PDA

View Full Version : CDZ Cup KO stages scores and matches

Kemal
24-08-2005, 23:02
Ok, time to start the draw for the final 2 rounds of the cup, which as known by now will be played using a knockout system, to be played on neutral venues, using cup rules.

Teams have been put into groups of 4 based on their ranking in the group stages, the teams in group 1 will play for the 4 top spots, group 2 for places 5/8, etc until group 6 for places 21/24.

Based on the ranking in the league stages, these groups consist of , in no particular order, the following teams:

Group 1:

1. FC Suca
2. FC De Snaken
3. Meli's Manglers
4. Grasshoppers Elm

Group 2:

5. Swingstars
6. Acorazado Fuerte
7. 1.FC Saarbrücken
8. Wartham United

Group 3:

9. Eindhoven Energy
10.FC Isak
11.Disciples of Kipper
12.Aristocats

Group 4:

13.Black Marlins
14.Shabba FC
15.de burchtheren
16.Chemists

Group 5:

17.Yorkie Geezers
18.Elchtracht Elm
19.PP SV
20.Mistfit's Marauders

Group 6:

21.Dom ducks
22.Chimica Tarnaveni
23.Pugwash FC
24.Crvena Zvevda Strijp

Schedule for next week's game:

Semifinal 1 (SF1):

Meli's Manglers 3 - 2 FC De Snaken

Semifinal 2 (SF2):

FC Suca 4 - 0 Grasshoppers Elm

Places 5/8 game 1 (Gr2_1):

Wartham United 4 - 0 Swingstars

Places 5/8 game 2 (Gr2_2):

1.FC Saarbrücken 1 - 3 Acorazado Fuerte

Places 9/12 game 1 (Gr3_1):

Aristocats 5 - 0 Disciples of Kipper

Places 9/12 game 2 (Gr3_2):

FC Isak 1 - 7 Eindhoven Energy

Places 13/16 game 1 (Gr4_1):

Shabba FC 6 - 3 Chemists

Places 13/16 game 2 (Gr4_2):

Black Marlins 4 - 1 de burchtheren

Places 17/20 game 1 (Gr5_1):

Yorkie Geezers 0 - 4 Mistfit's Marauders

Places 17/20 game 2 (Gr5_2):

Elchtracht Elm 4 - 0 PP SV

Places 21/24 game 1 (Gr6_1):

Chimica Tarnaveni 1 - 3 Crvena Zvevda Strijp

Places 21/24 game 2 (Gr6_2):

Dom Ducks 1 - 0 Pugwash FC

For next week, this means:

FINAL:
Meli's Manglers 2 - 4 FC Suca

3RD PLACE MATCH (AET):

FC De Snaken 4 - 3 Grasshoppers Elm
5th/6th:

Wartham United 0 - 5 Acorazado Fuerte

7th/8th:
1.FC Saarbrücken 5 - 0 Swingstars

9th/10th:
Aristocats 2 - 0 Eindhoven Energy

11th/12th:
Disciples of Kipper 1 - 2 FC Isak

13th/14th:
Shabba FC 3 - 2 Black Marlins

15th/16th:
de burchtheren 5 - 3 Chemists

17th/18th (AET):
Elchtracht Elm 2 - 1 Mistfit's Marauders

19th/20th:
PP SV 4 - 2 Yorkie Geezers

21st/22nd:
Crvena Zvevda Strijp 0 - 2 Dom Ducks

Red Lantern match:
Chimica Tarnaveni 1 - 8 Pugwash FC

Draw is finished, thanks for watching!

arne1
24-08-2005, 23:20
quote:Draw is finished, thanks for watching!
my pleasure

Dell19
25-08-2005, 12:19
Just checking, was I actually 7th overall as I have more points than Saarbrücken and we both finished third.

Kemal
25-08-2005, 12:32
Since I gave up putting the teams in the correct order after about 5 teams (figuring it was useless since the draw was random anyway), I added the "in no particular order" sentence in the text explaining how these groups were made up. ;)

Otherwise, Chimica being last in group 6 would also have been a no-brainer (no offense yndy). [:p]

yndy
26-08-2005, 14:48
Well thanks Kemal, I scored some goals, you know so it would have been possibly in theory that someone ranked lower than me.

Kemal
26-08-2005, 14:57
Sure, and furthermore, once you reach the end of your wacky training experiment, you'll be the one with the last laugh as multiple millions start flowing towards the chimica treasury...

In the meantime however, one of the drawbacks of shooting training continues to be facing the fact that your team is going to be the laughing stock of the CDZ cup.. ;)

ProPain
29-08-2005, 23:35
Mel, I've been so rude as to use your stadium as neutral ground. Feel free to reciproke and use mine.

Elchtracht, please accept quickly, England friendlies are on tuesday.

Mistfit
30-08-2005, 00:08
Actually I used Chemist stadium with out permission [blush]

bed_head7
30-08-2005, 00:39
My stadium "The Dented Slides Arena" will probably always be available for use as neutral ground. I am always travelling since playing abroad against others actually makes me more than playing at home. As long as I pick my teams right. So I have a nice little flag collection already, even though they won't show up until I become a supporter, it seems.

