PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this suck

Tubby Rower
26-08-2005, 13:31
This happened to me this morning I re-attacked RamiNas with my 5 remaining turns and recovered 31,042 but still it hurt. I was able to still upgrade my siege tech, but ouch!! I guess I didn't spend it fast enough.... How does the auto-buyer work?

http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/uploaded/Tubby Rower/2005826122957_KoC.gif
12.82KB

DrAlimentado
26-08-2005, 15:36
you were unlucky, he happened to see your cash in that instant that you had it.

the autobuyer is built into KoCUtility. It pops up whenever you goto the armory or training page and basically gives you an easy to use interface for buying stuff. You can set a 'buylist' which it remembers - this allows you to spend the cash as fast as you can type the captcha image and press 'buy now'. (extremely useful for when you need to spend cash fast!)

Of course its other main purpose is that you can set it on a timer - that way you can spend your money (once) while you are away from the computer. Needless to say that this is extremely not allowed by KoC rules... so be discreet! ;)

If you need any help getting KoCUtility up and running then post in the KoCUtility thread and I or someone else will give you whatever advice we can :)

Tubby Rower
26-08-2005, 15:39
Oh I got the KOCUtility up & running. I'm just a little leary about some of the features since I don't want to get banned just as a new age is supposedly about to start.

DrAlimentado
26-08-2005, 21:29
ah ok, well the autobuyer is pretty undetectable. The only real issue with it is that you could access your account from 2 places at once if you leave the autobuyer running AND then check your account from somewhere else. Practically for me this means not checking my account from work until after the autobuyer has stopped. So most mornings I set autobuyer to do a purchase at 11.05 am - and I uncheck 'refresh when idle' so that it will stop refreshing after that - and then I know not to check my account from work until after 11.05 am.

Goldhunter is theoretically more risky, in terms of generating suspicious looking logs (from hitting so many pages so quickly). But I have run it very fast several times [blush] and I kinda doubt they are going to catch me. Still, if you are worried then just run it more slowly, you can set the delay between page loads to whatever figure you think is best.