PDA

View Full Version : SGOTM8 Turnlogs

Darkness
26-08-2005, 14:30
Apparently some people don't visit CFC a lot... [rolleyes][lol]
And they still want to know what's up with the CDZ teams in the SGOTM, so I volunteered to get you all up to date on the events that have taken place so far...

I'll try to get the turnlogs on tonight... :)

Rik Meleet
26-08-2005, 18:30
If you get into problems; just inform me; I can do a lot on CFC.

Darkness
26-08-2005, 19:25
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

If you get into problems; just inform me; I can do a lot on CFC.

By doing what? Posting the turnlogs here? If that's a reason to get in trouble at CFC the I expect I will follow PP's example very quickly... [crazyeye]

Rik Meleet
26-08-2005, 19:26
I meant: technical problems (like not being able to copy pictures or whatever ... ) [lol]

Darkness
26-08-2005, 19:39
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

I meant: technical problems (like not being able to copy pictures or whatever ... ) [lol]

Ah, right. I was already wondering what the hell you meant... :D

Darkness
26-08-2005, 19:45
The variant is Hydrophobic Conquest. You are America, your goal is to conquer your archipelago world, and you are afraid of water.

The rules are simple:

1. You will build no boats. Seaborne units are all disabled for America.
3. You must win by Conquest. America must be the only civ standing at the end of your game.
4. Red and Gold Laurels will be awarded respectively to the members of the C3C and Classic teams achieving the fastest conquests.
5. PTW and Vanilla teams are not permitted to leader rush Great Wonders before 1000 BC in this game

Here's the start:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826194324_CDZstart.jpg
30.33*KB

Map Parameters
Playable Civ - America
Opponents - Six, preselected
World size - 80 wide by 80 high. (Small)
Difficulty - Emperor
Landform - Archipelago
Barbarians - Raging

The map is handbuilt, and therefore may not have a standard configuration.

Game mods:
- America can't build boats. The AI can.
- All victory conditions are available except Diplomatic and Spaceship.
- Settlers, workers, scouts, explorers, leaders, cruise missiles and tactical nukes can be loaded into helicopters.
- A side effect is AIs can load tactical nukes into any boat with transport capacity ... so beware
- Bombers have lethal sea bombard only (lethal land bombard removed)
- Cruise missiles, stealth bombers and F-15 have both lethal sea and land bombard.

Additional change:
- C3C will use the same contact and map trading rules as Classic. Contacts can be traded between two civs when one of them knows Writing. Maps can be traded between two civs when one of them knows MapMaking.

First 20 turns (Player: Darkness)

4000BC (0) – Scout SE, S. Worker, E. Settler SE.
3950BC (1) – Found Washington. Start granary. Research at 100% to alphabet. Irrigate lambs. Scout W, S
3900BC (2) – Scout S, pops GH: 25 gold
3850BC (3) – Scout moves W, NW
3800BC (4) – Irrigation is finished. MM Washington for extra shields (forest). Worker starts road. Scout NW, pops GH: CB!
3750BC (5) – Scout moves NW, N. Washington MMed back to lambs. Growth in 4
3700BC (6) – Scout moves N, E. worker moves SE
3650BC (7) – Worker begins chop. Scout moves N, N
3600BC (8) – Scout moves NE, N.
3550BC (9) – Washington grows to size two. Sliders adjusted. Scout opens GH, and gets BW
3500BC (10) – 10 shields added to granary by chop. Scout moves N.
3450BC (11) – Cultural expansion. Scout moves NE
3400BC (12) – Road finished. Move worker to forest SE, scout pops GH: Maps
3350BC (13) – Start chop. Scout moves N
3300BC (14) – Scout moves N
3250BC (15) – Scout moves N and meets a Greek Hoplite! Alexander has wines, 20 gold, WC and alphabet. Trade masonry, CB and pottery for alphabet, WC and 20 gold. Scout moves N again
3200BC (16) – chop done. Washington grows. Sliders adjusted. Scout moves W and N. worker starts road.
3150BC (17) – Scout moves W and N again
3100BC (18) – Granary completed, settler started. Meet China. They have nothing.
Worker completes road, moves N
3050BC (19) – Scout moves W. Worker starts chop.
3000BC (20) - scout moves N

The map:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826194523_CDZ3000BC.jpg
99.23*KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 19:48
Turn 21-30 (Player: barbu1977)

Preturn:
Greece has mysticism

2950BC
Scout moves north

2900BC
Worker finishes chopping it's BG, I'm thinking someone put it there. The worker starts roading.
2850BC
Washinton grows, the lux slider is up to 40%.

2800BC
Settler is finished Wash. set to warrior.
Greece now has IW

2750BC
Nothing to declare
(recovered the autosave, I mixed up the scout. I did not find anyting new)

2710BC
Nothing either

2670BC
Warrior Finished, Leave production to warrior.

2630BC
Warrior pops hut and reveals map of the region.
I hesitate many seconds if I should move the settler to reveal hidden ocean square and loosing 2 turns moving on the olives. I do it and it doesn't pay off
Mao has 2 juicy workers in the capital, but wants 40 gold and ceremonial burrial for 1 of them, too expensive.

2590BC
Washinton Produces Warrior, I leave it there for MP. Production to Settler (I'm not sure about the settler, but we'll be able to change it)

2550BC
New York Settled, set production to worker
Greece now has the wheel, probably from china who now has mysticism and the wheel.

We need to decide production in both cities.
Wash will grow to size 4 and has 5 sheilds done, so it's time to change if needed. Maybe a worker will be more usefull.

Darkness
26-08-2005, 19:49
Turn 31-40 (Player:Romeothemonk)

IHT: Look around.
Turn 1: Get booted from greece, lux goes up. Due to tile alignment, New York gets swapped to warrior, then worker.
Turn 2: Start mining BG
Turn 3: A barb showed up and killed our fortified warrior. Not cool.
Turn 4: Settler built goes to A.
Turn 5: New york builds warrior, goes to worker. Lux is at 20%, moved down last turn. Found Boston, set to warrior.
Turn 6: Washington builds a warrior, he goes on MP duty. Suppress those buerocrats.
Turn 7: Nada
Turn 8: Moving worker to get some FP's watered.
Turn 9: Nada
Turn 10: There is more stuff in the Mts north of greece, And I am looking into it.
NOt much, but we should decide where the next city goes.
no one popped any techs or anything.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826194931_CDZRomeo.jpg
74.83KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 19:51
Turn 41-50 (Player: Akots)

Preturn: only change switch build in Boston from warrior to scout. We are number 1 in population already which is nice.

[1] Washington Settler->scout. Settler goes to site 1.

[3] Both scouts ready, moving to position. Washington goes to archer, can be switched to settler. Boston to warrior. If there are barbarians in the south, we want to hammer on them. The wheel is around, so these would be horsemen. Phili founded, set to worker.

[4] Greece has Writing. It does not smell good, I don’t think Philo gambit is doable on this map. We can still try to go for Philo and pick CoL as a free tech. Otherwise, we just get nothing. I trade Writing from Greece for 11g and trade Writing to China for Iron Working + 11g. Amazingly stupid these AIs are, we actually got a tech for free from them. I have not played against AI for a while and just plain forgot how dumb it can be. Never mind, no iron in sight except for the northern tip of our continent and near Athens.

[5] New York makes worker, goes for another.

[7] Washington and Boston make archer and warrior. Archer rushes into battle with barbarians whereas warrior stays in Boston for military police duty.

[9] Almost finished improving tiles for settler factory and ready to go. Just keep it running is a proper way, don’t mess up. We still need one more plains tile to irrigate and road to make it fully functional. I decide to build another worker in Washington to accomplish this epic task. It will waste 4 shields though but we firmly remain at size 5 and on track. Archer killed barbarian warrior.

[10] Archer killed another barbarian warrior.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826195123_CDZakots1.jpg
128.99KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826195143_CDZakots2.jpg
98.21KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 19:53
Turn 51-60 (Player: Socralynnek)

Preturn: Switch Boston from Worker to Barracks, this can be switched to a wonder later on.