Also, where could I read about yndy's training? I looked through this forum and found nothing.

Dell19
30-08-2005, 12:08
Ah crap I forgot that these matches were neutral and arranged it at home.

Kingreno
30-08-2005, 17:40
I waited till past the deadline before arranging another friendly...bleh.

Melifluous
30-08-2005, 18:08
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

Mel, I've been so rude as to use your stadium as neutral ground. Feel free to reciproke and use mine.

That cool PP I was going to be away.

I'm playing Kemal and he already sorted us with FC Suca's ground ;)

Hope my place is lucky for ya man.

I'm hoping that Kemal notices that the match is to be played at 10am tomorrow morning!!!

Melifluous

Kemal
30-08-2005, 19:08
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous
I'm hoping that Kemal notices that the match is to be played at 10am tomorrow morning!!!

Heh, I was kinda hoping you had not... [mischief]

Kemal
30-08-2005, 19:38
Btw, it looks like it will be FC Suca once again in the final, despite brave opposition by Grasshoppers Elm. 3-0 to Suca with 10 minutes to play...

Kemal
31-08-2005, 10:13
Hmm, third post in a row... [hmm]

Anyway, for those interested [if any... ;)], now playing:

FC De Snaken - Meli's Manglers, currently 0-0 after 15 mins.

Bleh, just after Snaken equalized to 2-2 in the 79th minute in this thriller, hattrick goes down! [mad]

Snaken issue protest after midfielder Balyon went down after a scything tackle and the referee allowed play to go on. The same ref that was later seen wearing some remarkably expensive fur coat...

quote:
1794 spectators had found their way to FC Suca Arena, despite the heavy rain. The match took place on neutral ground. Snaken tactics involved an interesting 3-4-3 combination. Lineup: Mi³ek - Buursink, Poorter, Meesen - Böõr, Balyon, Halling, Hansson - Snoj, Sánchez, Hoseth.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Robinson - Bryan, Hoff, Castellanos - Haugstad, Carroll, de Klaver, Sprengen, Quigley-Parks - Eriksson, Hatzichristodulu.

Snaken were very close to putting themselves one up in the 23rd minute as Mauro Sánchez got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. Manglers had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Stanis³aw Mi³ek saved Andy Hatzichristodulu´s shot headed for the top corner. Manglers´s Daryl Castellanos left the field after 27 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Hogan Radley. After 28 minutes Manglerss Hogan Radley made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1. Snaken tried to reply with long plays towards the centrally placed strikers, but the visitor´s defence got the best of it. The referee showed Manglers's Mark Bryan the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 35:th minute Manglers goal, making it 0 - 2. Tomas H. Eriksson was noted down as the scorer. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

In the games 55:th minute Tomas H. Eriksson nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. In the 57th minute, Manglers's Andy Hatzichristodulu received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. In the 68:th minute Mauro Sánchez passed through the guests central line of defense, scoring the 1 - 2 goal. After 76 minutes of play Mohamed Hoseth equalised for Snaken after an elegant attack from the right. Manglers took the lead in the games 80:th minute with 2 - 3 after some elegant plays down the middle. Tomas H. Eriksson was the scorer. In the 87:th minute Wietse Balyon went down in a suspected penalty situation after a challenge from the visitors right guard, but the referee, having a good line of sight, signalled to keep on playing Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 52 percent, dominated the battle.

Congrats to Meli, and good luck vs Suca in the final! [goodjob]

yndy
31-08-2005, 19:39
Most of the final round is now sorted, last fpur matches are to be posted tomorrow, good luck to all for the last round of matches in this season's CDZ Cup !

ProPain
05-09-2005, 12:28
I misused the chemists arena this time :)

Hope that's ok

Kemal
07-09-2005, 09:56
Just noticed that the match Saarbrucken vs Swingstars has not been arranged either, and that Saarbrucken played Acorazado instead?

Hmm, what exactly would the story behind this be...? I'm not sure who to award the win here. :(

Dell19
07-09-2005, 12:12
I'm guessing that Swingstars didn't accept the friendly so after the other tie broke down, Saarbrucken played Acorazado as its quite hard to find a friendly after monday.

ProPain
07-09-2005, 12:46
swingue was on holiday. He returned yesterday, my guess is he just forgot to check in Italy.

Kingreno
07-09-2005, 17:37
@ kemal: Acorazado played saarbrucken last week not this week!

Swingue
07-09-2005, 19:17
He guys, forgot about it, thought I'd be in time on tuesday, wasn't ;(.
So I guess a 5-0 loss for me is in place. Sorry Saarbrucken.

akots
15-09-2005, 18:06
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Actually I used Chemist stadium with out permission [blush]

Please, you can use it anytime. The Marauders are allways wellcome in Houston especially considering they don't come from New Orleans. :)

akots
15-09-2005, 18:07
quote:Originally posted by ProPain

I misused the chemists arena this time :)

Hope that's ok

As long as we are allowed to spam at CDZ. [lol]