PDA

View Full Version : Season's over, how did it end?

Kingreno
28-08-2005, 22:18
So, reached your goals this season? I have!:). Though last match was an annoying 0-0 I finished 3rd in my league, a very good performance since I was a relegation candidate before the season, I conceded a measily 7 goals. Also, getting to the 5th round of the cup was great! Next season I would be happy to have these results, that's for sure!

So how did you guys do?

Dell19
28-08-2005, 22:25
Came back to win the final game of the season 3-2. Shocking result as he MOTSed whilst I PICed. So I managed to finish fifth on a high and get a qualifier for the extra training and should get a decent attendence.

ProPain
28-08-2005, 22:34
Somehow my competitor for relegation pulled of a miracle and won his last match although had only 35% possesion rate. I lost 4-0, relegated and on top of that my keeper has been injured for 4 weeks.

In short: it sucks

So back to the 7th next season. At least that provides ample training opportunities and hopefully I'll be strong enough to promote again after 1 season.

Kingreno
28-08-2005, 22:42
Wow PP, that sucks indeed, however, there are others who may feel even heavier screwed, check the Dutch Eredivisie where numbers 6 and 7 have: 14 points, 25 goals scored AND 34 conceded. Yes BOTH teams. What happens is that RANDOMLY one team is chosen for sixth, and one for seventh...man![crazyeye]

Kemal
28-08-2005, 23:19
Bad luck PP, and also for those teams that you'll end up with in the 7th I guess...

Snaken managed to reach all their goals, I reached an inadequate midfield, managed to get a 40 star performance, and went unbeaten in the league this season. Not much more one can ask for I suppose. :)
Well, except that I really need to reduce the number of cards, I got a staggering 24 yellow cards in 14 league matches, and injured about a dozen players with my opponents. That has to improve for next season..

On top of that, I grabbed the topscorer money today via a hat-trick from one of my strikers. [cool]

arne1
28-08-2005, 23:58
I promoted. So I will play in the X, where people will still be a little impressed by my poor midfield. But after some stamina training it will be stronger. I aim to become champion next season. And of course get a full stadium.

Shabbaman
29-08-2005, 00:03
Presenting the new champion of VI.770, Shabba FC! I doubt I'll make it through the promotion/relegation round, but at least I got a medal now.

ProPain
29-08-2005, 00:14
Bit OT, but wasnt there a way to determine what league you'll play next season? Links would be appreciated :)

And all you guys who did waaay better than me : congratulations. Pop the champagne bottles and have a little party!!!! [party]

Shabbaman
29-08-2005, 00:25
That would be this site (http://www.rembrandt.net/hattrick/). It hasn't updated in two weeks though.

Dell19
29-08-2005, 00:50
The owner is on holiday.

bed_head7
29-08-2005, 03:10
As this was my first season and I took over with the season over half finished, I didn't have too many objectives other than keeping the economy afloat and getting a playable team and trainees.

The economy is okay, I guess. I seem to be coming out a little ahead when I host league games and losing big when I am away, but I made it to the end of the season without taking too much damage. I should end up about $15,000 in the hole at the end of the season. As long as I get put in a not too hard series, my fan base should grow quickly next season and I will start making some more money.

With trainees, I accidentally bought a few too many. So I had 13 guys when I only needed 10 for playmaking. I ended up selling two after stamina training and made roughly $20,000 apiece on them, and another was injured and out for 7 weeks, and as I paid only $1,000 for him anyway and he was kind of weak to begin with, I just fired him. Thus far, I have only had two playmaking skill pops, but hopefully in the first couple of weeks of the next season I'll see the rest of my 17yos and 18yos IMs hit solid playmaking and my winger guys hit passable. Which brings me to a question, actually. I should switch my training over to stamina for the off season once training updates occur on Thursday, correct?

