PDA

View Full Version : Hattrickbug this weekend...

Kingreno
20-08-2005, 15:12
From their main news page...

quote:Matches that started between 11:54 and 17:55 today unfortunately suffered from a bug in the Match Engine. Teams playing with special tactics AOW/AIM/Pressing have not had the proper tactic level calculated, and therefore played worse than they should have done.

The match results stays as they are. We're very sorry about this bug.

Anyone of 'us' victimised by this?

I wonder why Counterattack is not mentioned here, as that, by far, is the worst tactic to be "forgotten" by the match engine...

Kemal
20-08-2005, 15:41
Hmm, weird bugs, I'm wondering how many other bugs like this plague hattrick, that do not get noticed or reported on the front pages, since it seems we get a major bug report about once every month or so. I suppose CA did work as it should have then, did anyone play CA in the CDZ cup?

I did for once play AIM, but since I played away my match was played before the 17th. I also got the expected - very low [blush2]- skill level.

The bug is fixed now surely, for the weekend matches?

edit: yndy played pressing vs Dom Ducks, so we have a victim yes. Too bad, surely he would have had his first point had the pressing worked correctly.. ;)

Dell19
20-08-2005, 17:06
You should all play battrick and then you would see how many bugs you can have in an online game.

socralynnek
20-08-2005, 21:42
Hmmm, yndy shouldn't have suffered from this, as it was the day before yndy's match took place, or not?

Kingreno
20-08-2005, 21:48
I noticed several teams special skill being rated as disastrous last midweeks friendlies, an abnormaly low level indicating no passing what-so-ever, now I know why, and I do not believe it was just between the times indicated by the HT-team...

Kemal
20-08-2005, 23:51
17th of august seems to me to be wednesday, when yndy played. I played the day before, and got the same AIM rating as HO predicted I'd get, so I supposed I didn't suffer. Then again, HO is no omniscient program of course.

yndy
24-08-2005, 08:53
If I was affected, I am sure it did not change the outcome of the game. :)