PDA

View Full Version : *** Spoiler *** The Rowing Muppets

Pages : [1] 2

grahamiam
08-09-2005, 17:58
If you are a memember of the Bearded Cows or the Red Nosed Orcas, please look the other way!

grahamiam
08-09-2005, 18:04
Civ discussion:
1 of our civ's must be the Iroquois. However, I don't think both of them need to be them.
Other AA UU civ's of interest:
Persians
Greeks
Romans
Egyptians
Celts, Sumerians (if 2 AGR civ's are allowed)

Probably others

Tubby Rower
08-09-2005, 21:33
Persians would be my choice out of the non-ag civs due to SCI & IND trait. If we are close together Iro could "borrow" a worker or two.

if 2 ags are allowed 2 Iroquois it is.

I don't care which I play. So once you decide on your choice send Rik my choice as the other civ.

grahamiam
08-09-2005, 22:00
ok, Persians sound good. That'll be speed + brute force, no need ever be on the defensive [lol] Plus, we'll get a free tech into the IA (if it makes it that far).

Now, we should decide on research priorities. Since neither of us will start with Pottery, the Persians should research it while the Iro go full speed for Philosophy.

Tubby Rower
09-09-2005, 03:31
10-4 good buddy..

Who's who? I really don't care. Are you going to send Rik the civs or do you want me to?

grahamiam
09-09-2005, 06:25
I'll play Iro and you can play Persians. I'm playing Persians vs Akots and that's enough for now :)

Tubby Rower
10-09-2005, 04:25
I sent our civ choices to bed_head.

grahamiam
10-09-2005, 05:40
thanks TR :)

I saw your comment about not ever playing regicide. basically, you get a king unit. once it dies, you die. therefore, use it wisely ;) early on, it is a very helpful explorer (probably why Rik and mistfit wanted to change the rule), so send it out, but not too far, just enough to know the surroundings and to find each other. and don't use it to pop huts!

also, when you get the save, send me your opening tech's as "accepted" in the F4 screen (if you can, may not be able to because I probably won't have a city if I go 2nd). I will then send mine in the same deal.

is this your 1st pbem?

Tubby Rower
10-09-2005, 21:46
yes solo. I'm playing the MTDG on CFC so I know a few of the quirks... But if something is important for me to know, Please tell me. I don't mind looking like a fool. I'd rather win than keep my dignity ;)

grahamiam
11-09-2005, 17:47
that's ok, here's a quick item list that Killer gave me in my 1st pbem.

quote:Remember to ALWAYS quit any game you play to the
main screen (CTRL-SHIFT-Q), THEN load the PBEM -
otehrwise you will be able to load the wrong saves
AND be able to continue playing with MY civ! :eek:
bad bad bug, but Firaxis deemed it unworthy of
fixing :(

Aside from that, there is one hgue bug: worker
actions finish at the END of your turn, not the
beginning of the next. Thus, 'will be done in 2
turns' actually means it will be done RIGHT AFTER
YOU END YOUR TURN! The next turn the worker has
used up its move and just stands there. This can
be important for luxury connection and chopping
wood.

Also, a worker that is busy cannot be activated
and moved in the same turn! Watch out for AI units
out to grab your workers!

Alright, that's it for now, if I remember anything
important I'll tell you.

also, remember to end your turn by hitting the spacebar. you will then be prompted to enter the name of the save (just keep the same convention, but change the letter from a to b or whatever).

we will hopefully be using Matrix's turntracker. so we'll need to upload the save there. once it starts, I'll take screenies to show you how (it's very easy).

Tubby Rower
12-09-2005, 16:03
Yes, thanks for that. I've noticed the worker finishing @ beginning of the turn, but I didn't think about them not being able to stop what they are doing and NOT being able to move.

Have you ever used F11 to see how you are standing with the other teams? I'm doing that in the MTDG over at CFC and it was quite enlightening. Also have you used a spreadsheet for your opening before? I have a fairly easy one to use if you want it.

grahamiam
12-09-2005, 16:32
I use F11 every turn after turn 30 or 40 ;)

Tubby Rower
12-09-2005, 17:55
F11 earlier could help in strategy too. I can keep track of it.

you didn't say whether or not you wanted a starting spreadsheet. So here it is if you want it. You'll have to change the center tile to 3 food since you'll be agricultual but other than that you just type in the tiles to use and can set everything up. The tiles are in the second sheet of the workbook

Download Attachment: icon_paperclip.gif Muppets_opening.zip (http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2005912165235_Muppets_opening.zip)
12.94KB

grahamiam
12-09-2005, 19:08
Ok, thanks TR :) Reason why I don't normally use F11 earlier is that I usually have my first 20 or so moves preplanned [eek] and try not to let emotions force me to change. However, this game will probably be over by 100 turns, so I will most likely look earlier :)

IRO: starts with Alpha and Pottery
Persians: starts with BW and Mas

Anyways, research should be that the Iro go for Writing and the Persians go for Warrior Code to protect us against any early archer rushes. From there, we'll need to decide on IW or Wheel for the Persians, based on the Iro research speed.

Tubby Rower
12-09-2005, 20:27
I was wondering what to research... I thought that the IRO start with Wheels. But I guess that was in regular civ. Why WC? Why not go directly for the resource-yielding IW? No issues, just a question.

grahamiam
12-09-2005, 20:36
Japan starts with WC (and I can think of no reason to take them other than they have WC). Best way to defend against an early archer rush is with archers of our own. We'll already have spears to take the high ground, so anyone who tries to attack us will be foolish.

It may be best to do IW after WC, not sure. Finding the iron and hooking it up early could be key, but setting up our cores and having ourselves protected from early rushes is absolutely necessary, imho.

Tubby Rower
12-09-2005, 20:47
When are you usually on MSN chat? We could hammer a lot of stuff out over IM rather than here.

EDIT:::I just looked at the turn-tracker. Are we supposed to upload it to there? or email it to the next player in line? I figure that it is the former.

grahamiam
12-09-2005, 21:05
For turn tracker you do the following:
1. select your game
2. select your name (then, add the page to your "Favorites" so you can go back later)
3. select the proper turn number
4. check the "Enable Upload" checkbox (should already be checked)
5. browse for file
6. upload it by clicking the "submit button

The turntracker will then show you a page reporting whether or not the file was saved. It will then dump you back to the turntracker page. No emails necessary and we can always see who sent the save last :)

I cannot get on MSN till later this week. Tuesday I will be out of town for work and tonight I'll be busy with an SG (hopefully, my last).

edit: I'll try tonight but I cannot promise anything. Sorry

Tubby Rower
12-09-2005, 21:10
Why would Rik be Spain? They are REL & SEA. I wonder if that is why Japan was selected due to the REL trait.

Which leads me to the next question.... Are we going for Monarchy or Republic? If this wasn't AW then I'd definately go for Republic but I wasn't sure of the consequences of Republic in a locked war.

grahamiam
12-09-2005, 21:28
I cannot figure out Spain either. I'll list the teams and see if I can make some sense :)

Orca's
Spain: REL, SEA (CB and Alpha) but it's a pangea???
IRO: AGR, COM (Pottery, Alpha)

Cow's
Iroquois: AGR, COM (Pottery, alpha)
Japan: REL, MIL (CB, WC)

So, it seems that they could be going for a Monarchy slingshot. As for us, if the game is only going to last 100 turns, I'm not even sure it's worth revolting. However, we could go as follows: Persia: WC, Myst, Poly; Iro: CB, Writing, Philosophy. Then get Monarchy as our free tech however, we would be at a disadvantage. If we want to go Monarchy (which I'm not against), then maybe the Persians need to do the lower tech tree while the Iro go straight for Philo. I would need to do some calc's to see what makes sense.

Tubby Rower
12-09-2005, 21:39
In your above scenario, We wouldn't get horses or iron. Is this a good idea? I do like the Despotism-only idea. It wouldn't be that bad.

grahamiam
12-09-2005, 21:44
That's very true, we would lack horses and iron which would be very bad. Also, if I can get Philosophy 1st, then we deny thier ability to do the slingshot, which would feel very good [evil]

Ok, let's stick to our original plan: IRO full speed for Philo, Persians start on WC, then we re-evaluate (Wheel or IW).

Tubby Rower
13-09-2005, 02:31
rememember, no emotional decisions ;)

Tubby Rower
13-09-2005, 14:26
I was talking with mistfit about this game and how excited we were to get it started. I popped the question about Spain. He said it was due to the UU, Conquistador. 6-tile movement since it treats all terrain as roads.

He also mentioned that he thought that Whomp's Japan choice was to see horses immediately. I think that the UU might have been more of the deciding factor. It really doesn't matter

Tubby Rower
13-09-2005, 14:56
Here is my start
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2005913135457_Tubbys_start.jpg
19.65*KB

Minimap
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/200591314233_Tubby_minimap.gif
1.62*KB

& here is what I've come up with for my initial builds and what tiles to work
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/200591314210_Tubbys_work.gif
38.86*KB

EDIT:: I realized that IND workers take 3 turns to irrigate..fixed the spreadsheet

grahamiam
13-09-2005, 15:24
IND workers take 2 turns to irrigate. Sorry, no time to review. how did you see your start? I did not play yet and I thought I was ahead of you?

Tubby Rower
13-09-2005, 15:43
I checked in game and it takes Persia 3 turns to irrigate, 2 turns to road, & 4 turns to mine. I believe in C3C, that the IND was changed from 200% efficiency to 150% efficiency. Either way, I have a spreadsheet with irrigating in 2 and another in 3 just in case. Depending on when the cow is irrigated, I'll use the appropriate spreadsheet.

