PDA

View Full Version : Season 27 cup - round 1

ProPain
08-09-2005, 23:47
Just found out I play a VIIIth divison team called 'de Raven' in teh first round.

Never plays a friendly and has a very curious line up: plays central midfield towards wings.....

Kingreno
09-09-2005, 08:58
I have a WO against a IXth div team.

Kemal
09-09-2005, 10:14
I play an 8th division team that has been playing hattrick even longer than I have... [sad]

Still, he is not in the 8th for nothing of course, I should be able to beat him, but it's not a guaranteed win I'm afraid.

Shabbaman
09-09-2005, 10:48
I play an 8th division team that doesn't even bother to play friendlies. Should be entertaining.

Melifluous
09-09-2005, 11:35
I play a Division VII team.

Thats right someone from a division that didn't exist last season.

They've never played a single game :)

Should be hilarious [fdevil]

Melifluous

Dell19
09-09-2005, 12:55
Same for me.

Swingue
10-09-2005, 21:03
I play a VII division team which has stats that are similar to me or surpasses me.
I don't feel very comfortable.

bed_head7
10-09-2005, 23:42
I play another division VI team with a weaker everything and who started a month after me. I should win without a problem, but it won't be a blowout.

Shabbaman
11-09-2005, 00:23
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

I play a Division VII team.

Thats right someone from a division that didn't exist last season.

They've never played a single game :)

Should be hilarious [fdevil]

Melifluous

[whipped]

btw, are you sure you aren't playing a bot team? Bot teams sometimes have weird results...

Darth Pugwash
11-09-2005, 12:11
I'm playing another 6th division team who only started during the last weeks of last season, so I should be able to win.

Dell19
11-09-2005, 13:45
We are playing new computer teams that play 4-4-2 apparently.

Swingue
14-09-2005, 18:50
How about a close call

quote:
Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 14237 at FC Kemphaenen Arena today. Kemphaenen tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Kraus - Cobbaert, Senders, Gallardo - Roerdink, Klaver, van de Sande, Högsten, Hümpel - Polhuis, Pérez.

SwingStars started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: Puentes - de Greef, Brandse, Kronberger - Bronneberg, Toda, Chagas, Tillbrant, Knoester - Postuma, van de Garde.

This was a good period for the visitors, with several opportunities to take the lead, particularly when Ruud-Jan van de Garde slipped through the defense to come up alone against Cedric Kraus, but the home side's keeper showed his lightning reflexes. SwingStars took the lead after 16 minutes with 0 - 1. Noël Postuma placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. A header from Augusto Gallardo connected with a corner kick after 28 minutes, and the ball ended up with Roman Hümpel of Kemphaenen who shot the 1-1 goal. 28 minutes into the game Noël Postuma was a hair´s breadth away from giving SwingStars the lead. A prompt block by Cedric Kraus saved the home team that time. Kemphaenen´s Ferdi Senders left the field after 30 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Rémi Berthou. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. SwingStars, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

This was a good period for the visitors, with several opportunities to take the lead, particularly when Stefan Tillbrant slipped through the defense to come up alone against Cedric Kraus, but the home side's keeper showed his lightning reflexes. Kemphaenen tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. In the 80th minute the home side managed to get a 2 - 1 lead as Remie Polhuis flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right. Aragorn Pérez of Kemphaenen received a yellow card in the 82th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. SwingStars will have to do without Danny Brandse for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Sjaak-Jan Heins. The visitors didn´t give in and after 84 minutes Stefan Tillbrant got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 2 - 2. The referee showed SwingStars's Ruud-Jan van de Garde the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. SwingStars had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 86th minute when Ruud-Jan van de Garde came up alone against Cedric Kraus who managed a block. Tsutomu Toda of SwingStars received a yellow card in the 88th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by SwingStars, with an impressive 55 percent possession of the ball.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. Rudi Bronneberg was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Ruud-Jan van de Garde managed to kick one of them into 2 - 3 in the 93rd minute. This put an end to extra time, making SwingStars the winners.

Kemal
14-09-2005, 19:56
Hmm, almost too close indeed swingue, but the team you played was pretty good it has to be said, well done on reaching round 2!

