* Another question ? [shabba]

ProPain
14-09-2005, 16:44
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

Sadly not. It is however possible with VB3, anarres is working on migrating the current snitz database to the VB3 format so we can start using VB without losing our current content. Don't know the current status on that however.

I looked at the GD in our Civ 3 forum and it contains a very wide array of topics ranging from 'civilopedia' kinda questions to 'strategy' topics and finally more losely related civ3 stuff like 'do you guys play online'

I think a 'GD' forum and a 'civilopedia and strat' forum would be a nice division.

GD topics:
- do you also think the graphics stink
- whats your highest civ score ever

Civpedia and strat topics:
- anybody knows how that new governor works?
- Great strategy involving gladiator unit.

Markstar
14-09-2005, 18:21
Both, definitely.

Shabbaman
21-09-2005, 12:56
quote:Originally posted by ProPain
anybody knows how that new governor works?

Perhaps killer will start a new rtfm n00b thread with civ4.

Pastorius
21-09-2005, 13:36
Propain, please tell me more about the great strategy involving the gladiator unit
My highest civ score on a scale from 1-10 is less than yours, probably around 4000 or something.

:D

ProPain
21-09-2005, 13:38
It's kind of a new strat, only works should civ4 incorporate the gladiator unit.....