1725 BC (1) - Wash builds Worker, set to another worker that will be done in 2 turns.Both roads are done.
I don't see how we can get a 4-turn-factory in despotism as we are now at6spt in Washington and we can only get 1 more at size 6, but 8spt is required at size 6.
Once we are in republic it is no problem, because we can then use hills or forest and still be at +5fpt.
So, I directly swith Washington to a Settler as we are at 5 turns anyway and the other cities can pump workers.

1700 BC (2) - Irrigate 2 floodplains and a plain.
Move scout from the north closer to our territory because a barb horse is threatening him.

1675 BC (3) - Set lux to 30% as Washington has grown to size 6.
Working the lake for economy. China has Math.
Archer kills a barb and becomes veteran.
Phil produces worker.

1650 BC (4) - Set research to 20%. Philo will be done next turn.

1625 BC (5) - We research Philo and get Code Of Laws for free. Started research on Republic.
NY has produced worker and Washington has grown to size 7.
In the southeast, it looks like that peninsula purely consists of mountains.
We sell CoL to China for Math+32g.
We sell CoL and Math to Greece for Myst, TW + 46g.
We see horses on the other side of the channel to the SW.Chinese have horses near Canton.

1600 BC (6) - Settler done in Washington, set research to 80%.
There is a barb camp close to the gems, but no iron there...

1575 BC (7) - The Chinese are building The Colossus.
We are losing our warrior to a barb.
2 workers go improving the tiles between Wash&Boston.

1550 BC (8) - Hit wrong key, started to build a road near NY instead of irrigating, but since that tile is not used now, it won't hurt that much.
MM WAshington and set lux to 30%.

1525 BC (9) - Found Atlanta and set production to Temple there which can be changed by next one.
Northern scout spots a source of horses across a channel close to the Greeks.

1500 BC (10) - Fortified archer on mountain defends against a horse.
Alexander wants Philo. I don't give in. He doesn't declare war.
Moving workers towards Atlanta to improve BG.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826195344_CDZsocr.jpg
170.87KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 19:59
Turn 61-70 (Player: Rik Meleet

IHT: Wash gets 2 scientists. Boston to Pyramids. Atlanta to warrior. Philly-worker towards Boston to improve tiles for the Pyr city.

1 - Washington is a perfect 6879 settler factory. No adjustments here. It will require some lux-changes, but so does Boston.

2 - Chicago build on site "4".

3 - Phil builds worker, BARB spotted W of NY. Phil starts warrior. NY switched to warrior. Build embassy in Beijing. They'll finish the Pyramids in 20 turns. Switch Boston over to settler.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826195552_CDZRik1.jpg
153.76KB

4 - just some MM-ing.

5 - Wash Settler, NY warrior, Boston settler. The NY warrior starts to position himself near the barbs. Settlers move to their locations.

6 - Barb walks next to empty Phil. New York warrior is forced to attack and dies. Another warrior kills it. Dispersing the barb camp fails.
Greece and China both have Mapmaking. Trade Phil to Greece for MapMaking + their WM. There are a lot of dyes present.
Use the extra gold to buy embassy with Greece.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826195643_CDZRik2.jpg
180.39KB

7 - Use the scouts on a new mission: block settlers from the dyes. But that turns out to be too late already; a chinese warrior-settler is spotted.

8 - Seattle + San Francisco founded. That relieves our mountain-scout from spotting duty. He is send north for blocking.

9 - Wash: Settler finished. Boston builds a warrior. Xinjian is Greek. Flipped, probably as there is no war. China builds the Dyes city. We now only have 1 dyes available to us. I make it a priority to get it. All 3 scouts are going there to block settlers. One of our settlers is going there as well.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826195749_CDZRik3.jpg
151.1KB

10 - NY worker, Atlanta warrior. 2 warrior send to the mountains to form a chain to the gems. Atlanta starts a spear to be put on the gems.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826195837_CDZRik4.jpg
181.82KB

------------

Things in progress:
* Archer + fortified warrior should remove the barb camp near New York.
* Warriors south of Atlanta are to form a fortified link to the Gems. The spear currently being build in Atlanta is planned to go on the Gems.
* Courthouse in Seattle is library pre-build. If we get lucky we pop the hut.
* Courthouse in San Francisco is just because I didn't know what to build there.
* Archer in Boston is for barb hunting. It is open for change.
* Settler NW NW of New York is to claim the Dyes. This should be a big priority. If the fortified warrior isn't needed to expell the barbcamp it can join the settler on its trip. If it is needed, the scout 1 tile in front can detect barbs.

Oh yeah; This is what the north looks like:

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826195926_CDZRik5.jpg
130.44KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 20:01
Turn 71-80 (Player: Darkness)

1225BC (1) – Philly: worker -> worker. Archer destroys barb camp near NY.
1200BC (2) – Chicago: Warrior -> worker.
1175BC (3) – Washington: Settler -> settler. KYOTO (JAPAN) builds Oracle. See a Chinese settler-spearman pair near Canton. Move to block… Approach barbarian camp near gems. Only one warrior present. Switch Atlanta build to settler.
1150 BC (4) – I gamble and use the two warriors to attack the camp near the mountains. First one dies, but the second wins…
1125BC (5) – NY: Worker -> worker. Build in SanFran… switched to warrior as NY needs another MP.
1100BC (6) – Second Chinese settler-spear combo spotted near Canton… Boston: Archer -> spearman. Philly: worker -> worker. Miami founded 3 NW of New York. Start production of worker… WM sold to Greece for their WM and 23 gold. WM sold to China for their WM and 20 gold. Maps show nothing new, they just got us some extra gold.
1075BC (7) – Washington: Settler -> settler. Chicago: worker -> worker.
1050BC (8) – SanFran...: warrior -> courthouse. Seattle hires scientis, ‘cause the only alternative is raising the lux tax to 60%.... Houston founded N of the dyes (on the river). Start worker (can be changed by the next player).
1025BC (9) – China orders us to remove our forces. We are not ready for war, so I comply with his “request”. We got what we wanted from the blocking anyway.
1000BC (10) – NY: worker -> worker. Atlanta: Settler -> courthouse.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/200582620123_CDZDark1.jpg
169.61KB

Some notes for the next player (see NEW dotmap!!!):
- The injured warrior should patrol near the gems, moving SW next turn and again NE the turn after, to keep as much as we can clear of the fog, so we can prevent camps from arising. After the colony is founded on the gems we’ll see what to do next.
- The settler in Chicago should go to A
- The settler in the stack 2N of Miami should go to B
- The workers 2 N of Miami are a stack to road towards the dyes.
- Use all available units to block the Chinese. We might get a few more cities
- Cities on the new dotmap are listed in order of priority (IMHO)
- Republic in 7 turns. After that: literature, so we can build some libraries.
- The spearman build in Boston can also be changed to a library pre-build, but that’s your call.
- I built a lot of workers, ‘cause we’re going to war later on with a slow stack and we need those workers to road for them, to get at least something that resembles speed…
- City site C1 or C2 is up for debate I think. I prefer C2 (less cultural pressure and closed territory without the need for culture right away.
- City site E has the lowest priority, because we will get that site anyway. C and D will be a race with the Chinese, and we’ll most likely lose the race for D.
- E is located 2 SW of Miami, because that will bring more tiles in our territory than any other location on that piece of coast.
- And lastly: I made a minor error in the micromanagement of New York. It will now grow in 5 turns, instead of 4. Sorry about that…
- And one final note: we’re lagging behind team Wacken by a whopping 88 points. I am very surprised how they got such a high score. We did not play perfect, but we did play quite a good game so far. I’ll be reading their spoiler after the game is over with great interest! Looks like we’ll be racing for second place…

Darkness
26-08-2005, 20:04
Turn 81-90 (Player: barbu1977)

975BC (1)
Wash. Settler-> settler
Founded Buffalo
Changed Boston and Phili to barracks (we'll see if we need baracks or library later)

IT
Bejing finished the Pyramids

950 (2)
Chicago Worker -> Barracks
Founded St-Louis

IT
Barb camp appeared just next to the scout in the north. It's the first time I a camp not in the fog. Is that normal?