The pic is from CivAssist 2. It'll show you a world map and everything even if the save that is loaded is not technically your turn. I thought that it might be of use to you since you will go first.

grahamiam
13-09-2005, 15:45
Ok, but you get the benefit in 2T, and your worker is frozen on the 3rd.

bed_head7
13-09-2005, 23:27
Note that Japan starts with the Wheel, not Warrior Code.

grahamiam
15-09-2005, 02:45
thanks bedhead. I thought militaristic starts with WC...

anyways, here's my start. I moved the chief 1st, saw the cow, then calculated that I'd grow in 6T if I moved (move + 3fpt from cow + 3fpt from AGR trait), 7T if I stayed put (only +3fpt till turn 10) so I moved. I have sent Pottery and Alpha to you, already accepted. just add your techs and accept.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/200591514513_initial moves, 4000BC.jpg

Tubby Rower
15-09-2005, 15:38
Ok I started this thing and forgot we were playing Accelerated Production. I adjusted my spreadsheet and now need advice on which way to go.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2005915143643_Tubby_4000.jpg
starting location

Which way should I go?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2005915143725_safe_start.gif
Safer start

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2005915143741_early settler.gif
Early settler

grahamiam
15-09-2005, 15:43
#1, you need a military unit, just to be safe. i forgot about AC as well :)

Tubby Rower
15-09-2005, 16:05
Ok. I figured that that one would work better. After posting them, I saw that I get my 3rd settler out on turn 19 in #1 & turn 20 in #2.

Do you need a spreadsheet for AP or not?

Also how can you delete attachments over here at CDZ?

grahamiam
15-09-2005, 18:33
not sure how to delete attachments. if you want, you can just email me the AC SS. I'll take a look at it later, not sure I'll use it but I might need to to get this stuff straight

Tubby Rower
15-09-2005, 18:52
Sent to your yahoo address. I filled it our a little based off of what your screenie showed.

Tubby Rower
23-09-2005, 14:18
Gram, I don't know what happened.... My capital grew to 2 even before the other two AGR teams. I irrigated my cow. The IND worker must do things at 2x the speed instead of 1.5x. I swear I did nothing. My spread sheet said that I should have had 7 food in the box this turn but I swear that I did nothing. Can someone else check on this? All I did was download the save and start it up and boom I had 2 pop. This was a little worrysome because I had to re-arrange my spreadsheet and enter in numbers manually. I'm at a lost of what to say or do. I finished playing the turns and sent it on to Rik.

grahamiam
23-09-2005, 15:34
TR, you have to remember, that you worker actions complete on the turn before they do in single player. So, if you click on your worker, and it says "2T to completion", that means that the work will be done when you hit the spacebar, and you get the benefits if your citizens are working that tile. Your worker will be frozen next turn, and then will be able to move the turn after.

So, if the Persians take 3T to irrigate a tile, they will recieve the benifit at the end of the 2nd turn.

grahamiam
23-09-2005, 15:53
this also means you can get the benefits of roads in 1 turn as well as mines if you use 2 workers. However, in pbems, as IND trait civ's, I try to avoid stacking workers early as improvements are layed down so fast that it's a waste.

Tubby Rower
06-10-2005, 18:11
OK I grew to pop 3 first again....This is weird since I'm the last person... I'm slowing my growth to get the granary up quicker. Which was in the original plan.

I think that my king is a bit far away, so I'm thinking of bringing him back

I have spices withing my capital's radius now. I also spotted some dyes 1S-1SW of where my king is now
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2005106171114_WHOMPUS_MApus.jpg
101.22*KB

Tubby Rower
06-10-2005, 18:33
I forgot to mention that I'm average militarily with everyone except Mistfit and I'm weak against him.... I have just my king, & a spear.

grahamiam
07-10-2005, 01:24
I think I am located south of you, however, not sure as I don't have a save with me atm. When I get back home this weekend, I'll post a pic as well.

grahamiam
10-10-2005, 01:43
whoops, should have done this last night :)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/2005101004158_3650BC.JPG

I'm definitely south of you. 2T till granary and I should be in shape to pump settlers after that, but I think I need 1 more warrior in the mix.

grahamiam
14-10-2005, 04:55
ok, here's my setup, ready to start settling my area.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/200510143544_grammad-2900BC.JPG

11T from writing. My 1st priority will be to get the core secure and running. When you get a chance, post a screenie where the warriors met so I can get an idea of where we are wrt each other.

Tubby Rower
14-10-2005, 14:40
It's good that you didn't settle first turn. Now your capital doesn't show on the F11 screen. Right now Whomp has pop 4 and everyone else has pop 3. My granary just completed. My settler pump will be 4-5 too. It sucks that we both have the same type of lux. although there are dyes to the east of me

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/20051014133857_WHOMPUS_MApus.jpg
68.44KB

Tubby Rower
17-10-2005, 13:57
Hold off on planting your settler until next turn if you can. I'm getting the Wheel next turn and it might be good to wait. But then on the other hand you'll have a new settler every other turn anyway so nevermind.

Tubby Rower
20-10-2005, 14:20
I need help with this part.... I have loads of bgs around. My king is going to scout that Mountain range and then come back home to roost for a while. I suspect that the different teams are seperated by a mountain range so what we see now is prolly all we'll get without fighting.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/20051020132012_dotmap.jpg
136.14*KB

grahamiam
20-10-2005, 15:12
you want to avoid settling on the FP. other than that, those dots look fine. just keep in mind that immortals only cost 15shields, so upgrading warriors will only cost 30g. also, you only need to do 5 or 8spt for immortal towns, which means you will get strong, fast :hammer:

edit: sorry, the horse spot is not ok. imho, settle either 1T NW or SE.

grahamiam
04-11-2005, 19:35
writing came in this turn and sent accepted. I started on Philo (due in about 7T). any chance you'll have IW and Math done soon? If not, we need to decide which free tech we want.

Tubby Rower
07-11-2005, 15:14
Just played...IW due in two turns Didn't check Math but I can go that way next. Should we try Philo-> Republic? or Myst -> Poly?

I spotted Rik's borders to the left of our killing fields. My king is now on the mountains just to our east. I'm starting to pump warriors out of my 2nd & 3rd cities. I might dedicate one to workers.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2005117141140_Riks_borders.jpg
77.74KB

grahamiam
07-11-2005, 15:49
we don't have CoL yet, so Republic is impossible. I was hoping you could do math and IW so we could take currency or construction as our free tech, but that doesn't seem likely now. We probably should just take the most expensive tech.

Tubby Rower
13-11-2005, 15:15
I'm getting IW next turn I think... How far away from Philo are you?

grahamiam
13-11-2005, 19:56
4T this past turn

Tubby Rower
13-11-2005, 23:13
So I'll just start on math. I can get it in 6. I'm not sure if we should delay you getting Philo to get Constr.

hmm.. no iron. Check your side. I'll bet that I have your horses and you have my iron.

grahamiam
14-11-2005, 05:38
I don't have horses, will let you know about iron. if that's the case, then we know what to do.

btw, misfit found me, he came from the West and is skirting around my southern border with a conscript warrior.

Tubby Rower
14-11-2005, 14:00
So that means that barbu and Whomp are to our east....

I'll start roading the horses and sending one down to the way to road to you assuming that the resources are set up backwards

Tubby Rower
15-11-2005, 15:22
I just got the save and am at work.

I opened the save in CA2 and noticed that Whomp has sent a warrior near my north. So that prolly means that barbu is the the south east and Whomp is to the Northeast.

I have an archer over that way... should I go ahead and risk my archer and try to kill off his warrior?

grahamiam
15-11-2005, 15:48
sure, and don't forget to send me IW this turn!!!

Tubby Rower
15-11-2005, 16:16
I already sent it.... I thought. Crap. I guess I didn't It looks like I forgot. Surry.

Are you slowing Philo for me to get math? I wouldn't just to potentially deny the other teams of free research.

grahamiam
15-11-2005, 16:35
no, I get philo in 3T. I guess I'll just pick the most expensive tech (CoL or MM right now). or do you want Lit?

Tubby Rower
15-11-2005, 20:01
I dunno. Lit has the only useful thing in the near future. I just realized that I accidentally forgot to set my research to Math too. Do you just want to take math as the free tech for the cats?

I can switch to Math but I lost a turn of research then... Just let me know before tonight so I can do the switch or just press on with MM.

grahamiam
15-11-2005, 20:22
no, let's keep going with what you have, unless it's MapMaking (which is completely useless on this map, or so it seems). imho, that should be the last tech we take to get us to the MA.

Tubby Rower
15-11-2005, 21:35
OK to Math I'll switch.

Tubby Rower
15-11-2005, 22:22
I switched to math and sent IW.

I'm going to switch my settler pump to a 1-turn worker pump for about 10 turns. I'll get a settler next turn and then that'll make 5 cities with horses, spices, & silks in the radii. I'll start the road to gramville with the first worker and road to the north after I have 2 or three headed to the south.

btw, Whomp was asking permission to scout the borders and I told him ok but be careful of the dogs....

grahamiam
15-11-2005, 22:29
pfft, Mistfit isn't even so nice! I plan to catch him as he skirts the border and kill him then.

I think I'm going to let another town build workers for a bit and get up to 10 towns rather quickly, but not sure. i have slowed my pump down to 3T, with the 1st turn building a warrior, but I may switch that now. I'll definitely get a 6 or 7 city core, then maybe build a couple of watchtower sites and a guard site for the road N.

Tubby Rower
16-11-2005, 00:55
there's not much room to expand, so be careful not to expand faster than you can defend.

grahamiam
16-11-2005, 02:38
oh, look at the power graph. I'm not expanding too fast at all. and all other cities are building military except 1, which is building workers and warriors.

Tubby Rower
16-11-2005, 03:28
ok, just checking. I'm still going to hold off and squirt some workers out. I can move them down and improve your cities after the road is done. Rik caught me on MSN tonight and was commenting on the lack of iron on the map. I'm wondering if it's in the mountains to the east and west. Either way I'd rather you do the warmongering than me. I'd screw it up somehow.

I'll get you horses in no time. If you want to speed the process up start roading to the north and I'll be coming down to you. The workers that go south will stay and help you out.

grahamiam
17-11-2005, 06:36
I found barbu, to my East. If Mistfit is to the West at about the same distance, it looks tight. I may stop building settlers very soon and switch to workers too

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/2005111753555_whompsmad-2850BC.JPG

Tubby Rower
17-11-2005, 14:01
I'm still a bit boogled by the scores. I realize that the IND trait has helped me improve the land quicker, but it just doesn't seem right that I'm right behind you and ahead of 2 other Agr civs.

Tubby Rower
22-11-2005, 00:08
Whomp's snooping around my North east borders. I'm getting workers every turn. Have one barracks up. With the lack of iron, should I just build archers? or a massive stack of warriors?

