PDA

View Full Version : Interseason transfers

Kemal
30-08-2005, 20:05
Now that the seasons has ended and prices tend to be a bit lower, are there any CDZ teams that are looking to bring in a spectacular new signing to their club?

Personally, I've made 2 expensive buys so far, which should help boost my midfield to about weak (high) - inadequate (low), which will be the minimum I'll need to survive in my next division, but costs have been high... still need to promote Berke Can Ozturk to trainer soon as well when he pops to solid exp, so it's been quite some cash-splashing for Snaken.

1.9 million has gone to two midfield players:

quote:
Gal Lavie
22 years, weak form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is balanced and upright.
Has wretched experience and poor leadership abilities.

Nationality: Israel
Total Skill Index (TSI): 3 790
Wage: 1 920 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: FC De Snaken
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: outstanding Passing: wretched
Winger: weak Defending: wretched
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: passable

Signed for 807K, which seems to be reasonable but not that cheap, and:

quote:

Vilhelm Hansson (22530116)
22 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and honest.
Has wretched experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Unpredictable

Nationality: Sverige
Total Skill Index (TSI): 7 110
Wage: 2 184 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: FC De Snaken

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: outstanding Passing: inadequate
Winger: inadequate Defending: weak
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: weak

For 1093K euro, quite inexpensive when comparing similar players, but that undoubtedly has to do with the unpredictable speciality... I hope he won't give away any crucial goals, but I simply couldn't afford a non-unpred one. Also, considering his age, he could act as a WTM when I later upgrade my IMs to brilliant or better, and I figured unpred is actually quite useful then.

Any other teams planning to do big signings these days, or already having done so? Post them here, please! (Bragging is allowed of course, that's what the topic is for... ;))
______

(Btw, should we make this forum hidden to non-cdz members, just like the KoC forum, in case some league competitior would come looking here for info? I am okay with giving away my stats but maybe other people here don't like to do so that easily...)

Shabbaman
30-08-2005, 21:59
Meh.

I'd like to sell my whole forward line, but the problem is that they need another half season before they pop. If I'd promote (not much chance though), I definately need better players. I have 3 19 y.o. outstanding scorers, so it's not as if it would be a problem to loose my forward line (not even if I promote). So somewhere next season I'll buy a midfielder, and hopefully a winger and one or two wing defenders. If I sell my current excellent keeper I should be able to buy a better goalie as well.

Dell19
31-08-2005, 19:14
I'm planning on swapping my formidable goalkeeper for an outstanding and have brought in a formidable defender.

arne1
31-08-2005, 19:17
well, no. hope I will promote with my current team.

yndy
31-08-2005, 20:43
Kemal, that's outrageous, with your signings your midfield will be almost as good as mine, and you have like 3 seasons less than I do.

BTW, I'm not signing anythisn, I bid on a magnificent playmaker and on another brilliant one on some occasions but they were both sold at higher prices. I did manage to put aside 5.1 million though :D

Kemal
31-08-2005, 23:45
And your team was worth 20M euro last time you checked, wasn;t it? I suppose I'd still have 3 seasons to earn about 13M then, to do as well as you have done so far... ;)

I'm currently at 300K and still need to upgrade a future coach for 750K... hopefully a decent cup run will see to that.

Not as much activity on the transfer lists then this year, or are people waiting for the end of season bonus to be handed out?

I always think of money to be better invested on people on the pitch than being stuck in the treasury, it should be profitable if you buy cheap and sell expensive, and gives you a better team as well.... but then again, I suppose that is/was the philosophy of most Dutch RL Eredivisie teams as well, which are of course now all only able to avoid bankruptcy by calling on government money.. [rolleyes]

Mistfit
31-08-2005, 23:53
End of season Bonus?

I'm not planning anything as far as buying in the off season myself.

I had a pretty good crew of trainees and want to see them trained through next season. I will prolly sell one or 2 of them off during the season if I find a great deal on an newer and better trainee though.

