PDA

View Full Version : Match Results Day 13 season 25

Kemal
21-08-2005, 22:58
[cool], got my highest crowd attendance ever, 33K means the Arena was 100% filled! Not bad for a game that didn't matter anymore...
Snaken lived up to everyone's expectations by grabbing yet another straight red and another yellow.. upping the total cards to 3 red and 37 yellows this season.

quote:
33000 spectators arrived at FC De Snaken Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Snaken started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Mi#322;ek - Öztürk, Balyon, Flores D'Arcais - Bö#337;r, Fjällander, Halling, Espinola - Billand, Kronskär, Catanã.

Sporting tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Teggelaar - Tamminen, Nijholt, Åhnkvist, Haren - Mikaelsson, Abed-Ibraheem, Emilsson, van de Hoek - Enkvist, Gaglione.

Björn Åhnkvist received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 10:th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. After a fine move down the middle Joakim Fjällander nearly gave the home side one up in the 36:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. After 37 minutes, Ristea Catanã swiftly ran past Björn Åhnkvist to put away the 1-0 goal. Snaken´s Peter Billand had an excellent opportunity in the 41st minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! As Wietse Balyon had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Snaken player a red card without batting an eye. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Snaken lead up with 2 - 0. Ristea Catanã finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. Ernest Nijholt of Sporting received a yellow card in the 44th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 65 percent possession rate.

In the 46:th minute Snaken put themselves up 3 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Joakim Fjällander coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. The structure of the game started to change as Snaken decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. A great save by goaltender Tobias Teggelaar in the 68th minute kept the visitors in the game as Peter Billand struck from the left with a real cannonball. Snaken's Boe Halling got himself booked after a foul. Boe Halling almost managed to score another goal for Snaken, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. Snaken held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

Most important Snaken player was Stanis#322;aw Mi#322;ek. Diego Flores D'Arcais on the other hand, had a terrible day. Sporting's best player was Pieter Haren. Rickard Mikaelsson on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 3 - 0.

Dell19
21-08-2005, 23:09
Lost 3-0 which I feel was harsh since I had the better hatstats and only lost midfield by 8%.

arne1
22-08-2005, 01:10
lost 4-1. Title is far off now and a small victory might not be enough to promote. I need to have hav no badluck whatsoever to promote.

Thrawn
22-08-2005, 06:32
quote:A scorching day at Western Park, where 46868 spectators were in place for today´s match. ballarat had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. They fielded: Sakunpichetrut - Eberwein, Olivier, Smith, Maxted - Gardiner, Plante, Conduit, Monod - Whitehead, Sinclair.

Marlins had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Carqueja - Cassella, Noonan, Packer - Matussin, Tuilagi, Walter, Schuster, Insalaco - Ibrahim, McGowan.

Marlins strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field. Marlins's ability to press their opponents all over the field paid off frequently. In the 25:th minute the home side managed to get a 1 - 0 lead as Claudio Monod flipped the ball after a cross pass from the right. Mohd Satar Matussin was dominating his wing and kept sending fine balls into the enemy box - Mohammad Ibrahim managed to kick one of them into 1 - 1 in the 36:th minute. The home side put themselves ahead 2 - 1 in the 40:th by a breakthrough from Benton Whitehead, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. Orville Gardiner of ballarat received a yellow card in the 41th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Marlins levelled the score in the 42nd minute at 2 - 2, as Darren McGowan struck home after a fine midfield combination, leaving him completely unmarked. Marlins had several good opportunities to take the lead, especially in the 44:th minute when Darren McGowan came up alone against Sirisak Sakunpichetrut who managed a block. Halftime score was 2 - 2. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Marlins, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

It was a hot and sunny day, and several players seemed worn out. Maybe this was why Eddy Smith found unusually much space for his snappy footwork. In the 61st minute an unfortunate play by Sirisak Sakunpichetrut gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but Gernot Schuster, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation. In the games 71st minute Mohammad Ibrahim almost gave the visitors the lead, as he clipped a spectacular scissors shot just past the bar. Marlins took the lead after 72 minutes with 2 - 3. Jeff Packer placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left. Marlins came close to extending their lead as Gernot Schuster delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Marlins, with an impressive 65 percent possession of the ball.

ballarat's best player was Sirisak Sakunpichetrut. Bradford Maxted on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Marlins player was without a doubt Jimmie Noonan. Jeff Packer on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 3.

This was completely unexpected. I was expecting to lose, but I'll take the win, and my place in 4th is now cemented, unless I have a disastrous game next week. If 3rd place draws next week, and I win, I'll finish in 3rd too. Not bad for my first season in V. :)

ProPain
22-08-2005, 09:44
lost 0-1 which was way better than expected. Didnt make it home in time to adjust my line up and ended up with a reserve forward on my midfield. [walbash] both 1st and 2nd halve saw a 28%-72% possession rate. Cant remember when I had 28% in a home match [:S] My original game plan was to CA, maybe next week. My direct contester for relegation won so now he's only one point behind me. NExt week's match gonna decide who's gonna stay and who's gonna go. My competitor is in much better form than I am so where I I expect another loss next week, he's got a chance to do better. A draw would still keep me in the 6th (unless I lose terribly) due to better goaldifference. Therefor I hope you all will cross your fingers for me next week and hope that Noraly Beyer loses. :)

Had a good YP this week though. solid PM and wing. inad. passing, defending and scoring. Sadly wretched stamina and 19 years.

Mistfit
22-08-2005, 12:46
No promotion possible now [rolleyes]

I don't believe I had a single scoring chance in the game (ok the one but no player was mentioned)
quote:Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 18539 at socceraggie07 Arena today. socceraggie07 tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Gallegos - Coleman, Pfuderer, Van Bruggen - Kutz, Cotes, Widerwald, Brandbo, Barbour - Avella, Kuhn.

Mistfits_Marauders tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Wennemars - Lombardi, Pearce, van der Arend - Puggaard, Zannirato, Borg, Queirós, Cavanna - Mattka, Wang-Kin.

After a fine move down the middle Jens Brandbo nearly gave the home side one up in the 6:th minute. The finishing shot went just wide, though. The referee showed socceraggie07's Grover Coleman the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Ueli Kutz hit the ball just perfect in the 25:th minute and could score for socceraggie07 with a fab long shot to 1 - 0. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Mistfits_Marauders's Huey Pearce got himself booked. Leon Widerwald almost managed to score another goal for socceraggie07, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. In the 36th minute of game time, socceraggie07's Grover Coleman received his second yellow card and was sent off. After 38 minutes, a couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area by Carlos Eduardo Avella might have resulted in another goal for socceraggie07. However, Piet-Hein Wennemars made a spectacular save. 1 - 0 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by socceraggie07, with an impressive 59 percent possession of the ball.

Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Vincent Kuhn squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 52nd minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. After an industrious effort down the middle Vincent Kuhn could have closed the game off in the 55:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. Mistfits_Marauders had a fair chance to reply after 71 minutes, due to some fine moves down the left, but in the end no one was there to put their head to the ball as it was lifted into the box. socceraggie07, bringing the final ball possession rate to 54 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating socceraggie07 player was without a doubt Jens Brandbo. Carlos Eduardo Avella on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Mistfits_Marauders player was without a doubt Roberto Cavanna. Huey Pearce on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 0.

Looks like I'll be staying put for the next season, And battling it out with the Duck Hunters for promotion next season.

I'll keep all of my fingers and toes crossed for ya Propain!

Edit: BTW isn't is season 26?