925 BC (3)
Nothing happened

900 BC (4)
Nothing worth mentioning

IT
China settler seen moving back north

875BC (5)
Wash Settler -> Settler
NY Worker -> Worker

850BC (6)
Republic came around with a 5 turn anarchy
Worker sets colony on dyes

825BC (7)
Detroit Founded

800BC (8)
Anarchy!

IT
Athens finished the Colossus

775BC (9)
Dyes Connected Only NY and Wash need entertainers

750BC (10)
Anarchy

We have Republic and our we can gain Construction and Curency on them. I'd wait just a little bit because we are only one road away from china and they do have a Horse to trade (the worker alone in the jungle). Maybe we should go that way. It's up to the next turnplayer.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/200582620428_CDZ barbu1.JPG
121.32KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 20:06
Turn 91-100 (Player: Romeothemonk

Turn 1: We become a republic. Build New Orleans. Swap most builds, reg warriors suck for us now.
IBT:
Turn 2: Disband our scouts.
Turn 3: Spot dark purple borders pop up/
Turn 4: Not much
Turn 5: Lit comes in, HBR in 4 at a tidy profit.
Turn 6: Trade Lit for HBR, (Just came in) gold and new WM's.
Turn 7: Found Baltimore. Rush a lib in Seattle.
Turn 8: More moving and such.
Turn 9: Not too much
Turn 10: Decide our Unit costs are still eating us alive, and disband some reg warriors.

We can trade republic for anything we need, both civs have offshore cities, and we could start thinking conqeust of China in ~25 turns.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/200582620615_CDZRomeo2.jpg
106.59KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 20:07
Turn 101-110 (Player: Socralynnek)

Looking at the save:
Everything seems fine.

IT:
Research Poly.
Give Poly&Republic to China (they value Poly as high as Republic, so I guess they are researching Republic)
for Horses+Construction+WM+6g
Give Poly+gpt+52g to Greece for Currency.
Sadly they get Feudalism as their free tech which they don't want to trade for Rep.

Borders grow and we pop the hut on the island giving us 50g.

530 BC (1) - Detroit builds Worker.
Sell WM to Greece for WM+14g. See orange borders to the west and spot red borders to the east.
Switch some builds to Horseman.
Research Monotheism at max speed.
Make one scientist in NY.

510 BC (2) - Nothing special.

490 BC (3) - Lib done in Washington. Greece is now in Feudalism, China in Republic.
Trade WMs to both Greece and China.

470 BC (4) - There is a purple Warr 2 E of Buffalo and yes, it's Scandinavia with their nice Berserks...
But from that, they are far away. Give them Poly for their WM + 76g.
They don't know Greece and China. They have iron but no horses.
Build embassy in Trondheim.
Oh, and we have our first horseman.

450 BC (5) - China has Feudalism now and Greece Rep.
Sell WM for WM+35g to Greece.

430 BC (6) - Settler done in NY.

410 BC (7) - Greece has settled just 2 tiles away from orange borders but still haven't met them.
Disband a reg warrior for 2shields and to save 2gpt.

390 BC (8) - Trade TM to Vikings for WM + 9g. Trade WM to Greece for WM.

370 BC (9) - Temple in Washington done, switch to Marketplace.

350 BC (10) - Settler near Detroit is heading for the spot S-S of Corinth.
Next settler could go to the hill S,SW of Houston. That's the only spot where we can squeeze in a city in our lands.
We haven't traded the contact with Scandinavia yet, but now, Greece has a nice sum in their account(76g).
It's funny that Greece hasn't met the orange one yet and China didn't meet the red one (east of their northern cities on the island)
Monotheism done in 2 turns, we have a few scientists around.
We already have 5 horseman.
So, next one please...

Darkness
26-08-2005, 20:09
Turn 111-120 (Player: Rik Meleet)

Pre flight check:
Atlanta is building a reg horse. Switch it to barracks.
Buffalo as well. Since production and food is low; I go for harbor.
St. Louis as well, rax ordered.
Switch Washington to rax as well. Markets are nice, but we have a military campaign ahead of us and need vet horses. At the beginning of my first turn we have -only- 5 horsemen and are weak compared to China.

- 1 -
Detroit builds worker, more ordered up there.
New Orleans builds spear, starts worker
- ROME FINISHES TOA -

Against my principles I road a jungle tile before I clear it. This is to get access to Hangchow with horses in 1 turn; instead of 2. New York grows and I hire 1 scientist there. Mono in 1 while I can down the sci-slider to 50%.
Atlanta's borders expanded, raking in the goats.

- 2 -
Chinese want to talk. TM for TM ? I garee, as I'd like to know where all of their cities are. No extra map info gained.
Monotheism is learned. Start on Theology, for trade-value and to quickly get to Universities. Research is important in this "fastest finish" game.
Washington finishes barracks. MM it to 15 spt and spit out horsemen.

Monotheism is traded to China for Feud + WM + all their gold (1). To Greece for 85 gold + WM (If we don't do that; China will benefit from the trade).
Build Denver.
Cashrush harbor in Seattle.

- 3 -
Phil: horse -> horse
Chic: horse -> horse
Seat: harbor -> market
SanF: Court -> Lib

The construction of the harbor allows coast-trade. Greece has Wines for sale. Comm with the Vikings for Wines + WM + 4 gold. Some Micromanaging later we look real good. The 2 horsemen build takes us to average, compared to China. 16 workers, 5 warriors, 2 archers 2 spearmen and 7 horsemen did that. (This is for Propain's formulae).

- 4 -
Wash: horse -> horse.
Bost: Horse -> horse
Greeks start Lighthouse. And finish MoM in Athens. China starts Great Lib & Sun Tzu.
China has Monarchy. Keep it !

- 5 -
China starts Hanging Gardens and finishes The Great Wall (In Beijing). Talk about Wonder addiction. This does mean that we are by far on the biggest landmass.

- 6 -
Wash: horse -> horse
Atla: rax -> horse
Miam: horse -> spear
Hous: rax -> spear

We suddenly know Japan, England and Rome. China does as well. And Greece. And the Vikings.
Trade Feud to Japan for WM + all their gold (43) + Monarchy. Rome gets Feud for WM + 33 gold. If we can get the Greek city of Argos in a peacedeal; we'll have a firm foothold onto Englands Island. And since Japan and Rome share a continent, just 1 city of them would suffice. All civs are broke, except Greece, who is -relatively- filthy rich with 205 gold.

- 7 -
Wonder messages fly around.

- 8 -
Wash: horse -> horse
NewY: settler -> Lib
Phil: horse -> lib
Chic: horse -> horse
Sell our WM around for some spare cash and more WM's.

- 9 -
Our south is not defended at all. Well, we'll need to gamble if we want to win the SGOTM. Move warrior to the 2nd Gems for protection of a new colony there. Gems can be traded and could be very valuable.

- 10 - 150 BC
I see a greek galley fighting. Must be barbs as Greece is not at war with anyone.
Wash: horse -> market
Boston: horse -> lib
Horse deal ends. WE now have 16 horses and 2 in production.
Settler reaches position for last town.
Worker reaches Gems for new colony.