I'm going to start roading to the south. I'm starting to road to the north to get the horsies up.

grahamiam
22-11-2005, 03:16
archers are good, just enough to keep yourself safe. vWarriors are good for upgrading later (3*10=30g per upgrade, pretty cheap). I have 2 sources of iron.

also, I popped the hut near barbu, hoping for barbs but got maps instead.

Tubby Rower
22-11-2005, 03:27
Awesome.... Rik's been telling me that there is an apparent lack of iron. But the mis-information was flowing both way ;)

grahamiam
29-11-2005, 06:44
Well, now I found horses near me, so it seems that I have all the strategic resources for both of us [hmm] Well, because of this, I've just built my last settler for a little while. Sala has now been switched over to a 1T worker pump, as it's obvious that I have to get things going infrastructure-wise.

Please don't go on the road with your king. I have a warrior/settler pair that will be heading that way next turn (towards the horses). I also have a conscript warrior on my Northern border that can provide escort duty for your king back to your border, if that's where he's heading.

Tubby Rower
29-11-2005, 14:04
No prob on the king... I'll move him back for MP duty now. No need for an escort. but thanks though. I have two workers coming down to you. I'm getting a worker every turn and have been for the the last 3-5 turns. So I'll probably be roading 2 tiles every turn soon. Keep settling. I'll leave the 4 workers coming down to you and send a few more soon. I have 5 cities and am comfortable with that for now.

Since my workers are IND and work faster, it makes more sense for me to work your land and you focus on settling and getting your pop up.

Tubby Rower
08-12-2005, 22:39
I sent math. I started Construction due in 11 turns. I'm in the process of roading to the south with 4 workers. I have 7 workers. I think that after I get 4-6 more I'll turn back on the settlers. I have a rax in 2 cities and am building cats in my other two.

Do you want more than 4 of my workers down there helping out?

grahamiam
08-12-2005, 22:44
no, 4 is enough, especially with whomp snooping around. you sure you don't have iron? i have 2 plus horses. anyways, one is close to Barbu and the other is towards Mistfit. both are in my 2nd ring, so not too hard to defend.

I have a settler now heading for the horse. I went on a worker building spree, and am up to 4 or 5 (iirc). Another will be done next turn, then it's all military except for the cap, which will build settlers again for a bit. Also, I started on Myst, will be done in 3T, then will start on Construction/Poly, whichever is more expensive.

grahamiam
12-12-2005, 01:05
Tubby, it's probably best that the king heads home. Further E could be trouble, as seen below. Also, Whomp is sending an archer towards my horse, which is quite unwelcome.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/200512120442_whompsmad-2550BC.JPG

Tubby Rower
12-12-2005, 13:58
Mistfit is just messing with you and nothing to worry about IMO. Just have a couple of warrior ready to attack him. I'll take my King back home for MP duty.

I'm sure I don't have iron although I'll check again. Also I'm researching Construction. So you need to go Currency or Poly.

Tubby Rower
13-12-2005, 03:27
Whomp & Barbu think that you're king is on that mountain for some odd reason. I was panicky until I saw the headdress in Salmanca

grahamiam
13-12-2005, 06:06
ok, if it's still alive, I'll name it something stupid :D

grahamiam
24-12-2005, 16:29
tubby, i need you to play my saves. pw = pinshi keep roading towards the horse town and settle 1T SE of the iron to my East. Place another town 3T SE and road towards them. This should give a pretty good defensive front towards barbu that I can launch from.

Tubby Rower
31-12-2005, 04:43
Whomp's warrior is just east of my road that is coming down to you. I'm looking at connecting near your silks.

Tubby Rower
06-01-2006, 04:26
I killed a barbu warrior that was threatening my road and also a Whomp warrior just east of the road

I sent Whomp the combat log (since he's playing for both of them right now) but here it is if anyone else asks for it.

barbu reg warrior defeats tubby vet warrior losing 1 hp
tubby reg warrior defeats barbu 2hp reg warrior and promotes
tubby vet archer defeats whomp 2hp vet warrior losing 2 hp

grahamiam
08-01-2006, 18:07
looks good tubby. attached is a pic, showing that I'm 3T from Currency and my future Easterly cities. This should give a good fortification network for securing the iron. If possible, it'd be good if those workers went for the lux, then back towards the Iron.

How far are you from Construction?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/20061817740_2270BC.JPG

Tubby Rower
08-01-2006, 21:10
I think that I'm 2 turns away from construction. I'm pre-building for something. I'm really not sure what yet.

I have 3 cats and am pumping archers and warriors. I put my capital back on settlers. I'll start spreading laterally now. I was going to plant a city on your dot just north of my worker, but I need to spread out more. I'll send Construction as soon as it's done, what's after it?

grahamiam
08-01-2006, 21:38
I'll go hbr, you go either MM, CoL, or Poly, whatever is cheapest.

quote:I'll start spreading laterally now. I was going to plant a city on your dot just north of my worker, but I need to spread out more.

That dot will be the last one I settle to the E. It's distance 8 from my capitol, what is it to yours? Whoever is closer should take it, me thinks.

Tubby Rower
08-01-2006, 22:16
you go ahead... it's further than 8 to mine. I've screwed up my city placement and am flying by the seat of my pants. Whomp & barbu know we have the road so we do need to have a city or two to defend it.

btw, when can we sign an ROP? is that at CoL?

Tubby Rower
09-01-2006, 14:24
Construction is due next turn. I can get HBR in 4 turns so I can have it to you quicker than you can research it. Poly is 5. If you want me to get HBR, then let me know before my turn is up.

grahamiam
09-01-2006, 15:58
ok, go for HBR.

bed_head7
09-01-2006, 22:12
For RoP, you need Writing and an embassy.

grahamiam
10-01-2006, 05:02
yep, thanks bedhead.

btw, spotted a vSword from Mistfit. We got some catching up to do.

Tubby Rower
10-01-2006, 13:23
I'll send horses as soon as we're connected. Is the silks tile connected to your capital, if not then make it so I can gift you the horses. Where was the sword? in his town just west of you?

Tubby Rower
14-01-2006, 17:04
I just played the save.

Things of note.
Rik is in Anarchy
silks should be roaded at the end of the turn.
HBR due in 3 this turn (so you should receive it in 3 turns from your next turn you play)

grahamiam
14-01-2006, 19:35
ok. I should have my horses hooked up soon, so don't send to me. Send your workers SE to road towards the iron town.

grahamiam
15-01-2006, 17:27
(2150BC) I finished currency and sent it to you. Also established an embassy but no RoP available. I started on Poly (4T). Barbu is now in Anarchy too. Looks like we'll be last in switching gov't, but that should make Monarchy pretty cheap (Rep costs ~351g, not sure what it should cost with AC). Hopefully, we'll be 1st into the MA and you get Eng :)

Tubby Rower
16-01-2006, 01:32
AP is double production. So that means that republic is 420 instead of 840.

Someone should settle the hill next to the road soon. I currently have 2-3 units stationed so that it is all out of the fog so that barbs don't show up.

grahamiam
16-01-2006, 14:50
then someone researched republic. I calculated the cost based on the beakers produced via the F1 screen. I will produce a settler next turn to head for the hill.

Tubby Rower
27-01-2006, 05:05
OK HBR is sent... I dropped research to 0%. I currently have the most units per pop. I'm pumping a few warrior per turn. I need you to check my calculation...

warrior = 5 shields
immortal = 15 shields
difference = 10 shields

upgrades cost 40G each.

I'll have ~ 120 G next turn. So I need a lot more money to upgrade them all. Let me know if you want me to turn on research. I presume that you are researching Poly. Do we just stay in despot for a while? or do we go for monarchy?

I'm second in land area at ~86 tiles.. barbu is ahead of me. I'm strong or average against everyone but you. I need you to let me know when to strike. I'll keep you informed once my immmortals are upgraded. I'm assuming that I can have you iron correct?? at least for a turn or two

grahamiam
27-01-2006, 05:13
those look like good numbers and yes, you can have the iron. I'm a couple of turns from Poly. Since everyone will be a Monarchy soon, I think we're going to have to switch.

Also, I have a settler coming towards that hill N, NW (2T) of Mauch Chunk. So far, I'm just flooding my mountians with spears and archers. Next turn, I guess I get to build MW's! [charge]

grahamiam
03-02-2006, 01:37
I sent poly and 40g to you this turn. Unfortunately, I didn't ask you to move from that hill N, NW (2T) from Mauch Chunk, so you didn't. Therefore, I sent the settler/archer pair towards the purple dot on the river south of you. Please move any units that you may have in that path or in that spot.

I have started researching Map Making. You going for Monarchy? I think that's best.

Thanks!

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/20062316741_2270BC.jpg

Tubby Rower
03-02-2006, 21:50
I can start up on Monarchy. I prolly won't be rushing it. My workers should be on the iron hill and 1 W of the iron hill this turn. I think that I have a warrior on both of your purple dot hills. I'll move both if I can remember.

grahamiam
03-02-2006, 22:04
only move the one that I am going towards (near the river). The other one can stay for now (and we need him there as a lookout). You must move that warrior near the river or it will delay my city build by 1T, and I need the troop support.

Tubby Rower
04-02-2006, 04:49
ok. The one by the river wasn't wher I thought that he was. He was 1 W of it. Let me know when you need the spot to the east and I'll move that warrior. I was mainly leaving them there to prevent barb camps from popping up.

Monarchy due in 5 turns. thanks for the 40 bucks.

grahamiam
07-02-2006, 01:39
Well, I had a decent scrap with Mistfit. Left him with a single rArcher near my horse town:

Near Tonawanda:
Cat takes 1hp off rSpear
vArcher kills 2/3 spear (1/4)
vArcher kills vWarrior (2/4)
rArcher kills vArcher and promotes (2/4)

He has another rSword and archer coming but I should be fine. I have sent you iron so just accept and get those immortals cued up. I also cued up about 4 swords so I don't necesarily have to trip my GA too soon.

For your workers near the iron, once they're finished mining, one or 2 can irrigated the roaded river plain tile. I'll post a pic next turn to give detailed instructions for the rest as I need to figure out exactly where my next cities will be located.