The season did end on a high note for me, as I MotS against the number six team, and pulled out a 3-2 victory. It didn't accomplish much, but it seems MotS is rather effective, though team spirit dropped to murderous from irritated. Doesn't matter though since that is wiped clean, correct? Anyway, I was hoping the win might actually get me an easier series next season. Is this the case, or am I crazy? At the very least, it should get me a better cup ranking next season, and perhaps I'll manage to advance to the second or third round.

bed_head7
29-08-2005, 03:12
Does the extra boost from MotSing show up in the star report? My stars weren't really any higher except for a couple of players, and that would have been as easily achieved by their form jumps in the last couple weeks.

Shabbaman
29-08-2005, 09:53
The only thing that gets higher is your midfield rating.

Thrawn
29-08-2005, 11:03
I finished 4th. Which I think is pretty good for my first season in V. Only 2 points behind 3rd, and 6 points clear of 5th too. :)

socralynnek
29-08-2005, 12:57
I finsihed 3d in my division VII.
Won 0-1 away against the team that became 2nd and promotes...
Wanted to promote but maybe it's better for my long term plans to stay a year in league VII, because the VI where my opponent goes in is rather strong.
What is really bad is that my most valuable trainee got injured for 7 weeks in the last game. I calculated that with 8 docs I get him to bruised but playing before the first friendly /second cup match.
Next season it will not be easy to promote but I hope I can make but one team coming down is really strong.

Energy
29-08-2005, 14:39
I was able to top my goals for the season, I ended second where I was aiming for 3rd at the beginning of the season. And I had an 34+ performance, but just barely. Only minor down point was that i managed this performance and still lost the game, which got me in second place instead of first. 7th, here i come!

Melifluous
30-08-2005, 12:30
Yay 5th Division football for me again next season.

After a season of 13 wins and a single loss I autopromote on goal difference.

Nice season for me.

Lets see what next season brings...

Melifluous

PS. Oh and I grabbed top scorer with my X-Man, despite Mistfit injuring him for 4 weeks at the end of the season.

Mistfit
30-08-2005, 14:18
I ended the season in 2nd place. Not bad for my 1st season. I had a serious run for 1st place for a couple of weeks. I probably should have MoT'ed the game in week 13 to put my best chances for beating the #1 team.

Right at the end of the season I had a bunch of my trainees pop skills. I have 1 Exc PM Inad Pass 18 yr old ~ 1 Solid PM Passable Passing 18 yr old ~ 1 Exc PM Weak Passing 18 yr old ~ and a Solid PM inad Passing 20 yr old for my core of good IM's I also have 2 17 yr olds in the Passable/solid range so training seems to be going well.

Overall I am very satisfied with my team and HT experiance

PS the X-man took a dive. He's been seen haning out in Brazil hitting on underage boys.

Iggy
30-08-2005, 18:47
I came 4th, really it should have been 5th however one of the better teams decided to play some strange formations which cost him a few games.
Defence training is proving to be a bit of a pain short term. My team is becoming increasingly unbalanced and most of my opponents are training PM. I am dedicated to sticking with Def training and will reap the rewards in another 3 seasons time. On occasion I wasted a training spot for the sake of winning games, next season I will just swallow my pride.

Swingue
31-08-2005, 03:55
Goal was:
- get better rating
- try to promote
- get finances in order

Well rating went up to 36,5 at end of season
I promoted (as second but with topscorer)
Keepertraining paid off! Finances are stable

next season will be interesting, i am afraid there is a good chance that I'll only be in VI for one season.

Darth Pugwash
05-09-2005, 13:09
I finished 5th, same as last season, with the same points total as last season, and almost the same goal difference as last season. Pugwash FC is making good progress!

With a bit of luck I could finish 4th next season, but no higher.

Edit: I actually finished 6 last season, not 5th[crazyeye]

Huh? Did this edit bump the thread? [crazyeye]

akots
15-09-2005, 04:40
Well, it was a nice season, or so it seems. I've won the league (14 wins out of 14 matches) with 42 points and am now facing a rather tough Div V league. hope I can finish 4th there. It is quite possible even playing 3-4-3 considering two passable midfield teams. Nobody said it's going to be easy...