-----------------

I didn't MM the cities in turn 10. Next player must do that.
There are 14 horsemen in the Detroit - Houston area. 2 more on the way to there. And 2 more in production. Should be enough; I hope.
Settler is in position, and so is the 2nd gems-colony worker.
Theology in 2 turns.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/200582620947_CDZRik6.JPG
177.28KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 20:13
Turn 121-130 (Player: barbu1977)

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826201145_CDZRik7.JPG
30.66KB

Preturn:
Little Micromanagement, change Wash to settler as it is planed to raze Chendu
Move stack in the jungle NE of New Orleans to prevent tha attack acrost the River

130 BC (1)
Atlanta Horse -> Spear
St-Louis Barracks -> Spear
Colony on Gems
Battle of Hangchow: 1 Horse dead, 1 retreat, 2 2/4 to kill 2 spears.
5 Slaves are captured

IT
Horse Attacked by 1 archer reatreats

110 BC (2)
Theology comes Switch to education
Wash Settler -> Marketplace
Battle of Chendu 1 horse Dead, 2 retreat 1 2/4 2 3/4
1 reg horse attacks lone archer promotes and captures 1 worker
The Sci slider is down to 40% education is in 17 turns
Trade Greece Theo for 210g WM and a great 35gpt, Sci slider back up to 70% at -7 gpt. Education in 10

90BC (3)
Chicago Horse -> Lib
Miami Spear-> Lib
Regroup the injured horsies.

Greece now has engineering

70 BC (4)
Attack on Canton I'm facing strong resistance 1 stupid reg spearmand cause 2 retreat and 2 dead horses finaly falls. we now have horses.
We get Eng. and 40G from England for theo, no more rivers to cross

IT Begin has completed the hanging gardens

50BC (5)
Altanta Spear -> Marketplace
Chendu is abbandoned And cintinati founded 1 NE we will be able to squeze 1 city there.

10 horses are ready to stike Beging in 2.

IT 1 horse killed by chinese horse
Athens complete the great light house.

30 BC (6)
Dallas settled
I kill 1 horseman

10BC (7)
Battle for Begin
2 deads 2 Retreats 2 Elites (We get Pyramids, Hanging gardens and the Great wall
Make peace for Tating Chinan and Tientin WM and 36G (Unable to get any other cities)
Sell granary in Washington

10 AD (8)
Micromanage a couple of citizens to get education in 2

20 AD (9)
Wash. Marketplace -> Sistine (Copernicus prebuild) I probably should have delayed marketplace and made a copernicus prebuid
San Fran. Library -> Settler
St-Louis Spear -> Spear

30 AD (10)
Education came continued the road and picked astronomy
Phili Library -> Marketplace
Miami Spear-> Horse

- I did not finished the MM for turn 10.
- We may want to select a few cities in our core to build aqueduc and bring to size 12 where we will build the infrastructure (university, Banks)
- There is a couple of settlers to build for our new possessions
- China could fall preaty easely in the next turnset.
- We probably want to rush a couple of units in the norten Island just acquired.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826201321_CDZ barbu2.JPG
190.01KB

Darkness
26-08-2005, 20:17
Turn 121-130 (Player: Romeothemonk)

IHT: Up science.
Starve down beijing.
We haven't started the FP. will start that soon.
Sell Alex some edumacation for chivalry, wines, WM and 378 gold.
Embassies established.
Still plodding along.
Japan builds TGL.
Astronomy comes in, head for banking.
Pop a bandit camp.
Build Memphis so we can have elvis.
We can pull a few trades, but I wanted team decision on a few of them. Banking is coming up soon.

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826201639_CDZRomeo3.jpg
92.83KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826201658_CDZRomeo4.jpg
98.23KB

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Darkness/2005826201715_CDZRomeo5.jpg
92.57KB

In C3C the rule with the FP is the sooner the better. It doesn't create a 2nd core, so it is kinda useless to build in the corrupt boonies.
I played 10 turns.
I didn't get invention from China, as I left that to the next player, or if we just let the AI trade it amongst themselves.
I went for banking to get the home economy up ASAP.
Agree on the keep astronomy, one of the other reasons I didn't pull any new trades.

Darkness
26-08-2005, 20:19
And the last set of turns played so far:

Turn 131-140 (Player: Socralynnek)

250 AD (0) - Buy Invention from China for Education+160g+WM which we'll be beating out fo them soon...
They wouldn't sell it for all our money, so I guess that deal is the best we can do, because otherwise someone else sells them Edu.
Give Gems+10gpt+WM to Japan for Silks+WM and turn down lux to 10%.
MM Seattle & Wash to get FP (36turns->30turns) & CopObs(16turns->14turns) faster (surrounding cities would be wasting shields otherwise).

260 AD (1) - Boston Harbor->Aqueduct
We lose one Colony since Atlanta's influence has grown.

270 AD (2) - New York Library->Market
Atlanta Market ->Horse
Our deal with Greece about 35gpt expires.

280 AD (3) - We can trade luxuries with Rome

290 AD (4) - Banking done.
Sell Banking for WM+64g+11gpt+Wool+Furs to Rome
Sell Banking for156g+WM+32gpt to Japan
Sell Banking for 22gpt+39g+WM to Greece.
Set research (Gunpowder) to 90%. Done in 5 turns. Set lux to 0%.
Rush Temple in Beijing.

300 AD (5) - Beijing Temple->Courthouse
Phil Market->Univ
Miami Horse->Horse
Rush Settler in Hangchow as it grows next turn.
WLTKD clebrated in some towns(Hangchow, Atlanta, Seattle)

310 AD (6) - Chicago Market ->Univ
Hangchow Settler->Settler

320 AD (7) - SF Harbor-Aqueduct
Tatung Warr->Temple
Chinan Worker ->Settler
Atlanta Horse-> Horse

These builds can/should be changed by next player!!!

340 AD (9) - Gunpowder done and surprisingly there's an Saltpeter source directly next to Baltimore.
Greece has done Astronomy.

350 AD (10) -
Caesar asks for dyes but doesn't want to declare war after I refused.
Athens has done Knights Templar and started building Copernicus, but our build will be done in 4 turns.
Have done no unit movements and no MM in that turn yet.
Scandinavia has gone to Anarchy after they finally got Republic.
Japan and China will be the only civs without a source of saltpeter in their current territory.
There is a Settler standing in Chinese territory. Their border has just expanded, I wanted to settle there (2N of Canton)

Our peace deal with China expired, so we could attack them and take one or two of their cities and go for peace with more cities then.

Oh, and one more word to the FP, I left it at Seattle, because there we can have it very soon (it was 16or 17 turns I think)
Played around with CivAssist2 and it showed, that, only considering the location, Houston would be better (increases our output by +20% instead of a little more than 10%), but surely it would be later, much later.
And we need to build an Aqueduct in Seattle to make full use of the reduced waste/corruption in the FP town.

------------------------

Rik is up next!

Darkness
27-08-2005, 12:35
Turn 141-150 (Player: Rik Meleet)

IBT. MM cities
Move units out of China. Changed Atlanta to Aqua. Tatung to settler.

Japan want to talk. Our TM for their WM.
English want to talk. Our TM for their WM.

- 1 - Declare war on China. Take Tsingtao (Chinese Capital) for no losses.
Loose 1 horse, but take Shanghai.
I have to MM Chinese cities we took in the previous war. Switch Tientsin to a spear.
I don't like the Viking galley on our shores. But it's going to the island south of Seattle with a warrior and a settler.

IBT: Tientsin: spear -> harbor.

- 2 - Nanking spears kill 2 horses + retreats 1. I do manage to kill 2, but Nanking is still Chinese.

IBT a Chinese spear/settler pair walks around on our northern Island. Wine deal ends.

- 3 - We don't actually need wines; only 2 scientists changed to entertainers will for now. Greece is asking 25 gpt for wines. But; there are only 4 or 5 of each luxury on the planet, so if we pass on a deal; we won't get it back easily when we do need it. So I do buy wines for 25gpt.
Nanking retreats 1 horse, but then we capture the city. The Chinese capitol jumps to Macao; the island in our inner sea.

The war can end now, as far as I'm concerned. But Mao doesn't want to talk.

Copernicus finishes. Golden Age. Starts University. Tsingtao flips to China. Greece starts Leo's.

- 4 - Build Los Angeles between Nanking and Shanghai. Rush some buildings. Position troops to take back Tsingtao.