Kemal
01-09-2005, 00:03
Sponsors give an amount of bonus money to the team depending on where the team finished in the league. :)

I'm not sure what kind of bonus the US league uses though, but 2nd place should net you some money for sure.

Mistfit
01-09-2005, 00:14
When does that show up?

I think they are happy [coool]

Sponsors: high on life
Supporters Club: 548 members
Supporters: high on life

yndy
01-09-2005, 00:27
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

And your team was worth 20M euro last time you checked, wasn;t it? I suppose I'd still have 3 seasons to earn about 13M then, to do as well as you have done so far... ;)

Last time I checked it was 23M [:p] but I check very often :)

ProPain
01-09-2005, 00:34
lol, were do you check that?

Here's PP SV's most expensive transfer ever. I think he's a bit overskilled now I managed to relegate to the 7th [lol]

Vojtěch Fabian (34888371)
23 years, solid form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is tranquil and honest.
Has poor experience and weak leadership abilities.

Speciality: Technical

Nationality: Česká republika
Total Skill Index (TSI): 21 260
Wage: 6 216 €/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: PP SV

Stamina: excellent Goalkeeping: disastrous
Playmaking: magnificent Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: passable
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: wretched

Career Goals: 14
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 0
Cup goals this season: 1

bed_head7
01-09-2005, 00:55
I was planning to buy some cheap young guys and get their stamina up while I train it off season, then with those that take more of a form hit, play them a game or two training playmaking and hope they pop a skill (I am working on my ability to read from TSI nearness to popping a skill). None of the guys have been special, though, and thus far I haven't nabbed anyone with the skills I want in the price range I want ($1-2,000).

yndy
01-09-2005, 09:26
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

lol, were do you check that?

I use HT-Buddy and it has that transfer evaluation function and also has a statistic with the transfer value of the entire team. At least HAM has the same tool but maybe other assistant manager programs also do.

That really is a good player PP, my best playmaker is only brilliant.

Edit: It's not accurate but it's an estimate of team value, I wanted to make that clear.

Kemal
01-09-2005, 11:06
Ah, so that's where you get the numbers from... HO doesn't have the function, so I should get HAM's free evaluation version again sometime I suppose to check. :)

@PP: as said, those 7th division clubs you'll be playing with won't be very happy this season. ;)

yndy
02-09-2005, 11:48
As it turns out, I could not keep the cash for too long, I just bought my most expensive player ever, a magnificent playmaker with SOLID passing for a whopping 3.6 M EURO. My teammates will eat the dust now :D

Kemal
02-09-2005, 13:17
And I thought your aim was to become 2nd again...? ;)

Kingreno
10-09-2005, 11:30
Sigh, I could not keep my hand on the wallet either buying a Brilliant+4 PM with weak passing/defending and weak experience as well, only 22 (well 23 in 2 days). He cost me 1.9M and does 5 stars. My best player, Timmy Vink, is not too far from Magnificent Defending and he will be sold halfway the season. I hope to buy a Magnificent playmaker back for that.

@Yndy, that player you have is way too good to not become champion in your league. So when you say you are realy going for second place I must conclude he will play this season in the CDZ-cup!:D

Kingreno
10-09-2005, 11:30
Sigh, I could not keep my hand on the wallet either buying a Brilliant+4 PM with weak passing/defending and weak experience as well, only 22 (well 23 in 2 days). He cost me 1.9M and does 5 stars. My best player, Timmy Vink, is not too far from Magnificent Defending and he will be sold halfway the season. I hope to buy a Magnificent playmaker back for that.

@Yndy, that player you have is way too good to not become champion in your league. So when you say you are realy going for second place I must conclude he will play this season in the CDZ-cup!:D

ProPain
11-09-2005, 13:59
I sold 2 players for 275K, trying to sell another for 200K. If it all works out I'll start the next season with 1.5M euro that will be spend on 3 additional trainees. When I have 3 new trainees I have another semi-trainee for sale.