Tubby Rower
07-02-2006, 15:13
I think that I'll go after Rik first. Those Conquistadors are pretty scary. Whomp will have samauris pretty soon too, so we prolly need to be thinking of knocking him back a bit too.

grahamiam
07-02-2006, 15:23
Yeah, I think crippling Mistfit and Rik is the way to go. I know Mistfit is missing horses, but not iron. I also know that whomp and barbu are pretty weak right now. If we can get Monarchy + GA vs Rik/Mistfit, we should be able to out tech Whomp and Barbu, though barbu is getting pretty big atm.

Tubby Rower
07-02-2006, 16:42
I have the most land area. I passed barbu a couple cities ago. I'm not sure if I should stop expanding and jsut make workers to add to cities or if I should continue to expand.

Rik has a city on the horses just west of my western mountains. He has a trail of cities that lead to it. Right now it doesn't seem connected but I'm sending a warrior over there to tear up any roads that may be there.

Tubby Rower
08-02-2006, 03:25
Oh my do I have something for you. I used to be weak compared to you but after I upgraded the warriors to get this
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5636/f33ih.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
I am now stronger than you [lol]. How I ended up as the strongest military, highest land area, highest military service and 2nd in mfg. goods is beyond me!!!
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3126/f115ez.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Oh and the title of this one is "Dead Man Digging"
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9941/deadmanwalking3pi.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

grahamiam
08-02-2006, 03:54
excellent work! btw, I'm #1 in mfg and pop, so we are really kicking tail here.

Tubby Rower
09-02-2006, 01:31
in my email box...

quote:Hi Tubby.
CC: Mistfit

4/4 Rik horseman Vs 3/3 Tubby warrior on hill: Warrior dead, horse 2/4 -> promotes to 3/5.

"Leave my cultural borders !!" ;)

Rik

Tubby Rower
11-02-2006, 17:06
the mine is finished on the iron. I have an archer/spear pair along with 3 cats going to Rik's horse town. I don't want him to get conquistadorsI have ~8 immortals and I have at least two cities that can make 3 turn ones. My capital has stopped settlers and is 2 turns away from a barracks and then it'll have 2 turn immortals. :D

grahamiam
13-02-2006, 04:10
Here's the worker actions I need near Mauch Chunk. Thanks!

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/200621331013_1830BC-worker actions.jpg

Tubby Rower
13-02-2006, 18:35
any preference on order? is that a typo with the irrigation only 1 SW of Mauch Chunk?

grahamiam
13-02-2006, 18:53
roaded river plain and FP would be my preference. Then the river plain SW of town (with road ;) )as well as the tile S of there. The river plains tiles can all be done by 2 workers. The FP tile can be done by 2 workers, but then I need to redirect them elsewere. thanks!

Tubby Rower
22-02-2006, 23:16
[u]battle at Barbu's Butt Out</u>
vArcher kills vSpear in Butt Out (left as 1/4)

I sent Monarchy and am using specialists to gain +22 gpt. I pulled a 5 turn anarchy. If you want I can get Lit in 4 turns dueing my anarchy.

grahamiam
22-02-2006, 23:24
yes, get lit :) I should have MM next turn so I will be able to start on researching something in the MA, however, I'll just hold off till we see what you get for free.

Tubby Rower
25-02-2006, 20:17
I started up on Fued. (due in 12 turns with just scientists). I have 4 more turns of Anarchy. I'm trying to time an attack against Rik to coincide with coming out of Anarchy. I have 3 cats an archer and a spear next to his horse town. I also have 6 Immortals headed that way taking a longer route so as not to attack during anarchy.

I built a curraph a long time ago and I think that we are the first into the MA. Because I saw this. The inset is before I moved my curraph. There is another barb camp just to the west of Whomp's northern territory. Be careful with the barbs about.
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1150/image31ey.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Tubby Rower
25-02-2006, 21:22
battle report from Rik to me

4/4 horse VS 3/3 spear - cat takes 1 hp of horse. spear = 2/3, horse retreats 1/4
5/5 horse Vs 2/3 spear - cat takes 1 hp of horse. spear = 2/3, horse retreats 1/5
3/3 archer Vs 2/3 spear - cat takes 1 hp of archer. spear dead, archer 2/3
3/3 warrior vs 4/4 archer - archer dead - warrior 1/3 - promotes to 2/4
3 catapults captured.

grahamiam
26-02-2006, 17:29
ok, since you are doing fued, I will do Lit.

There's 17 barb horseman near my horse town(Tonawanda). I was going to send an archer & warrior up to Rik's town of Starry Night, but decided against it as they'll just get killed by the barb horses.

Tubby Rower
04-03-2006, 17:56
I have 6 immortals headed west. Should I sent them down to Mistfit? We should probably get a combined attack going against someone soon, since our UU will be outdated soon.

I suck at combat prep and execution so I'll be looking to you for guidance. When I get home I'll play my turn and post some screenies.

I think that you should probably start your revolt this next turn.

Tubby Rower
04-03-2006, 21:20
I forgot to get the 2nd stacks composition but it has 2 immortals for 6 total. After seeing the 4 horses 2 tiles from Starry Starry night, I decided that I was moving in on that city.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8852/image58ee.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Here is the east. Whomp's threatening with that stupid Swordsman, but I have 2 more turns of Anarchy and then I'll be attacking him or barbu on this side after I get some immortals stacked up.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3030/image80cx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Tubby Rower
08-03-2006, 03:58
From Whompquote:Hi Buddy Boy,
I couldn't take it anymore...so I attacked you.

Reg archer (dumb on my behalf) loses no damage to vet archer
vet archer no damage takes vet archer
vet sword loses to vet archer now 3/4

A sword? Sheeh.

At the end of my turn I saw a stack of barb horses kill an archer, sword, and horseman of Whomp's in a 3 pop city 2-3 horses went into the city and now it is 1 pop. The barb horde also killed a worker that was undefended nearby. [lol] Not looking good for the Japs.

I have 6 immortals 2 tiles away from Starry Night. I'll be out of anarchy next turn

Tubby Rower
10-03-2006, 14:39
I'm going to be gone until Sunday so if you could play my turns until then.

My password is 2seat

I have 6 Immortals on a mountain next to Starry night. He should have 3 cats in that city so I suspect that I'll have 3 wounded at least and 3 healed

grahamiam
10-03-2006, 15:42
I'll be home Friday but gone Saturday. If it comes in tonight, I'll play, otherwise we can wait :)

Tubby Rower
13-03-2006, 23:26
This was greeting me with the save in my inbox

quote:Hi Tubbs.

Enjoy your Monarchistic Golden Age. I was really saddened to see you had already left anarchy ...

4/4 horse in "Starry Starry night" Vs 4/4 Immo =&gt; Horse dead, Immo 2/4.
3/3 horse in "Starry Starry night" Vs 4/4 Immo =&gt; Horse dead, Immo 3/4.
4/5 horse in "Starry Starry night" Vs 4/4 Immo =&gt; Immo dead, Horse 2/5.

Regards
Rik

It looks like I have 5 Immortals left :)

grahamiam
13-03-2006, 23:46
and I saw that he abandoned his town :)

but in other news, Mistfit triggered his GA vs one of my wandering warriors. I'm gonna need to brace myself, it seems.

Tubby Rower
13-03-2006, 23:58
Starry Starry Night is no more. Rik either re-named a city or just founded "You Go, Tubby!!" [lol]

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5339/starrygone1hs.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Here is my core. I'll have 2 libraries next turn and another in the turn after. My capital is building 1 turn immortals after that. My other core cities should be making 2 turn immortals. :D

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1755/goldencore6zv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Tubby Rower
16-03-2006, 22:37
I'll finish Fued in 2 turns. I can get Eng. in less than 6. It's 6 right now but I'll have at least 2 more libraries and more citizens.

I can also go after Chivalry. Let me know which way to go.... we have a day or two to think about it. I still have 2 more warriors in my homeland that are available for upgrading. One of the other two are scouting to my east and the other is harrassing Whomp's northern town.

I also have an archer that is threatening another of Whomp's cities.

I have 5 Immortals 2 tiles away from Rik's next city. New Immortals are getting split east and west. My capital will get a new immortal every turn :)

grahamiam
16-03-2006, 23:36
hmm, chivalry will really benefit Whomp, and I'm not sure we really want to deal with Sami's running around too soon. On the other hand, we will have researched both prerequisites for it, and Chivalry is pretty cheap [hmm] btw, is anyone else in the MA yet?

Tubby Rower
17-03-2006, 01:02
How can you tell?

bed_head7
17-03-2006, 01:52
Leaderheads change.

grahamiam
17-03-2006, 03:46
looked at the saves, everyone is in the MA

Tubby Rower
18-03-2006, 04:54
Do you realize that you are up?

grahamiam
19-03-2006, 01:04
yes, well, I cannot play computer games on Friday nights. I usually spend time with the wife watching a movie or going out to dinner.

Tubby Rower
19-03-2006, 02:38
no biggie... I just saw you online last night and thought that maybe you had missed the email.... sorry I'll let you play when you are ready from now on [blush]

grahamiam
19-03-2006, 17:52
no problem :) I do tend to miss a lot of emails, so I do appreciate the reminder if I'm late. I just can't normally play on Fridays, but can slip in and read some posts before we do something

Tubby Rower
19-03-2006, 20:51
well have you decided if we want Chivalry yet? I'll be getting Feud next turn. I get 9 more turns of iron. Do you need it back? I am generating a ton of Immortals and I would like to keep it, but if you need it, I can make infra and stove up for a while. I think that I have 18 more turns of Golden Age and my capital is squeezing out an Immortal every turn. I haven't seen any more deposits of iron so I can't get any other iron right now.

Just let me know what you want me to do and what to research next turn. I could also send some cash to keep you active during your anarchy.

http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/4407/image29cf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

grahamiam
20-03-2006, 01:22
I have 2 irons, so you keep yours. After you get some infrastructure up, I'd recommend we get 2 paths to connect each other so you don't lose the iron by losing a single road. I think I can help with that.
Otherwise, why don't you go chivalry, and then the upper path to Uni's, while I go engineering towards guns.

Tubby Rower
20-03-2006, 01:34
excellent.. I was worried that we'd have to swap the iron around. I'll keep my eye on when the deal ends and remind you to renew it before it's up. I have 3 dyes as well. I'll road another soon so that you can have 3 luxes.