Chemistry is learned. Research set to Physics.
New York. Market -> Uni
Baltimore. Harbor -> aqua

- 5 - Tsingtao. Fail to capture it.

- 6 - Repositioning troops to recapture Tsingtao.

- 7 - failed again. The Tsingtao 2 spears + 1 longbow kill 2 horses, retreat 1. This just sucks. But at least they want to talk and give up 1 city. Shantung looks very nice (on an island with Spices + barbs + Romans. I'll wait 1 last turn.

- 8 - I finally take Tsingtao. Sign Peace with China for Shantung + WM + 23 gold + 1gpt.

IBT: Physics -> ToG. A barb appears close to Shantung.

- 9 - Not much. Consolidating our positions. Nanking has a huge flip risk as it in Athens' first ring so I'm building a worker there to disband it.

- 10 - Not much.

------------------

Things to be on the lookout for.

* The lands are getting filled. That means we'll soon be declared war upon. We are hopelessly weak in defense. And offense now; with only 5 horsemen left.

* Flip risk is not that big.

* North cities are hopelessly corrupt. Perhaps some tacticul cashrushes will do it.

* ToG in 3. University in Wash in 1, Set it to Newton's prebuild.

* FP in 2 in Seattle.

* Gems for silks will expire in the IBT.

* I didn't MM cities and some units have movement left.

* We are currently researching in 4 turns. We might consider gifting sci civs into the next age with us; to help us race to Paratroopers. Team decision.

Good luck Darkness !!

Darkness
27-08-2005, 13:53
Turn 151-160 (Player: Darkness)

IHT: Switch some builds

IT: Renew silks-gems deal with Japan for 13gpt

1 – Adjust sliders. Set Washington to Newtons prebuild
2 – FP completed in Seattle. Adjust sliders
3 – Finish ToG, start magnetism. Washington to Newtons. Cleveland founded
IT – Trade with Rome ends. No riots.
4 – Decide to sell around chemistry:
Rome: Chemistry for Furs, Wools, World Map, Music Theory, 46 gold and 15gpt
Japan: Chemistry for Navigation, World Map, 113 gold and 11 gpt
Greece: Chemistry for World Map, 190 gold and 31 gpt
Unfortunately England hasn’t got a harbour, so we can’t get their incense…
These deals will give us extra cash to grow, and a 20 turn build-up period to get enough cavalries to tackle Greece (which we should do after we get their IA tech, IMHO)
Also these gpt deals will ‘cause rep-hits for the AI’s should they attack us
China and Scandinavia have nothing to give…
Start cashrushing some…
Adjust sliders
5 – Nothing
6 - Abandan Nanking
IT – Rome builds Sun Tzu’s, Antium builds Sistine Chapel
7 – Magnetism, start metallurgy
8 – Nothing
9 – Adjust sliders.
10 – Nothing

ProPain
01-09-2005, 11:56
This is quite a sick variant. No boats means you have to do some mean city blackmailing or wait for airborne units.

Stapel
01-09-2005, 19:02
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

This is quite a sick variant. No boats means you have to do some mean city blackmailing or wait for airborne units.

Indeed...
Am I missing something?

Gyathaar
01-09-2005, 23:32
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Its actually quite amazing how different the game strategy becomes by such a simple change (disabling boats).
A bit puzzling to me that this varant has not been tried more (it infact turned out to be a pretty old variant.. it was used in RBC Epic 5 (http://www.realmsbeyond.net/civ/epic5.html) aswell.. which I didnt discover untill around when SGOTM8 started)

Rik Meleet
03-09-2005, 23:42
Turn 161 - 170 (Player: Barbu)

Preturn
Tsintao->courthouse

IT
Greek borders expand destroying our horse colony :(

560(1)
set research to steam power
Cincinati Library->courthouse
Chicago Hose -> Horse
Kansas city founded in the second island

Japan is has less money than a turn before only 35gpt for metalurgy, I still do it since me want them to go after military tradition

Greece does not want metalurgy (only 11gpt), but agree to pay a wooping 99gpt +160G for physics

Set Slider to 100% to get 5 turn steam at 100gpt

570 (2)
Boston Market->University
Miami aqueduc ->Harbor
Give physics to japan for 18gpt (bether be us than greece)

580 (3)
Phili Horse->Horse (now a 2 turn horse factory)

IT
Renew wines with alexander for 35gpt
Sparta finishes Leo -Nice first targer for our horses :)

Golden Age is Over :(

590 (4)
Switch New York to harbor, loosing 14 sheilds, but gaining flood plain for surounding cities At 2 spt university was in 50 turns or 500G not worth it.

600 (5)
NY harbor -> Univerisity
Chicago horse
Dalas Library -> Baracks

610 (6)
Washington Newton-> Magelan (Factory prebuild)

IT
Greek finished Magelan
620 (7)
Steam power comes set research to Ironclad ... hem, I mean Ind (I forgot to uper lux since Hanging obsoletes fortunatly, no riot in core cities.)
We have coal near New-Orlean, and another that can be colonized near greek border. Still no Iron
New-Orlean Aqueduc (as if it needs more water ;) ) -> Harbor

630 (8)
Phili and Chicago Horses -> Musket

640 (9)
Atlanta University -> Musket
Baltimore Aqueduc -> Univ.

We now have contact to England, but they have elected someone else to trade their incence
Japan now has economics.

650 (10)
Buffalo Baracks -> Musket

I'm stoping here. I'll let the next player decide what to do with the order of worker we have.
Next turn will be again to manage growth. We have 1600G, it's probably time to invest a couple in some cities.
Right now, we need 4-5 entertainers, IMHO not worth increasing lux.

Rik Meleet
03-09-2005, 23:42
Turn 171 - 180 (Player: Rik)

IBT: Silks import is about to end. Redo the deal.
Buy several TM's to get a better view of the lands.
We cannot build a colony on the Iron sources as the Greek city of Delphi is blocking access. We will need to fight Greece for Iron. I'm not sure preparing for war is an option now. Better to wait till Iron does becoma avaiable. Rushbuy a lot of stuff.

IBT: Rome declared on Japan.

-1-
IBT: London finishes Bach's.

-2- Japan has Ivory for sale. We don't need it really. Switch Washington to bank.
IBT: Indistrialization is learned. Next tech: Electricity. (7)
Japan finishes Statue of Zeus.

-3- Several nations have Military tradition. I wait 1 turn with trading for it as next turn many deals will end.
I do send the horses northwards.

-4- Sell Magnetism to Rome for Wool + Furs + Mil Trad + 11 gpt + 3 gold. Mil Trad to England for Exonomics + WM + 6 gold. Mag to Japan for Ivory + 5 gpt + 51 gold. Gift Scandinavia Dyes. He jumps from Annoyed to Polite.
Change continental musket builds to Cavs. Upgrade some horsemen to cav.

-5- Washington finishes bank. starts Cav.

-6-

-7-

-8-

-9- Washington builds cav, starts another. Japan finishes Smith's. Still no Iron on the market.
IBT: Japan wants to talk. Their WM for ToG. No.
Rome demands Dyes. No. Julius doesn't declare.
Electricity is learned. Choose RP as next (but that can be changed, 0 beakers spend yet) tech for Engineers.

-10-
Didn't MM yet. moved some units but that's about it. Darkness: Your turn.
Japan is willing to pay a huge sum for ToG. I advise to wait 1 more turn though, as then 2 great deals expire and they may be able to pay more then.