I had a pretty easy game myself, I decided not to try the new tactic since I was confident I could win without it and didn;t want to mess up the game by adding more random... and I ended up getting 3 SE anyway! [cool]

quote:
9071 spectators had come to R.K.V.V. Erp Arena this cloudy day. R.K.V.V. tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Mouris - van Ekris, Kal, El-Omar, Nijssen, den Ouden - Leal Silva, Baremans, Bruggemann - van der Aa, Beyer.

Snaken had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. They fielded: Mi#322;ek - Balyon, van Melis, Öztürk - Espinola, Halling, Lavie, Hansson - Billand, Kronskär, Catanã.

R.K.V.V. immediately set off pressing their opponents. At this time in the match, R.K.V.V. were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. In the game's 19th minute, Snaken's Vilhelm Hansson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Vilhelm Hansson for taking a dive. After 29 minutes R.K.V.V.´s Abdellah El-Omar contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. Snaken had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 30th minute when Peter Billand came up alone against Ernst-Jan Mouris who managed a block. Snaken took the lead in the games 34th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Berke Can Öztürk was the scorer. Boe Halling was, after 36 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Ernst-Jan Mouris saved. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 63 percent, dominated the battle.

Jose Maria Espinola seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 0-2. The previous Snaken corner kick was executed by Ristea Catanã. The visitors Jose Maria Espinola took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 56th minute. 0 - 3 for Snaken. By now Snaken were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. A penalty was missed by Snaken´s Ristea Catanã in the 58th minute of the game. Probably overconfident, he clipped a hard ball miles outside the left post. Abdellah El-Omar got left behind when Snaken´s Peter Billand made a sudden pull forward in the 75th minute, finishing off with a swift strike. 0-4! 76 minutes into the game Quirino Leal Silva had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Thom Wezel. Lion van Ekris tired completely after a while, but the team mates managed to cover for his mistakes. Snaken, bringing the final ball possession rate to 65 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating R.K.V.V. player was without a doubt Eddo Baremans. Ernst-Jan Mouris was a disappointment, however. The most dominating Snaken player was without a doubt Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Berke Can Öztürk on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 4.

What is definitely not good though is that my future coach still hasn't popped to solid exp... despite being extremely close to it for almost 6(!) weeks now.

Dell19
14-09-2005, 20:20
Won 0-8 and missed a penalty.

Mistfit
14-09-2005, 21:24
I just looked up who I'm playing and it turns out it is a computer team. This computer team has been either in 2nd or 3rd place in it's league since season 19. He averages 18.5 stars... If I lose this one I'm gonna be mad [pissed]

Darth Pugwash
14-09-2005, 21:36
I got a walkover, so I'm through to the next round. I'm up against a strong 5th division side, so I'll probably lose the next one (I'm in the 6th div).

ProPain
15-09-2005, 00:15
Won 1-4, playing a 6th division team next round. They ended 6th in their league and he's about my strength, looks like I;m fractionally better. Home match so that's an advantage at least and a league walkover match as a bonus, so I can PIC ( for what it's worth)

Energy
15-09-2005, 08:17
It's amazing. I won 6-3 against a 6th division team!! Never expected such a brilliance performance from the guys. My first win ever in the national cup! I did get a red card though. Does the card count for the competition as well??

And now hope this is not the highlight of my season. :D

Mistfit
15-09-2005, 14:03
Well very first cup game ended in a 0-5 win for the Marauders (against a computer team). This will sadly be my only Cup win this year as I will be playing round 2 against a team that promoted from series V to IV for season 27. His last loss was week five of season 26. He averages 44.5 stars and his clubs net worth is 22.4mil. My club averaged 26 stars and has a net worth of 1.8 mil. It was fun while it lasted. And I made 14K for playing away last week.

Do the cards in the cup count towards the season as well?

Shabbaman
15-09-2005, 16:23
They do. So my opponent next sunday will miss one of his star midfielders, muahaha!

I won 0-6, next round is a walkover.

Swingue
16-09-2005, 12:29
I will have a walkover next cup, amazing, so that means cup round 3 for me, muhahahahah