Tubby Rower
20-03-2006, 20:23
cripes

quote:
Hi Tubby

Here a battle log of the battle my units fought with yours. Thank you for the catapults; they came in handy.

Battle log:

3 cats hit Immo SoD:
1st cat hits 4/4 Immo -&gt; 3/4
2nd cat hits 4/4 Immo -&gt; 3/4
3rd cat hits 4/4 Immo -&gt; 3/4
4/4 Sword Vs 3/4 Immo -&gt; Immo dead, sword 2/4; promotes to 3/5.
4/4 Sword Vs 3/4 Immo -&gt; Sword dead, Immo 1/4.
4/4 horse Vs 3/4 Immo -&gt; Immo dead, Horse 4/4.
5/5 horse Vs 3/4 Immo -&gt; Immo dead, Horse 3/5.

Regards

Rik

Tubby Rower
20-03-2006, 20:24
This is the kind of stuff that I need help with. I'll keep doing stupid stuff like this without help. How many immortals should I have in a stack before advancing?

Pastorius
20-03-2006, 20:45
10-15 should leave a bit of an impact, I found in an online game I played last week.

But it is a silly question, since it depends on the goal you have.

For 1 city only, 10 is a good idea [:p]

Ok, I m not really helpful, am I?

grahamiam
20-03-2006, 20:59
seems like you should bring some cover for them also. perhaps in the form of archers and pikes. 3 cats hit 3 pikes (all 3/4), and the pikes will still be on top. then, when they attack, the 3/4 pikes get a defensive bombard. Rik appears to have the manual on taking down large stacks of immortals [lol]

akots
20-03-2006, 21:51
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower
... How many immortals should I have in a stack before advancing?

It is a complicated question. [confused] The more the better. Assume that the defending player has approximately same production and hence can field approximately a similar shield-worth number of opposing units plus whatever were produced while your Immortals were travelling to their destination. IMHO, attacking with Immortals is not a good idea unless you can outproduce your opponent and clearly have military superiority or a strong defensive terrain/unit cover (hills/mountains/pikemen/musketmen). If your stack is in the open and uncovered, chances are it would be obliterated. Immortals are pretty vulnerable imho.

Tubby Rower
20-03-2006, 22:11
OK.. .I'll pull back some of the immortals that I've scattered towards Whomper. Thanks for the responses. I'm still learning the warfare bit ;)

Tubby Rower
04-04-2006, 03:40
I should finish Chivalry this turn... Do you want it yet?

grahamiam
04-04-2006, 04:12
No, not yet. Also, I'm not done engineering yet, so I guess you need to keep going along the top or perhaps its best for you to wait for me (I think 2 turns, not sure), and then you go along the bottom while I do the top? Maybe not, just keep going towards Uni's

Tubby Rower
04-04-2006, 14:06
So headlong towards Brains. And you don't want to know how to be nice to women. gotcha

Tubby Rower
22-04-2006, 18:31
Graham, My iron ran out this turn.... If you have 2 sources as you say, please send it back. I'm right in the middle of my GA and I'm in the process of spamming knights. I have a force of about 12 units headed toward Rik with reinforcements on the way. I'm also sending an annoying force to the east basically as a scouting group.

I have a knight going down to pick that barbu warrior off of the mountain.

Also if you get battle logs post them here so I can see what's going on.

Here is the one that I got from turn 67... Whomp plinked a point off of a scout galley (now redlined)

grahamiam
23-04-2006, 01:19
Ok, will do. I checked the deal last turn and it said 1 turn left. I will resend ASAP

Mistfit is pushing me off his mountains to our west. used 5 cats, 2 or 3 MW's, and 4 swords to kill off 2 spears and 4 archers with no losses (all on a single mountain). He then failed to kill a rWarrior on a mountain with an MW (no retreat). So I'm holding 2 of 3, but it's unlikely I'll last much longer. However, it's really not a problem. I'm still not in my GA, but am able to be a royal pain, and I'm starting to send pikes W so he can have fun with them.

9 turns till invention.

grahamiam
24-04-2006, 06:56
I sent Engineering and Iron, accepted [alien]

Battle Log
E, SE of Clowns-R-Us:
vSword kills vSpear (4/5)
vMW dies to vMW (1/4)
vMW kills rWarrior (4/4) (GA begun)
vMW retreats from 3/4 Archer (2/4)

Near Legorno Passage (Spanish):
rArcher retreats vMW (3/3) (not shown in pics as it was done after the screenshots)

My maps:
Eastern Front with 2 dots near Capitol that need mining & roading. Please send the 2 workers nearby as soon as they are available to the hill, then over to the mountain.
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/200642455158_1325BC-Eastern Front.jpg

Nothern Front: there are at least 2 full health vMW's around here, so watchout.
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/200642455319_1325BC-Northern Front.jpg

Western Front: Looks like Mistfit is trying to force me S so he can attack my horsetown. However, not sure if that's necessary anymore and, if I build more pikes and Knights, comming thru those mountains will be murderous for him.
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/20064245546_1325BC-Western Front.jpg

Tubby Rower
24-04-2006, 14:36
thanks for the heads up on the 2 MW from Mistfit. I'll keep a knight or two ready to take care of him next turn. I slowed down my research slightly so that I can rush some stuff and upgrade a few spears. I'll have Theology in 6 more turns I think. My unit support right now is ~40 gpt I think. I'm running the same gpt that you are at 20%. I guess I need some more markets :(

Tubby Rower
27-04-2006, 01:10
battle log from my SOD during Rik's turn

quote:Terrible battle log ....
I lost 8 horses + 1 archer and Tubby lost 1 knight and 1 Immortal

Cats bombard SoD. 2 misses, 1 hit.
4/4 Horse - 4/4 Pike - Defensive bombardment misses. Horse dies, Pike: 3/4
5/5 Sword - 4/4 Knight - Defensive bombardment hits. Knight flees, Sword 2/5.
4/4 Horse - 3/4 Pike - horse dies, Pike 1/4.
4/4 Horse - 3/4 Pike - horse dies, Pike 2/4 - promotes to 3/5.
4/4 Horse - 3/5 Pike - Horse flees 1/4, pike 3/5
4/4 Horse - 3/5 Pike - horse dies, Pike 1/5
4/4 Horse - 4/4 Immo - horse dies, Immo 1/4
4/4 Horse - 4/4 Immo - horse dies, Immo 3/4
4/4 Horse - 4/4 Immo - Immo dies, Horse 3/4
4/4 Horse - 1/4 knight - Knight dies, Horse 4/4
3/3 Horse - 4/4 Immo - horse dies, Immo 3/4
3/3 Archer - 4/4 Immo - Archer dies, Immo 2/4

grahamiam
27-04-2006, 03:05
w00t! [charge]

I wonder if we should team-up on Rik before he gets his UU? I can try to hold off Mistfit, or at least keep him preoccupied, while coming up from the S to attack Rik. Need map and I'll see what I can gather...

Tubby Rower
27-04-2006, 03:08
I'll post a map when my turn gets here.

Tubby Rower
28-04-2006, 23:34
to barbu
4/4 knight (now 1/4) retreats from 4/4 warrior on mountain (now 2/4)
4/4 knight (now 3/4) kills 2/4 warrior

to Rik
3/4 immo (now 4/5) kills 4/4 horse flawlessly and promotes
cats go 0 for 2 on Logrono Passage

to Mistfit
4/4 immo kills 4/4 MW flawlessly
4/4 knight (now 3/4) kills 4/4 MW

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2006428223346_Image1.jpg
119.37KB

grahamiam
29-04-2006, 00:05
Looks good. I'll see what I can send N. I have at least 2 MW's and 1 Knight I can send, though Lorendo might be gone by then (my units are about 3 turns away).

Pastorius
29-04-2006, 16:49
With so many good players, I predict that this will be more or less a stalemate for many turns to come.

grahamiam
30-04-2006, 05:56
I'm sending 2 MW's and 2 Knights. If possible, keep the mountian E and S of Logrono Passage open.

Tubby Rower
01-05-2006, 23:35
to Mist.
4/4 knight kills 4/4 MW losing 1 HP

to barbu
1/4 knight kills 1/4 archer on mountian

grahamiam
02-05-2006, 04:47
What happened to all the cats near Logrono?

Tubby Rower
02-05-2006, 13:07
I moved them 1 E. to the hill. I'm gonna hole up there for a bit to heal and bombard those roads. I have some trebs on the way too as well as ~6 knights. I'll post a pic next turn.

I forgot to post this, but Rik just bombarded my stack and barbu killed my 1/4 knight on the mountain to which I killed his archer and now that mountain is ours. I'm sending a settler to the wines.

grahamiam
04-05-2006, 06:51
ok, looks like 2 knights and 4 MW's your way. I'll have another 3 knights from the core to send next turn. I'm wondering if we should bypass Lorango and head towards his core?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/20065455035_turn71-cavalrys coming.JPG

Tubby Rower
04-05-2006, 13:13
yeaah that's a good idea. I'll be cutting off his road this turn presuming that the cats and trebs hit.

I'll stay on the hill until I heal (which is what he expects) so stay out of sight if possible and move to the next city over (~3-4 tiles west). I think that Whomp said something about his sammies, so I'll be pumping out a few knights and pikes to send on that front.

Tubby Rower
06-05-2006, 17:05
Both cats missed in bobarding the road so I sent a 3/4 knight to do the job. barbu has ~ 4 MW in the east. Whomp is building Sun Tsu's. Theo is due next turn. What do I research next? Education?

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/663/image10ld1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4748/image26kl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

grahamiam
06-05-2006, 17:34
education is good, we need your cheap uni's. also, as you can see, Rik's borders extend along the W, next to mistfits, so I can't really hide much. however, i will gather my SoD together out of Rik's eyesight next turn, then head W, NW, probably following your 2 knights.

For barbu, I can't really send anything right now at him to divert since Misty has me tied up in the E. In about 5 turns, I can probably land some pesky units in his rear.

grahamiam
07-05-2006, 17:23
barbu took the mountian and has 5 healthy and 1 2/4 MW's on it.