Darkness
05-09-2005, 20:32
Turn 181 - 190 (Player: Darkness)

750AD (0) – Nothing
760AD (1) – Sell ToG to Japan for 432 gold, World Map and 108 gpt. ToG to Rome for 15 gold and 23 gpt.
IT – Greece enters the Industrial age (get Steam Power). Huge horde of Barbarians appears near Shantung (24 horsies or so)
770AD (2) – Nothing
IT – Barbarians attack Shantung. The first one dies. The next three sack Shantung, killing the worker. The other 20 fortunately start wandering towards Rome and China
780AD (3) – Cancel Wines deal with Greece. Trade ToG to England for spices and Printing Press. Declare War on Greece. Take Corinth and Xinjian
IT – Tsingtao and Baltimore riot…
790AD (4) – Capture Athens
IT – 8 barbarians sack Shantung, they take about 100 gold…
800AD (5) – Nothing…
IT - Corinth bloody flips back to Greece….
810AD (6) – Discover Rep. parts, start Corporation. Corinth retaken.
IT – Another three barbarians sack Shantung, taking a grand total of 6 gold…
820AD (7) – Nothing…
830AD (8) – Grrr. Damn game freezes!!! That should teach me not to have a dozen other programs running a the same time… NOT! Reload from the autosave. Take Thermopylae. Rush settler in Athens. Rush Infantry in Shantung as it is now undefended and there is a barbarian camp near.
840AD (9) – Position settler from Athens just S of the Iron source.
IT – Japan moves a cavalry next to Shantung and two ships appear next to Boston. ROP-rape coming up!!!!!!!!!
850AD (10) – Found San Diego. We now have access to Iron. Workers start railroading immediately. Capture Sparta and Pharsalos. Trade dyes to Rome for WM, 110 gold and 4gpt. Trade dyes to England for 18 gold and 8gpt. Cashrush some…

Notes for the next player:
- All Greece is willing to give for peace (and it has been that way the entire war) is Thessalonica (which is a city that is alone on an island). Maybe if you move units into their territory next turn (or the turn after) they will give more.
- Starve all Greek cities to size 1. Greece is the cultural leader this game, so flip risk is present.
- I did not move the 4 cavalries near Boston. They will be needed in that area because we are about to be declared upon by Japan and they will attempt to land units somewhere around there…
- I also did not MM the cities, and the tax/lux/sci sliders on turn 10.

Darkness
08-09-2005, 21:18
Turn 191 - 200 (Player: barbu)
Preturn, According to civ assist we are on the spot for Corporation, so I hire a couple of scientists in case japan declares war and there ia a riot or 2.

IT: renew silk with japan for wines gem and 20gpt Did nothing good since japan still declared war on us!

860AD (1)
Corporation comes around, select Refining (7)
Was. Cavalry -> Factory
Buf. Caval -> Courthouse
Rome goes to war against japan for Wine and Gems
Scandinavia goes to war on Japan for Physics

IT
Greece wants peace, rejected

870AD (2)
Atlanta Cav ->Factory

IT
Japan lands 3 units on grassland
Greece Kills 1 Cav

880AD (3)
Boston Univ. -> Factory
Delphi is going not good, I loose 2 cavs, 1 to a unfortified crusader and 1 to a musquet

Lower science to 80% so we can have cash to rush lib and temple when we get the greek city.

890AD (4)
Miami Cav -> Lib
Give Steam Power to rome for Fur wools and 7gpt
While we are at it, I give it to england for 25 gpt (They do not have Coal)

900AD (5)
Our mainland has raill coverage to every cities

Greece is now willing to Give Ephesus and Tessalonica for peace Since Ephesus is in the capitol region, I prefer not to wait that it grows and gets harder to bring down to size 1. I make Peace.

910AD (6)
New Orleans Harbour -> CourtHouse
Rush Lib in Ephesus

920AD (7)
MM

930AD (8)
MM

940AD (9)
Buffalo and Beging Produce Settler
SF university
Refinery is in Steel in 7 at 80% and +60GPT. We have 1 oil ressource. We realy needed to get gid of the greeks to get acces.

Rush the Infantry in Ephesus.

950AD (10)
Canton and Tatung revolt

Notes for the next player:

Are we willing to give electricity or industrialisation to greece, rome and England for about 125gpt? Since we are close to the end, giving electricity might mean having to fight infantry.
The 2 settlers are IMHO ready to lay their bag.
I have not managed the last turn, and there is still a bit of starving to to to the greeks.
There oil north of the 3 old japaneese territory.

ProPain
08-09-2005, 23:31
Any chance of a map pic??

Pretty Please...

With a cherry on top and so on :)

barbu1977
09-09-2005, 04:15
Ask and you shall receive:

Our Core:
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/20059941027_map4.JPG

Greek and chineese Teritory
http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/barbu1977/20059941134_map5.JPG

Note that we have a city on the English Island.

Darkness
12-09-2005, 09:24
Turn 201-210 (Player: Romeo)

IHT: Build Seat of the Conferacy (Richmond). Build Sin City (Las Vegas)
IBT: WE LOST A COAL!!
Turn 1: Rome has nationalism, but we can't afford it. Will let them trade it.
Turn 2: We now have lots of Engineers
Turn 3: Sell electricity to Rome and to England. Get incencse, and 117 gpt, and all their spare gold.
Turn 5: We get nationalism for industrialization and 300 gold. We get demo from England for industry. Steel comes in, combustion in 7.
Turn 9: Bring down some research times.
Turn 10: Pooched up and Miami Riots. We get to research planes in 2 turns. Our infra is getting better.
Not too much to report, as it was rather simple. Go through cities, MM, and RR like crazy.

Rik Meleet
13-09-2005, 01:25
Turn 211 - 220 {Player: Rik)

IBT: MM cities in such a way we get Combustion in 1 turn. English middle ages units move towards Ephesus
Combustion is learned. Go for Flight.

- 1 -
MM cities. Ephesus benefits more from an Inf than a temple, so I swithc and cashrush an Inf. Deal with Rome ends next IBT. Buy their silks for 3 luxes + WM + 6gpt.

IBT: English move next to Ephesus. Rome demands The Corp. No way Julius. No war. Boston finishes factory -> Coal plant. Atlanta finishes factory -> Coal plant.

- 2 - Cancel ending lux deal with England. Renegotiate a better deal. I notice Scandinavia is Furious. We have surplus dyes, so I gift it to them. Our core is not prepared for a berserker strike and loosing a city is terrible.

IBT: England sneak attacks. The attacks promote a reg Inf to Vet. Washington starts on Universal Suffrage - ToE prebuild.

- 3 - We had some good deals with England. We are now negative in gpt. I do see the need to cashrush an inf on our bigger island as there is an English city there and we are -very- low on defenses. And Japan still doesn't want to give up a city.

IBT: England MPP with Greece. Wool + furs deal with Rome ends.

- 4 - Sell The Corp to Rome for Wool + Furs + small money + MA against England.

IBT: England signs in China against us.

- 5 - Heavy MM is needed to not go bankrupt.

IBT: an English cav is killed. 2 Chinese Longbows enter our island.

- 6 - MM cities. Kill some units. Flight in 2.

IBT: China and Rome sign MPP. That sucks as I now can't attack Chinese cities. Mao is smart. Pollution in Washington.

- 7- use all the workers and forget to clean up Washington, sorry. :(

IBT: flight is learned. Next tech: Medicine.

- 8 - Universal Suffrage will be completed in 10 turns. Medicine in 4. To not waste too many shields I switch some tiles around to give Wash more commerce and less shields.

IBT: kill some more attacking English Cavs.

- 9 - Merge some native workers into cities. Since China has horses on the Island I need to draft some Infs to prevent loss of cities.

IBT: Pharsalos builds Settler.

- 10 - Build "Dire straits". MM a tiny bit to keep getting Med in 2.

----------

Cities need to be MM-ed to perfection still. Strategy is to get Med in 2, + Sci Meth in 4, so we won't waste a lot of shield in Washington as the ToE prebuild. Japan will not give up any city for peace. England continues to kill their units on the Infs in Ephesus. China only sends out obsolete units. There is a Vet Inf in Tatung that I used to kill Chinese units wandering in.
Be careful; both England and China have MPP's that we don't want to trigger. So it is not a good idea to take the war into their lands.
Thessalonica is our Achilles-heel. We can't reinforce it and we have no gold to rush a unit there. If enemy forces do land, you might want to consider gifting it away.
Good luck.

