PDA

View Full Version : No job..... again!

Stapel
09-09-2005, 09:10
That's it!

My contract will not be renewed. Not really susprising, not really shocking, not really bad, since I did tell my boss (on 25 july) I did not feel like staying, but disappointing nevertheless.

Once again, I'm going to plunder the welfare system I was forced to join by the Dutch left-wing morons ;) .

Pastorius
09-09-2005, 09:21
better to have some social security than none, no?

and of course, better to go find a job you like, enjoy and can flourish in (?) than to stay around in teh old one.

Stapel
09-09-2005, 10:42
quote:Originally posted by Paaliklesbetter to have some social security than none, no?
Of course!
but I'd like to see it privatised and partly un a voluntary basis.
IMHO, that would lead to lower premiums and higher out-pay.

quote:and of course, better to go find a job you like, enjoy and can flourish in (?) than to stay around in teh old one.

That's for sure!

Shabbaman
09-09-2005, 10:47
As of when?

Socrates
09-09-2005, 13:43
Yeah, surprising... [blush2] From what I read, you were on a definite-time contract (CDD in French) ? I don't know if it's common in the NL (I know unstable jobs are numerous in the UK, leading to less unemployment but also less stable jobs), but in France it is badly seen, hence more unemployment ? [mischief] Anyway, here's hoping you find an even more satisfying job in the near future.

Rik Meleet
09-09-2005, 13:52
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

Of course!
but I'd like to see it privatised and partly un a voluntary basis.
IMHO, that would lead to lower premiums and higher out-pay. [finger] Privatised is never better.

Stapel
09-09-2005, 14:12
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

As of when?

5 october

@Krys:
Yup, I had a 6 months contract.

@Rik
I'm always suspicious towards monopolies (governtment run or not). It leads to management self enriching, mismanagement and enormous inefficiency.
It puzzles me why employees can pick their own healthcare insurance, but can only pick one unemployment insurance.

The marble bathroom at the UWV (Dutch government run monopolist on social security insurances) is such a nice example.....

Matrix
09-09-2005, 15:52
Good luck on finding a new job, Stapel!

But...how the hell can an institution with the only purpose to give people money be privatised?

Beam
09-09-2005, 18:32
That sux Stapel, I'm sure you'll find another job but this ain't nice.

Lt. Killer M
09-09-2005, 21:28
ah, Bas, that sucks!

But knowing you it won't be too long (and thus too much money out of welfare) until you find something new - I jsut (!) hope this time it will be a job you really like :)

keirador
09-09-2005, 23:13
Sorry you're out of work, but it sounds like it was as much your decision to leave as your boss's. Good luck.

grs
10-09-2005, 11:05
Good luck finding a new job!

Stapel
10-09-2005, 21:15
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Good luck on finding a new job, Stapel!

But...how the hell can an institution with the only purpose to give people money be privatised?

Just like (compulsary) car insurance????

They also collect money!!

classical_hero
11-09-2005, 17:03
What did you do?