Tubby Rower
08-05-2006, 03:39
battle log from Rik

Hi Tubby

Your knights are so annoying that I killed some of them.

4/4 horse - 3/4 knight: H dead, K 2/4
4/4 horse - 2/4 knight: H dead, K 1/4 -&gt; 2/5
4/4 horse - 2/5 knight: K dead, H 2/4

Rik

battle log from barbu

4/4 MW attacks 2/4 Knight on mountain

MW wins and is 2/4

grahamiam
08-05-2006, 15:32
mistfit landed some troops in my SW and killed an unescorted settler. Looks like he's trying to do an end around. Not sure how many but I should be ok to defend.

grahamiam
09-05-2006, 05:34
ok, playing your save:
Theology -&gt; Edu (7T, +4gpt)
Sent Theology accepted

I see Barbu's MW's are in range of 2 workers and the settler near Tyre/Ghulaman
- Reinforce Tyre with 2 Knights. These will be in range of the MW's if the head toward either town.
- Shortrush knight in Sidon via Temple
- Warrior in Ghulaman can see Barbu's stack on the mountain if he moves 1T E. Right now we only have 3 knights in the area. However, next turn it should be 2 more and a third if you want to send Arbela's knights.

I sent another Treb and the new Crusader towards Rik.
I retreated the stack of 2 Immortals and 1 Pike near Whomps walled town of Second City (healthy vPike with walls)
I switched Ergili to a Library. I know you need markets, but this town needs work, terrain-wise. The Lib is done in 4T, then build a worker in 2 more turns, so you can improve the land nearby while building the market after the worker.

Near Rik's cities, I move your vKnight back into the SoD, leaving the MW's alone. The SoD is now 7 Immortals, 2 Cats, 3 knights, and 2 pikes. 1 pike and 4 immortals are on the next tile (to the NE, and I moved the healing Immortal as he seemed exposed).

Ended turn with 17g in bank, making 4gpt. Recommend you have the workers concentrate on the core. Namely Antioch, Fat Boy City, Ergili (citizens are working unroaded or unimproved tiles) and Hamadan (too small, should be bigger so irrigate that sugar)

grahamiam
14-05-2006, 06:36
oops, forgot to post my battle log here [blush]

killed 2 MW's between Rik's 2 towns using a vKnight and an eMW, both won without a scratch.

Also retreated one of Barbu's vMW's with a 3/3 archer. Barbu then attacked the archer, getting another retreat before finally killing it. So, he's down to 4 full strength MW's and 2 redlined ones on our eastern front.

grahamiam
14-05-2006, 19:10
Rik's border:
@ Op Fiesta:
vKnight kills vPike (2/4)
vMW kills vPike (4/4)
vMW retreats from rPike (3/3)
vMW kills rPike (3/5)
eMW kills vSpear (5/5)

Misfit's vMW in my backyard:
vKnight kills vMW (2/4)

On our Western Border (near Muppet's Bane)

S of ClownsRus: vMW kills vMW (2/4)

Don't send your workers to the hill near Salamanca. Send them to the hill W of Centralia instead. Thanks :)

Tubby Rower
15-05-2006, 05:53
I think that Rik might be in trouble soon. I'm certain that he has a good number of troops in Lorango. I have
a steady stream of knights coming now. I'm also roading towards Rik in neutral territory in the north. I suspect that I'll battle to report on next turn :D I can't believe that there is only a horse defending that town.

Also, I could possibly steal a few workers from Whomp next turn. Should I disband them? And I'm about to settle near the wines and have 4 knights in that vicinity to handle the barb(u) uprising

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/200651544928_Image1.jpg
112.62KB

Tubby Rower
15-05-2006, 21:26
quote:4/4 MDI Vs 4/4 knight -&gt; Knight flees 1/4
4/4 Horse Vs 4/4 knight -&gt; knight wins 2/4
4/4 Horse Vs 2/4 knight -&gt; horse wins 4/4
4/4 Horse Vs 1/4 knight -&gt; horse wins 3/4, promotes to 4/5
4/4 MDI vs 4/4 knight -&gt; knight wins 4/4

grahamiam
15-05-2006, 21:30
I attacked Rik's southern town, killing 4 defenders:

@ Op Fiesta:
vKnight kills vPike (2/4)
vMW kills vPike (4/4)
vMW retreats from rPike (3/3)
vMW kills rPike (3/5)
eMW kills vSpear (5/5)

Rik's retaliation:
3/3 MDI Vs 4/4 knight -&gt; knight wins 1/4
4/4 horse Vs 2/4 knight -&gt; horse wins 4/4
4/4 horse vs 5/5 MW -&gt; MW wins 1/5
4/4 horse vs 4/4 MW -&gt; horse wins 2/4
4/4 horse vs 3/5 MW -&gt; horse wins 4/4
4/4 horse vs 1/4 knight -&gt; horse wins 4/4, promotes to 5/5

I think this pretty much wipes out my stack, though I have 3 or 4 more knights coming up from the S.

grahamiam
20-05-2006, 05:22
Near Oka (this is a small town on my southern coast)
3/4 Knight kills vMW perfectly
Near Op Fiesta
vKnight (from the forest) kills vMW (2/4)

Tubby Rower
22-05-2006, 23:14
EXCELLENT NEWS from the Rik front
quote:
cat destroys walls @ Logrono passage
2nd cat misses

4/4 immo loses 1hp to cat then dies to 4/4 pike now 3/4
4/4 immo loses 1hp to cat then kills 3/4 pike. immo now 1/4
4/4 immo dies flawlessly to 4/4 spear
4/4 immo dies to 4/4 spear spear promotes to 4/5
4/4 immo kills 4/5 spear

Logrono passage captured along with 2 cats :D

Also notice that "Out You Go Tubby!!" is no longer there. it was abandoned :D

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2006522221310_Image3.jpg
130.68KB

grahamiam
22-05-2006, 23:44
wow, great work [beer1]

BCLG100
22-05-2006, 23:58
congrats on taking lograno, so what are your plans now, to press how this victory or recover?

grahamiam
23-05-2006, 00:05
Well, if we can cripple/kill Rik, then Mistfit becomes a non-factor and will fall away from the rest. No, we're not resting. We're here to kill Rik [hammer]

Tubby Rower
23-05-2006, 00:51
I have moved my forces towards the next city. Rik's captial is guarded by a warrior.

Tubby Rower
23-05-2006, 13:10
here is Rik's retailiation.... I got 1 elite win out of it so maybe I have a leader :D

quote:And I did :

Saxonian phone Booth:
Cat bombs knight: miss
3/3 MDI Vs 4/4 knight: knight wins 2/4
5/5 sword vs 4/4 knight: Sword wins 1/5
4/4 horse vs 2/4 knight: knight wins 1/4 -&gt; 2/5
4/4 horse vs 2/5 knight: horse wins 1/4 -&gt; 2/5

Bronze in Torino:
4/4 MDI vs 4/4 knight: treb misses; knight flees 1/4 - MDI 2/4
5/5 horse vs 4/4 pike: horse flees 1/5 - pike 2/4
4/4 horse vs 5/5 Immortal: horse wins 3/4
4/4 horse vs 5/5 Immortal: Immortal wins 3/5

Appolusia:
4/4 horse Vs 4/4 knight: knight wins 4/4
4/5 MDI vs 4/4 knight: knight flees 1/4 - MDI 2/4

Tubby Rower
23-05-2006, 21:02
btw, I forgot to mention that my GA is done.

grahamiam
24-05-2006, 04:59
Seems like Rik is calling for help from Mistfit. I pretty much wiped it out, even with my injured stack :)

@ Mistfit Log:

Near Op Fiesta:
vKnight kills spear (1/4)
vKnight kills vMW (1/4)
2/4 MW kills vMW (1/4)
2/4 Knight dies to vMW (1/4)
2/5 MW kills vMW (2/5)

Near Golden Hand (this is along our tense western border)
3/4 MW kills vMW, promotes (3/5)

Also, I researched guns last turn and then started Chemistry (due in 5T). I didn't send it to you because barbu is building GLib. Once we both have Edu + barbu is done with GLib, then we'll wait 1 more turn and then I'll trade it to you. That can change, of course, if you have a pressing need for muskets.

Tubby Rower
24-05-2006, 13:38
not yet... Although I think Whomp is attempting a run at me. I might slow up a bit in Rik's territory so that I can devote resources to defend my eastern holdings. I had been sending ~ 90% of my new forces to Rik. Now I'll have to cut back. Education is due in 6 turns. I think

grahamiam
24-05-2006, 15:21
battle report from Mistfit:

quote:Near Golden Hand:
2/4 MW kills vMW

btw have i called you a bastard recently?

Tubby Rower
24-05-2006, 15:28
[rotfl]

Tubby Rower
25-05-2006, 14:17
From barbuquote: Whomp's turn:

On the hill south of the 2 bananas NE of Zohak:

4/4 MDI attacks 4/4 knight -&gt; MDI dead, Knight 2/4
5/5 Sword attacks 2/4 Knight -&gt; Knight dead, Sword 4/5.
This was just a scout that I had. I should be able to kill that elite sword with an immortal on that same hill.

grahamiam
28-05-2006, 18:49
Battlelog for Mistfit

Mountain W of Akwesasne:
1 Treb misses, 1 hits pike (3/4)
vKnight retreats from pike (pike is 3/4)
vMDI dies to pike (3/4)
vKnight kills pike (3/4)
vMDI kills sword (3/4)
vMW dies to MDI (4/4)
vSword kills MDI (3/4)
eSword dies to rSpear (1/3)
vKnight kills vMW (3/4)
vMDI kills 1/3 spear (4/4)
Capture 3 workers

[:p]

Also, I'm healing that stack of Knight S of Rik. 2 more knights joined them this turn, another will join next turn. I should be able to move out in 3 turns.

Barbu switched GLib to HG.

grahamiam
30-05-2006, 20:22
[hmm] mistfit had a load of cat's (qty 6) N of the units I attacked, so I assumed that the MDI would be redlined. However, it seems that he didn't attack at all. Guess I shocked him by attacking that stack on the mountain [lol]

Pastorius
30-05-2006, 20:30
Pics?