Darkness
13-09-2005, 12:16
Turn 221 - 230 {Player: Darkness)

1160 AD (1) - Nothing
1170 AD (2) - Discover medicine, start Scientific method.
1180 AD (3) - Nothing
1190 AD (4) - We´re about to go bankrupt, so I sign peace with England and I give them Medicine for 731 gold and 121 gpt.
1200 AD (5) - Nothing
1210 AD (6) - Discover Scientific method. Switch Washington to ToE (using the big picture), completed. Take atomic theory and electronics (most expensive techs available). Set research to Mass production (MM to 4 turns). Washington to Hoovers
1220 AD (7) - Nothing
1230 AD (8) - Nothing
1240 AD (9) - Barbarian camp dispersed
1250 AD (10) - Discover mass production, start motorized transportation

barbu1977
16-09-2005, 04:56
Preturn:
Change coal plan production to airports.
Hurry infantry in thessalonica
Hire a couple of science guys to get Moto in 4

IT:
Chineese offer peace and Yangchow I take it.

1255 (1)
Tassa Inf. -> Inf

IT
Silk deal ends with Rome Give them Medecine (Already known by Japan) for 50gpt, silk, fur, wools and 250g

1260 (2)
Tatung Airport -> Bomber
Chinan Aqueduc -> Bomber
Switch boston from bank to bomber

IT
Elizabeth wants a MPP, Politly say no.

1265 (3)
Boston Bomber -> Bomber
Phili Airport -> Bomber
Atlanta Airport -> Bomber

1270 (4)
Fligh comes around set research to Adv Flight (5 turns)
Chicago Airport ->Bomber
Hurry airport in epeheus so we can bring some workers

1275 (5)
Tientsin Baracks -> Infantry
Detroit Courthouse -> Marketplace
New Orleans Library -> Baracks
Memphis Courthouse -> Barcks
Ephesus Airport -> Baracks

1280 (6)
Athens Courthouse -> Market
Seatle Airport -> Bomber
Miami Factory -> Airport

1285 (7)
Thermo courthouse -> Library
Atlanta Bomber -> Bomber
Baltimore Factory -> Airport
Scandinavia is furious, give Dyes

1290 (8)
Phili Bomber -> Bomber

IT China and England Sing MA against greece
Trade ambargo against us from china and greece as ended

1295 (9)
Advance Flight Comes in.
Boston Bomber -> Bomber
Chicago Bomber -> Bomber
St-Louis Aqueduc -> Paratrooper
Sin City Aqueduc -> Marketplace

I'll finish here because, there is many MM to do and i'm getting sleepy. We need to sell all the science infrastructure, change those scientist to taxman.
I also think all those norten cities should be changed to bombers (would that be an exploit to use civil engineers to produce military material.
Also, I have bad news as Rome and England now have replacable parts.

Next player can probably start to kill some vikings.

akots
16-09-2005, 05:28
So, who is next? If I jump in, the earliest time I can play will be Saturday morning or afternoon considering the volume of micromanagement. Still there is a shitload of stuff to get through at work after vacation.

Rik Meleet
16-09-2005, 09:24
Akots: you can take the turn after Barbu, which means now

Rik Meleet
23-09-2005, 10:49
Romeo

IHT: Move some more stuff around, swap a bunch of scientists to CE's to speed builds. Will attack and crush China on my turn set.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/cdz01.jpg
Turn 3: Stupid Peace treaties and MPP's.
Turn 4: Awesomeness. Rome and England sign peace so we can kill the Greeks. Will do. Greece is officially on the short list.
I forgot bombers don't have LLB in this variant.
Just started the attack on Greece. We should be able to roll Greece in the next 2-3 turns. I did some MM, but did not sell science. I cannot bring my self to do that
I upgraded almost all our spears to infantry, as we really need more footsloggers. Akots may want to build more infantry than bombers as the bombers got nerfed.
Sorry for the short turnlog and not playing 10. Over the past 5 days, I found out that I have to move. The Wife and I are now in the process of buying a house, and this really lmits my ability to play and kibitz.
I will still do my best to help the team though.

Rik Meleet
23-09-2005, 10:49
akots

Well, good news is that I was able to play 7 turns. Greece and China are eliminated and Vikings are being hammered. Bad news is that game crashed on turn 7 while I was RoP raping England. Apparently the process was rather fierce for the engine and I managed to press F3 on the way thus causing an exception error. Here is the log. Tomorrow I'll try to replay turn 7 and will also try to post some pictures.

Preturn check. Lots of changes made. Here is a shortened list:

Two troopers found in chopper in Xinjian, unloaded, moved to Athens and dropped near Knossos. Chopper loaded with infantries instead. Built airfield on gems to be able to get to Japanese town of Jerusalem. Switch many factories in completely corrupt cities to airports or other things more relevant. Switch civil engineers to scientists to speed up research to Rocketry. Irrigated grassland near Boston and joined a worker to get to size 12 which gained us 4 spt. Some corrupt cities are drafted and set to workers. Some builds switched to tanks which were part-rushed. Cincinnati has total of 4 shields. Switched factory build to Bank. At least something. Hangchow has 1 shield total and it a single turn away from Factory, switched to bank. Houston get 3 times shield there were there but we don’t have enough workers to finish improvement of tiles there. Denver is building factory but city has 11 shields total and does not have market. Dallas on the other hand switched from Airport to Factory. The list goes on, almost every city changed.

Finally check the diplo (nothing interesting) and press Enter. Many builds ready, we have our first tank.

[1] Mycenae captured at a price of one infantry. Knossos captured by heroic trooper and Greece is eliminated. A slave builds airfield there and one trooper moved back to mainland. Forces moving on to assault on Jerusalem and Hakodate while we are still at war with Japan. I make a RoP deal with England. Houston brought to very decent 26 shields per turn from 11 on a previous turn. First tank airlifted to Ephesus on English continent. It would be a long way. English military is same size as ours and average is strength. Beth is in Democracy and that is no good for us.

IBT. Rocketry comes in and I turned off research.

[2] Many builds finished, we are making +687gpt. Not much but might be OK for the moment. Ephesus had already 4 tanks, moving into position. I just don’t see any reason for China to stay alive. We can certainly try to get rid of pesky Mao as well if this does not interfere with our plans against England. Airlifted a bunch of cavalries to Tatung to make sure China will be eliminated rapidly.

[3] Jerusalem bombed and captured. Some more units ready, moving tanks into positions over England.

[4] We capture Hakodate from evil Tokugawa. War with China has started. Ningpo captured. It was completely corrupt city but had 5 spearmen as defenders in it. Anyang captured, only 2 spearmen. Kaifeng also captured. Make peace and RoP deal with Japan. They are in Fascism and it can wait. England is the powerhouse to be destroyed first.

IBT a few cities riot for unknown reason.

[5] Paoting captured with a slave which rushes to build an airfield. China will be probably eliminated next turn. More troops moving to England. Attack on Vikings is almost ready. The problem might be not so much with invasion of the mainland but with multiple islands especially not with getting troops to these islands but getting troops back from these islands.

IBT Deal with Rome expired and we lost 3 luxuries. Time to part with another tech unfortunately.

[6] Atomic Theory sold to Rome in exchange for 3 luxuries, Communism (can be useful) and some change like 42 gpt. Viking city of Bodo is razed with our glorious cavalry. Leaving it would increase rank corruption throughout our empire. China is down to a single redlined spearmen in Nanking. Just out of pure curiosity, silly question. Why our Forbidden Palace is in Seattle? That is the worst possible location for FP imho. Why not Miami, Houston, Baltimore or Buffalo? Even Phili would have been way better.

It seems that next turn we are ready to take over England. We can cut England in two parts by taking London and Dover. This would disrupt their communications. However, on the second thought, it might be reasonable to accumulate more tanks there. We have only 13 and there are lots of infantries around there.