Tubby Rower
30-05-2006, 20:34
not much has changed on the Tubby-Rik front than what is in post 17. I have some units on the hill next to his Saxophonian phone booth. He plinked one of he pikes with a cat.

I'm not sure what's my goal. I'm just trying to keep the pressure on and hopefully he'll crack. Since my GA is over, I'm not getting the unit that I need to properly execute this war. I might hold back a few turns for healing and contemplating.

grahamiam
30-05-2006, 20:40
I think you should bypass the phone-booth and go for the town NW of it. I can press from the S to keep him honest and then come up S to raze it while you go after his big town. It will take me at least 3 turns to get ready to start pressing.

Tubby Rower
01-06-2006, 03:20
battle log quote:to barbu
4/4 knight retreats from 4.4 pike (now 2/4)
4/4 knight dies to 4/4 pike (now 1/4)
4/4 knight (now 3/4) kills 2/4 pike
4/4 knight flawlessly kills 1/4 pike

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/20066121953_Image1.jpg
142.28KB

grahamiam
01-06-2006, 03:23
that's a serious SoD

Tubby Rower
01-06-2006, 03:36
it was on that mountain where my knight now stands

BCLG100
01-06-2006, 14:39
good luck with that stack...

Pastorius
01-06-2006, 21:22
What is your defense in that area Tubbs? (ps: I think it is your turn in Conquerclub)

Tubby Rower
01-06-2006, 21:57
I have about 6-8 knights and a few trebs. A few more knights will be rolling out in 2 turns.

grahamiam
01-06-2006, 21:59
I can bring 2 or 3 Knights out of Mauch Chunk and that other town as well, getting them 2T SW of your stack SE of Zohak.

I could also run them towards that settler, forcing him to send units S...

Tubby Rower
01-06-2006, 22:28
I'll be getting that settler if he doesn't move it S or E

Tubby Rower
02-06-2006, 13:32
Not a good IT for me
from Rik
quote:Cat misses pike.

4/4 MDI Vs 4/4 pike: Treb hits. MDI dead, Pike 3/4.
4/4 MDI Vs 4/5 pike: Treb hits. MDI dead, Pike 2/5.
4/4 MDI Vs 4/4 knight: Cat hits. Knight dead, MDI 2/4.
4/4 horse Vs 4/4 Crusader: Cat miss. Crusader dead, horse 1/4.
4/4 MDI Vs 3/4 pike: Cat miss. Pike dead, MDI 1/4.
3/3 Horse Vs 4/4 Immortal: Cat hits. Horse dead. Immortal 4/4 -&gt; promotes to 5/5.

Regards
Rik

from barbu
quote: View Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote Click to see 's MSN Messenger address On the montain, 2 SW of Zohak

4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight -&gt; MW DEAD, Knight 2/4
4/4 MW attacks 2/4 Knight -&gt; MW 1/4, Knight DEAD

On the wine SW of Zohak
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight -&gt; Treb misses, MW DEAD, Knight 4/4
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight -&gt; Treb misses, MW DEAD, Knight 4/5
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight -&gt; MW DEAD, Knight 5/5
4/4 MW attacks 5/5 Knight -&gt; MW 3/4, Knight DEAD
4/4 MW attacks 4/5 Knight -&gt; MW 4/4, Knight DEAD
4/4 MW attacks 3/3 Knight -&gt; MW DEAD, Knight 1/3
4/4 MW attacks 3/4 Knight -&gt; MW 2/4, Knight DEAD
4/4 MW attacks 1/3 Knight -&gt; MW 5/5, Knight DEAD
4/4 MW attacks 1/4 Knight -&gt; MW 4/4, Knight DEAD

grahamiam
02-06-2006, 15:45
you lost 6 Knights vs his 5 MW's. He definitely got the better of that one. Looks like you're going to lose that wine city?

Tubby Rower
02-06-2006, 15:53
I hope not... I hope that he didn't kill that entire stack but if he did, he now has 2 trebs and 2 workers. I thought that the knights would have been enough to hold specially with the trebs there. I might be on a downhill slide :(

grahamiam
02-06-2006, 16:13
well, he had 17 units in range, attacked with 11, lost 5, killed 6 knights (1 on mountain, 5 on grass). Your last units we're redlined before they died, so unless you had another warrior/spear or he ran out of units...

I'll send you guns next turn as I didn't see Barbu building GLib any more.

grahamiam
03-06-2006, 19:30
I killed a bunch of MW's last turn. I'm also sending 2 LB's behind your lines to releive some units on your Eastern front.

Btw, looks like barbu sent 5 MW's to the mountain SE of your city, and he moved that settler somewhere else.

BCLG100
04-06-2006, 01:30
i asked this in riks spoiler thread so ill ask it again here 'do you think your 'winning''? :)

grahamiam
04-06-2006, 06:05
treading water ;)

grahamiam
15-06-2006, 19:03
On the IBT:
Barbu kills knight with vMW (2/4)

@ barbu:
Near Mauch Chunk:
vKnight kills 2/4 Mw (1/4)

@ Mistfit:
Near Pushing Grah:
vMW kills vMW
vKnight kills rWarrior (4/5)

I have 2 LB's next to Ghulaman, which I noticed finished a Treb instead of switching to an Immortal as suggested. Trebs are nice, but they don't hold territory, and I don't find them very useful against mobile opponents in the open. At least the immortal could easily wound or kill an MW, not sure what your going to do with a treb. I also have 2 knights coming vial Ghulaman (you'll only see one, other one is SW of it).

Tubby Rower
15-06-2006, 23:23
from barbu

quote: A little late, but here is the battle report

4/4 MW attacks warrior in city-&gt; MW 2/4, city autorazed.

grahamiam
23-06-2006, 04:12
tubby, you just got a bunch of units killed. didn't you pillage the road? I'm confused, can you provide screenies please?

quote:To: Tubby
CC: Graham

E-NE of Ghulaman:
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight &gt; MW 2/4, Knight DEAD
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight &gt; MW DEAD, Knight 4/4
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight &gt; MW 3/4, Knight DEAD
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Crus &gt; MW 1/4, Crus 3/4
4/4 MW attacks 3/4 Crus &gt; MW 1/4, Crus DEAD

Tubby Rower
23-06-2006, 04:27
quote: To: Tubby
CC: Graham

E-NE of Ghulaman:
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight &gt; MW DEAD, Knight 4/4
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight &gt; MW 3/4, Knight DEAD
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Crus &gt; MW 1/4, Crus 3/4
4/4 MW attacks 3/4 Crus &gt; MW 2/4, Crus DEAD
it looks like you picked an unlucky partner :(

grahamiam
23-06-2006, 06:34
I don't understand how he got close enough to attack you. We should be attacking MW's, not getting attacked by them, especially if it's in your borders and we have the movement advantage.

Tubby Rower
23-06-2006, 13:13
I didn't move my knights and the crusader last turn. The only thing that I could think of is that he used the road that was outside of my territory. I'm not sure if a city's rubble is technically a road or not.

grahamiam
23-06-2006, 14:54
ok, but next time, use your borders for sightlines. You needed to keep them 1T SE of Tyre instead of SE+S since he waited one turn, so we could hit his units as they ran towards your border. I have 4 units over there, so maybe I can kill 4 + whatever can die during his turn. Hopefully, his SoD runs out of gas soon.

grahamiam
24-06-2006, 07:12
@ Barbu:
Near Tubby's border
vKnight kills 2/4 MW (3/4)
vKnight kills vMW (3/4)
vLB retreats vMW (3/4)
vLB kills 3/4 MW (4/4)

pic of the barbu front. i landed a knight and MDI in his backdoor to see what he would do.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/20066246931_1000BC-Barbufront.JPG

also, on the Rik/Mistfit front. I'll have 10 vKnights and 1eMW going at Rik next turn.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/200662461028_1000BC-Mistfitfront.JPG

I sent gems accepted to you. Also, I'll get chems next turn but I'll hold off sending it till I get metal so we don't cheapen the tech too much, too soon.

I have 1 vKnight coming to help next turn, and I'll have 2 more + LB. I still have to watch out for Mauch Chunk as it's pretty weakly defended (MDI, Sword, 1/4 knight, cats).

grahamiam
30-06-2006, 17:29
from whomp:

Hey Graham,
Here's the damage
vet samurai loses to 3/4 knight now 4/5
vet samurai loses to 4/5 knight now 1/5
vet samurai goes 3/4 taking 3/4 knight
vet samurai goes 2/4 taking vet LB

2 dead sami's added to the 3 dead vMW's, not a bad ratio so far. barbu will probably kill them off during his turn.

grahamiam
07-07-2006, 04:06
to barbu:
kill 2/4 MW near Ghulaman with vKnight (4/4)

vGalley near Ganoch sinks rGalley and promotes (5/5)

Sorry, I didn't know where the main force was near Ghulaman, so I just killed the 1st available units. 2 more knights + 1 LB + 1 archer coming next turn. 2 more Knights will also be behind the lines.

I also picked up my landing party as they were greated by 2 pikes and 2 swords. No use losing good units, and he was forced to move them onto an unroaded tile :)

Some pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/grahamiam/975BC-East1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/grahamiam/975BC-North1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/grahamiam/975BC-West1.jpg

Gogf
08-07-2006, 16:36
St. Regis is empty and can be one-moved from Ghulaman with the unit you know is there [eek]? I guess city elimination isn't a very common option in Civ3 (and the lack of the sentry promotion also seems to have an impact).

Tubby Rower
08-07-2006, 20:26
Gogf, I'm Persian and Graham's teammate. They would have to take Ghulaman and then they could get there. But I don't think that they will.

Tubby Rower
25-07-2006, 00:02
Well if Whomp breaks through, I don't think that I'll be around much longer. I tried to place defenses where they'd be best suited. I might should have abandoned a city, but We'll see I guess :(

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/200672423149_Image1.jpg
157.92KB

grahamiam
25-07-2006, 14:58
I think I'll hit as follows:
Knight next to Ghulaman vs Sami next door. (I will only attack once, whether I win or lose, hopefully they will be hurt enough)
Knights 1W, 1SW of Ghulaman will hit the 3/4 Sami + stack

The 2 LB's will be left N of Ghulaman if that's ok?

Also, imho, you should be building immortals in low spt towns. They hit at the same strength as Knights/LB's but cost only 30g. Best bang for the buck right now (I'm looking at Bactra, Ghulaman, Sardis, Tyre)

also, from Rik:
quote:Tubby:
4/4 MDI Vs 4/4 knight - knight dead, MDI 1/4.

Grah:
3/3 MDI Vs 4/4 knight - MDI dead, knight 3/4 -&gt; promotes to 4/5

Tubby Rower
25-07-2006, 15:05
ok... I had a knight sneaking around in Rik's territory. he killed it, but I have another in a galley I might send to Whomp's homeland. If this southern front is broken, I'll fold like a house of cards. I don't have much force elsewhere, but I'll do my best to stay alive.

grahamiam
25-07-2006, 17:08
I'm also going to cut that road SE of the Sami. I'm more worried about Barbu coming back with 20 vMW's than Whomp's slow movers. Again, you can outproduce him via Immortals (15s at this speed) so you should be able to hold on. Just crank out the garbage and flood his attackers.

grahamiam
25-07-2006, 17:15
and one more thing, just turn off your research for now. build-up gold and short rush items/units. If you have a 15spt town, you can do a knight every 2T via a LB shortrush (good for your northern cities). Astronomy isn't too important right now, and is even less important than your survival.

grahamiam
26-07-2006, 04:02
from barbu:

quote:near Ghulaman:
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight &gt; Knight dead, MW 1/4

We still need to cut that road, otherwise it's too easy for Barbu to attack all your southern towns, so only 1 knight will attack the Sami near Tyre. Crap, I really wish that road was cut before :(

grahamiam
26-07-2006, 16:20
had to change plans again

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/2006726151652_950BC-1.JPG

@ Barbu:
Near Tubby's Border:
vKnight kills vMW (4/4)
vKnight kills vMW (4/4)

I then moved my reinforcemts and this is the final setup for your Eastern border

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/2006726151749_950BC-2.JPG

I noticed that you are building Leo's. I don't think we need that right now. I suggest you switch it out and start making some units in your capitol before it's too late.

On the other front:
@ Rik
Battle of Op Fiesta (2)
vKnight dies to vPike (bombed -1) 3/4
vKnight kills vPike (archer missed) 2/4
vKnight dies to vPike (archer missed) 1/4
vKnight kills vPike 2/4
vKnight dies to vPike (1/4)
vKnight kills 3/4 pike (2/4)
vKnight kills rPike (3/4)
eMW kills 1/4 pike (4/5)
vKnight kills 1/4 pike (2/4)
vKnight kills rArcher (3/4)
4/5 Knight kills rArcher and we raze the city

Misfit has some units in range (vMW and vMDI) but the survivors have bunkered down in a forest and are protected by a vKnight.

Tubby Rower
04-08-2006, 14:48
battle from Whomp from my eastern city I presume

Hey!
Battle report.
buchets go 2-2 hitting a vet knight.
Vet sam goes 1/4 taking the 2/4 knight
Vet sam loses to vet immortal (goes 2/4)
Vet sam goes 3/4 taking 2/4 immortal
Vet sword loses to vet knight (stays 4/4)

2 for 4 isn't bad [:p]

grahamiam
04-08-2006, 14:55
even better, you knight is unscathed and can counter :)

grahamiam
12-08-2006, 04:51
from Barbu

Near Ghulaman
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight -&gt; Knight 3/5
4/4 MW attacks 4/4 Knight -&gt; Knight 1/4
4/4 MW attacks 3/5 Knight -&gt; MW 1/4
5/5 MW attacks 1/4 Knight -&gt; MW 3/5 (no promo)

grahamiam
12-08-2006, 05:19
battle log for my turn:

for Whomp:
Near Tyrus:
vLB kills 3/4 Sami (2/5)

for barbu:
Near Tyrus:
vKnight dies to vMW (3/4)
vKnight kills vMW (3/4)
vKnight kills vMW (4/4)

for Mistfit:
Near Chance:
eKnight kills vMW (5/5) no leader
eMW kills vMW (3/5) no leader
vMW kills vMW (4/4)
vMW kills vMW (5/5)

Tubby Rower
21-08-2006, 15:39
house ... .of ..... cards..... crumbling

quote: Hi Casey.

Well here you go.

At Hamadan
vet sam 2/4 taking vet pike
vet sam loses to vet crusader who promotes 3/5
vet sam 1/4 taking 3/5 crusader
Capture Hamadan

At Tyred of Samurai (LOL)
vet MI hit with a treb goes 1/4 taking vet knight
vet MI avoids treb loses to vet knight 1/4
vet MI 1/4 taking vet knight
elite sword 1/5 taking vet spear
4/5 MI goes 2/5 taking reg immortal
elite archer goes 3/5 taking reg immortal
vet MI taking 1/4 knight
Capture Tyred of Samurai and 2 buchets

At Sardis
vet MI hit with cat loses to knight 3/4
Elite MI avoids cat goes 2/5 taking 3/4 knight

Near Tyred of Samurai
2 buchets hit vet musket now 2/4
vet sam retreats from 2/4 musket no damage
vet sam promotes 3/5 promotes taking 2/4 musket

grahamiam
31-08-2006, 05:05
From Barbu:
Near Gulaman:
vMW dies to 4/4 Kn. Kn 1/4
vMW dies to 4/4 Kn. Kn 1/4
vMW Kills 4/4 kn. MW 1/4
vMW Kills 3/4 kn. MW 3/4
5/5 MW kills 3/3 archer MW 3/5 no promo.
3/5MW kills 1/4KN. MW 1/5 No promo
1/4MW kills 1/4KN. Promotes MW 2/5

During My turn:
To Mistfit:
Capture 2 workers near Chance

To Barbu:
eGalley kills rGalley near Eye of the Tiger (4/5)

I had no idea of where their forces are located, so I kind of scattered near the front ineffectively, costing us a chance to do some damage.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/grahamiam/20068314353_900BC-1.jpg
42.38KB

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 13:49
well the thing is that this came at me pretty fast and I don't have many forces left. What you see is pretty much what I have. I'm building small units in most all of my cities.

I'm not too good at warfare which is exceptionally clear in this PBEM :( sorry you got the builder out of the bunch. I'll fight as much as I can.

BCLG100
31-08-2006, 14:46
any chance of seeing a big map type thing? so we can see whats going on from your point of view

Tubby Rower
31-08-2006, 14:55
Here's my minimap [:p] [medic]

I'll try to get one next turn

grahamiam
01-09-2006, 05:43
Do you have a spare lux? Looks like one of the deals expired last turn, or you lost a spare when you lost those towns.

Tubby Rower
01-09-2006, 13:41
I lost all of my dyes.

grahamiam
14-09-2006, 06:07
From Whomp:
At Tyred
2 Trebuchets hit knight now 2/4 on forest. 4/4 samurai promotes to 5/5 taking 2/4 knight.
3/5 Samurai loses to 2/5 LB who's flawless. wtf...
3/4 MI goes 2/4 takes 2/5 LB.

From Barbu:
Your <s>MW</s> (MDI) on my coast looses to a MW after killing one.
Your 4/5 galley looses 1 HP from a Treb

My turn..........
To Misfit:
@ Chance:
MDI dies to vMW (4/4)
vKnight kills vMW (4/4)
vGalley kills rGalley (1/4)

To Whomp:
@ Tyred of Samurai:
(In the woods)
vKnight kills vPike (3/4)
(In Town)
vKnight kills vSami (1/4) (Treb missed) (or was it elite because now an elite is on top?)
vKnight dies to eSami (1/5) (Treb missed)

I'm bringing back the knights from Rik's front to help with the Barbu/Whomp front. This will probably bite me in the ass but I don't know what else to do. Please, please, please, post a pic next turn so I can see what you see along the SE border. Thanks!

Tubby Rower
14-09-2006, 13:30
ok... I'll post a pic as soon as I get the save back.. I thought that I had posted one recently, but scrolling back, I see that I haven't.. It's sad so don't freak out too much.

Tubby Rower
27-09-2006, 04:46
Here is my situation.. It looks dire, but I think that the most of the initaial force is either dead or healing, allowing me time to spam immortals in most of my cities. I have my king in Fat Boy city protected by 2 muskets. Should I move him?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/200692734429_Image2.jpg
149.79KB

grahamiam
27-09-2006, 05:36
It would probably be a good idea to move him W, away from those Sami's on the mountains, as it doesn't seem like you have much to counter them right now.

grahamiam
16-10-2006, 05:07
Near Tyred of Sami:
vLB kills Whomp's LB (4/4)

I put a vKnight over the LB. Note: I didn't see anything to the SE of Tyred, including on the mountian. I left 1 knight and 1 3/4 Knight exposed, hoping he takes the bait as I have a load of knights that'll be in the area in about 2T.

Barbu has 6 vMW's down along the coast, about 2T from my border. He's been holding them there for a while, but I'm getting a bit worried so some units will have to stay down there as protection. Mistfit and Rik are very quite atm.

BCLG100
02-11-2006, 01:48
so anything happened yet?

im enjoying reading this game and doesnt seem to be as much action recently :)

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 01:51
no Rik got a life.. and The save gets bogged down every turn.. if it kept going, it would just have been the muppets as the rower was getting sliced and diced by some samauri

grahamiam
02-11-2006, 04:48
not quite. I had about 11 knights 2T from the battle, and was 3T from Cav's. If we don't give up more ground over then next 5 turns, this thing would have turned.

Tubby Rower
02-11-2006, 13:36
well he's also up north as well. I'm not giving up and am doing everything that I can to stem the Japanese tide, but it doesn't look good.

grahamiam
06-11-2006, 15:37
Ok, now we're fucked :)
From Whomp:
quote:4/4 Knight outside of Tyred of Sam
buchet misses
cat hits knight 3/4
cat hits knight 2/4
buchet misses
3/5 sam hit with bombard goes 1/5 takes 2/4 knight
3/5 swordsman goes 1/5 taking 4/4 LB
Tojo the MGL is born.

BCLG100
06-11-2006, 15:50
real fucked.

Tubby Rower
06-11-2006, 15:50
oh crap... I have moved my king over to a closer position to Rik.. Hopefully Whomp will use the army on Rik & Mistfit