[7] Nanking is razed and China is destroyed. Hareid is captured, it is a certain flip risk but great base for attacks on Vikings. I decide to give it a go with England. They have fresh veteran infantries running around and its not going to get better apparently. Possible targets: London, York, Dover, Nottingham, and Argos as well as rubber near Coventry. Staring with London. London captured, with Bach’s in it since tank won against spearman. Dover captured. Argos captured. Canterbury captured. I decide to check how it goes and press F3 and the game crashes. Will try to replay exactly the same moves from the latest save I have or from autosave. Sorry about that, will finish tomorrow.

The game is getting messy.

Looking at the territory graph on the progress page, it seems that we have been researching way too long. A few other teams had started similar conquests around 1000AD and apparently Wacken even earlier. This kills our chance for a victory apparently but we still can finish in a good place.

OK, trying to replay turn 7. London captured, Dover captured, Canterbury and Argos captured. Now, the most important part is not to press F3. Good news end here because our tanks miserably fail to capture Leeds and York. We do capture Nottingham though and get a leader in the process!!! Will apparently form an army of tanks to speed up the slaughter of England. Vikings don’t have rubber and it would be way easier to get them. And finally, cavalry miserably fails to capture Reading. This whole operation did not crush England completely but would certainly prevent Beth from researching and would force her into Fascism. Our losses were minimal and the only thing that really threatens is flips and war weariness.

IBT. England counters with a few cavalries, capturing some workers and killing a redlined tank. We also have some war weariness but not bad, hopefully, hooking incense would help.

[8] Alesund captured. Mostly regrouping units in England.

[9] Another turn of transporting, healing and regrouping. England started to draft riflemen. Reading finally razed. There is little point in keeping this infested city.

[10] Coventry captured, Newcastle captured at a price of two tanks. Norwich captured. Southern England is gone except Oxford. Odense captured from the Vikings, airfield built near it on a mountain. I’ll stop here. Did not rush build, micromanage or check diplomacy. Also, did not move workers. We are ready next turn to take Copenhagen and build an airbase on Viking continent. We then can try to make peace, airlift as many tanks as possible (hopefully England would be finished by then) and repeat the evil approach used to crush England. It should not take too long, although England still would be resisting for another 5-7 turns. Then the time of Rome and Japan would come. They are now at war with each other and this is good.

Here are a few screenies.

Copenhagen – ready to go!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/SGOTM8-1375a.JPG

Oxford: last stronghold in Southern England.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/SGOTM8-1375b.JPG

Northern England: Long way there to victory. Still two more cities on a little island up north.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/SGOTM8-1375c.JPG

An island in the middle: Future second front base for attacks on Rome and Japan.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/SGOTM8-1375d.JPG

Another possible base to start conquering Japan.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/SGOTM8-1375e.JPG

Rik Meleet
23-09-2005, 10:50
Rik

IBT:
Airlift some cavs to the front. Draft a lot. Rush a lot.

- 1 - I win the battle for Copenhagen. Raze it to get workers for an airfield. Capture Oxford (defended by spears) with cavs.
Send bombers to Ephesus, whic is 10 tiles from York and Hastings and has 0% flip risk. Send tanks to be able to capture York and Hastings next turn. Sink some Viking boats (I hate berserkers). War Weariness reaches new heights. It's at this moment cheaper to raise the lux to 10% than to buy Ivory. Hiring clowns drops production substantially.

IBT: Berserkers promote a conscript ToW to elite. Scandinavia MA's with Rome against Japan.

- 2 - worker sacrificed for an airport on Scandinavia. Bombing York and Birka. Birka captured for no losses. Can't take York, but I do capture Hastings. Rush airport in Yangchow. Preparing a huge Fake-peace treaty - ROP-Rape combo against England.

IBT: We loose a cav in an english counterattack. English land an Inf on an island.

- 3 - Capture English Capital of York. Capture Leeds. Sign peace with England for Heracleia (island city) + some cash. England doesn't want to sign RoP. Oh well, we'll declare a few turns later then and focus now on the Vikings. I do move my ToW's and tanks towards the English cities. Paradrop ToW + worker on the free tile between Rome and Japan. 1 turn is enough to get some extra units there next turn. Due to lessened war weariness I can put the lux-slider back to 0%. Cahrush an airport in Herakleia, just in case the war restarts next turn.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/airfield_location.JPG

IBT: England demands our troops out. I try Rop. refused...

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/not_sneak_attacking.JPG

I declare war. A city riots and I "Big-picture" to prevent more riots.

- 4 - Warwick nearly defeats our tanks and cavs, but we do meet Lee.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/warwreck.JPG

Warwick isn't captured. I do capture Reykjavik. We are in deep trouble due to war weariness. Buy Ivory from Japan from semi-obsolete techs, Sci meth and Communism, which are already known to Rome. Use the rushed airport in Heracleia to send some tanks for the conquest of Liverpool.

- 5 - capture Warwick. Capture Brighton. England is down to Musket-defended-Tundra-town-Liverpool. MDTTL has 2 tanks in front of its door. Capture Oslo + Stockholm. Rush airport in Hareid to be able to land paratroopers next to Molde on a 2 tile island. Put 2 helicopters + 1 worker + 3 ToW's in Yangchow to land in Roman 2 tile island when needed. Rush some settlers to get permanent footholds where needed. Load MGL + ToW in helicopter and drop them off in the land between Rome and Japan. Rush some paratroopers.

IBT: annoying vikings retreat a tank and a cav.

- 6 - Liverpool captured -> England is dead. Settler + 2 more ToW's unloaded in the land between Rome and Japan. Discover that you can't send settlers via airports. Attack on Bergen fails. More tanks send in. Build an airfield between Japan and Rome. Sign RoP with Rome for Dyes wines and Incense. Maneuver troops for the future battles.

- 7 - Para's land next to Molde on the 2 tile island. Bergen captured. Trondheim captured. Send most 1 move units to the American-Roman central island, while fast units goto the airfield between Rome and Japan. Some go to Scandinavia. Sell Refining to Rome for 1237 gold. Sell Atomic to Japan for 124 gold + 112 gpt. Use this gold to cashrush tanks. I feel the end is near. Build the city "Japanese-Roman Border", guess where ? It has a leader, 4 bombers, 12 ToW's, and 6 tanks. Leader is made into an army. And it can reach with Bombers both the Roman as well as the Japanese only Rubber. Unfortunately the Roman Rubber is directly under a city. Plans: next turn: kill Scandinavia, or the turn after. In 2 turns: attack Rome.

IBT: 14 tanks build.

- 8 - Molde bombed. Paratroopers capture Molde without damage. Aarhus captured by the fingernails, even attacking with redlined tanks. Cashrush airport in "Japanese-Roman Border". Airlift workers from English lands to Viking lands so the tanks there can soon be airlifter to "Japanese-Roman Border".

IBT: "Japanese-Roman Border" builds airport.

- 9 - Stavanger captured -> Scandinavia is dead. Positioning troops to exploit the "Roman RoP Rape" to the maximum. Start with bombing. We fail to capture any cities in the central island, but we manage to raze Satsuma. We capture Cumae, their only source of Rubber. Byzantium falls. Lutetia doesn't.

IBT: no Roman couterattack.

- 10 - Connect Wool, rush an airport in Byzantium. Capture Ceasaraugusta. Capture Palmyra. Autoraze Brundisium. Rome is down to their continent + 1 island city where we already own a city with a rushed airport next turn.
Lugdunum is under siege. Our 2 cities on the Japanese-Roman continent are loaded with troops that still have movement. Unfortunately is Cumae rioting (because of resistors going unhappy) so no airport rush there yet.

I stop now. The next player can decide on what to do next. Keep in mind we have a big gpt payment from Japan, so it might be worthwhile to not declare war on them immediately. The Scandinavian province has tanks + airfields + workers. The middle island also still has units which could be better used elsewhere.

I didn't Micromanage yet. I see no other useful thing to build besides tanks.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/minimap.JPG